PDA

View Full Version : Project Argo...........The New Old School GR

stefos1
06-18-2017, 03:40 AM
Hi everyone,

It seems that good ole' Bohemia Interactive is now going where GRW should have gone: Hardcore tactical

Free and no microtransactions...........

Ubisoft, move away from the Run N' Gun....................Get some.

Stefos

Flanker1Six
06-18-2017, 04:30 PM
That is kind of "their thing". Being the creators of the original Operation Flashpoint, which has since morphed into the Armed Assault series.

I still have many fond memories :rolleyes: of being shot by "some NPC" from so far away I had no idea where it came from!

I'll have to check out Argo.

SuicidesShadow
06-19-2017, 12:02 AM
I'm just gonna assume that what you're talking about is a PC only game but I do remember Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising from when used to have a Xbox 360 and remembering it know makes me feel sad that GRW couldn't have a difficulty setting or AI controls similar or better than that game like that was pure tactical and comparing GRW (as much as I love it) I feel quite short changed and a victim of false advertising, but I guess that's part of the downside of playing on consoles, companies like Ubisoft have to make games as playable to kids as possible even if the game is rated 18 because if its too hard the kids won't play or get mummy to buy it and the adults that want the real tactical goods have to suffer with a mediocre experience

USASgtNickFury
06-19-2017, 01:49 PM
That is kind of "their thing". Being the creators of the original Operation Flashpoint, which has since morphed into the Armed Assault series.

I still have many fond memories :rolleyes: of being shot by "some NPC" from so far away I had no idea where it came from!

I'll have to check out Argo.

Shot this yesterday bro. Been playing on Steam for a while. Will be out as a FREE DLC on June 22nd. Madden is also an Arma 2 map that BI has redone.

https://store.bistudio.com/products/project-argo

https://youtu.be/7NBy_it0Wjo

Kean_1
06-19-2017, 06:57 PM
I'm just gonna assume that what you're talking about is a PC only game but I do remember Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising from when used to have a Xbox 360 and remembering it know makes me feel sad that GRW couldn't have a difficulty setting or AI controls similar or better than that game like that was pure tactical and comparing GRW (as much as I love it) I feel quite short changed and a victim of false advertising, but I guess that's part of the downside of playing on consoles, companies like Ubisoft have to make games as playable to kids as possible even if the game is rated 18 because if its too hard the kids won't play or get mummy to buy it and the adults that want the real tactical goods have to suffer with a mediocre experience

Yeah.... I bought that for my PS3 when it came out. Buggy as hell but it was refreshing to be able to play a tactical shooter like this on console.

I recall playing the BI/Codemasters Operation Flashpoint games since Cold War Crisis in early 2000 on PC. The mission editor was fun as well since you could create your own scenarios. .....good times.

I might be excited about Argo too if it were for console but the fact is that PC already has several tactical products. That's not to say it won't be a good game, I just don't think it's a good comparison to a release like GRW which was designed for all platforms. I will agree that we do need a good tactical shooter for PS/XB though. Personally, I believe the demand is there.

Cons72
06-19-2017, 07:53 PM
Shot this yesterday bro. Been playing on Steam for a while. Will be out as a FREE DLC on June 22nd. Madden is also an Arma 2 map that BI has redone.

https://store.bistudio.com/products/project-argo

https://youtu.be/7NBy_it0Wjo

A Warthog on an Aircraft Carrier? GTF outta here.

UbiKeeba
06-19-2017, 08:12 PM
Moved thread to off-topic.

GiveMeTactical
06-20-2017, 04:45 PM
To bad it does not have a Solo/Campaign... it does look good but even though I love playing tactical games (well, more like I used to love), I don't like playing a game where I have to take a few minutes to kill 1 or 2 guys before they shoot me and since I do suck at reaction time, I end up dying even before firing a shot LOL.