PDA

View Full Version : The cent's new tech is absurd

JibletHunter
06-17-2017, 05:21 PM
Most agree that in 1's, cent can be countered handily, but in 4's he is ruining the game. Good news! Now he has a new unlock tech that allows him to do 90-100 damage on a light parry without a wall (without any gear score, buffs, or revenge). . .90 is without hay maker feat, 100 with it. Light parry> charged heavy> charged punch> unlocked zone. Charged heavy does 30, punch can potentially do 10 (it might be more for a fully charged punch, but ill be conservative). The first two hits of the zone are unblockable and all three are un-parryable. The first hit does 25 damage, and the second does 35 (due to the unlock tech for some reason). The third is blockable, so i wont count that, however the timing is tight from getting up.

30+10+25+35= 100

My centurion has about 130GS with about +10% attack. In revenge I have +30% attack (these no longer stack). That means I am doing roughly 110 to 130 damage with this combo with no counter-play and no risk (unless the counterplay is never throw lights).

Additionally, this is superior to eagle's talon because it clears any people attempting to help their teammate with no risk of being parried (and a potential 85 damage 25-35-25 to those who attempt to parry instead of block).

And just for ****s and giggles, the damage if the parried player fails to block the last zone immediately upon standing (rare but happens about 10% of the time):
Without GS: 115
With 10% attack GS: 126.5
Revenge mode with 30% attack (it can go much higher): 149.5 with an unparryable zone coverage for teammates @110.5 damage.

I am not advocating for it's use. It is clearly broken. However, there is a large potion of the player base that will use it anyway. Please be respectful to your co-players and do not exploit this unintended component of his kit. That being said, something needs to be done about this immediately (with respect to the amount of guaranteed damage, the unparryable characteristic on the zone, and the extra 10 damage on the second zone swing.

For a point of reference, Cent can parry an 600 ms raider light attack that deals 15 damage for 90 damage. Raider will be able to parry a 500-600 ms heavy attack that deals 25 damage for 15 damage. I used to play Cent, but recognize that this is not healthy for the state of 4's in any way.

Gastgrinder
06-17-2017, 05:31 PM
Well done Ubisoft...

Halvtand
06-17-2017, 06:40 PM
Most agree that in 1's, cent can be countered handily, but in 4's he is ruining the game. Good news! Now he has a new unlock tech that allows him to do 90-100 damage on a light parry without a wall (without any gear score, buffs, or revenge). . .90 is without hay maker feat, 100 with it. Light parry> charged heavy> charged punch> unlocked zone. Charged heavy does 30, punch can potentially do 10 (it might be more for a fully charged punch, but ill be conservative). The first two hits of the zone are unblockable and all three are un-parryable. The first hit does 25 damage, and the second does 35 (due to the unlock tech for some reason). The third is blockable, so i wont count that, however the timing is tight from getting up.

No, the unlocked=unparryable-bug was addressed and fixed quite a while ago. if you're still doing that you're just taking unnecessary risks.
Way to out yourself as an exploiter, btw...

Berard_Gutler
06-17-2017, 06:41 PM
Simple and short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0jFImHoVEg

This game only hope its that maybe Ubisoft donates it to Blizzard to make it a proper game lol. Atm theres more broken content than proper one.

kweassa1
06-17-2017, 06:49 PM
Simple and short

This game only hope its that maybe Ubisoft donates it to Blizzard to make it a proper game lol. Atm theres more broken content than proper one.

Do you want me to cite how many broken shi* WoW had since original, and how long they took to fix it?

You know how long they took to fix the "Icemage facerolls Warriors" or "spin anyone in a circle with a straw attached with a Warlock" in WoW? :rolleyes:

Kinda amazing how people who don't know jackshi* about these games tend to run their mouths off as if it's a valid reference. :rolleyes: The criticisms Ghostcrawler received during his days on WoW, before he left in '14 makes Eric Pope or Roman look like saints.

ELDRIX_
06-17-2017, 06:52 PM
Simple and short

did he unlock his guard break?

Berard_Gutler
06-17-2017, 06:54 PM
They see it as a guard break and do the cgb

JibletHunter
06-17-2017, 06:59 PM
No, the unlocked=unparryable-bug was addressed and fixed quite a while ago. if you're still doing that you're just taking unnecessary risks.
Way to out yourself as an exploiter, btw...

Way to selectively quote, BTW :p

I tested this versus AI in practice mode. . . also I included this in my post, "I am not advocating for it's use. It is clearly broken. However, there is a large potion of the player base that will use it anyway. Please be respectful to your co-players and do not exploit this unintended component of his kit."

This is not fixed and still possible, as i just tested it yesterday.

Netcode_err_404
06-17-2017, 07:16 PM
just dodge

S0Mi_xD
06-17-2017, 07:37 PM
Do you want me to cite how many broken shi* WoW had since original, and how long they took to fix it?

You know how long they took to fix the "Icemage facerolls Warriors" or "spin anyone in a circle with a straw attached with a Warlock" in WoW? :rolleyes:

Kinda amazing how people who don't know jackshi* about these games tend to run their mouths off as if it's a valid reference. :rolleyes: The criticisms Ghostcrawler received during his days on WoW, before he left in '14 makes Eric Pope or Roman look like saints.

Haha ^^ right, isn't it funny?
Personly i do NEVER saw a game that was bug free from the release xD

That only shows how extremly toxic or stupid or both at the same time, a big part of the For Honor community is....
I don't know if it is related to the generation, or the "luxury" lifestyle that many people have (i mean if you can effort, a PC/console, the game, internetconnections and equipment etc. then you - you sure have a quite "good" life.
A part of those just needs something to complain about - just for fun etc.

And i don't know ....

But back to the topic:

Some people expect the game to be perfect from release.
But with the conditions nowdays (deadlines etc.) and the sheer size of the always growing games, there will be always potential for small issues in programming etc.
Same counts for connection.

It's funny who people don't know because the don't inform themselfs about something or just take something as an example out of the air.
It's funny how people complain about Ubi and For Honor, as if For Honor is the only game in the world with issues. (Take a look in the forum of any game, there will be always a section with bugs, problems etc.
It's funny that they say that Ubis can't fix For Honor in 4 Month after release.

I wish i could mute those people xD
And for Ubi, the do co-operate very good with their player base. And for this they earned my respect, because not every company does it in this way.

I like For Honor, but sometimes the community fu-cks me up ....
Never saw such a mass of "inappropriate" behaver in a Forum and a Game ...

I do really think, that a game (especially beat'em ups and combat focused) that also wants to be competetive in a certain way, is not the best choice for an average player.

S0Mi_xD
06-17-2017, 07:39 PM
just dodge

Gosh - you are still here? :confused:

It was pretty calm as long as you didn't post anything.

Knight_Raime
06-17-2017, 07:46 PM
well I think it should be fixed purely on the fact that it makes something unblockable/unparryable that's clearly not designed that way.
But just as an FYI zerker has a totally normal OOS punish that lands for 90 damage. no one seems to complain about that though.

Netcode_err_404
06-17-2017, 07:50 PM

Calm is boring, besides mine was a suggestion that works 100% with every game's issues.

If you disagree, that means you are not JUST DODGING enough

JibletHunter
06-17-2017, 07:53 PM
well I think it should be fixed purely on the fact that it makes something unblockable/unparryable that's clearly not designed that way.
But just as an FYI zerker has a totally normal OOS punish that lands for 90 damage. no one seems to complain about that though.

B/C if you are knocked to the ground while out of stam by beserk, you deserve to be punished. This scenario only happens if you attack a beserk while out of stamina or miss a CGB wile out of stamina. Both of these are very avoidable. It is difficult to access this damage in practice and can be easily countered.

Here, all cent needs to do is get a light parry, regardless of your stamina level. This simply leaves you with never throw lights as a counterplay.

S0Mi_xD
06-17-2017, 07:54 PM

The difference is, it is an OOS punish :D
As long as i don't parry someone into OOS and GB, or deflect into OOS (what is nearly impossible), it is really hard to land.
If you are OOS against a Berserker Just block and be ready to CGB - Berserker is not treat if you are OOS.

As an berserker main i can say, I RARLY get the chance to use it.
Raider has a 90 dmg OOS punish aswell, but he has it much easier, because he can bait a parry with his unblockable, while the enemy is OOS.

But Centurion can do this nearly any time after hit or blocked, and it is even safe if he lands a charged heavy and pierces you.

JibletHunter
06-17-2017, 07:55 PM

Hes just having fun with a meme. Its not that bad.

Knight_Raime
06-17-2017, 07:56 PM
B/C if you are knocked to the ground while out of stam by beserk, you deserve to be punished. This scenario only happens if you attack a beserk while out of stamina or miss a CGB wile out of stamina. Both of these are very avoidable. It is difficult to access this damage in practice and can be easily countered.

Here, all cent needs to do is get a light parry, regardless of your stamina level. This simply leaves you with never throw lights as a counterplay.

I thought this was also technically an OOS punish?

Knight_Raime
06-17-2017, 07:57 PM
The difference is, it is an OOS punish :D
As long as i don't parry someone into OOS and GB, or deflect into OOS (what is nearly impossible), it is really hard to land.
If you are OOS against a Berserker Just block and be ready to CGB - Berserker is not treat if you are OOS.

As an berserker main i can say, I RARLY get the chance to use it.
Raider has a 90 dmg OOS punish aswell, but he has it much easier, because he can bait a parry with his unblockable, while the enemy is OOS.

But Centurion can do this nearly any time after hit or blocked, and it is even safe if he lands a charged heavy and pierces you.

Ohh I completely forgot about the raiders.
The video I watched of this new tech showed the bot falling to the ground after the throw so I thought it was an OOS punish. if it's possible to do this without them being OOS that's even more reason to change it. for me I just hate tech that makes things unblockable/unparryable.

Halvtand
06-17-2017, 07:58 PM
Way to selectively quote, BTW :p

I tested this versus AI in practice mode. . . also I included this in my post, "I am not advocating for it's use. It is clearly broken. However, there is a large potion of the player base that will use it anyway. Please be respectful to your co-players and do not exploit this unintended component of his kit."

This is not fixed and still possible, as i just tested it yesterday.

Too selective? i highlighted the parts of your statement that are factually wrong and commented that they are factually wrong. I'd say that the selectiveness of my quote was very appropriate.
Furthermore, You're on a forum that anyone can visit and read, and you describe in detail how to perform a broken move. "Oh no, don't anyone go and perform this move that I've just taught you, that would be bad" The fact that you take time off of actually playing to see if an exploit works or not is not in your favour, my friend. Just like when someone finds a new cheat engine and posts about it on the open forum, it is to get the word out. Anyone with half a mind would go directly to the devs or at least the forum mods instead, and keep it quiet so hopefully no one else finds out about it.

To end, the bug is resolved, if you're referring to the video posted in this thread as proof, it shows a bait-and-switch, it's nothing like what you've described to be the problem. The fact that there is an unlock in it does not make the next attack unparryable.

Also, it is commonly known that there are inconsistencies in this game. Just because something works or doesn't work on AI have little to no correlation with what works or doesn't against a player. The AI are programmed to behave in a certain way, humans are not.
However, in order to investigate the depths of this issue. If this really works and it is 100% true, as you claim it is, how have you ruled out the hypothesis that the AI is in some way simply programmed not to parry under those exact circumstances?

S0Mi_xD
06-17-2017, 07:58 PM
Calm is boring, besides mine was a suggestion that works 100% with every game's issues.

If you disagree, that means you are not JUST DODGING enough

Yeah, i am not JUST dodging, i also attack, GB, Parry, feint, lock / unlock, breath, eat something, go to bed... and so on :D

I don't think that JUST dodging is a good suggestion, because it doesn't gives you a win.

I like it is abit peacefull ...

S0Mi_xD
06-17-2017, 08:01 PM
Hes just having fun with a meme. Its not that bad.

It's not about the meme :D - it's about him in general.
Pretty much 99% postings (i saw of him) where quite useless.

Don't wanna be offensive against him, but i was quite shocked to see him after such a long time of peace xD

JibletHunter
06-17-2017, 09:08 PM
Too selective? i highlighted the parts of your statement that are factually wrong and commented that they are factually wrong. I'd say that the selectiveness of my quote was very appropriate.
Furthermore, You're on a forum that anyone can visit and read, and you describe in detail how to perform a broken move. "Oh no, don't anyone go and perform this move that I've just taught you, that would be bad" The fact that you take time off of actually playing to see if an exploit works or not is not in your favour, my friend. Just like when someone finds a new cheat engine and posts about it on the open forum, it is to get the word out. Anyone with half a mind would go directly to the devs or at least the forum mods instead, and keep it quiet so hopefully no one else finds out about it.

To end, the bug is resolved, if you're referring to the video posted in this thread as proof, it shows a bait-and-switch, it's nothing like what you've described to be the problem. The fact that there is an unlock in it does not make the next attack unparryable.

Also, it is commonly known that there are inconsistencies in this game. Just because something works or doesn't work on AI have little to no correlation with what works or doesn't against a player. The AI are programmed to behave in a certain way, humans are not.
However, in order to investigate the depths of this issue. If this really works and it is 100% true, as you claim it is, how have you ruled out the hypothesis that the AI is in some way simply programmed not to parry under those exact circumstances?

I appreciate your concern , I really do. However, my statement was correct and the zone bug is still possible (See this thread posted one day ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/6hmty6/centurion_can_confirm_the_first_two_hits_of_his/ ). I am not the first poster to comment and on either this forum or on the competitive Reddit. Here is the FH forum thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1689526-Another-reason-to-nerf-centurion

The video of the bait and switch was posted by another user and has nothing to do with my post. However, there are 4 gifs you can refer to to see that this bug still very much exists. You are also welcome to post a video showing how to parry the unlocked zone if possible (as I am sure the community would appreciate it). However, until you submit any evidence, that this exploit is not available, your post is essentially moot.

As for my personal use of the exploit, as i said it is in training v. AI because it is less chaotic and easier to asses damage values. You can choose to believe this or not, that is up to you. However, the Reddit community has thoroughly tested this in private matches, confirming it, and I have faced cents who use it in live matches ( in which i have yet to parry it sucessfully).

Lastly, I have messaged the Devs for a fix. A large portion of the community already knows about the bug due to multiple posts. Some people will always exploit. However, by arming the community with knowledge, they can prevent taking an extra 25 damage by attempting to parry the final swing of the zone.

In short:
1) it still exists and you have yet to provide evidence to the contrary besides speculation.
2) This is not the first thread about it on multiple sites, not will it be the last. I am not revealing any big secret here.
3) I tested this bug in AI, but have seen it used live to great effect. You seem convinced this is not the case for whatever reason. If so, then i strongly suggest anyone who sees me use it in-game report me for abuse/cheating. . . I'm not too concerned.
4) Burying your head in the sand is not how you bring attention to and combat exploits. People need to know how to respond and recognize an exploit so they can report accordingly.

I look forward to your response!

SirCorrino
06-17-2017, 09:18 PM
Centurion is completely and utterly broken. They should never have released him in the current state, and the proper time to adjust him was last month, not in a few weeks. He needs to be hit with a massive nerf to balance 4v4 modes and then incremental buffs to bring him back to usefulness in 1v1 (if necessary). You CANNOT delay the nerfs any longer by being concerned about 1v1. Nerf him in 4v4 and deal with the fallout in 1v1 and fix that later. 1v1 viability for 1 character is not more important than the health of the main game modes of the game as a whole. Get off your asses and fix this.

Shakti.
06-17-2017, 09:27 PM
Centurion is okay come on
He has the stamina drain of a lawbringer
The ligth fast as the peacekeeper
The guard as a vanguard instead of an assassin
He can kick you like the Warlord can
He can stun and drain stamina witha punch(raidertopjump plus Lawbringer shove)
He can fast gb you after a ligth on hit
He can cancel his heavues into GB
He has modular heavies against parries
He has the most damaging combo of all classes.
He can use revenge to put you in the ground and then jump.
He has the trip like the valkarye but can pin you to make the move garanteed.
Walls are like other players against you.
He has an interruptable jump attack
Fastest heavies of all classes but same damage.
His talents are the best of all classes
His attacks consume no stamina
His charged heavies has more range then nobushi and kensei.
Centurion ZA has longer range then the actual animation length

It is fine guys, just awesome. When you face a cent you kinda play vs 5 or 6 classes combined. Totally fair. Deal with it. Is not youre class that iis trash compared to the cent is obviously you that need to git gud (by switching to cent)

Shakti.
06-17-2017, 09:48 PM
Most of all we find figthing against it very interesting and fun. Not frustrating at all. Please don't nerf him Devs, I swear I'll cry if you do.

S0Mi_xD
06-17-2017, 10:12 PM

It is fine guys, just awesome. When you face a cent you kinda play vs 5 or 6 classes combined. Totally fair. Deal with it. Is not youre class that iis trash compared to the cent is obviously you that need to git gud (by switching to cent)

I don't know if this is ironie or not o.o

Shakti.
06-17-2017, 10:31 PM
**** I forgot
Centurion ZA has actually more range then it's sword. Devs give it Za that can clear waves but they realize his sword was too sgort. No problem says one Devs will just make the hitting box of the move longer. I can count the douzen of time I ve died killed by thin air.
Still fair thou. Poor Cent. He needed a little ***** enlargement woudn't you agree? He wasn't beefed enough,.

JibletHunter
06-17-2017, 10:51 PM
**** I forgot
Centurion ZA has actually more range then it's sword. Devs give it Za that can clear waves but they realize his sword was too sgort. No problem says one Devs will just make the hitting box of the move longer. I can count the douzen of time I ve died killed by thin air.
Still fair thou. Poor Cent. He needed a little ***** enlargement woudn't you agree? He wasn't beefed enough,.

Don't get me wrong, I love to hate on cent. However, as this is a post for the community's awareness for bugs relating to his kit try to cut down on the hyperbole and state the bug.

That being said, I have seen a post on reddit about the ZA range, so i will try to find/link it.

Still waiting on HAvtand's response . . . you know, since this bug does not exist and I'm a dirty, dirty exploiter executing a non-existent bug against those darn bots.

UbiNoty
06-17-2017, 10:55 PM
We've brought it up with the team and should get a response on it soon.

JibletHunter
06-17-2017, 10:57 PM
We've brought it up with the team and should get a response on it soon.

Thanks UbiNoty!

Shakti.
06-17-2017, 10:57 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love to hate on cent. However, as this is a post for the community's awareness for bugs relating to his kit try to cut down on the hyperbole and state the bug.

That being said, I have seen a post on reddit about the ZA range, so i will try to find/link it.

Still waiting on HAvtand's response . . . you know, since this bug does not exist and I'm a dirty, dirty exploiter executing a non-existent bug against those darn bots.

That would be helpful.

JibletHunter
06-18-2017, 12:06 AM
Still waiting halvtand. Dazzle me!

kweassa1
06-18-2017, 01:52 AM

^ ^ This. Smartest and most logical post in the thread, and I agree.

Doesn't matter if it's "harmless" or "serious" -- glitching is no "tech". It's an abuse and it needs to be fixed. This is not a balance complaint and balance whiners have no place in this thread anyway. This in on a different level from balance issues -- glitching, bug abuse on principle needs to fixed ASAP because not only is it detrimental to the game, but it also fuels pre-existing biases and stupidity and leads to even more hate-posts.

While I do understand development has priorities, customers usually tend to feel the effects of combat-related glitches very sensitively and seriously. Many of the people whining in this thread are idiots, but where their anger comes from, sometimes, does have justifiable grounds. Their views on balance is PHAIL, but their anger abou bug/glitch abuse is genuine, and rightfully so.

JibletHunter
06-18-2017, 02:12 AM
^ ^ This. Smartest and most logical post in the thread, and I agree.

Doesn't matter if it's "harmless" or "serious" -- glitching is no "tech". It's an abuse and it needs to be fixed. This is not a balance complaint and balance whiners have no place in this thread anyway. This in on a different level from balance issues -- glitching, bug abuse on principle needs to fixed ASAP because not only is it detrimental to the game, but it also fuels pre-existing biases and stupidity and leads to even more hate-posts.

While I do understand development has priorities, customers usually tend to feel the effects of combat-related glitches very sensitively and seriously. Many of the people whining in this thread are idiots, but where their anger comes from, sometimes, does have justifiable grounds. Their views on balance is PHAIL, but their anger abou bug/glitch abuse is genuine, and rightfully so.

First of all, i use "tech" simply as shorthand. I don't mean to imply it is a legitimate move. I even put a disclaimer in my OP urging people to not use it. I also do I think the amount of damage it does is what makes it "serious." I simply included calculations to attempt to get some UbiNoty attention and have a conversation about with the community about it instead of having "show facts/sources/clips!!!" shoved in my face.

Ubinoty Has responded, so hopefully a fix will be coming. I would also like to see all unlock exploits removed regardless of the character that can execute it! That would be a nice improvement we could all get behind!

That being said, I would prefer if you dont come into threads calling people idiots when it really seems to be your opinion and adds nothing to the conversion. Given your age, I hope you will be more constructive and mature in the future. People have different skill levels. Not everyone has the time to play the game for 8 days and 11 hours total, so i would maybe cut back on the elitism.

MasterChiefPON
06-18-2017, 02:18 AM
I think if the devs made that Centurion doesn't get a charged heavy from a light it would fix all that of too much guaranteed damage unbalance.

SirCorrino
06-18-2017, 02:22 AM
I think if the devs made that Centurion doesn't get a charged heavy from a light it would fix all that of too much guaranteed damage unbalance.

Quick band-aid fixes to Dominion:

- Remove jab follow-up from blocked attacks.
- Remove jab knockdown except against OOS targets
- Remove pin effect from charged heavy against targets in Revenge
- The recovery frames from Eagle's Talon can no longer be interrupted by taking damage, it will continue through any hits except knockdowns/backs. Alternatively, if the Cent is knocked out of his recovery his target immediately stands up with a 1s all-guard + immunity for CC.
- Reduce the stamina drain of all his attacks by 50%.

Make these changes immediately and he stops being a problem in 4v4. If he becomes too weak give him small, incremental buffs. But his 1v1 viability is not worth ruining 4v4 for everyone else.

matt89connor
06-18-2017, 09:05 AM

30+10+25+35= 100

My centurion has about 130GS with about +10% attack. In revenge I have +30% attack (these no longer stack). That means I am doing roughly 110 to 130 damage with this combo with no counter-play and no risk (unless the counterplay is never throw lights).

Additionally, this is superior to eagle's talon because it clears any people attempting to help their teammate with no risk of being parried (and a potential 85 damage 25-35-25 to those who attempt to parry instead of block).

And just for ****s and giggles, the damage if the parried player fails to block the last zone immediately upon standing (rare but happens about 10% of the time):
Without GS: 115
With 10% attack GS: 126.5
Revenge mode with 30% attack (it can go much higher): 149.5 with an unparryable zone coverage for teammates @110.5 damage.

I am not advocating for it's use. It is clearly broken. However, there is a large potion of the player base that will use it anyway. Please be respectful to your co-players and do not exploit this unintended component of his kit. That being said, something needs to be done about this immediately (with respect to the amount of guaranteed damage, the unparryable characteristic on the zone, and the extra 10 damage on the second zone swing.

For a point of reference, Cent can parry an 600 ms raider light attack that deals 15 damage for 90 damage. Raider will be able to parry a 500-600 ms heavy attack that deals 25 damage for 15 damage. I used to play Cent, but recognize that this is not healthy for the state of 4's in any way.

wait wait!!!..can U explain to me this new tech? with more simple words XD pls

SnugglesIV
06-19-2017, 05:24 AM

1) All of Centurion's stamina drain is dodgeable and reactable.
2) The first light, yes. The second light, no. Also his lights give him no real mixup potential and do no damage. There's a reason why some people want to give him a light-heavy chain.
3) Reflex guard and normal guard doesn't mean ****. I'm not sure how this makes him OP at all.
4) LUL. Warlord head butt is faster, harder to dodge, and has better tracking. I'm pretty sure you are either trolling or you haven't bothered to learn Centurion.
5) See point 1. Punch is dodgeable and reactable. No need to complain about it. Also, all stuns drain stamina. That's kinda how they work.
6) Fast throw is easily counterable. I never have problem CGB'ing fast throw. I can easily have my finger resting on the GB button to always react to it.
7) True, but it's not a 50/50 by any means. Again, it's easily reactable so unless you are trying to dodge all of his heavies (which you shouldn't be dodging attacks all the time anyway), you shouldn't be tripped up by it often.
8) Modular heavies? What do you mean? If you mean his ability to charge heavies, Shugoki could do the same thing too. It's not a revolutionary concept. Just practice and look for the indicators.
9) If you get it off, sure. But to paraphrase the animated movie Hercules, "Oh god, he's going to do so much damage if he hits us. You mean IF, he hits us. If. If is good."
10) See point 1. Kicks and punches are dodgeable and reactable. L2dodge.
11) Just parry fully charged attacks? They can't feint a fully charged heavy. They are 100% committed to it.
12) Centurion isn't the only one with wall punishes. Sure, his is probably the strongest BUT you can always work on your positioning and stay away from walls.
13) Oh yes. The jump attack which sometimes does a 360 and hits a wall. The jump attack which gives a cool 3 second recovery frame where your team mates can GB him for free. The jump attack where if he mistimes it, you can block and get a free GB off on him. Yes, I'm quite familiar with that move. It's honestly quite bad in anything other than duels.
14) I don't think his heavies deal the most damage. Kensei, Raider and Zerker do have harder hitting heavies. Also, heavy damage isn't uniform so he technically doesn't have the same damage as all other characters.
15) That's literally the first thing you said that is true.
16) I'm pretty sure you're hard core exaggerating here. Are you playing 4s? If so, I know that a few Cents go stam cost reduction because of how aggressive his kit is.
17) The extra range he gets from a fully charged, fully committed heavy doesn't matter. If you parry it, it's a free GB. Period. If he whiffs the unblockable heavy, it's a free GB.
18) You mean parry bait? Honestly, the only times I use Cent ZA is when I'm clearing minions, finishing off a 1 bar enemy after a kick or 1v3 desperation mode. It's honestly a meh move at best.

I think you're the one that needs to git gud (and not by switching to Cent).

nufrancis
06-19-2017, 07:43 AM

But thx God this guy range is short and low HP, if not he is a GOD in FH... LOL. Still I can fought Cent evently in 1vs1 with my Kensei but then I agree he is a cancer in 4vs4. I believe a part of this are intented by the devs. The devs must already developed this hero since before the release of FH (including other 4 unreleased hero). FH gameplay mechanics are unique, a pioneer I could say. The devs already anticipated some of this complaints by the players. My Hypothesis are FH 1 is only a prototype of something bigger. We can expect a lot in FH 2 or upcoming projects of UBI. (I Sound like the admin... didnt I -____-)

Felis_Menari
06-19-2017, 08:16 AM
Good thing I've been sticking with AI matches (crappy internet for the time being, don't want to subject PvPers to my sometimes intermittent connection and strict NAT).

Draghmar
06-19-2017, 09:11 AM
I wonder what will Ubi do about the fact that they did include statement about using bugs to get advantage in fights...Because if they do nothing it would be quite clear message that this statement doesn't mean anything...

XxHunterHxX
06-19-2017, 09:42 AM
just dodge

Roman be like Icredibileee

Dude_of_Valor
06-19-2017, 10:03 AM
1) All of Centurion's stamina drain is dodgeable and reactable.
2) The first light, yes. The second light, no. Also his lights give him no real mixup potential and do no damage. There's a reason why some people want to give him a light-heavy chain.
3) Reflex guard and normal guard doesn't mean ****. I'm not sure how this makes him OP at all.
4) LUL. Warlord head butt is faster, harder to dodge, and has better tracking. I'm pretty sure you are either trolling or you haven't bothered to learn Centurion.
5) See point 1. Punch is dodgeable and reactable. No need to complain about it. Also, all stuns drain stamina. That's kinda how they work.
6) Fast throw is easily counterable. I never have problem CGB'ing fast throw. I can easily have my finger resting on the GB button to always react to it.
7) True, but it's not a 50/50 by any means. Again, it's easily reactable so unless you are trying to dodge all of his heavies (which you shouldn't be dodging attacks all the time anyway), you shouldn't be tripped up by it often.
8) Modular heavies? What do you mean? If you mean his ability to charge heavies, Shugoki could do the same thing too. It's not a revolutionary concept. Just practice and look for the indicators.
9) If you get it off, sure. But to paraphrase the animated movie Hercules, "Oh god, he's going to do so much damage if he hits us. You mean IF, he hits us. If. If is good."
10) See point 1. Kicks and punches are dodgeable and reactable. L2dodge.
11) Just parry fully charged attacks? They can't feint a fully charged heavy. They are 100% committed to it.
12) Centurion isn't the only one with wall punishes. Sure, his is probably the strongest BUT you can always work on your positioning and stay away from walls.
13) Oh yes. The jump attack which sometimes does a 360 and hits a wall. The jump attack which gives a cool 3 second recovery frame where your team mates can GB him for free. The jump attack where if he mistimes it, you can block and get a free GB off on him. Yes, I'm quite familiar with that move. It's honestly quite bad in anything other than duels.
14) I don't think his heavies deal the most damage. Kensei, Raider and Zerker do have harder hitting heavies. Also, heavy damage isn't uniform so he technically doesn't have the same damage as all other characters.
15) That's literally the first thing you said that is true.
16) I'm pretty sure you're hard core exaggerating here. Are you playing 4s? If so, I know that a few Cents go stam cost reduction because of how aggressive his kit is.
17) The extra range he gets from a fully charged, fully committed heavy doesn't matter. If you parry it, it's a free GB. Period. If he whiffs the unblockable heavy, it's a free GB.
18) You mean parry bait? Honestly, the only times I use Cent ZA is when I'm clearing minions, finishing off a 1 bar enemy after a kick or 1v3 desperation mode. It's honestly a meh move at best.

I think you're the one that needs to git gud (and not by switching to Cent).

I agree that a lot of people could get better at the game (me for one) however there are a lot of complaints about Centurion. Yes some people can reliably counter GB 90% of the time, or have parrying all attacks down to a fine art, or can dodge every attack. The point is not everyone is this good, and not everyone will ever be this good. So what happens is people get shat on by such a class to the point they refuse to play.

This is not good for the game.

Of course people need to improve, but there is overwhelming evidence on why he needs a nerf. For many he is simply unfun to play against.

So whether it be a minor nerf, or he is run into the ground I am not sure because his abilities in 4v4 and 1v1 differ so much but change surely needs to happen.