PDA

View Full Version : Jittery frames since OPERATION Health?!

Cus.
06-17-2017, 02:51 PM
Hi,

Since the update I have been suffering with constant jittery framerates.

Pre "OP Health" the game ran smooth as butter (nvidia 1070 + 144hz G-Sync monitor) but since patch I get CONSTANT frame jitters, especially when strafeing.

I have tried setting everything low, completely wiped and reinstalled graphics drivers yet its has this constant stutter (even though showing 100+fps, 20-40 ping) which makes it nigh on impossible to play and very uncomfortable (motion sickness type feeling).

One thing I have noticed is that where I used to be able to choose the refresh rate (90hz, 100hz, 120hz, 144hz) ...they are now showing as 99.8hz, 119.8hz etc apart from 144hz which shows correctly?....not sure if this is what is causing the issue?

As I say, before patch...was incredibly smooth, now virtually unplayable.....any ideas would be very much appreciated .

ohJustinn
06-18-2017, 05:37 AM
Same **** with me man i can't play, i get a good 200 -180 fps and its irritating im a fast aimer similar to serenity i move a lot and it jitters alot especially ****ing moving a lot. then mid game after a while it starts to drops to 60-50 and jitter like ****ing crazy

UbiThunderbolt
06-18-2017, 06:20 AM
Hi ohJustinn!

If you haven't already, please try these troubleshooting steps (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000025513/General-PC-Troubleshooting).

If those don't solve the issue, please submit a ticket to our team at support.ubi.com by clicking on "Contact Customer Support" at the bottom of the page. Our technical support team will be happy to help you out from there.

Thanks!

Cus.
06-18-2017, 08:22 AM
Okay, I found the culprit...atleast for me!

Turns out "Logitech Gaming Software" was updated around the same time as the patch landed.
There was an app included in it which was running and causing 40-50% CPU useage.

If you open Task manager and click the top of the CPU coloumn so it puts higest use 1st, then you may see it...I cant remember the EXACT name as its gone now but it was "Logitech ARX Discord"
...a Discord app for Logitech ARX.

I right clicked and chose "End Task" and INSTANTLY the CPU useage dropped from 40% to 2%!!

I then went into C:/Program Files/Logitech Gaming Software/ARX applets and the discord app was in there.
As I dont and NEVER HAVE use ARX at all, I deleted ALL the apps in there, rebooted...everything fine again :)
(if you cant delete it...make sure you rightclicked it and "End Task" in Task Manager to stop it running)

Think it was just pure bad luck that Logitech software updated pretty much the same time as Siege patch landed so making it look like Siege patch was the issue.

...Off to play buttery smooth siege again!....Whooop! :D