PDA

View Full Version : How do you want to be Beyond Good and Evil 2? (POLL)

FlorianRex
06-17-2017, 06:17 AM
Hello, I do this POLL because I am interesed of the opinion of all the B:G&E2 Forum.

The poll duration is 3 weeks, and after this I will put the results in this same thread.

You can choose the options that like you.

This isn't an official poll of Ubisoft.

Please, for a good POLL, I need the cooperation of all, It will be interesting!!

Regards, Florian.

Kingy77
06-17-2017, 08:06 AM
Salut Florian !

I think there is a problem with the subject of your poll... "How do you want to be Beyond Good and Evil 2?" does not really mean anything.
Maybe you wanted to ask "How do you want Beyond Good and Evil 2 to be?", but given the answers you propose, I'm not exactly sure it would be the right question.

I think a relevant question, regarding your answers, would be something like "What would be the most important features for you in BGE2?" or "What kind of stuff are you expecting to evolve the most between BGE and BGE2 ?".

Hope I can help!

FlorianRex
06-17-2017, 09:54 AM
Salut Florian !

I think there is a problem with the subject of your poll... "How do you want to be Beyond Good and Evil 2?" does not really mean anything.
Maybe you wanted to ask "How do you want Beyond Good and Evil 2 to be?", but given the answers you propose, I'm not exactly sure it would be the right question.

I think a relevant question, regarding your answers, would be something like "What would be the most important features for you in BGE2?" or "What kind of stuff are you expecting to evolve the most between BGE and BGE2 ?".

Hope I can help!

Hello Kingy77:

Thanks for your help, I am not very good speaking English...

wassimokhtar
06-17-2017, 02:42 PM
As a player, I selfishly want all of them. Ha!

This poll reminds me of an interview that Michel Ancel had with Game Reactor.

What'll get you guys to watch the video is particularly how Ancel defined and described the "main pillars" (the core focuses) of the first Beyond Good & Evil title and how that will also act as the prime infrastructure for BGE2.

The core pillars include:

- Story
- Characters
- World Building
-Freedom

The interview also comes packed with interesting bits of reasoning and context to the direction of BGE2, which I believe might help assure concerned fans and newcomers.

Here's the interview:

https://www.gamereactor.eu/grtv/321443/Beyond+Good+Evil+2+-+Michel+Ancel+Interview/

FlorianRex
06-17-2017, 05:13 PM
Don't worry, I only collect information about the things that should has the game (from most important to least), so, you need to wait for view the results from the poll (it will be interesting :D)

Makeiks
06-17-2017, 05:28 PM
We will discover what will be the most important in like 5 year or so.

Zeldoran
06-17-2017, 08:39 PM
To me, the most important fact is the characters and story.
I want the game to really build up for Bg&e 1 and to learn more about this magnificent world.

Following this, comes the atmosphere with world and music combined. It dosent have to be massive, but the world that is must feel alive
and be fun to explore. You must be able to see places and go explore them. There must be a reward for doing so. (Like pearls, discs and animals of the first game).
Music must feel like its really part of the world and not become too repetitive / re-used over the game. Give it some variations! The first game had a wonderful soundtrack that i listen to up to this day <3

I also loved how the game kept quite a nice phase without becoming too stressful, too slow or shifting between the two too quickly. It felt like a world where you could take your time and really absorb the impressions, and chose when to take on a challenge! The option of stealth vs action filled combat was good. I remember that, as a kid, it was quite hard to stealth through the levels, but harder to fight. This made it fun and punishing for taking the difficult path of brute force, and rewarding a more realistic stealthy-approach or strategic targeting.

I know, that the combat thing is very outdated today. I beat it with ease, but at the time, this was really how i felt. Now, as an adult, i would like the game to bring that back, but on an adult level of difficulty. Judging by the language used in the trailer, i'm sure this is not meant for kids, so please, bring us a challenge!

Finally, there must be a camera ;D

IRISNetwork
06-17-2017, 08:40 PM
I like how so far 100% of people have picked at least story :)

FlorianRex
06-17-2017, 09:05 PM
To me, the most important fact is the characters and story.
I want the game to really build up for Bg&e 1 and to learn more about this magnificent world.

Following this, comes the atmosphere with world and music combined. It dosent have to be massive, but the world that is must feel alive
and be fun to explore. You must be able to see places and go explore them. There must be a reward for doing so. (Like pearls, discs and animals of the first game).
Music must feel like its really part of the world and not become too repetitive / re-used over the game. Give it some variations! The first game had a wonderful soundtrack that i listen to up to this day <3

I also loved how the game kept quite a nice phase without becoming too stressful, too slow or shifting between the two too quickly. It felt like a world where you could take your time and really absorb the impressions, and chose when to take on a challenge! The option of stealth vs action filled combat was good. I remember that, as a kid, it was quite hard to stealth through the levels, but harder to fight. This made it fun and punishing for taking the difficult path of brute force, and rewarding a more realistic stealthy-approach or strategic targeting.

I know, that the combat thing is very outdated today. I beat it with ease, but at the time, this was really how i felt. Now, as an adult, i would like the game to bring that back, but on an adult level of difficulty. Judging by the language used in the trailer, i'm sure this is not meant for kids, so please, bring us a challenge!

Finally, there must be a camera ;D

Yep, the camera combinations of Beyond Good and Evil 1 are very good, the characters will be implanted 99,9% secure xD, and... I have forget the gameplay factor (like controls, camera positions...).

And I am very happy, 21 persons participated in the poll in only 1 day, so I am very excited to see the number of people after reach the three weeks.

Good night, Florian.

SuperBiscotCOT
06-17-2017, 09:52 PM
I like how so far 100% of people have picked at least story :)

Yeah really happy to see these result :)
It shows clearly the different main features the community wants to see in BGE2.

Legion-495
06-17-2017, 09:58 PM
I don't see why not all xD

And about the mature part thing. It doesn't need to be like those extreme asian games xD, like for real anyone saw that crazy stuff?
There are way to exaggerated cases of Breasts in games... sex sells?

Believe it or not Breastphysics is a thing that can get very complex. A science for itself I guess.
However I doubt anyone needs genitals in the game like in WatchDogs xD

But hey, I won't stop the devs :D On the other hand I do not care if it's not a thing.
But it seems to be due to character creation, at least to some degree.

If it goes for me I'm fine with 2003 graphics.

computerfreakwe
06-18-2017, 02:11 AM
To me, optimization and story are the two most important things in any game. I love having engaging games that even people with low-tier gaming rigs can play.

DiDoFRGT10
06-18-2017, 05:49 AM
Why isn't gameplay mechanics here :D I voted story, because that's what made me love the first game, and I'm sure it's what will make me love the new one :)

SuperBiscotCOT
06-18-2017, 11:22 AM
Why isn't gameplay mechanics here :D

That's true ! I would have voted for gameplay options (jetpacks, ...) if I had the check box :eek:

totok986
06-18-2017, 11:56 AM
Don't be "afraid" about the music of this game. With Christophe HERAL at command it will be great ! Please dev's, make us a great story and environments, but again, with these different artworks, you already rocks !

Nichaa1
06-18-2017, 12:08 PM
Optimization for sure, I've suffered from too many badly optimized games that a well optimized game from launch would be like a dream come true. I just can't enjoy a game no matter how good it is storywise or mechanically if the framerate is all over the place and or not up to par with how good computer I own. It kills the immersion for me, and at the same time makes me feel let down by the developers. Too many times I've had to modify .ini files and wait for patches to make the experience bearable simply because the developers were lazy porting the game from console to PC (which shouldn't be the standard anyways..)

Legion-495
06-18-2017, 04:35 PM
Optimization for sure, I've suffered from too many badly optimized games that a well optimized game from launch would be like a dream come true. I just can't enjoy a game no matter how good it is storywise or mechanically if the framerate is all over the place and or not up to par with how good computer I own. It kills the immersion for me, and at the same time makes me feel let down by the developers. Too many times I've had to modify .ini files and wait for patches to make the experience bearable simply because the developers were lazy porting the game from console to PC (which shouldn't be the standard anyways..)

Well first it would be good to know the GraphicsAPI. I think they will use DX11 but I would be super happy if they go DX12 or the best with Vulkan to be the next title with Vulkan support. That would be sick news if they go Vulkan.
https://www.khronos.org/vulkan/

We only have Doom as example and it ran super awesome on all devices across the board.
I think that the use of Vulkan will bring the best options for BGE2.

SuperBiscotCOT
06-18-2017, 04:36 PM
I'm almost sure that, if they worked 3 full years on the technology, they tried to do it for DX12.
But for now, we don't know, It's too soon :)

Legion-495
06-18-2017, 05:13 PM
I'm almost sure that, if they worked 3 full years on the technology, they tried to do it for DX12.
But for now, we don't know, It's too soon :)

It's not too late to change the render engine ;D
DX12 to Vulkan at early stages seems to be a easy transition^^ Maybe we do a poll on which API to focus.
That would be cool. Anyway Ancel will work that out.

MonkeyJamboree
06-22-2017, 04:04 AM
I've posted my thoughts about the new game in another thread, so I won't go into detail... But yes, story is the most important thing for me. Preferably, the continuation of events in BG&E1, but since this is a "prequel" of sorts, I doubt that will happen for now. *sigh*

Kheops7
06-22-2017, 05:53 AM
Well first it would be good to know the GraphicsAPI. I think they will use DX11 but I would be super happy if they go DX12 or the best with Vulkan to be the next title with Vulkan support. That would be sick news if they go Vulkan.
https://www.khronos.org/vulkan/

We only have Doom as example and it ran super awesome on all devices across the board.
I think that the use of Vulkan will bring the best options for BGE2.

Well in the tech demo they will show us today Ancel playing on a Xbox One X dev kit and if I remember correctly Microsoft want more and more developer using DX12, it isn't mandatory so we can affirm anything yet but we're heading the right direction.

Storywise guys keep faith Ancel and his team didn't affirmed or denied that we will (not) see Jade/Pey'J. They've multiple time talk about character with link to the first game and personally I think the fact we will be playing our own character means we will evolve in the BGE universe meet legendary characters as they call them.

I'd really hope that when they talk about across generation it's about reference and easter eggs likewise that the timeline in BGE 2 start somewhere at the end of the 24th century and keep going closer to the story of the first (and why not after the events from BGE).

Legion-495
06-22-2017, 02:22 PM
Well in the tech demo they will show us today Ancel playing on a Xbox One X dev kit and if I remember correctly Microsoft want more and more developer using DX12, it isn't mandatory so we can affirm anything yet but we're heading the right direction.

I know that but a Xbox doesn't really run straight DX12. And a PS4 would never. So I just wondered and it would be cool to see Vulkan used.
Open Software FTW!
The issue being DX12 is Win10 tied Vulkan not. And if they make a DX11 version I can assure you that DX12 will not be capable to push near its limits.
However as long as it is low level API I'm sure performance will play out very nice. Not so sure about OpenGL or Dx11 on that scale.

CarlsonNsneaker
06-22-2017, 03:38 PM
I hope that this will not be a story completely different from that of the first chapter.
I would like you to explain several things:
- how did Pey'j know the Jade family
- what they did before the first chapter

I really hope that there will be the huge universes I've been talking about for more than 10 years now ;)
aybe with desert areas to explore to craft objects or weapons to resell, being pirates, but also to assault other starships.

FlorianRex
06-25-2017, 08:45 AM
Two weeks more :D / 77 persons in 1 week

If you have not participated yet, what to expect, what are you waiting for? Go and participate in the POLL!!

MentalNoob
06-26-2017, 09:55 PM
As much as i appreciate a good pol, this isnt one those.
You cant really start a poll asking people about things in the game that are not really finished or implemented yet.
Since the game is still in development a lot of things are subject to change. If you ask me this is a totally useless poll.
But don't get me wrong, i have nothing against polls about games in development stage, its just that this poll was not really thought out and doesnt ask the right questions that it should for a game like this.
I voted despite what i said above, will see what the results bring.

FlorianRex
06-27-2017, 09:18 AM
Man, the poll is for view the things who the people like for game I know the game is in development, but this poll is only a recopilation about things who people wants more, and it will be implemented in the game 99% secure (a game without music?...)

If I do this poll when the game is released already, it will be a useless poll, as you say.

gorkslasher
06-27-2017, 08:22 PM
To add to my reading of "environment". BGE1 really had a unique "feel" that I wouldn't quite reduce to environment. It had action and stealth yes, but it also had an unusual character mixing in emphasis on friendships, serenity, positivity and so fourth. Really in a way environment and story meshed together to make something quite unique. In fact the game mechanics in some parts wasn't that great, but given how fantastic those factors were it didn't matter.

Telemanus
06-27-2017, 10:57 PM
As a player, I selfishly want all of them. Ha!

This poll reminds me of an interview that Michel Ancel had with Game Reactor.

What'll get you guys to watch the video is particularly how Ancel defined and described the "main pillars" (the core focuses) of the first Beyond Good & Evil title and how that will also act as the prime infrastructure for BGE2.

The core pillars include:

- Story
- Characters
- World Building
-Freedom

The interview also comes packed with interesting bits of reasoning and context to the direction of BGE2, which I believe might help assure concerned fans and newcomers.

Here's the interview:

https://www.gamereactor.eu/grtv/321443/Beyond+Good+Evil+2+-+Michel+Ancel+Interview/

Thank you for sharing! I was getting worried that the story part was forgotten or would be shoved into the background. Now I've got less worries about it.

DayumSon21
06-29-2017, 02:47 PM
Detailful environment and unique (main- AND side-) mission mechanics!!!

For me, this is the most important part in an open world game...

MentalNoob
06-29-2017, 03:21 PM
i guess you dont understand what i wanted to say, so let me explain it in a simple mattter.
The poll is not useless, the anwsers you chose for the poll are, in which they make the poll useless.

treestandland
07-03-2017, 07:41 PM
I'd say everything you have listed here are important for a good game. Easter eggs are probably least important, the idea of there being a game that prioritized easter eggs above story or character is absurd.

Legion-495
07-03-2017, 08:35 PM
I'd say everything you have listed here are important for a good game. Easter eggs are probably least important, the idea of there being a game that prioritized easter eggs above story or character is absurd.

But since you have the option to vote them all I don't see a issue with it.
Gotta have it all xD

Prodigy_Jr3
04-26-2018, 12:02 AM
Since Ubisoft is gonna make you the captain of your own ship and give you a crew of your own they should definitely take inspiration from Bioware and what they've done with the Mass Effect franchise. By putting the decision making feature and a morality meter like the original Mass Effect games it would add more depth into the story of our characters and our crew. For example, if we decide to re-capture fugitive slaves and sell them back to their masters, some of our crew could either agree or disagree with us and possibly leave. Maybe even throw in the romance option, games like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Fallout, Skyrim, and even Knights of the old republic have these options. Hopefully the devs see this and think about it.

K1ngthepug
04-26-2018, 09:10 AM
Important to me is customization.

Ubisoft have shown a slight amount of character and vehicle customization but I would love to have near endless customization.