PDA

View Full Version : Stability Improvement

watsonclan335u
06-16-2017, 05:34 PM
I think the quit penalty has improved stability of matches. Last night was the first time I've ever played all night(4hrs) without one single D.C. (In every possible game mode excluding ai.). Seems like you're on the right track to me.

Stoli32
06-16-2017, 05:54 PM
I played around 4 hours too with no disconnects.... first time in ages.. hopefully it stays that way!

Netcode_err_404
06-16-2017, 06:45 PM
Theres literally 0 correlation.
ýThe quit per se, never was the DC cause, the crap network is, and this will remain crap.

Instead fixing their own connectivity, devs decided to punish players.

And since threads like your exist, I now understand why they did it.

FredEx919
06-16-2017, 06:49 PM
I think the quit penalty has improved stability of matches. Last night was the first time I've ever played all night(4hrs) without one single D.C. (In every possible game mode excluding ai.). Seems like you're on the right track to me.

Glad to hear that, though we're still dedicated to improving stability and it'll continue to be a main focus of the team. We'll keep working at it. Thanks for the feedback.

T_Sesh
06-16-2017, 08:17 PM
ýThe quit per se, never was the DC cause, the crap network is, and this will remain crap.

People have been asking for a quit penalty of some kind since release, and the one in place right now is what the devs consider version 1, with more changes to it to come. Stopping rage quitters has the added benefit of improving match stability, but you're foolish if you think its only purpose is as a band-aid against disconnects. The devs have stated many, many times that network stability is an on-going issue that they are constantly working and improving on.

ScottJund
06-16-2017, 08:20 PM

While I agree the ideal solution would be to just have flawless connectivity and never have any disconnects upon leaving, you are very silly if you think there is no correlation between people leaving the game and the game disconnecting.

That, or you're the guy leaving.

Netcode_err_404
06-16-2017, 08:20 PM
People have been asking for a quit penalty of some kind since release, and the one in place right now is what the devs consider version 1, with more changes to it to come. Stopping rage quitters has the added benefit of improving match stability, but you're foolish if you think its only purpose is as a band-aid against disconnects. The devs have stated many, many times that network stability is an on-going issue that they are constantly working and improving on.

Devs can say god exists and she is a women for all I care.

After 5 months, the whole network is unstable, and a lot of people cannot even finish a game. All documented with video proofs.

ScottJund
06-16-2017, 08:26 PM
Devs can say god exists and she is a women for all I care.

After 5 months, the whole network is unstable, and a lot of people cannot even finish a game. All documented with video proofs.

Okay but again, the "network" consists solely of you and anyone else in the game. As soon as someone leaves, that network is disrupted. Now that less people are leaving, less networks will be disrupted. Its pretty simple.

watsonclan335u
06-16-2017, 09:18 PM
Sorry, you must be right, after all you know exactly what sort of play experience that I have in my home, next time before I post to the list I'll be sure to ask you if I'm justified in doing so beforehand. ANY improvement should be welcomed in connectivity if you want someone to take you seriously at all. I'm sure the improvements with a little more data will be measurable and at that time I'd be interested to see a percentage based number in disconnected matches. But maybe you sir are an even better source for those answers?

Alchemist..
06-16-2017, 11:38 PM
anyway i think most of dc's are because of bad internet connections. since closed beta i never have this problem, but last weeks i notice that every time i start game with green nat i have at lest 2 dc's in my "gaming time" (about 3-4 hours), most of times i have yellow nat and while i have yellow dc's are extreamly rare.

So i just think thats because only green nat can be matched with red nat (worst connection users) thats why many peoples have dc's. its not like 1 or 2 times, i notice it during weeks that always when i start with green nat i have a lot more dc's than usually with yellow nat.

WABO423
06-16-2017, 11:44 PM
anyway i think most of dc's are because of bad internet connections. since closed beta i never have this problem, but last weeks i notice that every time i start game with green nat i have at lest 2 dc's in my "gaming time" (about 3-4 hours), most of times i have yellow nat and while i have yellow dc's are extreamly rare.

So i just think thats because only green nat can be matched with red nat (worst connection users) thats why many peoples have dc's. its not like 1 or 2 times, i notice it during weeks that always when i start with green nat i have a lot more dc's than usually with yellow nat.

I thought the green NAT was Good? But if that's how they pair best (green) to worst (red) than that explains a lot of the issues is guess. I'm no IT guy though. I'll try to make my NAT yellow to test this out

Nexo.C
06-16-2017, 11:48 PM
i usually have fewer problems with yellow NAT too. would be cool if we all go yellow for one day and it turns out that yellow is the actual green. Connection issue solved :)

WABO423
06-16-2017, 11:54 PM
Does anyone know if that's how MM works currently? Red can pair with only green, yellow with only yellow, green with all? If so going by my experience with other p2p games you were only paired with people with your NAT type.

WABO423
06-17-2017, 12:03 AM
Ok found some info on their P2P, it's unique and new... if they don't get servers why not go to a traditional P2P until they get their new p2p system fixed? Yes the host tends to have a slight advantage but on the same not there would substantially less DCs and if a player quits (exception to the host) there is not a issue with the lobby dropping out.

Nexo.C
06-17-2017, 12:19 AM
http://static2.ubi.com/pxm/ForHonor/NewsArticles/NAT/NAT_situation_B_v4.png

thats a picture how mm works

Alchemist..
06-17-2017, 12:36 AM
Does anyone know if that's how MM works currently? Red can pair with only green, yellow with only yellow, green with all? If so going by my experience with other p2p games you were only paired with people with your NAT type.

Green can be matched with everyone, yellow with green an yellow, red only with green

WABO423
06-17-2017, 01:36 AM
So in theory yellow is optimal for issues concerning involuntary disconnects because to strict NAT connections would be in the match. Still would have the issues of people quitting. Now how would I go about making my NAT yellow so I can test this out?

Alchemist..
06-17-2017, 02:09 AM
So in theory yellow is optimal for issues concerning involuntary disconnects because to strict NAT connections would be in the match. Still would have the issues of people quitting. Now how would I go about making my NAT yellow so I can test this out?
I dont really know man... i didn't do nothing with game, any ports forwarding, literary nothing so i cant help u

FrostedBeatle12
06-17-2017, 04:33 AM
Let me start by saying that I am happy that you are able to play this game. That being said though, let's get started.

Well, I've found the 1 group of people that are ..... happy? About the stability of their p2p servers. There are plenty of other people who would disagree with you, and there are plenty of people who only play bots because of the frustration from the DC's. Ragequit or straight DC, it doesn't really matter.

I've adjusted my ports, contacted ubisoft and they adjusted something on their end, and I've provided countless support tickets in regard to their horrendous connection issues ( when even the least bit stable ) and simply infuriating when your getting booted from every 2 matches. You know what I get in return? A email telling me to do all the things that I've already done ...... and then radio silence when I tell them for the 3rd time that I have done everything they have asked me to do and then some.

I've played internet games for 15 years now. I've seen the saltiest of communities. I've seen some pretty bad connections to servers. I've seen games create flavor of the month toons by way of nerfs/buffs to classes based simply off of people who can type the most and be heard because they won't be quite. But this game takes the cake by far. Not only is their connection complete garbage, their matchmaking and willingness to nerf/buff on a whim creates THE most salt I've ever seen in a game. And then their diehards say, YOUR JUST CRYING... WAIT TILL IT GETS BETTER. Well, when I've spent over $200 on this game, I kind of expect the game to work. I'm tired of hearing about new buyable content, I'm tired of weekly content consisting of some mist that took all of 30 seconds to think of.

I could see past ALL of those issues, if maybe ..... just maybe, I could play a stable version of the game. Hell, nerf/buff classes weekly on a routine to keep everyone happy ..... just let me play the game that I paid money for. Let me play the game that I've continued to support even after being told "just wait" and "we need data" since the release of the game.

And before people ask, I have some of the best internet in a major city and I turn off ALL other internet devices JUST to make sure that there's literally no possible way I could be causing the issue on my end. I've restarted my modem enough to have broken the button and restarted the game doesn't work, so I try and reboot the whole Xbox, but even that's starting to take a toll. I'm connected directly to my modem and I am within arms reach anyway.

So please continue to tell me how it's better for you, and how it's somehow my fault that their game can't stay connected. I'll continue to get emails that contain the same information, and this game will slowly boil down to just the base players playing against each other constantly.

Again, I am happy that you get to enjoy this game. To say that it's working tho, is like smelling different piles of dog excrement and deciding that you enjoy the smell of sample #5..... it's all dog poo

FrostedBeatle12
06-17-2017, 06:20 AM
Oh. And now, I haven't received my rewards in the last 3 matches that I've stayed connected too. So not only do they ramrod me on the stability, but when it actually works, now I don't get the rewards....why stay if your getting stomped? You obviously don't care about your K/D ratio but now you don't even get what you played for.....fantastic, keep adding those steel purchasable items when we either can't finish a match or even get the rewards when we do. This is almost too much.

watsonclan335u
06-17-2017, 05:47 PM
I dont recall saying I thought the game's connection issues were fixed, simply stated that on that night it was better for ME. Saying this game has connection issues is akin to saying the sky is blue, if you play this game you already know it. Having said that, I believe it to be important to let the team know when you see a tenfold sized improvement as it may help them forward some form of progress in the repair of this game. UPDATE* game was crashing a ton last night again, Dominion crashed at least 6 times last night as usual lol.

FrostedBeatle12
06-17-2017, 06:31 PM
Not to add salt, and I do apologize if I clumped you into the "everything's hunky doreey" catagory of people, but maybe you jumped the gun on praising them? I again refer to the dog excrement analogy ..... it's all poo