PDA

View Full Version : Question PC Assassin's Creed 4 Questions

PigGuardian123
06-16-2017, 03:03 PM
How hard is Assassin's Creed 4 compared to Assassin's Creed 3, and is it a pretty good challenge? Also, as opposed to being a pirate can you be a redcoat instead?

DSD27
06-16-2017, 05:56 PM
Biggest challenge in AC 3 was staying awake and playing it until the end,
AC IV is was my favorite AC game of the franchise and a lot of people's. Its a much better experinece in every way you won't be disappointed. If you're looking for a good chalenge the Legendary naval battles surely are.
I didn't understand the redcoat question.

Gooses_Maverick
06-17-2017, 08:31 AM
The hard part is getting it to not crash on launch

Dieinthedark
06-17-2017, 05:50 PM
AC4 was boring, you're not even an Assassin, just some pirate thug who wears the costume and gets sucked into the story. Yawn.

DSD27
06-17-2017, 07:39 PM
AC4 was boring, you're not even an Assassin, just some pirate thug who wears the costume and gets sucked into the story. Yawn.
And thats why it received so much love.. Its different from all the other repetitive rotine stuff, a breath of fresh air to the franchise. Without Black Flag, sales of the last AC games would have been way lower.
Edward Kenway was an Assassin. Nobody is born an Assassin, knowing how to be an Assassin, everybody has to start/learn at some point ;)

frodrigues55
06-17-2017, 11:03 PM
Well, you can see it's a controversial tittle, for one :o

It's a great game. The story is beautiful, the scenery is gorgeous and the gameplay is diverse and loaded with different type of activities. Fun ones, too. You have the tradicional AC missions and some new ones like underwater exploration. Overall it's highly regarded as one of the strongest titles in the series, a statement I agree with. You have your classic formula paired with the naval side of things.

I wouldn't say it's difficult, though. It's fun and immersive, so I would give it a try.

SixKeys
06-18-2017, 09:02 AM
The most challenging thing in AC4 are the Legendary Ships. It's nearly impossible to beat them if you haven't properly upgraded your ship. Even regular enemy ships can be tough if you enter dangerous waters while your ship is still underpowered. So if you want a challenge, avoid upgrading your ship and just sail around picking fights with bigger vessels.

With that said, melee combat was downgraded from AC3, so most of the game is not challenging. In fact AC4 has some of the easiest combat in the series. Otherwise it's a good game with lots of content. I recommend giving it a try.

Just like in AC2 you weren't an assassin either, just a rich kid who put on his daddy's costume and became a vigilante for a personal vendetta.

strigoi1958
06-18-2017, 02:11 PM
Nobody can answer how difficult a game is for you... they can only say if they found it a challenge... and that is not really useful..

For example... you can see lots of youtube videos of the tombs in AC2 and people are just running through them effortlessly ... like a hot knife through butter.... so if you asked "Are the tombs in AC2 challenging?" they might say, no, they're too easy.... but I took weeks to complete them, they drove me to the point of insanity where I almost smashed my monitor, pc and all peripherals to pieces... so I would say they are insanely difficult ... so who do you believe? because both are true... they are easy and they are difficult... it just depends on who is playing :)

You can see in this thread that people cannot even agree on which game is more entertaining than the other... everything is just personal perspective.

AC3 had lots of great things, especially the homestead missions, peg leg trinkets, collectables, crafting, trading, animal hunting and achievements.
AC4 has similar plus, sailing, naval battles, sea shanties and a underwater. How it compares in difficulty, I couldn't say, I enjoyed both immensely and completed both (probably not 100% because I rarely achieve that ;) )