PDA

View Full Version : Help with my pre-order purchase?

WendysBrioche
06-15-2017, 08:37 PM
Ummmm, so in a brash decision I fanboyed out and bought the Legendary Dawn Edition for Origins, unable to control myself.

When I did this I was unaware that the Ubistore uses the same login information when it is active on the Ubi Forums,

So I bought the game not knowing I was already logged in.

I use a separate Ubisoft account for my games that I made before I had an account on the Forums,

My question is, when the game is officially released, is there any way I can possibly transfer my AC Origins PC Download and Pre-Order content to my gaming account somehow?

I like to have all my games attached to the same account, thanks!

wvstolzing
06-15-2017, 08:42 PM
Ummmm, so in a brash decision I fanboyed out and bought the Legendary Dawn Edition for Origins, unable to control myself.

When I did this I was unaware that the Ubistore uses the same login information when it is active on the Ubi Forums,

So I bought the game not knowing I was already logged in.

I use a separate Ubisoft account for my games that I made before I had an account on the Forums,

My question is, when the game is officially released, is there any way I can possibly transfer my AC Origins PC Download and Pre-Order content to my gaming account somehow?

I like to have all my games attached to the same account, thanks!

You need to contact customer support -- it's possible; I've done something similar: I've contacted them to merge my two uplay accounts. They ask for proof that both accounts are yours (lists of activation codes for titles on both accounts should do it); then they go ahead and transfer all games in one account to whichever one you want to keep.

WendysBrioche
06-15-2017, 08:45 PM
You need to contact customer support -- it's possible; I've done something similar: I've contacted them to merge my two uplay accounts. They ask for proof that both accounts are yours (lists of activation codes for titles on both accounts should do it); then they go ahead and transfer all games in one account to whichever one you want to keep.

Ah, sweet, thanks my man!

One question though, does that mean they would have to cancel my Forums account? I'm rather found of it myself, you see. :D

wvstolzing
06-15-2017, 09:06 PM
Ah, sweet, thanks my man!

One question though, does that mean they would have to cancel my Forums account? I'm rather found of it myself, you see. :D

The account that I had emptied of games still exists (actually I wasn't sure that it did; but I just logged in to 'ubisoft club' using it), so probably not.

WendysBrioche
06-15-2017, 09:07 PM
Alright great, thanks again!

wvstolzing
06-15-2017, 09:12 PM
I've contacted them to merge my two uplay accounts.

To clarify, for anyone else who might stumble upon this -- I've spoken inaccurately here, saying that the accounts are 'merged'. It's just that the games (activation codes, rather) from one account are transferred to the other. None of the achievements, badges, uplay points, 'cloud saves', whatever, get carried over. As far as I know, customer service doesn't do that.

HoIcon
06-15-2017, 09:45 PM
Wait, i hadn't had a look at the editions yet but i did when i saw this thread, is the Legendary Dawn of the Creed edition actually 700?!!
HOLY ****ING **** i need to go lie down

strigoi1958
06-15-2017, 10:12 PM
@WendysBrioche... I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous, I'm not.... alright I'm jealous :D

The statue is fantastic.

HoIcon
06-16-2017, 01:05 AM
Kinda hate myself now, went ahead and pre-ordered the standard Dawn of the Creed edition, knocked it down to 100 at least with the 20% discount
I hate how ubisoft does things but i'll need something to play as there isn't much of interest coming out this year even though from what was shown of origins at E3 it looks like they haven't improved AC just re-done the bird/drone companion for the 3rd time, taken the bow jump-shot from Zelda Breath of the Wild, somehow made the stealth/combat mechanics even clunkier and the AI of the enemies and animals still seems stupid

It's like they said they'd spend an extra year to make the AC game the fans want but just took the year off anyway
I want to have real hope for this series as it used to interest me so much that it altered my way of thinking and how i viewed the world but this was back at AC1 & 2 and since then there's been plenty of disappointment, i hope at least the story is nothing short of amazing

WendysBrioche
06-16-2017, 03:24 AM
@WendysBrioche... I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous, I'm not.... alright I'm jealous :D

The statue is fantastic.

I got problems man. Like, real ones.

I'm a super impulse buyer at times in the past, it's bad. What little money I make I've occasionally wasted on the most childish things.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel at least a little bit ashamed.

BUT ITS EGYPT MAN

MOTHAFWGHYTEFDEWSIFKUSDGKF A

A E G Y P T U S

I got problems....

It's cause I already got an awesome Edward Kenway statue from my impulse buying days, and I couldn't settle for a Bayek that wasn't as good....

I got rules though.

Only settings I'll do this kind of thing for are:

A: AEGYPTUS

B: ancient samurai assassin game

These are my limits. I won't do it for any other middle eastern setting, despite how obssessed I am with that kind of thing, no greek no roman. Egypt has a special place in my little child of hearts.

But I know I can stick to this cause I didn't even get any special editions for syndicate, or collectibles or anythhing. I don't even have any of the Altair or Ezio collectibles (my favorite Assassins), so I think I can limit myself in this regard.

One can hope. I waste money on too much stuff I shouldn't though.

Gonna be screwed for a couple weeks though....

as it used to interest me so much that it altered my way of thinking and how i viewed the world but this was back at AC1 & 2

I feel you here, my man. First two games were them same kind of experience for me. Really resonated with me, and blew my mind, I percieve that this also, was a chasing of the wind....

But ya, I didn't even purchase syndicate until nearly a year after it was released. It wasn't that bad, but I wasn't particularly interested. Didn't like Jacob Frye that much. Evie was cool though. I like the older settings more myself. I loved Unity though, at least artistically. Characters were decent enough for me as well.