PDA

View Full Version : No microtransactions, please.

LyFTiD4LyFe
06-15-2017, 06:57 PM
Let's do our best to ensure they know we don't want microtransactions of any kind.

SuperBiscotCOT
06-15-2017, 06:59 PM
Micro-transactions don't bother me if they are purely cosmetic.
R6S's system is a great example :)

LyFTiD4LyFe
06-15-2017, 07:21 PM
Micro-transactions don't bother me if they are purely cosmetic.
R6S's system is a great example :)

Microtransactions are not acceptable.

If you pay for the game, you should get everything. Siege is a joke. Season Pass. Season Pass. Boosters. DLC. Microtransactions. More microtransactions.

I can't believe gamers today are so conditioned that they think microtransactions are cool.

SuperBiscotCOT
06-15-2017, 07:45 PM
Donk make me say what i haven't said. Microtransactions are not "cool" if you appreciate a game and want to add some cosmetic elements to your character you can do it. This support the post launch service of the game.
But if you don't want you don't have to pay for it !

If you pay for the game, you should get everything. Siege is a joke. Season Pass. Season Pass. Boosters. DLC. Microtransactions. More microtransactions.

Siege isn't a joke, it's a very good example.
You can have almost all the content of the game for free. You pay only if you have no time or you want to unlock as much things as possible. That's all :)

Tiananmen-1989
06-15-2017, 08:15 PM
Microtransaction should be avoided at all costs.

When the game is free to play or not really expensive, I can understand why the devs would want to have another source of income.

Here we are talking about a AAA game, which will probably be sold at full AAA price.

If microtransactions cannot be avoided, all gameplay should be included in the game and the microtransaction should only be cosmetics.
Story DLCs are borderline, and should provide real content and not just one or two ten minutes missions.

I remember than when BGE1 came out, DLC were not a thing. It surely was a better time for gaming...

DiDoFRGT10
06-15-2017, 08:20 PM
I agree with superbiscot, if the transactions are purely cosmetic, I don't mind them, as long as I can play the game without them, then fine, I don't even mind DLC, but again, as long as it doesn't be a part of the main story

LyFTiD4LyFe
06-15-2017, 08:21 PM
Siege isn't a joke, it's a very good example.

Nope.

You'd need to spend 10,000 hours to get all the cosmetic clothing in Siege without paying. That's after spending $79.99. There's a cheap version of the game, but it's ten times worse. Unlocking one character takes ages.

Microtransactions should not exist. End of story.

I'm sorry you've been hypnotized into thinking literal garbage is acceptable.

SuperBiscotCOT
06-15-2017, 08:21 PM
I remember than when BGE1 came out, DLC were not a thing. It surely was a better time for gaming...

I hate when people are saying "it was better before" :(
Because that's not true !
In 2003 you would have dreamed of today's game ! Haven't you waited for 14 years to see BGE2 announced ? Does really cosmetic (and I'm only talking about cosmetic) micro transactions influence your gameplay ?

Remember that at that time they wasn't any post launch support. This also explain why micro-transactions didn't exist.
At the same time, wouldn't had you paid 15€ for a BGE DLC in 2003 ?

LyFTiD4LyFe
06-15-2017, 08:25 PM
I hate when people are saying "it was better before" :(

We'd pay $39.99 for a legit expansion pack with ten times more content than any Season Pass. Nice try.

Microtransactions suck.

SuperBiscotCOT
06-15-2017, 08:31 PM
We'd pay $39.99 for a legit expansion pack with ten times more content than any Season Pass. Nice try.

Microtransactions suck.

I think you don't undersatnd my point :D
There is a difference between cosmetic micro-transactions and DLCs.

And in 2003 none of them existed.

LyFTiD4LyFe
06-15-2017, 08:34 PM
And in 2003 none of them existed.

Yeah. Let's go back to that.

SuperBiscotCOT
06-15-2017, 08:37 PM
Yeah. Let's go back to that.

So you wouldn't have DLC ;)

Between waiting 14 years and expanding your adventure in BGE, 2 months after the realease of the game, what do you prefer ?

LyFTiD4LyFe
06-15-2017, 09:07 PM
What do you prefer?

Season Pass garbage is fine, but screw microtransactions. I don't know why people are cool with that stuff. I respect your opinion, but I disagree.

I miss coming home with a new game, knowing I have everything. It's sad that we'll never get back to that.

Maybe I should give up my fight. Seems pointless when every second game is doing it. Pretty soon all games will have microtransactions.

Even singleplayer games have them these days.

I just want to express my distaste for them. My voice doesn't count for much, but hopefully some of the developers see this.

I kinda understand, seeing as games are getting more and more expensive to make. Just sucks as a consumer knowing you won't unlock everything without blowing hundreds.

anton1n
06-15-2017, 09:49 PM
I'm agree with LyFTid, I also miss the old times where you were paying a game for it's actual content, finnish it, and know that you mastered the game, but today if you don't add DLC or micro-transaction, especially with AAA game, you can be sure you'll never make profit because of the illegal download, the price of games that can fell of without a month (when i saw BF4 for 5€ like not even 1 year after the release :nonchalance:), time is really hard for game developper and that sad cause we (the gamer) pay the price.
But in a way, i think dlc or micro-transaction are a good way to appreciate a game you loved, cause you can still playing it, even after you finished it, it's just unfortunately that sometimes, they separate a game in a bunch of DLC, but if they release a finnished game, and after that, add DLC which are just BONUS for the game, (i think of Dying light : the following), then it's cool. I know we don't really know how developper planned their game, but i hope some are using DLC in a good way, even if they are some that just use it to make money in our back :/
But don't blame DLC, blame piracy, blame all the vector which had made DLC appear to save the videogame industry.

Just after writing this, i just saw that about dying light : https://gamergen.com/actualites/dying-light-et-est-reparti-an-contenu-et-ce-sera-gratuit-283583-1
It's in french but this is the best exemple of a good use of DLC ^^

Legion-495
06-16-2017, 09:24 AM
"blame piracy"
You do realize even back then there were cracks?
You do realize that the people who crack games will not buy the game even it's not crackable? They will wait it out like Denuvo showed it.
You do realize in some places cracks are very helpful like noCD cracks or gamecracks of a game you own but the CD is broken?
You do realize that DRMs like Denuvo showed it has a impact on gameperformance?
One big vector here is marketing department, which thinks protecting it will get those people to buy it. I think a small part of them will do, probably just enough to justify the use of DRM... but actually nobody can tell these days. Nobody is able to release a game twice...

How would DLC change anything of that? People who did not buy it in the first place have everything and the people that bought it are probably annoyed to see a big paywall. This goes for the majority and since this game is also heavily focused on singleplayer that is a big no on my side. Any DLC should at least bring real massive additions like we saw in the Witcher3.

Besides Witcher3 doesn't even have any DRM and has record sales 2017... And CDProjectRed said there are going to be 2 big DLC in the first place.

SuperBiscotCOT
06-16-2017, 10:53 AM
I don't see why only cosmetic additions are considred as a paywall if you can unlock them with time :confused:

Some games make abuses of microtransactions and that's not acceptable, but if it can helps the game in a good way to add content that players like, I prefer to have microtransactions that no one is forced to pay but some will ;)

Legion-495
06-16-2017, 11:14 AM
I don't see why only cosmetic additions are considred as a paywall if you can unlock them with time :confused:

Some games make abuses of microtransactions and that's not acceptable, but if it can helps the game in a good way to add content that players like, I prefer to have microtransactions that no one is forced to pay but some will ;)

We saw what can happen. One example. For Honor. The time needed is insane.
After all in the end it's just a paywall again... and no one was forced to pay it right?
Why would you like that "I prefer to have microtransactions that no one is forced to pay but some will" instead of just having it not? If the game is good there is no need at all.
Even if it's just cosmetics how is that any better than the F2P games out there that do the same? Why would I even buy the game then?

Is it so hard to support full content for one gameprice? We should make sure BGE2 doesn't use such things.

SuperBiscotCOT
06-16-2017, 11:26 AM
Why would you like that "I prefer to have microtransactions that no one is forced to pay but some will" instead of just having it not? If the game is good there is no need at all.

In modern gaming industry, due to big budgets :
no micro-transactions = less money = less post launch support and content

That's simple. For Honor is not a good example because it also modifies gameplay. I'm only taliking about cosmetics.
And you are not even forced to pay them it doesn't reduce your experience.

Kheops7
06-16-2017, 03:31 PM
From what we know so nobody can assume what will be the content of the game and if there might be additional content.

I can understand why some may be upset about the current policy in the industry about dlc & microtransactions, but you need to have in mind those are companies they need to make money especially with AAA games.

Like SuperBiscotCOT i will be okay if it's just cosmetic and you still can have those if you play.

Legion-495
06-16-2017, 03:52 PM
One forgets that these games usually already managed to get their cash in on the first days without those transactions.
Plain said it's greed and enough reason for me to hate even a good game.

Cool that you accept that(shows how far that got), but is it fine for us to agree we should avoid it for BGE?
Make it something to stand out? Quite sad that AAA-games without DLC/microtransactions are the exception.

I think BGE is not in the need of such things and should not be influenced by that.
We could talk about a SeasonPass later in development if the game release goes early for more support after launch.

Fran_0995
06-16-2017, 04:17 PM
Let's do our best to ensure they know we don't want microtransactions of any kind.

I think this is being very optimistic, the best we could hope is a witcher like dlcs, as expansions where we maybe could get more of the bg&e2 universe and not splitting the community and makes us feel that we are not being robbed, also as previously mencioned before, cosmetic dlc should bother, as long as they dont add any advantages to the game.

Legion-495
06-16-2017, 04:35 PM
I think this is being very optimistic, the best we could hope is a witcher like dlcs, as expansions where we maybe could get more of the bg&e2 universe and not splitting the community and makes us feel that we are not being robbed, also as previously mencioned before, cosmetic dlc should bother, as long as they dont add any advantages to the game.

I agree on the CdProjectRed style. But nothing else.
But I think we are way too early anyway to be even close to make decisions on such stuff.
Despite that we are just in the program I doubt too we will have a lot voice in that situation. I think Ancel will get the best out for all of us.

anton1n
06-16-2017, 06:56 PM
"blame piracy"
You do realize even back then there were cracks?
You do realize that the people who crack games will not buy the game even it's not crackable? They will wait it out like Denuvo showed it.
You do realize in some places cracks are very helpful like noCD cracks or gamecracks of a game you own but the CD is broken?
You do realize that DRMs like Denuvo showed it has a impact on gameperformance?

I maybe was a little unclear but I didn't said to only blame piracy, and piracy may existed before but it wasn't as significant than today. You can't tell it's not a major problem for the videogame industry now, especially for studio which release their games on PC.
I know Denuvo is **** but that's the only way they found to protect their game a little, and gain time.

Makeiks
06-16-2017, 07:13 PM
Of course they will try to profit during the development of the game in some way. Either to support the development of such a large game or to make as much money as possible before giving up on the idea. Ubisoft above all is a company.(Sorry but the game being announced at such an early stage of game development makes me a little pessimistic.)

Legion-495
06-16-2017, 08:53 PM
Of course they will try to profit during the development of the game in some way. Either to support the development of such a large game or to make as much money as possible before giving up on the idea. Ubisoft above all is a company.(Sorry but the game being announced at such an early stage of game development makes me a little pessimistic.)

I could imagine development runs faster now. I think they have some preperations done and have a working demo. I doubt it will take that long to have full working planet.
I think this announcement could be very well Ubisofts last straw to grip. They are on the verge of being bought out.
They have a real struggle and they make a lot new stuff lately.
This could very well be fanservice at that point and drive up a hypetrain for this game and for Ubisoft itself to save it.

FlorianRex
06-17-2017, 10:07 AM
We only need a full game without extra content like more "innecesary" story or more maps (like borderlands).

Legion-495
06-17-2017, 11:41 AM
We only need a full game without extra content like more "innecesary" story or more maps (like borderlands).

I actually doubt that additions later will work. The systems have their own enviroment and spinning planets. Add another planet could be quite a big struggle. We will see.
But for real does anyone think Ancel is in with such stuff?

There is that big fog of development^^ This is also a super late thing to care about. FIRST we need a working game then we should care about that.
Do we agree on that?

SuperBiscotCOT
06-17-2017, 12:46 PM
There is that big fog of development^^ This is also a super late thing to care about. FIRST we need a working game then we should care about that.
Do we agree on that?

I Agree on that. :)

PS: Micro-transactions are today part of rules of the modern gaming industry and it's business, like I explained :p
SW Battlefront 2 will finaly have free DLCs for all players ... but now micro-transactions will also be an important part of it ... but we will talk about this later, the less of them there is the better it is (except for cosmetics that add nothing to the gameplay but give you customization options) ;)

bloodysugar
11-21-2017, 02:56 PM
There are players that are victims of troubles making them very sensitive to compulsions. Compulsions are very short lasting behaviors that offer satisfaction and reinsurance for a brief period of time, so it is also a problem because it involves behavior's reproduction. These people are not responsible of that, they need it as it helps them to live with conditions that can't be heal like autistic disorders, or troubles that are very hard to fix like depressions, neurosis or obsessive–compulsive disorder and many other troubles.

This is not an epiphenomena, we are talking about dozens (if not hundreds) millions people around the world, and they can be very attracted by videogaming as it is a great way to feel reinsurance, compulsive satisfactions, and as many of them are very attracted by new technologies. Nerds and other "no life geeks" are often high functioning autists, or at least do show autistic traits. So there are many of them and videogaming concentrates them.

Any micro-transaction that can be reproduced (lootboxes, one use items, ingame money...) is a damn danger to them. It can broke them, witch is already enough of a reason for devs to avoid these deals, but it also shows that game production using these deals are ready to put fragile people in danger just for money. These practices are so morally sickening that it should deserve criminal sentences against their authors.

As soon as a microtransaction can aggress compulsive people it shouldn't exist. There should be a limit to extra buying a game can offer, and this limit should be very low as people the most suffering compulsive disorders are also very often handicapped to get a job.

So please,be responsible and caring. If there will be microtransations in BGE2 do not propose any that could be reproduced several times and make the total of all extra transactions accessible for little budgets.