PDA

View Full Version : The BG&E2 universe

t0ninus
06-15-2017, 05:24 PM
What we know about it :
- The team focusses rather on making the planet alive with a story and an economic / politic sustem rather thanmaking thousand of them.
- There will be industrial / mining cities, and trading cargos flying between them.
- Some cities or planets will be ruled by mafia or corrupted people.
- Some planets will have rough living conditions. Michel talked on an interview about a moon with frequent meteorites falling on one of its faces. I guess there will also be climatic events...

Now time for some questions :
- Will there be some randomly generated stuff on the game universe ? Procedural ? Or everything is polished by hand ?
- Will we be able to explore the deep space, or most of spatial moves will happen at the speed of light ?
- Will there be a lot of insides to visit ?

SuperBiscotCOT
06-15-2017, 06:17 PM
- Will there be some randomly generated stuff on the game universe ? Procedural ? Or everything is polished by hand ?

I think the answer is : yes and no.
They will generate randomly and procedurally planets and then only, they go polish them to create a society and a story around it.

t0ninus
06-15-2017, 06:36 PM
So there will be nothing random.
Just the main geography that will be generated proceduraly before some hand-made polish. Every player will have the same universe.

SuperBiscotCOT
06-15-2017, 06:49 PM
I think it's what they are going for.
And I think it's in the goood direction :)

Better than having multiple random planets ... but empty with nothing to do (like No Man Sky).

Legion-495
06-15-2017, 06:49 PM
What we know about it :
- The team focusses rather on making the planet alive with a story and an economic / politic sustem rather thanmaking thousand of them.
- There will be industrial / mining cities, and trading cargos flying between them.
- Some cities or planets will be ruled by mafia or corrupted people.
- Some planets will have rough living conditions. Michel talked on an interview about a moon with frequent meteorites falling on one of its faces. I guess there will also be climatic events...

Now time for some questions :
- Will we be able to explore the deep space, or most of spatial moves will happen at the speed of light ?
- Will there be a lot of insides to visit ?

"Will there be some randomly generated stuff on the game universe ? Procedural ? Or everything is polished by hand ?"
They use a generator and to my knowledge this is one of the bases for the living cities. But not like No Mans Sky(a terrible example) this things are double checked by hand and adjusted if needed. I wonder if the way they made it will cause every player to see a little bit different things than others.

"Will we be able to explore the deep space, or most of spatial moves will happen at the speed of light ?"
I doubt we will see real deep space as this game takes place in one system we call System3. And I'm certain we are locked to this. I think it's rather down to the planets than to the space regarding spatial movement. Speed of Light is probably just a option to really fast switch planet... like really fast.

"Will there be a lot of insides to visit ?"
Knowing they will not stepdown from BGE. Yes they super will. And that is also a reason Ancel mentioned that garden shown in the trailer at a interview. Why would you have big Cities if you can't walk into them? I think it will handle similar to BGE.In BGE there were very few places you could not visit at some point.
And I'm sure we will see improvement here.