PDA

View Full Version : Gameplays in BG&E2

t0ninus
06-15-2017, 05:03 PM
Let's make a recap from what we've got from the interviews :
- Investigating about corrupted corporations, hybrid origins... Taking pictures included.
- Mini-games to obtain informations, like poker but also more exotic stuff...
- Vehicle driving and racing : flying and underwater ones.
- Platforming with jetpack and grapple.

Then some personnal wishes :
- I really hope some tomb-raider like exploration sequences, in small town streets, or temples lost in the jungle, or mines...
- Ground vehicles and races : driving trough desert or jungle is IMO more interesting than just flying.

LyFTiD4LyFe
06-15-2017, 09:18 PM
There's gotta be some races. For sure.

Stealth sections, too.

Avoiding lasers as well. That elevator ride was so dope in the original. Loved that.

Venom_04
06-15-2017, 10:35 PM
We can move across the planet without loading.
We can use pictures to unlock dialogs with NPC (He can understand what we took in the picture or who is on the picture)

Legion-495
06-16-2017, 09:42 AM
There's gotta be some races. For sure.

Stealth sections, too.

Avoiding lasers as well. That elevator ride was so dope in the original. Loved that.

I really liked the stuff where you gotta escape. Be it that general dude or the big laserspider.
Since Ancel said a lot shown in the CGI is actually in the game that seems to be a thing again.

Super-Blink
06-16-2017, 05:04 PM
I really think that if there are stealth sections in BG&E 2, they won't be as important as the ones in the first game.

Legion-495
06-16-2017, 05:20 PM
I really think that if there are stealth sections in BG&E 2, they won't be as important as the ones in the first game.

I doubt that too.
But still we know nothing and I could imagine a new way of stealth for the game.
However if they manage pull stealth mechanics like in the first BGE I'm happy and it does not seem so far fetched to be a option.

SuperBiscotCOT
06-16-2017, 07:26 PM
IMO they may give us the options to go stealth or loud in some situations :)

Why don't give to players the opportunity to use the Open World at their advantage ?
I know that it won't possible in all missions and that some of them will be very linear in their approach. However in terms of freedom given to players this can become intresting ;)

Ray970
06-16-2017, 09:36 PM
I understand that you can show a picture of a monument,character,buildings,places to NPC or online players and they could recognise what is in the picture and give you more information or advice on it

DiDoFRGT10
06-16-2017, 11:42 PM
Ancel just confirmed on Instagram that all the pillars of the first game will be in the new one, including stealth :)

WiwarK9
06-17-2017, 12:14 AM
-Multiplayer: max ~ 15 players, can take pictures and give it to your friends
-Customizable character
-Destructible part of towns
-proceduraly generated environement in a limited scale (it's still controled)
-real time map events (asteroids, mining new elements who came to a planet)
-No loading screen
-Pictures who can be used to get information trough npc
-Races

I'm so hyped about this game i know i'm gonna be disapointed...

Ray970
06-17-2017, 12:50 AM
There will be an album in wich you can catalog animal species like bge1?

Makeiks
06-17-2017, 01:17 AM
"proceduraly generated environement in a limited scale (it's still controled)" This scary me a lot!

SuperBiscotCOT
06-17-2017, 11:25 AM
"proceduraly generated environement in a limited scale (it's still controled)" This scary me a lot!

You can't create a full system of comlpetly hand-made planets. Or the game will be out in 15 more years ;)

Legion-495
06-17-2017, 11:36 AM
You can't create a full system of comlpetly hand-made planets. Or the game will be out in 15 more years ;)

I think a part of that 3 years engine development is also down to the generator for the structures. I actually think they have the planets almost ready, maybe a bit more hand work on it tho.

SuperBiscotCOT
06-17-2017, 12:41 PM
They generated the planet through different parameters.
Now it's time to polish them handly to fit the Game and Level Design ;)