PDA

View Full Version : new patch: reduce dmg is ok? is a good idea?

matt89connor
06-15-2017, 09:57 AM
have sense reduce the damage by 10% of all attacks? for me have sense, but DEF penetration combined with the attack with all gear give too much advantage....nedd a little (just a little) nerf to be perfect, (THE ALREADY nerf DEf penetration...but still can elminate our max defense gears)

Gray360UK
06-15-2017, 10:47 AM
You mean the 10% reduction with Revenge Attacks feat? Because I think that's only for players using that feat to gain Revenge and then only in Revenge. There is no other 10% reduction as far as I know.

bmason1000
06-15-2017, 12:50 PM
You mean the 10% reduction with Revenge Attacks feat? Because I think that's only for players using that feat to gain Revenge and then only in Revenge. There is no other 10% reduction as far as I know.
That's what i was tracking, but I'm a bit confused about it. I thought revenge attacks filled your revenge meter while attacking but did nothing else. The description never said anything about a damage buff, so I'm not sure what that 10% damage reduction even refers to? Did they just tack a nerf on to it? Attacks fill the meter but now also do 10% less damage?

Gray360UK
06-15-2017, 12:56 PM
That's what i was tracking, but I'm a bit confused about it. I thought revenge attacks filled your revenge meter while attacking but did nothing else. The description never said anything about a damage buff, so I'm not sure what that 10% damage reduction even refers to? Did they just tack a nerf on to it? Attacks fill the meter but now also do 10% less damage?

Really confusing to be honest. I have two theories. Either somehow it knows the Revenge you gained was Revenge gained by having the Revenge Attacks feat active, and then that Revenge features a 10% damage reduction, or what you said, all attacks do 10% less damage, and then you gain normal Revenge.

I guess the second would be easiest to implement and make the most sense, it's a straight trade off and makes you think about whether you want to take the feat or not. Yes you are far more likely to gain Revenge and the benefits of it, but you sacrifice doing 10% of your damage the rest of the time. In other words, do you want to be dangerous all of the time or just in Revenge mode.

bmason1000
06-15-2017, 05:04 PM
Yes you are far more likely to gain Revenge and the benefits of it, but you sacrifice doing 10% of your damage the rest of the time. In other words, do you want to be dangerous all of the time or just in Revenge mode.
That's what I'm thinking. It adds to their theory of wanting different yet equally effective builds. This adds weight to a "revenge build."