PDA

View Full Version : Why do you all use centurion?? I really want to know

Lucifist666
06-15-2017, 04:43 AM
I miss season 1. I need to know what the big draw is for this chump. Please enlighten me

Dutchie21
06-15-2017, 05:02 AM
Easy to play and spammable combo if you can't parry or dodge. It is a gank monster in 4v4s. It attracted a lot of lower skilled players because of these reasons. That's why you see so many. It gives them an easy go to character to feel good about playing. It's not that OP just a broken design that gets abused.

kweassa1
06-15-2017, 06:28 AM
Upper-mid tier at best in 1v1s, strong disabler in 4v4s.

Existentialmeme
06-15-2017, 06:30 AM
Low learning curve, although I don't play him :P
It's easy to be good at centurion without investing much time in it

Lucifist666
06-15-2017, 06:42 AM
Nicely put

Trbevis
06-15-2017, 09:15 AM
Because he looks amazing? You cant blame people for wanting a very smart looking hero, thats what i wanted ( and to end everyone i hate with a punch ). I stopped playing as him a couple weeks ago after getting ganked by squads of him numerously resulting in me nearly junping off a bridge. But, he is not amazing one on one. In fact hes easy to destroy, as one of you said noobs play with him making their moves very predictable. Its only 4v4 where he gets the hate( and rightly so )

Aarpian
06-15-2017, 09:39 AM
Fun

XxHunterHxX
06-15-2017, 09:47 AM
Fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIrmJdG1x78&t=246s

yeah..."FUN"

Will_Schwarz
06-15-2017, 04:38 PM
I started playing as him in order to learn how to defeat him. Then, I noticed that most other players didn't know how to defeat him, so I continued (y'know, to help out the community--give 'em more exposure so they could learn.) :)

After all that, though, I've just become familiar with his moveset. As a hybrid, I find him useable against nearly any character. He has a surprisingly good crowd defense (though not much in terms of offense, other than zone attack.) And, I can typically open up heavies more quickly, so that I'm not wasting time and stamina while their buddies charge to their rescues.

I tend to choose my character based on the game type, map, which characters my teammates choose, which characters I expect my opponents to choose and my estimate of their skill level. Some times that equates to me choosing Centurion.

'Hope that helps.

Good Fight!

Antonioj26
06-15-2017, 04:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIrmJdG1x78&t=246s

yeah..."FUN"

Fun indeed, I bet those centurions are having a blast.

RatedChaotic
06-15-2017, 04:56 PM
Because I find the Roman era interesting. Oh and because I suck.

Infidel.Castro
06-15-2017, 04:58 PM
Because my user name would lose it's meaning if i didn't :P

Lucifist666
06-15-2017, 06:39 PM
Well you all are ruining the game. But that's nothing new for you to hear I'm sure. Grow a pair a choose a hero that isn't cheap

tbtsrjc
06-15-2017, 07:01 PM
Well you all are ruining the game. But that's nothing new for you to hear I'm sure. Grow a pair a choose a hero that isn't cheap

He is not cheap! He cost us $40 to get early access to him and it cost people without the season pass 15k steel to obtain him. He's 30x more expensive than the standard heros. If you don't like his character design then please don't hate on the players that purchased the rights to play him, hate on the people that created him and that have no idea how to make a balanced/working game. It's Ubisoft's fault why the game is in its current state.

Lucifist666
06-15-2017, 07:19 PM
You are right. I am upset that he was even made. It's not the players fault. BUT. I could've easily unlocked him and played just like the rest of you. But then how could I look myself in the mirror later and felt good about my cheap lame spamming wins. It's called for honor, and no one seems to have any. Loopholes get exploited in games. I get that. But I don't understand why anyone would want to take the easy way out. Where's the challenge in that??

Gray360UK
06-15-2017, 07:22 PM
For me he's new and something different, simple as that.

Kazowa
06-15-2017, 07:26 PM
Yea, It's dumb I play orochi and the centurion like gets my stamina in half jab quick throw and then like eagle talon. I have shinobi and Centurion honeslty they get boring because people over play them. Their kit is insanely stamina depletion which is stupid. all the old characters dont have it. Both the Shinobi and Centurion needs a rework overhaul. Their kit is just childish people who can't play good.

Will_Schwarz
06-15-2017, 07:35 PM
No judgement, man, but what is it, specifically, that you dislike about Centurion? I'm genuinely asking.

Sekiro...
06-15-2017, 09:40 PM
No judgement, man, but what is it, specifically, that you dislike about Centurion? I'm genuinely asking.
I can tell the main reasons ppl hate him

If the kicks conects you are dead.
Some ppl say: just dont get kicked... they are all stupids.
If the solution was so simply so every hero should have a similar move that can be followed with a killing combo.

huge deplet of stamina that leads to many knockdowns
In 4v4 it's a hell

unlike shinobi he dont have a huge weaker spot to balance him
shinobi's kicks used to be a pain in the *** but you know he have low health, so it feels more acceptable.

Antonioj26
06-15-2017, 09:57 PM

If the solution was so simply so every hero should have a similar move that can be followed with a killing combo.

In 4v4 it's a hell

shinobi's kicks used to be a pain in the *** but you know he have low health, so it feels more acceptable.

Except you aren't dead with one kick, the only damage that is confirmed from it is a light. If he does a heavy that can be blocked but even if you miss the block that's still only 25 damage. Everything after that can be defended against or even punished.

Y_Shrewditch
06-15-2017, 10:26 PM

He has fast lights and his heavies are nearly as fast, with softfeints into guardbreak, has a real fast normal guardbreak. He can combo all day long because he has almost no stamina consumption.
His kick is easily dodgeable only 1v1, the punch a lot less so, with the charging ability he gets to set the pace for parries or dodges, which he can counter with the cancel into guardbreak.
You're allowed two mistakes with him, the first gets you down to 1 bar of health or so and no stamina, then he kills you with enough stamina left to do it all over again.

Add this all up and you get the most OP character of the game, which gets to take control of your toon while dealing massive amounts of damage.

It's that last bit that gets to me most, that he so easily and for such a long time gets my character in a position where I can't do anything but take the abuse and wait for him to do it again.

But what really bothers me is that the devs stated "He's just fine, well, maybe we need to change his entire kit, but we need more data", along with some of the other fanbois, completely disregarding the sincere hatred this character has been getting from almost everyone not playing the character. Not even the PK got this much hatred, and that's saying something.

And now that he too got the quardswitch buff, one of his few disadvantages has been 'tweaked away' as well, and he gets to do his (parry-)punish that much easier.

It's just overall bad design, and the fact the devs don't dare touch him with any kind of nerf until 'more data' has come in, seems to me proof that they have no idea what to do with him because of it.

Sekiro...
06-15-2017, 10:53 PM
Except you aren't dead with one kick, the only damage that is confirmed from it is a light. If he does a heavy that can be blocked but even if you miss the block that's still only 25 damage. Everything after that can be defended against or even punished.

not true

Many players just charge the heavy right after the kick start up and then theres no time left to avoid.
U r just doing it slow

Antonioj26
06-15-2017, 10:58 PM
not true

Many players just charge the heavy right after the kick start up and then theres no time left to avoid.
U r just doing it slow

The heavy is 1200ms, that's more than plenty of time to parry it.
U just aren't parrying it

Sekiro...
06-16-2017, 12:18 AM
The heavy is 1200ms, that's more than plenty of time to parry it.
U just aren't parrying it

Maybe its possible to perform a parry, ok, but do you think its fair? If I miss the parry I die, very fair.
Give more examples of heros that can do the same... theres no one.

Even if theres a way to escape the kick, even if theres a way to parry the heavy, nothing justifies such a deadly combo.
Put this on your mind.

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 12:29 AM
Maybe its possible to perform a parry, ok, but do you think its fair? If I miss the parry I die, very fair.
Give more examples of heros that can do the same... theres no one.

Even if theres a way to escape the kick, even if theres a way to parry the heavy, nothing justifies such a deadly combo.
Put this on your mind.

Except you don't die it's 65 damage, that's 5 more than shugokis full charged heavy but I don't hear you saying anything about his, it's about the same speed too. I can't remember off the top of my head but they are both slow enough that they are incredibly easy to parry, you just need to practice.

Also it's not really a combo since combo implies that the subsequent hits after the first cant be defended against and that's just not true.

JibletHunter
06-16-2017, 12:36 AM
Except you don't die it's 65 damage, that's 5 more than shugokis full charged heavy but I don't hear you saying anything about his, it's about the same speed too. I can't remember off the top of my head but they are both slow enough that they are incredibly easy to parry, you just need to practice.

Also it's not really a combo since combo implies that the subsequent hits after the first cant be defended against and that's just not true.

You act like 5 more damage then the previously most damaging move in the game was not alot. Logic?

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 12:40 AM
You act like 5 more damage then the previously most damaging move in the game was not alot. Logic?

Actually I'm not doing that at all. What I am doing is pointing out that missing one parry will not kill you like the post I quoted stated.

Sekiro...
06-16-2017, 12:56 AM

I never saw a combo with Demon's Embrace

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 01:00 AM
I never saw a combo with Demon's Embrace

I've never seen a combo with a fully charged unblockable heavy. I'll say it again, combo implys that every subsequent hit can't be defended against once the first hit connects. That's not the case with the kick into fully charged unblockable, you CAN defend yourself

JibletHunter
06-16-2017, 01:03 AM
I've never seen a combo with a fully charged unblockable heavy. I'll say it again, combo implys that every subsequent hit can't be defended against once the first hit connects. That's not the case with the kick into fully charged unblockable, you CAN defend yourself

This is true. . . light parry by a wall and it is a 100-0 combo for half the cast.

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 01:07 AM
This is true. . . light parry by a wall and it is a 100-0 combo for half the cast.

Well for one that's not what we are talking about. We aren't talking about wall stuns nor are we talking about parrys. We are talking about from neutral and two I'm pretty sure the 100-0 combo doesn't work anymore with the nerf in 1.08. His light parry damage is more than it should be but that's still 60, still not enough to one shot like this guy is implying

Sekiro...
06-16-2017, 01:49 AM
I've never seen a combo with a fully charged unblockable heavy.

Have u played in the last entire month??
I can't argue against such childish and unreal affirmation.

Keep saying Centurion is ok while community are complaing and more players are uninstalling the game forever.

JibletHunter
06-16-2017, 01:59 AM
Well for one that's not what we are talking about. We aren't talking about wall stuns nor are we talking about parrys. We are talking about from neutral and two I'm pretty sure the 100-0 combo doesn't work anymore with the nerf in 1.08. His light parry damage is more than it should be but that's still 60, still not enough to one shot like this guy is implying

I think you are being intentionally dense at this point. The ability to 1-combo someone in any context is absurd. you say we are not talking about parries, then look to his parry #'s. (looks at post history) . . . Oh, got it. You clearly are a cent main.

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 02:01 AM
Have u played in the last entire month??
I can't argue against such childish and unreal affirmation.

Keep saying Centurion is ok while community are complaing and more players are uninstalling the game forever.

yep I play and stomp on centurions because everytime they kick me and try to go into a fully charged unblockable I parry it because 1200 ms is more than enough time for even my grandma to parry. Stop blaming your lack of skill on the character, the kick doesnt combo into a fully charged unblockable. Please learn the definition of combo, I've said it like 3 times at this point.

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 02:10 AM
I think you are being intentionally dense at this point. The ability to 1-combo someone in any context is absurd. you say we are not talking about parries, then look to his parry #'s. (looks at post history) . . . Oh, got it. You clearly are a cent main.

what are you talking about, what does 1-combo mean? Actually I'm not a cent main, I'm just tired of people lying and spreading information. Do I need to make a video proving that all this bull crap you guys are spouting isn't true? THE KICK DOESNT GUARANTEE A FULLY CHARGED UNBLOCKABLE, IF YOU CANT PARRY A ATTACK THAT TAKES 1200MS THAN YOU CANT PARRY ANYTHING. I'm not yellilng im trying to make the words bigger for you because the two of you seem to be skimming straight passed it.

Look I'll break it down for you in damage once more to help since you guys just aren't getting it.

kick into guaranteed light =12 damage
kick into heavy NOT GUARANTEED =25 damage
kick into fully charged unblockable heavy NOT GUARANTEED = 30 damge, if this lands than the fully charged jab is guaranteed so is the subsequent eagles talon so total damage is 65

light parry into fully charged heavy guaranteed 25 damage (first heavy is 25 damage even when fully charged), into fully charged jab into eagles talon is 60 damage
wallstun was nerfed so I believe the max punish on this is only a fully charged unblockable heavy into fully charged jab into eagles talon for 65 damage.

So stop saying you die from one kick, one kick only does guaranteed damage of 12. Everything else is defendable. Stop making excuses

BeefMan_
06-16-2017, 02:34 AM
I play Centurion because I feel the need to make my opponent as angry or annoyed as possible while fighting me.
Furthermore, I'm lazy and enjoy a playstyle where I can get massive amounts of free stamina and health damage just by turtling and fishing for parries and wallbangs.
I really don't see why people have a problem with this.

salekr
06-16-2017, 02:48 AM
what are you talking about, what does 1-combo mean? Actually I'm not a cent main, I'm just tired of people lying and spreading information. Do I need to make a video proving that all this bull crap you guys are spouting isn't true? THE KICK DOESNT GUARANTEE A FULLY CHARGED UNBLOCKABLE, IF YOU CANT PARRY A ATTACK THAT TAKES 1200MS THAN YOU CANT PARRY ANYTHING. I'm not yellilng im trying to make the words bigger for you because the two of you seem to be skimming straight passed it.

Look I'll break it down for you in damage once more to help since you guys just aren't getting it.

kick into guaranteed light =12 damage
kick into heavy NOT GUARANTEED =25 damage
kick into fully charged unblockable heavy NOT GUARANTEED = 30 damge, if this lands than the fully charged jab is guaranteed so is the subsequent eagles talon so total damage is 65

light parry into fully charged heavy guaranteed 25 damage (first heavy is 25 damage even when fully charged), into fully charged jab into eagles talon is 60 damage
wallstun was nerfed so I believe the max punish on this is only a fully charged unblockable heavy into fully charged jab into eagles talon for 65 damage.

So stop saying you die from one kick, one kick only does guaranteed damage of 12. Everything else is defendable. Stop making excuses

I see you are making new friends all over the Ubisoft forum.
Good work!

Somebody mentioned Centurions one-kill-combo?
Hmmmmmm... Sounds familiar?

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 02:49 AM
I see you are making new friend all over the Ubisoft forum.
Good work!

Somebody mentioned Centurions one-kill-combo?
Hmmmmmm... I know that...

Don't care if I make friends or not, I'm not really down with people lying and I will correct them whenever I see it since there is no one-kill combo. Tell me what you think it is and I'll tell you how to get out of it.

salekr
06-16-2017, 02:53 AM
Don't care if I make friends or not, I'm not really down with people lying and I will correct them whenever I see it since there is no one-kill combo. Tell me what you think it is and I'll tell you how to get out of it.

Yes! Everybody is lying. Everybody is wrong about Centurion. Nobody wants to learn.
But you..... our saviour:)

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 03:00 AM
Yes! Everybody is lying. Everybody is wrong about Centurion. Nobody wants to learn.
But you..... our saviour:)

not a saviour, just a guy who understands simple math. I know you hate numbers but its what proves you wrong.

like I said give me this BS combos that you guys are claiming you can't get out of and ill gladly make a video proving you wrong.

BeefMan_
06-16-2017, 03:32 AM
His combos are BS though. They may not 100-0 you (anymore) but his jabs should not be able to stun or wallsplat you.

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 03:38 AM
His combos are BS though. They may not 100-0 you (anymore) but his jabs should not be able to stun or wallsplat you.

I agree, it probably shouldnt wallsplat you or stun but I honestly don't think they are BS. They really do suck in 4s don't get me wrong, they have definitely ruined that mode but in 1v1 situations they are easy to deal with. The dangerous centurions are the ones who know how to parry lights and turtle.

Mia.Nora
06-16-2017, 06:23 AM
not a saviour, just a guy who understands simple math. I know you hate numbers but its what proves you wrong.

like I said give me this BS combos that you guys are claiming you can't get out of and ill gladly make a video proving you wrong.

Antonioj, your math is excluding the stamina drains. I have been one comboed by a centurion, because the follow up after parry got me OOS and he kept on full aggression that not only deals damage but also drains stamina.

Since I was OOS, I could not punish anything even if I could dodge, and could not go on aggressive either. He simply kept on pushing, and I kept on dodging until I hoped to get my stamina back, but I eventually died.

If you think this is ok, well no offense but <insert proper strong disagreement comment>

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 06:36 AM
Antonioj, your math is excluding the stamina drains. I have been one comboed by a centurion, because the follow up after parry got me OOS and he kept on full aggression that not only deals damage but also drains stamina.

Since I was OOS, I could not punish anything even if I could dodge, and could not go on aggressive either. He simply kept on pushing, and I kept on dodging until I hoped to get my stamina back, but I eventually died.

If you think this is ok, well no offense but f*** your logic.

Stamina drain could also use some tweaks, not arguing that. I think there's this misconception that I'm defending centurion or his design. I'm not. I just want people to realize what they are saying is BS whether is willful or not. If you can block shugos lights than you can dodge centurions unblockables. Preguard switch normalization there were 6-7 characters that were either better or equal to where cent is in the 1v1 game and yet you don't ever hear people complain about warden, warlord, or pk. Why? Well because people have learned their counters and once people learn centurions they will learn that he's still far below them.

Mia.Nora
06-16-2017, 09:39 AM
Stamina drain could also use some tweaks, not arguing that. I think there's this misconception that I'm defending centurion or his design. I'm not. I just want people to realize what they are saying is BS whether is willful or not. If you can block shugos lights than you can dodge centurions unblockables. Preguard switch normalization there were 6-7 characters that were either better or equal to where cent is in the 1v1 game and yet you don't ever hear people complain about warden, warlord, or pk. Why? Well because people have learned their counters and once people learn centurions they will learn that he's still far below them.

I dont know, you are pretty vocal on the forum and pretty mcuh whenever it is about Centurion you are only telling how he is not actually good or easy to counter. You only admit his absurd strengths if people directly confront you with that specific, but the thing is when those things add up he becomes a broken monster. I could make a long writing but totally unnecessary, since I am pretty convinced you are intentionally cherry picking pieces to support that Centurion is not OP, because you probably play as him.

For each of his moves it can be argued whether OP or not, whether counterable or not; but in the end of the day when you put it all together what he offers is way better than OG heroes at the cost of 20-30 less HP. Maybe it is because old heroes have incomplete kits, or maybe because centurion is broken. Either way he is absolutely not balanced with other heroes in terms of what he gets out of successful execution of his skills which are way more rewarding compared to similarly difficult actions form other heroes, or he has a much safer version of it due to his combos and mixups.

You can turn a blind eye to that all you want, but it is clear that he is single handedly driving away people from this game. That alone should be enough reason to hotfix him to be unviable in 1v1 until they can figure out what to do to make him viable in 1v1 and 4v4 without being broken in any more. Right now they are sacrificing people playing 12 heroes, so that this one hero does not get weak in 1v1. This is very clear favoritism on devs part.

Aarpian
06-16-2017, 11:53 AM

In 4v4 it's a hell

Kick guarantees him a light attack and that's it. If that's what you consider "dead" ....

In 4v4 he's good at ganking but absolutely awful when he's ganked. With revenge active he can't take advantage of any parries because the enemy is pushed out of range of everything except his leaping attack which locks him into an animation that will ensure he dies if any enemies are in guardbreak range when he's doing it.
He can't take advantage of his combos because he will be instantly interrupted. He can't charge his heavies because even if he lands a pin he will be instantly interrupted (if not interrupted during the charge already), his zone attack is absolutely awful for anything that isn't finishing a 1 bar opponent, and his target switching is *** because of the range on his heavies. On top of that he has low hp.

He's really not that great in 4v4. You're just bad.

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 02:16 PM
I dont know, you are pretty vocal on the forum and pretty mcuh whenever it is about Centurion you are only telling how he is not actually good or easy to counter. You only admit his absurd strengths if people directly confront you with that specific, but the thing is when those things add up he becomes a broken monster. I could make a long writing but totally unnecessary, since I am pretty convinced you are intentionally cherry picking pieces to support that Centurion is not OP, because you probably play as him.

For each of his moves it can be argued whether OP or not, whether counterable or not; but in the end of the day when you put it all together what he offers is way better than OG heroes at the cost of 20-30 less HP. Maybe it is because old heroes have incomplete kits, or maybe because centurion is broken. Either way he is absolutely not balanced with other heroes in terms of what he gets out of successful execution of his skills which are way more rewarding compared to similarly difficult actions form other heroes, or he has a much safer version of it due to his combos and mixups.

You can turn a blind eye to that all you want, but it is clear that he is single handedly driving away people from this game. That alone should be enough reason to hotfix him to be unviable in 1v1 until they can figure out what to do to make him viable in 1v1 and 4v4 without being broken in any more. Right now they are sacrificing people playing 12 heroes, so that this one hero does not get weak in 1v1. This is very clear favoritism on devs part.

This "you probably play as cent" argument is getting so old and dumb. If someone was complaining about kensei I would do the same thing. Which is what happened a couple days ago. Here's my stats https://fhtracker.com/profile/psn/AlyssaA-3
I play on my wife's account since my cousin plays on mine which is here https://fhtracker.com/profile/psn/Antonio-J26

I'm only pointing out this bs people are saying, how many times do I have to say it? This hyperbolic reaction to this character is nonsense and they are just lies. If someone brings forth something I disagree with it's not me admitting it's bad, it's me agreeing. It's not like I'm hiding it away, it just wasn't the subject. If someone says warlords running jump attack is OP and then I explain why it wasn't it's not me defending warlord as a whole. It's not me ignoring his head butt, or the rest of his kit, it's simply me saying you can easily deal with the weakest aspects of his kit.

Now salekr I'm going to use your worst enemy, so go ahead and look away. SCARY FANCY NUMBERS! OMG NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

"One kick and I'm dead" 12 max damage guaranteed

"One parry and I'm dead" 60 max damage guaranteed

"One gb and I'm dead" 25 max damage guaranteed

"One wall splat and I'm dead" now post nerf 65 damage guaranteed

"One oos throw and in dead" 35 damage guaranteed damage. 50 if he zones by a wall but will get the last hit parried if his opponent is half decent

It really depends on what you mean by successful execution. Raider gets 90 damage from oos punish and berserker gets a little more, I don't know how much damage zerks punch from gb does but his side heavy into top does 88. Lb gets 50 guaranteed damage and a 50/50 that can either net him a another 50 guaranteed damage and a 50/50 to reset or 45 damage. Valk gets 60 damage from oos punish which isn't too difficult to get off since headbutt from gb knocks off a quarter of someone's stam. Kenseis oos grants you 50 damage and can lead into his mixup. Shugo gets you 60 damage from fully charged heavy or a guaranteed demons embrace. Orochi gets you 65 damage from double heavies. All comparable or better to centurion.

Not turning a blind eye...... just tired of people crying and lying about problems that don't exist. If you say "hey I suck against centurion, he's one of my toughest match ups I just can't seem to get how to counter him," then I would either offer up advice or just not say anything at all. Not too long ago coyote was claiming valk had an infinite sweep combo, I proved him wrong, and just like it was solely based on him mistiming his dodges then it's the same with centurion and you guys. If you can block shugo lights than you can dodge cent kicks.

I've said that he's clearly the favorite and called him "romans baby." He's still below warlord, shin, warden, Pk, and you can possibly argue that he's somewhere on LB, valk, and raiders level. That's all 1v1 by the way.

Obdach01
06-16-2017, 02:20 PM
I don't use Centurion.

salekr
06-16-2017, 03:42 PM

Lies, damned lies, and statistics
Mark Twain

salekr
06-16-2017, 03:45 PM
This "you probably play as cent" argument is getting so old and dumb. If someone was complaining about kensei I would do the same thing. Which is what happened a couple days ago. Here's my stats https://fhtracker.com/profile/psn/AlyssaA-3
I play on my wife's account since my cousin plays on mine which is here https://fhtracker.com/profile/psn/Antonio-J26

I'm only pointing out this bs people are saying, how many times do I have to say it? This hyperbolic reaction to this character is nonsense and they are just lies. If someone brings forth something I disagree with it's not me admitting it's bad, it's me agreeing. It's not like I'm hiding it away, it just wasn't the subject. If someone says warlords running jump attack is OP and then I explain why it wasn't it's not me defending warlord as a whole. It's not me ignoring his head butt, or the rest of his kit, it's simply me saying you can easily deal with the weakest aspects of his kit.

Now salekr I'm going to use your worst enemy, so go ahead and look away. SCARY FANCY NUMBERS! OMG NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

"One kick and I'm dead" 12 max damage guaranteed

"One parry and I'm dead" 60 max damage guaranteed

"One gb and I'm dead" 25 max damage guaranteed

"One wall splat and I'm dead" now post nerf 65 damage guaranteed

"One oos throw and in dead" 35 damage guaranteed damage. 50 if he zones by a wall but will get the last hit parried if his opponent is half decent

It really depends on what you mean by successful execution. Raider gets 90 damage from oos punish and berserker gets a little more, I don't know how much damage zerks punch from gb does but his side heavy into top does 88. Lb gets 50 guaranteed damage and a 50/50 that can either net him a another 50 guaranteed damage and a 50/50 to reset or 45 damage. Valk gets 60 damage from oos punish which isn't too difficult to get off since headbutt from gb knocks off a quarter of someone's stam. Kenseis oos grants you 50 damage and can lead into his mixup. Shugo gets you 60 damage from fully charged heavy or a guaranteed demons embrace. Orochi gets you 65 damage from double heavies. All comparable or better to centurion.

Not turning a blind eye...... just tired of people crying and lying about problems that don't exist. If you say "hey I suck against centurion, he's one of my toughest match ups I just can't seem to get how to counter him," then I would either offer up advice or just not say anything at all. Not too long ago coyote was claiming valk had an infinite sweep combo, I proved him wrong, and just like it was solely based on him mistiming his dodges then it's the same with centurion and you guys. If you can block shugo lights than you can dodge cent kicks.

I've said that he's clearly the favorite and called him "romans baby." He's still below warlord, shin, warden, Pk, and you can possibly argue that he's somewhere on LB, valk, and raiders level. That's all 1v1 by the way.

It doesn't matter how many lines you write my friend.
Community hates Centurion.
People (majority of players) think that the game is lost after him.... They want him erased/nerfed to the ground.

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 03:46 PM
Lies, damned lies, and statistics
Mark Twain

[I]You're a cry baby, come to me with an argument not quotes that have nothing to do with centurion.[I]
Me

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 03:49 PM
It doesn't matter how many lines you write my friend.
Community hates Centurion.
People (majority of players) think that the game is lost after him.... They want him erased.
Understand?

For one you have nothing to back that up and two I'm not arguing against that for the billionth time. It's like talking to a wall. You dummies are just making crap up. Your gripes with the character either don't exist (one kill combo), are exaggerated (one kick and your dead), or can be done by someone else (7 other cast members can get as much or higher damage out put). I don't even care if the character gets nerfed or deleted, just stop making up bullcrap.

salekr
06-16-2017, 04:17 PM
[I]You're a cry baby, come to me with an argument not quotes that have nothing to do with centurion.[I]
Me

First time you introduced numbers in your posts I made a sarcastic remarks about it. I was sure you will understand why.
My argument is VERY STRONG.
I even added a little piece of history to inspire you...

"Quotes that have nothing to do with centurion"?!
C'mon dude. Try again!

You are very close.
Just one more step.

salekr
06-16-2017, 04:20 PM
You dummies are just making crap up.

Wow! We are ALL dummies...
That was not nice my friend.

We are sorry for not sharing the same opinion as you:nonchalance:

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 04:21 PM
First time you introduced numbers in your posts I made a sarcastic remarks about it. I was sure you will understand why.
I even added a little piece of history to inspire you...

"Quotes that have nothing to do with centurion"?!
C'mon dude. Try again!

You are very close.
Just one more step.

There you go again, avoiding any sort of argument against what matters. Come to me with facts about centurion, not this bull crap about some sort of lesson or correcting me on using italics. None of that is relevant, stick to the topic.

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 04:23 PM
Wow! We are ALL dummies...
That was not nice my friend.

We are sorry for not sharing the same opinion as you:nonchalance:

But it's not an opinion though. You are straight making up crap. If any of you said "I think centurion is overpowered," I wouldn't care. Now if you said "I think centurion is over powered because he kills you with one kick," then I'm going to tell you that you are wrong and or lying.

salekr
06-16-2017, 04:28 PM
Come to me with facts about centurion

You mean numbers, right?
Sorry, but video-games is not all about (specific heroes) numbers my friend.

It's more about the platform you are playing, connectivity, frames per second, people..... Stuff that is more important then numbers Devs published.

But you will not understand that.
Never mind.

DrinkinMyStella
06-16-2017, 04:30 PM
he is so satisfying to use despite whether he is easy or not.

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 04:36 PM
You mean numbers, right?
Sorry, but video-games is not all about (specific heroes) numbers my friend.

It's more about the platform you are playing, connectivity, frames per second, people..... Stuff that is more important then numbers Devs published.

But you will not understand that.
Never mind.

I understand that you guys are terrible and making excuses. His attacks are just as counterable as the others, but instead of trying to learn those counters you are lying and crying. I put money on the table that I could beat anyone of you guys crying about centurion with half the cast while you guys use centurion. I'll say it again, IF YOU CAN BLOCK SHUGOS LIGHTS YOU CAN DODGE CENTURIONS KICK AND JAB. IF YOU CANT BLOCK A 600ms ATTACK THEN THATS ON YOU, NOT THE CHARACTER.

RatedChaotic
06-16-2017, 04:42 PM
I play the Cent because my main the Conq is just not where he should be at this time in my opinion. If they add more things to the Conq or do something to him. I'd gladly return to him.

With the guard change it helped but I still feel the Conq is missing something compared to the other classes.

salekr
06-16-2017, 04:54 PM
I put money on the table that I could beat anyone of you guys crying about centurion with half the cast while you guys use centurion.

With your k/d stats?!
https://fhtracker.com/profile/psn/AlyssaA-3

LOL
:D:D:D

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 04:55 PM
With your k/d stats?! LOL

Yep, I'll destroy you. Add me on psn. Link your stats since you think you are so good.

salekr
06-16-2017, 04:58 PM
Yep, I'll destroy you. Add me on psn. Link your stats since you think you are so good.

Testosterone and human aggression
Taylor Burns

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 04:58 PM
With your k/d stats?!
https://fhtracker.com/profile/psn/AlyssaA-3

LOL

I'm not sure why you would think that when that shows that my KD is better than 77% of the psn population. That's only proving my point further

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 04:59 PM
Testosterone and human aggression
Taylor Burns

Talks craps about my stats and then won't link his. Typical.

JibletHunter
06-16-2017, 05:01 PM

Relax man. It is a video game, Elitist much?

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 05:01 PM
Relax man. It is a video game, Elitist much?

He brought up my stats not me

salekr
06-16-2017, 05:02 PM

Why would I link my wife's account?!?!
This makes no sense my friend.

salekr
06-16-2017, 05:04 PM
He brought up my stats not me

You brought up "your stats" my friend.

Here's my stats https://fhtracker.com/profile/psn/AlyssaA-3

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 05:04 PM
Why would I link my wife's account?!?!
This makes no sense my friend.

If you knew how to dodge this well in game you would have no problem with centurion

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 05:05 PM

When? Point to my post of me bringing up my stats. Full context please

salekr
06-16-2017, 05:09 PM
If you knew how to dodge this well in game you would have no problem with centurion

I told you already....
I don't have any problem with Centurion.
I just don't like the ARCADE style of fighting Devs introduced in Season 2.

Or you forgot....

salekr
06-16-2017, 05:10 PM
When? Point to my post of me bringing up my stats. Full context please

I already did....
You've lost yourself my friend

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 05:14 PM
I already did....
You've lost yourself my friend

No you didn't actually. I brought up my stats so you can see I'm not a cent player because that's what everyone is accusing me of but that's fine go ahead and stick to your scum baggery

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 05:17 PM
I told you already....
I don't have any problem with Centurion.
I just don't like the ARCADE style of fighting Devs introduced in Season 2.

Or you forgot....

But it's not arcade it's no different than other characters who can lunge at you from 5 m away, sap your health with a hug, or throw a 400lb man over their shoulder using the end of their polearm

Obdach01
06-16-2017, 07:03 PM
I vouche for Antonioj26. He definitly is NOT a Cent player. Actually he was for nerfing him (in many posts we discussed opposite oppinions... i was against nerf). But one thing I must say, you guys have put him in a corner and he fell for it. Now it's really hard getting out, because you guys don't stop. The only way to get out of this, Antonioj26, is to stop answering them. They are just trolling I guess, since you got cornered, and now you are getting bashed by a dozen Cents without stamina problems ;)

But actually, guys, I am taking his side this time... before the whole arguement, who beats who started. Cent isn't what you are making him. He's becoming a legend without having the power to become a legend. YOu are making him more powerful, than he actually is.

AND... not everyone is using Cent... this is a straight up lie, since I play and I play with quite a few Cents, but not all are Cents. Just yesterday I had only one single game with one Cent. All others had the old toons in them. No Cent at all.

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 07:17 PM
I vouche for Antonioj26. He definitly is NOT a Cent player. Actually he was for nerfing him (in many posts we discussed opposite oppinions... i was against nerf). But one thing I must say, you guys have put him in a corner and he fell for it. Now it's really hard getting out, because you guys don't stop. The only way to get out of this, Antonioj26, is to stop answering them. They are just trolling I guess, since you got cornered, and now you are getting bashed by a dozen Cents without stamina problems ;)

But actually, guys, I am taking his side this time... before the whole arguement, who beats who started. Cent isn't what you are making him. He's becoming a legend without having the power to become a legend. YOu are making him more powerful, than he actually is.

AND... not everyone is using Cent... this is a straight up lie, since I play and I play with quite a few Cents, but not all are Cents. Just yesterday I had only one single game with one Cent. All others had the old toons in them. No Cent at all.

Thanks obdach, I appreciate that. I'm doing just fine in the corner. It's just getting absurd, it's not even about centurion anymore it's all about grammatical errors, me not being able to do italics, or other stupid stuff that has nothing to do with the character.

I genuinely can sympathize with people who can't fight cent well, I very much was in that camp before. It seems like it doesn't matter that you can adapt to him, he's going to be nerfed which again I couldn't care less. I don't play him and it won't effect me. I've already said dozens of times he needs work especially in 4s. I just don't like this idea that he's an absolute god when he's soooo far from it.

I make comparisons to show where he's lacking or how other characters can do it better but it doesn't matter. All I hear back is "you play cent so of course you don't want him nerfed." Nope, I just don't like the feeling of being helpless and if I can show someone else that he's far from being the top dog in this game than maybe they can overcome him too.

Either way I don't care anymore, you are right obdach. If they want to believe one kick kills you, or there's this 100-0 combo, or that his unblockable attacks are unparriable or undodgeable even though they are as slow as shugos lights then I will let them believe that. I will no longer shine the light on his weaknesses or how to defend yourself against his strengths. Again I really do appreciate the back up, and sorry we got off on the wrong foot.

JibletHunter
06-16-2017, 07:21 PM

He hates straw-men dude. Dont point out that he makes them regularly.

I dont care who you play, logical consistency is something I respect. You do not exhibit logical consistency.

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 07:24 PM
He hates straw-men dude. Dont point out that he makes them regularly.

I dont care who you play, logical consistency is something I respect. You do not exhibit logical consistency.

K

JibletHunter
06-16-2017, 07:28 PM
K

acknowledgement is key to recovery. Im proud of you.

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 07:29 PM
acknowledgement is key to recovery. Im proud of you.

Sure thing.

dragon7jdc
06-17-2017, 03:47 AM
really? i cant really argue with you. but how do we even rank these heros to a tier system. what are the basis ?

Halvtand
06-17-2017, 11:32 AM
For me it's very simple. It is because I thing the character is too easy and overpowered.
So I just play it because it is easy and OP to get easy wins, right? No. I play it because any time nerfing has come up during the dev streams they say the same thing: "We look at the data and it is not OP". They always refer to the data that they gather from play. They also base the specific nerfs on that data, sometimes making nerfs that the community did not ask for like when they nerfed PK's dash-HA instead of their light-spam. They claimed that this was because according to their data, the dash-HA did more damage.

So, they want data.
They also claim that the data they gather are so accurate that they can see which moves are used and thus which moves does the damage.
So that is what I give them. I play the OP characters, I spam the moves i believe are OP. I give them raw data and make sure that everyone I meet gets to feel exactly how hopeless it is to stand against those moves, hopefully sending them either here or to reddit to write posts about it that just might catch the dev's eyes.

NOT_PeaceKeeper
06-17-2017, 06:17 PM
I started playing him after the stream where they said they arent nerfing him just to show how broken he is. Its an easy mode character and cancerous and the more people that experience it the more that will complain or leave until ubi actually does something.