PDA

View Full Version : What is your Space Monkey Program platform of choice?

IRISNetwork
06-14-2017, 12:45 PM
Personally I am stuck between a rock and hard place, because if BGE2 does have some form of multiplayer co op in it, all my friends play on Xbox, and whilst I do too, I prefer to game on PC!

I ended up picking PC for the time being, I would love for cross play to be a thing in BGE2!

What about you guys?

SuperBiscotCOT
06-14-2017, 12:50 PM
Cross play will never happen IMO.

PC master race for me :)

IRISNetwork
06-14-2017, 12:56 PM
Cross play will never happen IMO.

PC master race for me :)

Either way i'll end up getting two copies on the separate platforms for sure anyway!

Pheenix.
06-14-2017, 01:52 PM
Switch?
Otherwise I would prob. go with PC.

IRISNetwork
06-14-2017, 01:54 PM
Switch?
Otherwise I would prob. go with PC.

I'm just going by what's on the beta sign up page :)

lanested
06-14-2017, 02:16 PM
Had to chose PS4 for the same reason. Some people could sign up for all platforms, so maybe in the future it will be possible for everyone.

Sawbones194
06-14-2017, 02:45 PM
I play on XBox ONE :D

Makeiks
06-14-2017, 03:23 PM
PS4 because I don't know how heavy this game is.

donkikote
06-14-2017, 03:44 PM
PC master race. I don't have any friends anyway.

Legion-495
06-14-2017, 04:44 PM
PC due to the options given.
Like on many games that are on consoles there are things I can't adjust compared to the PC version.
This usually holds true.

I probably play the game with Gamepad, that said I want to try multiple input methods, maybe even my Steamcontroller.
I want to try which language is the best. I played the first in german, but if the synchro is bad I don't see it as good option anymore and go english if there even is localisation.
It's a hassle to do this on a console.

I want to have the option for the future to run this game at the best graphics it provides.
I'm one of those guys with a multiple screen setup and a lot of people like me encounter very terrible scaling issues. I'm here for the PC community to report on such things if they occour.

Venom_04
06-14-2017, 05:03 PM
PC for me :D

FoxTheGoupil
06-14-2017, 05:59 PM
Pour ma part j'aurai été preneur sur Nintendo Switch mais celle ci n'est même pas proposée... :( Dommage...

dederuru
06-14-2017, 06:33 PM
I think pc or ps4 ^^

maximekahn
06-14-2017, 06:34 PM
PC for me !

Wi1d.Card
06-14-2017, 07:43 PM
PC or PS4

SuperBiscotCOT
06-14-2017, 08:06 PM
Pour ma part j'aurai été preneur sur Nintendo Switch mais celle ci n'est même pas proposée... :( Dommage...

Hey french forums are here : http://forums-fr.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/137-Beyond-Good-amp-Evil
Come join me ;)

SirLegar
06-14-2017, 08:42 PM
PC. But ill try the game both with keyboard&mouse and with my ps3 controller (Yes you can do it, search for ScpToolkit)

jmk1999
06-14-2017, 09:11 PM
ps4... might as well stick with the console i'll be getting it for.

RoninHex
06-14-2017, 09:16 PM
for me pc, and the roumor of being switch time exclusive ancel in his instagram said that no exclusive console for the moment, also he wrote that maybe in later in this day we will see gameplay footage

LyFTiD4LyFe
06-15-2017, 03:30 AM
Hyped as hell. I'll be playing on my PS4 Pro. It's been a long fourteen years, man. I cried buckets when the music kicked in.

Home_Rowed
06-15-2017, 06:08 AM
I chose Xbox because it will likely support Xbox One X, and my PC sucks. I really prefer PS4 for now.

I really hope that BGE2 will be a heavily narrative driven game, and the online doesn't take away from that. Online co-op is fine as an option.

Legion-495
06-15-2017, 09:22 AM
I chose Xbox because it will likely support Xbox One X, and my PC sucks. I really prefer PS4 for now.

I really hope that BGE2 will be a heavily narrative driven game, and the online doesn't take away from that. Online co-op is fine as an option.

From what Ancel said the game engine is made to have online support so it is a option.
Granted making it a option later in developemt is a whole rework.
Sounded MMO like but it is not the case if you trust his words.

SirLegar
06-15-2017, 09:48 AM

As an adventure games fan, i agree. It would be interesting to see some "choices matter" elements too!

IRISNetwork
06-15-2017, 10:00 AM
Hey french forums are here : http://forums-fr.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/137-Beyond-Good-amp-Evil
Come join me ;)

I wish I knew French, sooo much more of the community would become open to me!

FokkusuES
06-15-2017, 11:08 AM
I choose pc because it's my most powerful system I got, I hope the game is just like Miche Ancel see it, I think I share his vision, I want this to be truly awesome, BGE 1 was my entire childhood, I played it SO many times, I remember every character line, I'm looking foward to this, it's really special to me

SuperBiscotCOT
06-15-2017, 11:33 AM
I wish I knew French, sooo much more of the community would become open to me!

Ouch you don't know french forums !:D

I'm moderator for Ubi there and ... wow it's empty ... until the game is out and people can complain about something !
I'm a bit exagerating as (sometimes) you can find passionated members of the community (like me) but it's rare :p

IRISNetwork
06-15-2017, 11:38 AM
Ouch you don't know french forums !:D

I'm moderator for Ubi there and ... wow it's empty ... until the game is out and people can complain about something !
I'm a bit exagerating as (sometimes) you can find passionated members of the community (like me) but it's rare :p

BGEMyth seems like a great place though! They all seem so passionate! I tried to integrate myself a little bit just using google translate some time ago, but it was a very awkward way of communicating :D

Nimitz seems like a key member of the BGE community and I would love to try and be a part of that crowd even more so :)

socatelul
06-15-2017, 12:06 PM
is there a way to chose multiple options? When i signed up i could only chose one

SuperBiscotCOT
06-15-2017, 12:50 PM
BGEMyth seems like a great place though! They all seem so passionate! I tried to integrate myself a little bit just using google translate some time ago, but it was a very awkward way of communicating :D

Nimitz seems like a key member of the BGE community and I would love to try and be a part of that crowd even more so :)

Yeah BGEMyth is an awesome community, thay are all passionated about the game !

I was referring to official ubi forums, like this one, but in french ;)
For now I'm the only one who posted a message in the BGE section since the E3 announcment ! Ridiculous :D

So I come here to discuss a bit about the game rather than stay alone on my forum ... moderating nothing :p

MagicElmo
06-15-2017, 01:21 PM
I was torn between PC and PS4 and went for PC. Looking at the numbers, maybe I should have gone for PS4 to increase my chances! :-)
Silly me will probably end up getting the game on both platforms anyway in the end.

Wish there would be a chance to register for more than just one platform.

Sedoy_Ural
06-15-2017, 01:47 PM
Noted PC, but also have PS4.

Rada_Torment
06-15-2017, 02:41 PM
PC

Stewthepoo
06-15-2017, 03:55 PM
It's a shame the Switch isn't a listed option, but it's understandable considering how technically ambitious the game seems to be.
I voted PC, i definitely plan on beefing up my rig to be able to play this on high settings.
I've managed to avoid having to install Uplay up until this point, but if any game will make me succumb, it's this :D

CulturalLemur
06-16-2017, 04:04 PM
Xbox One, my PC won't be sufficient I think :P

Kingy77
06-18-2017, 08:50 AM
If it goes on Windows 10, there are chances it will be out on Xbox One too, right?

Legion-495
06-18-2017, 09:12 AM
If it goes on Windows 10, there are chances it will be out on Xbox One too, right?

It's very unlikely to see a UWP(Universal Windows Platform) version of the game that is not in some way funded by Microsoft.
And I bet MS would have mentioned it. UWP is a thing for itself and you would have to rewrite quite a chunk of the game I guess, even tho there are some converters I heared.
UWP comes with technical restrictions. Nobody likes that. I don't even know how they handle modified or new engines.

NashHero
06-18-2017, 11:08 AM
Xbox One for me! :o

Kingy77
06-18-2017, 09:44 PM
It's very unlikely to see a UWP(Universal Windows Platform) version of the game that is not in some way funded by Microsoft.
And I bet MS would have mentioned it. UWP is a thing for itself and you would have to rewrite quite a chunk of the game I guess, even tho there are some converters I heared.
UWP comes with technical restrictions. Nobody likes that. I don't even know how they handle modified or new engines.

You're probably right. But we can dream! If Ubisoft want to make BGE2 a console and PC game, why not go for an UWP?
I guessed it had to be complicated to implement, given the very thin list of big Xbox One UWP games...

del170928075253
06-19-2017, 02:08 PM
Linux :D

simononin
06-19-2017, 02:51 PM
Pour moi c'est PC mais je m'acheterais sans doute une manette pour l'occasion

Grymaa
06-19-2017, 02:57 PM
PC for me. It's better for my Youtube Channel ;)

FlorianRex
06-19-2017, 03:20 PM
I chose PC because I haven´t got console, and I don´t like them xD, but my PC is a garbage and I really want to play this game when it release D:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go and visit the B:G&E 2 POLL !!

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1689737-How-do-you-want-to-be-Beyond-Good-and-Evil-2-(POLL)

Regards, Florian.

lomomon
06-19-2017, 11:15 PM
I play on PS4 and Xbox ONE, so while I can play in one of them I'm happy.

HDAFest
06-20-2017, 01:12 AM
Personally I am stuck between a rock and hard place, because if BGE2 does have some form of multiplayer co op in it, all my friends play on Xbox, and whilst I do too, I prefer to game on PC!

I ended up picking PC for the time being, I would love for cross play to be a thing in BGE2!

What about you guys?

i see kinda hard the thing you want, doing a cross play between servers it´s kinda financialy hard for companies, and been honest, you have more freedom and an advantage as a PC player, because of the cam movement

lanested
06-22-2017, 01:55 PM
Apparently someone at Ubisoft did a magic trick and now I'm in waiting list for both PC and PS4. What a beautiful day!

carlbeaumier
06-22-2017, 01:59 PM
Apparently someone at Ubisoft did a magic trick and now I'm in waiting list for both PC and PS4. What a beautiful day!

I'm in the same boat as you, mind that it doesn't bother me that much. I'm just so much happy that the game is gaining hype.

CarlsonNsneaker
06-22-2017, 03:56 PM
I've seen some videos of previous versions of GTA 5.
Also in that game the developers wanted to create a huge and even more complete environment of vegetation.
They could not do it anymore because the game would never work on our consoles.
So I would say it would be better for the PC, but I'm afraid the costs would rise enormously to get all the hardware.
I hope they can do this even on our current consoles (Play4, Xbox One), without spending more money.

Legion-495
06-22-2017, 04:35 PM
Also in that game the developers wanted to create a huge and even more complete environment of vegetation.
So I would say it would be better for the PC, but I'm afraid the costs would rise enormously to get all the hardware.
I hope they can do this even on our current consoles (Play4, Xbox One), without spending more money.

Developing for consoles is like developing for 3~5 years old PCs.
I mean Pro and the XboX in fact still use the same chip but pimped a bit. "4k" performance my az.
I see that as really big ripoff is you ask me. They just could have waited for Zenbase APUs damnit(not that cheap I guess).
I guess XboX kinda gets around the 4k thing with the massive Vram. I don't see why they would use 12GB GDDR5 otherwise. They just directly load all the textures into the GPU-Vram^^. I wonder if it caps in some games tho.

Marketing these days. 6 Teraflops GPU Horsepower does in fact mean nothing. You multiply some numbers and get Teraflop which is probably one of the worst indicator for the usual game^^. It is just a ish-indicator. And even then it is down to actually using that compute power. Nvidia got great IPC and software that uses the GPU very effective(Cuda Cores are always fed) therefor they don't need that much Teraflops as AMD for the same performance. Just showing you guys that. But LowlevelAPIs use the Computepower of AMD(Hardware interaction with CUs(basicly the CudaCores of AMD) is a thing now). So there is that^^

Jayhan90
06-22-2017, 05:27 PM
PS4, as neither of my computers are powerful enough to run vidya gamez. :D

emirparkreiner7
06-22-2017, 09:06 PM
I said PS4, but I meant Switch.

wedgan_tilles
06-22-2017, 09:10 PM
PC as always, I definitely love console when some games are really exclusive to them. But most of the time I still prefer PC, I can easily capture screenshots/videos even if console can do it as well now. But also complete control on the settings to tailor the game for my system. Often console games won't be as high in detail as a recent top computer.

sahaDizel
06-22-2017, 09:24 PM
Love PC too much to choose something else, lmao

ADCwar
06-22-2017, 09:41 PM
I want to play it on m Nintendo Switch, not on those plataforms, i want to play it anytime, anywhere.

brunoyuno
06-23-2017, 02:46 AM
switch please

PrsX-AmbitioN
06-23-2017, 07:58 AM
I would have loved to have picked PC but I went with Xbox, I'm worried that this game will be, just a tad, WAY too heavy for the likes of my machine.

BoyLink
06-23-2017, 08:28 AM
I will like to see a Switch version! Playing the game how you want and where you want

gaiaeverliving
06-23-2017, 02:31 PM
Currently on PS4. Not sure where I'm on in '18.. already have a 4K TV, not so impressed with PS4/4k compared to the upscaling my TV already does. The game screams for native 4K/HDR..

Kingy77
06-23-2017, 09:59 PM

I see what you mean, but GTAV was released during the last months of life of the previous generation of consoles. It could definitely not be as huge as it was presented, since they decided it had to run on PS3 and Xbox 360. Had it on 360 and bought it also on One: very impressed by the size of the open-world on the previous gen, but not so much on the last. That's life!

benleslie5
06-23-2017, 10:47 PM
PS4 for me

thebomblu
06-24-2017, 01:43 PM
Xbox One owner here!

kenonu
06-24-2017, 03:23 PM
I would say PC, but I chose Xbox...
I do game on both PC and XB1, plus with this games vast world I think this game's best quality would be on PC and XboxOne X

PrincePandaMan
06-26-2017, 10:52 PM
I would love to sign up for multiple if I could, but my preferred platforms are PC or Xbox.

for PC, I'd be using a controller, no preference from one to the other, but would be willing to test both! :D

xBlutkatze
11-17-2017, 09:06 AM
I would love to play on PS4, but based on the informations we got I chosed to sign up for PC.

I don't have PlayStation Plus to play online, and most of my friends that have a PS4 (they are rare) won't play this game. So I stick with PC and hope that it won't be too heavy, so I don't need to upgrade my graphic card. I'll play with controller though.

Also I think it is easier to give feedback to the developers with playing on the PC.

If it will be possible to test more then one platform I would go for PS4 AND PC, but I highly doubt that this will be possible.

bloodysugar
11-21-2017, 09:36 AM
PS4 monkey here :)

I would be so happy to alpha/beta test and feedback all needed datas.

browntoya
11-27-2017, 04:26 PM
I am still hoping for Ps4

jakkt15
11-28-2017, 03:00 AM
PS4 (Hopefully)

Xanarius.
12-07-2017, 02:19 AM
PC ! For a truly immersion in the game !

KIERROK
12-09-2017, 06:52 AM
Ps4

vickdu31
12-11-2017, 09:32 AM
I somehow have the feeling that the game will be out on PS5 and the next xbox but I can hardly imagine what they would be like, just some extra powerful xbox one x but I think they need some time for the price to drop compared to one X because the the one X is kind of powerful enough but they need to change architecture to be able to go to the next level. I have a PC and a One S so I will probably buy it on the One S if it come out soon enough, otherwise maybe PS5 or next Xbox. If I haev a steam link and a good network, PC on TV version would be the best

Legion-495
12-11-2017, 12:52 PM
I think it kinda runs into a GTA V Situation where it is released to last gen too even if limited.

NerkuFrench
12-15-2017, 10:14 AM
Same for me!

...I should start selling kidneys, by the time game comes out I'll have more resources to buy a new puter.

clayton1117
12-16-2017, 05:48 PM
PC