PDA

View Full Version : Why I think we need rules for the quit penalty

Plutonium Bug
06-14-2017, 09:23 AM
Gaming is for enjoyment you buy a game cause you want to have fun.
Leavers are no fun but everybody has their reasons.
But in this game there are certain things that make this game no fun and leaving is the best option to stop the frustration and I am talking about some specific situations.
I do not leave if I have 3 other players period but...

I think there should be no penalty if:

1. When you join a game and the enemy team has already over 500+ points. Meaning they have their feats and you start with not even your 1st (happened yesterday got killed by bow in the first 30 sec when I joined, spawned almost killed someone second bow in my neck. spawn kill 2 take a zone get ganked and......catapult. I didn't even have my first feat screw that.)
2. If there are more then 2 bots on your team. Bots are completely useless if you have 2 or 3 bots in your team and you should be free to leave as it is no fun to play a 4 man squad with 2 bots on your team and get killed over and over again because you fight 2/3 man at the same time.
3. If 2 or more people in your team lag out or leave making it again 2+ bots in your team.
4. If there are 3 or more of the same character in the enemy team (yes I am talking about you cent and shunobi)

Yesterday I joined 6 out of 20 in progress and got lagged out of 11 (mostly when I was winning) and I had 3 normal games that was for some reason I had people that exactly STAYED after a game! OMG shout out to them.

DrinkinMyStella
06-14-2017, 09:41 AM
i went to leave a match brawl vs AI with matchmaking off and it wanted to give me a penalty for leaving against a bot?!

My.Insanity
06-14-2017, 09:55 AM
Gaming is for enjoyment you buy a game cause you want to have fun.
Leavers are no fun but everybody has their reasons.
But in this game there are certain things that make this game no fun and leaving is the best option to stop the frustration and I am talking about some specific situations.
I do not leave if I have 3 other players period but...

I think there should be no penalty if:

1. When you join a game and the enemy team has already over 500+ points. Meaning they have their feats and you start with not even your 1st (happened yesterday got killed by bow in the first 30 sec when I joined, spawned almost killed someone second bow in my neck. spawn kill 2 take a zone get ganked and......catapult. I didn't even have my first feat screw that.)
2. If there are more then 2 bots on your team. Bots are completely useless if you have 2 or 3 bots in your team and you should be free to leave as it is no fun to play a 4 man squad with 2 bots on your team and get killed over and over again because you fight 2/3 man at the same time.
3. If 2 or more people in your team lag out or leave making it again 2+ bots in your team.
4. If there are 3 or more of the same character in the enemy team (yes I am talking about you cent and shunobi)

Yesterday I joined 6 out of 20 in progress and got lagged out of 11 (mostly when I was winning) and I had 3 normal games that was for some reason I had people that exactly STAYED after a game! OMG shout out to them.

If you join a game which is already lost or has only bots in it just leave in the first 30sec... and dont complain about the leaver penalty.

In my eyes people who Ragequit should be punished much harder.. cuz they betray their Teammates and reduce the chance to win a lot.. 10min ban is a joke.

And yes there whould be no penalty for leaving a Player vs AI match.. it makes no sense

Plutonium Bug
06-14-2017, 09:59 AM
So I am talking about the fact of a match half way and 2 team mates leave after about a minute then you get a ****ty game and I think you should be able to leave that without a penalty.

Gray360UK
06-14-2017, 10:08 AM
I never stay in matches where 50% or more of my team has ben replaced by bots due to quitters. It's pointless and you're just giving the other team a free win and yourself a miserable experience. Bots just don't cut it when it comes to Dominion VS Players and your opponents will smash them and then come and gank you. At the end of the day if you queued for a Player VS Player match and you are now in a mostly Bot VS Player match then you haven't got what you queued for. I feel no compulsion to stay and be a victim for the other team who have 4 human players VS my team of dumb robots.

My.Insanity
06-14-2017, 10:10 AM
So I am talking about the fact of a match half way and 2 team mates leave after about a minute then you get a ****ty game and I think you should be able to leave that without a penalty.

I dont think so at all.. the 2 teammates who betrayed you should face a hard punish for doing this... so even if YOU lose.. you know they are more f**ked up.

(like i wrote in many threads before Ragequit should be: 10min ban + 1 Lose + 0/10 K/D) and yes it would be very nice if the time would stack if you leave more games in a row.

And this is the ONLY way to reduce Ragequitting at all.. if they dont Quit (cuz they know they will get f**ked) ... you dont need to quit !!! Simple as that.

Plutonium Bug
06-14-2017, 11:26 AM
I never stay in matches where 50% or more of my team has ben replaced by bots due to quitters. It's pointless and you're just giving the other team a free win and yourself a miserable experience. Bots just don't cut it when it comes to Dominion VS Players and your opponents will smash them and then come and gank you. At the end of the day if you queued for a Player VS Player match and you are now in a mostly Bot VS Player match then you haven't got what you queued for. I feel no compulsion to stay and be a victim for the other team who have 4 human players VS my team of dumb robots.

Precisely and that's why I think they should tweak it a bit.

UbiNoty
06-15-2017, 02:21 AM
Thanks for the great suggestions! I'll make a note to the team and I'd also suggest copy/pasting your post in our rq-penalty feedback thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1687585-Early-Quit-Penalty-Feedback-Thread)