PDA

View Full Version : I played Origins for 90 minutes at E3 - AMA and Info Dump

LoyalACFan
06-14-2017, 09:00 AM
Hey all,

So, as some of you know, I was invited to E3 this year as a Star Player, which means I got some quality time with AC Origins (and hoping for more tomorrow! I have almost exclusively positive things to say about it). In the meantime, I thought I should start an AMA thread so you could send in your massive barrage of questions :p Anyone else who got to play the game with me (Cawatrooper, SixKeys, RVSage, Ericatherine, et al) feel free to jump in and answer some questions and leave your own impressions.

Here are some things I picked up on during gameplay For the sake of brevity, I'll try to omit things that you would already know after watching the demo online.

DISCLAIMERS-

-I obviously don't know any more about the story than you guys do, so please don't flood the thread asking about modern day and stuff. There will be some really small gameplay spoilers in here though, so look away now if you're super sensitive about that kind of thing.

-I played the demo on an Xbox One X, but I'll be describing the controls with the PS4 equivalents so I don't make a mistake (I'm not used to the Xbox controls or their names).

-It's almost 1AM on the West Coast, so I'll be going to bed after posting this, and between E3 festivities and my travel plans, I'm going to have a very full schedule the next few days. Don't expect me to reply quickly, but I promise I'll be back in a day or three :p

MY IMPRESSIONS-

-Parkour up and down are basically still there, but there's no high-profile button, your speed is controlled wholly with the left analog stick. You just push forward on the stick and hold X to go up (and out- free-leaping off of dangerous ledges is back) or hold O to slide over short objects or drop down from ledges.

-Lots of info on horses; they're actually pretty awesome in this one. They can navigate rocky cliffs with ease, even better than D-Horse in MGSV. You can change your mount in the Inventory menu, and you can own several different ones. My understanding is that you can also purchase vehicles like war chariots which you can attach your chosen mount to if you wish. Horses can take fall damage and die, but it's not permadeath- you can call them back in a few minutes by holding Down on the D-pad. You can also still horse-jack or horse-assassinate enemies, but I don't think you can keep those mounts in your inventory. You can cross shallow water while on horseback, but if you go into deep water, the horse will buck you off and swim back to shore. Wild horses will swim to escape predators as well; in my demo, I saw a horse enter deep water to evade a crocodile on shore (a crocodile which later ate me :p)

-There are several basic weapon types, with many, many variants of each; Sword, Double Sword (though it looks more like a sword and dagger), Spears, Long Axes, Long Maces, and Scepters are the ones I remember, but I think there might have been a couple more. Unarmed combat is back, but hidden blade combat is not. There are also four types of bow; normal, "sniper," "shotgun" (Bayek shoots five arrows laterally), and "Uzi" (Bayek prepares five arrows in his hand and can fire them in rapid succession). You can carry two bows and two melee weapons at all times, switching between them with Left and Right on the D-pad, but one of the melee slots was locked in my demo.

-The controls are wildly different, as reported in the leaked GameInformer magazine, but the team plans to include a few alternate control schemes, including a "legacy" scheme that returns the controls to their original mapping as close as they can.

-Holding the heavy attack button will "charge up" a special attack. You can move, and even sprint while in the "charged" state, allowing you to unleash it on unsuspecting enemies and (if you're lucky) one-shot them. The sword's "charged" move is a heavy backhanded strike, the spear is a running thrust, and the long axe's is a devastating 360-spin move.

-The Arena battles are really, really tough. I was the only one there who could beat the boss, and the whole room cheered :p The Arena is a sort of wave-based mode where you fight three waves of basic dudes, then a boss. Playing these will unlock new outfits and weapons.

-You can hold R3 to change the time of day. The camera pans up to the sky, you're treated to a frickin' amazing lighting transition, and boom, you're in the next day or night cycle.

-You can swing your weapon at any time, it's no longer contextual like Syndicate.

-Senu will sometimes fly down to perch on Bayek's arm while you're standing still.

-Senu's "zoom" mode has a reticule that works somewhat like a metal detector; it will pulse in gold when near an objective point, and shrink smaller and smaller the closer you get to it.

-All of the other AC maps are utterly dwarfed by this one. It's massive. One of the devs said that the entirety of London is less than 10% of the Egypt map.

-Carrying dead guards is back.

-Looting is really fast now; you just tap Triangle while near a lootable object/corpse and the loot appears in your inventory.

-There is an unlockable skill that allows you to sleep dart animals, walk up to them while they're asleep, and tame them so that they follow you around. Sadly, this skill was still way beyond my character level in the demo, so I wasn't able to try it out.

-Bayek can hold his breath for longer than Edward, and I believe there is an unlockable skill to make him hold his breath even longer.

-Finisher animations are still in there, and they look really nice, but you only perform them on the last enemy in the group (or minibosses).

-The health bar is at the bottom of the screen, and only appears when you take damage. Regenerating health is also back, but it appears to happen in sections, much like the Jackdaw's health (i.e. you can regenerate a bit of health on the fly, but after losing a whole bar, you have to escape combat and heal somewhere). No idea how healing works, but I don't think there are health potions or anything.

-We've gone back to the pre-AC3 model of having dedicated shops for different needs. I saw (at least) a blacksmith and a tailor, but they were locked in the demo.

-You can sell old weapons, or dismantle them for crafting ingredients.

-One thing I didn't really like was the ledge and air assassinations; they're still there, but they seem to have a reduced range, which is a little annoying.

-Bayek reacts to smoke bombs by covering his face and taking minor damage if you breathe it in too long.

-Weapons are based on a rarity system, with (I think) four levels of rarity (common, uncommon, rare, and legendary). This applies to outfits too, but they're only cosmetic.

-There's apparently a sh*t ton of outfits; Ash was really enthusiastic about them, but I didn't get to see any in action.

-Tools are separate from ranged weapons; the only one I know of for sure is the sleep dart, but I presume there are more. Also, smoke bombs are in the game, but I only saw them used as part of a melee combo. Not sure if you can just throw them at your leisure.

-I like Bayek a lot so far; he seems to have the idealistic, altruistic personality of Connor blended with the assertiveness and no-nonsense attitude of Altair. I obviously only saw a bit of story content, but what I saw had some cool moments (like Bayek speaking with a small child).

-And finally, yes, there is a HOOD TOGGLE! Highlight your outfit in the Inventory, and press Triangle.

ladosefan
06-14-2017, 10:13 AM
Hi there!Thanks for all the info provided!Did you encounter any big technical issues?Like big frame drops or game breaking bugs?

marvelfannumber
06-14-2017, 11:32 AM
Lots of cool stuff I'm hearing here, seems like a good time.
Now onto my question, from taking a look at the demo myself, my biggest concern are the parkour animations which seem really floaty (Bayek can virtually space jump up buildings compared to Arno), especially rock climbing...which has some strange clipping issues. Did you experience any of this in your playthrough and if so, did it play as awkwardly as it looks?

DerbyZero
06-14-2017, 11:56 AM
Hey,

nice to read that, bunch of cool things will be in there, noice! :-)

My question: do you know who will be composing Origins?

Sorrosyss
06-14-2017, 12:36 PM
Nice write up. Glad you had a nice time. :) I'll add a few new points you made to the Guide (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1686066-Assassin-s-Creed-Origins-Your-Guide-to-Everything-We-Know-So-Far!) later.

I'm curious about ambient music, as some videos i've seen it seems to go minutes at a time with nothing playing. Was it the same for yourself?

(P.s. They moved the forums about a fair bit whilst you been gone. There's a dedicated Origins forum now. Hopefully a mod will kindly move this.)

rob1990312
06-14-2017, 03:16 PM
I'm actually surprised how good it looks it seems to be a streamlined version of the best elements of ubis best games, the weapons systems seems to be similar to the one in the division which I find to be addictive with random weapon drops, the eagle obviously resembles watchdogs 2. Drone, and there is an animation in the game play trailer that's pulled from far cry where you kill a guard from behind and immediately throw a dagger at the next one also the detection seems to be similar to far cry. I think there is also a big witcher 3 influence, bayek is going to need a badass silver sword to take out that massive snake

VestigialLlama4
06-14-2017, 04:33 PM
Thanks for this detailed response.

I am actually getting more and more pleased with how Origins is shaping up. This looks to me the game that fans have wanted since AC3 and Black Flag.

projectpat06
06-14-2017, 05:07 PM
Glad to see the same group of guys and ladies are still very active on this forum. Very cool that you guys went to E3. I missed it this year again even though a friend of mine keeps inviting me. Next year for sure!

The game seems to have many highs and a few lows from what I've seen so far. I'm one of the few who really loved unity so I'm hoping the parkour will be close to unity's. I'm glad to see hand to hand combat back. Again I really liked unity's combat difficulty so if it's a blend of that and AC3 combat, I'll be happy. Any word on disarming enemies? That was the best feature in AC2 - Ac4. They could have made it as a combo bonus like the Arkham games which I still think would work best for AC games.

pirate1802
06-14-2017, 05:17 PM
Seems like it will be the first AC I'd buy since AC IV. Good stuff.

JakeyChappers
06-14-2017, 05:34 PM
I thought I should start an AMA thread so you could send in your massive barrage of questions :p

Great thread mate! Someone has already 80% confirmed this but do you know if you can engage in combat and not use the shield?

So just have a sword/spear or whatever equipped and still parry without using the shield?

Rugterwyper32
06-14-2017, 05:49 PM
Alternate control schemes? I'm liking the sound of that. I remember that with Resident Evil 5, going back to the RE4 control scheme was the first thing I did when I got it, so that's probably gonna be the same case here. Good call if you go through with it Ubi.
Generally this is sounding pretty good. The only thing that's bugging me right now is the lack of social stealth elements, but then again, we haven't seen any proper city gameplay where there'd be crowds for that. I do hope that element's still there, I know the series hasn't exactly pulled it off as well as it could but it's always been something I've enjoyed, so I hope they haven't just gone "nah, take it out".
If anything, I know I'll spend a looot of time exploring Egypt.

SplugeKing
06-14-2017, 05:50 PM
I want to know how dumb the AI was? I like a challenge when i want to be stealthy.

Frank9182011
06-14-2017, 05:54 PM
Is there ambient music while free-roaming? I'm talking AC2 style, not like Syndicate where it barely plays.

harsab
06-14-2017, 06:04 PM
''All of the other AC maps are utterly dwarfed by this one. It's massive. One of the devs said that the entirety of London is less than 10% of the Egypt map.'' Less than 10%? holy jesus christ, now i have a sense of how big this map is wow. This is gonna be incredible.

m4r-k7
06-14-2017, 06:11 PM
You mentioned that parkour up / down are basically still there which I am SO happy about. If I am correct, you would press X to jump gaps as well? Does parkour down work similarly, in that you would do a short jump to get to the ground, or is that mapped to X? Is the parkour smooth and do you go where you want to go? Can you rebound off walls etc like in the classic AC's?

Thanks a lot for the detailed info!

wvstolzing
06-14-2017, 06:56 PM
Is the side-eject back? (e.g. running up a wall to then grab a ledge perpendicular to it)

Did you notice anything in the interface that suggests that the in-game simulation might be on a 'Helix' device?

BananaBlighter
06-14-2017, 07:16 PM
Are there just outfits for customisation or can you get individual pieces like Unity? From what I've seen it looks like there's only an outfit slot, but the GameInformer said something about "costume elements and outfits", so I'm a bit confused.

Alternate control schemes? I'm liking the sound of that. I remember that with Resident Evil 5, going back to the RE4 control scheme was the first thing I did when I got it, so that's probably gonna be the same case here. Good call if you go through with it Ubi

I'm really happy about this too. I don't mind the new combat controls with attacks being tied to the right bumper/trigger, but I don't think I'll ever get used to Y for assassinations. Y seem stop be used for everything and it's really bugging me.

Generally this is sounding pretty good. The only thing that's bugging me right now is the lack of social stealth elements, but then again, we haven't seen any proper city gameplay where there'd be crowds for that. I do hope that element's still there, I know the series hasn't exactly pulled it off as well as it could but it's always been something I've enjoyed, so I hope they haven't just gone "nah, take it out".

I have a feeling it's gone for good. The reason I say this is that not only have I not seen any sign of crown blending in all the videos I've watched, but the fact that you now run automatically without pressing any buttons kinda ruins the whole high/low profile thing. It's now gonna be much harder to control your speed and maintain a walking pace.

I like that the recent games have introduced more traditional stealth elements (crouch walking), but I also don't want to see social stealth go. It's sad that they've slowly moved away from it and turned AC into a pretty generic stealth game.

EDIT:

Also how do you go into crouch mode? Is it left trigger like Unity?

Is there a hard cover system like Unity or is it more like Syndicate, or is there even a cover system at all? If there is, are there corner assassinations?

jayjay275
06-14-2017, 08:22 PM
Hi, LoyalACFan! I'm loving everything about this game so far, but I'm concerned about two things: combat and animations.

Some animations look unfinished, and yes I know it's meant to be Alpha gameplay but I'm curious what your view is on it and what do you think of combat compared to the other games? What is your favourite combat system and how does this compare, at least in AC terms? Do you think it plays better as a whole compared to Syndicate and maybe even Unity?

HDinHB
06-14-2017, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the great thread and YAY! to almost everything you wrote.

MY IMPRESSIONS-

-Parkour up and down are basically still there, but there's no high-profile button, your speed is controlled wholly with the left analog stick. You just push forward on the stick and hold X to go up (and out- free-leaping off of dangerous ledges is back) or hold O to slide over short objects or drop down from ledges.

How does it feel? The climbing in the videos looks weightless and disconnected.

-Senu will sometimes fly down to perch on Bayek's arm while you're standing still.

-Senu's "zoom" mode has a reticule that works somewhat like a metal detector; it will pulse in gold when near an objective point, and shrink smaller and smaller the closer you get to it.

How is Senu integrated? Does it feel tacked on like launching a drone? Or more "natural" like Eagle Vision? Is it gimmicky?

http://i.imgur.com/4bNL8c2.png

PhilyG213
06-14-2017, 09:52 PM
Do you know more about the skill tree? Is it like in Syndicate where you can obtain every skill or will you have to chose one specific skill set?

pacmanate
06-14-2017, 10:55 PM
Awesome summary, thanks for sharing.

-All of the other AC maps are utterly dwarfed by this one. It's massive. One of the devs said that the entirety of London is less than 10% of the Egypt map.

This is crazy^^^ Defo need some confirmation

Dutch_Wrath.
06-14-2017, 11:06 PM
What can you say about historical accuracy? I'm a bit worried this Assassin's creed is going into the fantasy scene, with guards not having historical armor.

49 BC is the time period of Assassin's creed origins, so I expect to see romans, hellenics and galatians. A great inspiration for historical equipment would be Total war Rome II.

Xstantin
06-15-2017, 01:35 AM
Thank you for the summary.

Did they cut down on the number of guards compared to Unity/Syndicate?

Were there any instances of guards going psychic like ACIII If you got detected?

WendysBrioche
06-15-2017, 02:44 AM
Amazing information, thank you for writing this!

Horses sound amazing, and super realistic in reacting to the environment, avoiding predators and such.

Super glad they're working on a "legacy" control scheme, that's an amazing move on behalf of the devs, really good and thoughtful move.

Charged moves sound like they're going to be great!

Only thing I don't like is the finishing moves only executing on the last remaining enemy, super lame. I hope they might consider changing that, or at least have abilities that allow you to use them more often prior to the last enemy in combat, if they can before release.

What can you say about historical accuracy? I'm a bit worried this Assassin's creed is going into the fantasy scene, with guards not having historical armor.

49 BC is the time period of Assassin's creed origins, so I expect to see romans, hellenics and galatians. A great inspiration for historical equipment would be Total war Rome II.

I believe they've showed quite a bit at that on the youtube demos and streams, didn't they?

I don't know about super-era accurate, there's probably some artistic creativity taken there in all likelyhood, but there's definitely both Greeks and Romans in the infantry to be sure.

Idk about Gauls, I was unaware they had much of a presence in Ptolemaic Egypt.

''All of the other AC maps are utterly dwarfed by this one. It's massive. One of the devs said that the entirety of London is less than 10% of the Egypt map.'' Less than 10%? holy jesus christ, now i have a sense of how big this map is wow. This is gonna be incredible.

I have a strong feeling they're not really over-exaggerating this that much this time around.

Super excited if so, I've been waiting for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

And in no other than an Egypt game, in an Assassin's Game!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!

Drool.............

VoldR
06-15-2017, 06:54 AM
I'm also looking forward to it and checking out what are the purchase options...

So far only Uplay & Steam have the game for PC.
Local EB Games only got for Consoles for some reason...

Strange that the Deluxe on Uplay have the map & sound tracks while the Gold ed. don't and it cost more.
My main interest are the stories, which edition have all the stories canon to the lore and not just some extra filler side missions.

Pre-ordering gets the "secrets of the first pyramids"

Not sure what the Season Pass is offering. all it says is addition expansions & equipments.
I'm not interested in equipments but dunno what the expansions are... maybe can get the pass later or hopefully stories are separated

I wish they just let us unlock story missions like in AC2, using well earned U-Points.

Prices below are in USD

UPlay
$89.95 ($71.96) - Standard & Deluxe
$139.95 ($111.96) - Gold
$ in brackets are 20% off via 100 U-Points

Pre-order
Additional mission: Secrets of the first Pyramids.

Steam
$66.95 - Standard
$81.95 - Deluxe
$104.45 - Gold
Pre-order
Additional mission: Secrets of the first Pyramids.

At the very least guess I need to pre-order

LoyalACFan
06-15-2017, 07:08 AM
Hey all, I have a bit of free time now to answer some questions ;)

Hi there!Thanks for all the info provided!Did you encounter any big technical issues?Like big frame drops or game breaking bugs?

Nope. One player said he fell through the level at one point and had to reboot the demo, but that was the only major issue I know of that occurred (and given that people have been playing it pretty much nonstop for 12 hours a day both today and yesterday, that's pretty solid for alpha gameplay, I'd say).

Lots of cool stuff I'm hearing here, seems like a good time.
Now onto my question, from taking a look at the demo myself, my biggest concern are the parkour animations which seem really floaty (Bayek can virtually space jump up buildings compared to Arno), especially rock climbing...which has some strange clipping issues. Did you experience any of this in your playthrough and if so, did it play as awkwardly as it looks?

I didn't notice any problems with parkour on buildings, but yeah, the rock climbing animations can be a little gross at times. That said, I could climb practically every rock face I encountered, and having that sheer freedom of traversal and exploration makes it less noticeable that we don't have beautiful AC3-style mocapped animations for everything.

Hey,

nice to read that, bunch of cool things will be in there, noice! :-)

My question: do you know who will be composing Origins?

I believe it's Sarah Schachner. The developer I spoke with couldn't remember her name, but referred to her as "the woman who worked on Syndicate." I can only assume he meant Sarah (who actually worked on Unity).

Nice write up. Glad you had a nice time. :) I'll add a few new points you made to the Guide (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1686066-Assassin-s-Creed-Origins-Your-Guide-to-Everything-We-Know-So-Far!) later.

I'm curious about ambient music, as some videos i've seen it seems to go minutes at a time with nothing playing. Was it the same for yourself?

(P.s. They moved the forums about a fair bit whilst you been gone. There's a dedicated Origins forum now. Hopefully a mod will kindly move this.)

Thanks for the heads-up. But... ew. Why remove Origins from General Discussion? That's completely counter-intuitive :confused:

Anyway, to be completely honest, I barely noticed the music at all. I was right next to the Just Dance booth the whole time, so the finer points of the sound design were sort of drowned out :p Ambient music is confirmed, though.

the eagle obviously resembles watchdogs 2. Drone

The range is way, way longer than the drone though. It was a bit strange in my demo, though, because there was supposed to be a limit to how far away you could fly Senu for the purposes of the demo, but I was occasionally able to bypass it and fly him over a thousand meters away from Bayek (and possibly could have gone further, but then I hit the Animus wall that cordoned off the demo area). I didn't notice any performance issues when I was that far away, so I presume that we'll be able to fly him from very far away in the full game.

Any word on disarming enemies?

Not sure. Unarmed combat is back, but I don't know if you can disarm enemies. It all works differently now that it's more RPG/Inventory based; you can pick up dead guards' weapons, but they go straight to your inventory instead of Bayek literally just picking it up like Ezio/Connor/etc did.

Great thread mate! Someone has already 80% confirmed this but do you know if you can engage in combat and not use the shield?

So just have a sword/spear or whatever equipped and still parry without using the shield?

I don't know, but some of Bayek's attacks incorporate a shield bash move, so if I had to guess, I'd say no. However, like I said, dual swords are back, so it seems logical that he would have to unequip his shield to hold the second blade in his left hand.

The only thing that's bugging me right now is the lack of social stealth elements, but then again, we haven't seen any proper city gameplay where there'd be crowds for that. I do hope that element's still there, I know the series hasn't exactly pulled it off as well as it could but it's always been something I've enjoyed, so I hope they haven't just gone "nah, take it out".

Pretty sure blending is gone, sadly. I can't recall a single time in the demo where I would have needed it though; there generally aren't a lot of bunched-up NPC groups wandering around where that would be a useful mechanic. As you noted, though, we haven't seen the big cities at all yet, so they might have done something differently there.

I want to know how dumb the AI was? I like a challenge when i want to be stealthy.

Way smarter than any other AC. The whole AI and detection system has been totally retooled. I don't have a full grasp of how it all works yet, so I can't comment in great detail, but yeah, stealth is a rewarding challenge.

Hard to say. The demo only gave us access to a small riverside village and some desert area, so there weren't all that many people around at all, let alone guards. There were some patrolling around on horseback (and of course stationed at restricted areas like the lighthouse and the main docks) but I expect there will be more in the cities.

Were there any instances of guards going psychic like ACIII If you got detected?

Not that I saw. Someone else said they had an instance of that, but that wasn't my experience at all. They do have a decent hearing range, so you can't assassinate an enemy too close to his friends, but no, I didn't think they were AC3-style psychics.

Only thing I don't like is the finishing moves only executing on the last remaining enemy, super lame. I hope they might consider changing that, or at least have abilities that allow you to use them more often prior to the last enemy in combat, if they can before release.

Yeah, not the biggest fan of this myself, to be honest. It's a bit underwhelming to kill a super weak enemy like an archer or something when there's no flashy takedown animation. Still, the ones that are in there are pretty rad. And the boss finisher move in the arena? Holy lord. Cover the eyes of the children :p

Edit- aw, damn, my clipboard f*cked up and lost a bunch of the questions from the middle :( I can't stay awake long enough to fix that, but I'll come back tomorrow to answer the Page 2 questions that got deleto'd.

RVSage
06-15-2017, 02:18 PM
Had a great time at E3 with LoyaACFan, Cawatrooper, SixKeys and Ericatherine

Will answer a few questions, And I do have a write-up on experience prepared, will share once I get a green-light from Ubisoft :)

I dont think so they have cut down on guards , All I can say is AI is far more aggressive in this one than previous games, thus encouraging planned stealth

Do you know more about the skill tree? Is it like in Syndicate where you can obtain every skill or will you have to chose one specific skill set?

Every skill can be obtained.

shield is required for parry

crusader_prophet
06-15-2017, 02:22 PM
What is social stealth looking like?

PhilyG213
06-15-2017, 02:31 PM
Are there any optional objectives for the missions? I liked being challenged by them and having to seek for new ways to finish a mission.

RVSage
06-15-2017, 03:52 PM
What is social stealth looking like?

From what I saw, the crowds are not cluttered, there are sizeable npcs, with varied behavior. Thus I could not see any scope for blending in.

But perhaps, in bigger cities in the final game, we can actually get a clear idea of social stealth.

Are there any optional objectives for the missions? I liked being challenged by them and having to seek for new ways to finish a mission.

In the demo missions, No. We have to wait for more info on this

pirate1802
06-15-2017, 04:02 PM
Are the Assassins called Assassins in this game? Not sure if it's a story-related question or not :p

flambeau2
06-15-2017, 04:40 PM
Every skill can be obtained.

Ah, man, that's really a pity, I love when the game doesn't allow us to have all skills, forcing us to plan it carefully. However I also understand that some people prefer to have all the skills in a single playthrough and this is why I think AC series would immensely benefit from different difficulty modes. In this case it could be like easy: you get all the skills; normal: you get most of the skills; hard: you better plan it carefully aka are you really sure you need this skill?

BananaBlighter
06-15-2017, 04:48 PM
Ah, man, that's really a pity, I love when the game doesn't allow us to have all skills, forcing us to plan it carefully. However I also understand that some people prefer to have all the skills in a single playthrough and this is why I think AC series would immensely benefit from different difficulty modes. In this case it could be like easy: you get all the skills; normal: you get most of the skills; hard: you better plan it carefully aka are you really sure you need this skill?

I think the way it works is that you CAN get all of the skills but only if you don't put points into the 3 'master' skills. If you want to specialise though and put more points into one of them you might not have enough leftover for some of the other skills. I'm just speculating though.

pacmanate
06-15-2017, 07:06 PM
Here's the problem with all skills:

If you are a trophy hunter and don't want all skills, you're screwed. Cause you best believe it's a trophy.

Krissu5436
06-15-2017, 07:28 PM
Alright, I need to ask something. Do You guys know anything about assasin recruits system? Or something similar? :D

quanzaizai
06-15-2017, 07:29 PM
well I'm a fan of AC for long so I know what is good for this series. First, this game is very promising and I feel they did very well about the environment, setting and character. Now the part that I don't like are:
Movement in combat is a little bit too fast, especially the dodging, it make the animation look unrealistic.
The new combat system is ok for me, but they need to reduce the amount of shaking camera and slowmo/ lagging/ clunky whatever you feel. I have to say I really pissed about this, it ruined alot.
I hate the idea that you shot the arrow to the head and they still alive. THIS MUST BE CHANGED. I'm serious, it's a joke that someone still alive with the arrow to the head.
execution need to be more often, not just on the last enemy. Assassin creed franchise is famous for cool execution.
I didn't see any environment takedown in the demo. I don't know they have it or not but do you guys remember how badass of the character is when the push use the wall to execute, push enemy off the ledge, and some super cool execution.

jayjay275
06-15-2017, 08:10 PM
Here's the problem with all skills:

If you are a trophy hunter and don't want all skills, you're screwed. Cause you best believe it's a trophy.

Oh crap. I forgot about that. In the Witcher 3, you could redistribute your points. I suppose this isn't Witcher 3 though so we will have to bare with it. :(

flambeau2
06-15-2017, 08:26 PM
Here's the problem with all skills:If you are a trophy hunter and don't want all skills, you're screwed. Cause you best believe it's a trophy.
Oh crap. I forgot about that. In the Witcher 3, you could redistribute your points. I suppose this isn't Witcher 3 though so we will have to bare with it. :(

Devs could have no trophy tied to "get all" stuff. Or they could reward us with points and money enough to get every stuff/skill in the beginning of a newgame+, so we're not forced to play the game again only for the trophies. Or give us a god mode or a one hit kill mode to play with the newgame+, so even if we're forced to play the game again for the remaining trophies, it would be a breeze.

IMO this is really easy to solve if the devs get creative, and I sure as hell hope they are, because one just not simply create a masterpiece without getting creative

topeira1980
06-15-2017, 09:24 PM
Hey guys.
Thanks a lot for answering our questions. much appreciated.

Here are a few of my own:

RPG related questions

1) It seems like enemies that are 5 level above Bayek get an extra 800% buffs to their health (and damage). numbers are just my guesses but that's the numbers in the witcher 3, where they go this idea from. this means that unless bayek is 4 levels below the enemies - he cant kill them.
was that the case?

2) Do you know if you can simply outlevel all the missions and then they become a cake-walk or will lower level enemies upscale to your level to maintain a sense of challenge?

3) did you try and fight enemies that were 3 or 4 levels above you? was it hard or easy? did they feel substantially harder than enemies 1 level above you?

4) are there difficulty settings? (will this be the first AC with difficulty settings? is it too much to ask for such a thing?! i dont get them, really)

Combat related questions:

1) How do you block? do you HOLD the left trigger or tap it and go into "shield mode"?

2) when in shield mode, do you block 360 degrees around you, or only block the enemy you are locked into?

3) how do you block enemies that attack from behind?

4) when you lock into enemies, how do you change the target you are locked into? do you flick the right stick left and right? do you pan the camera and it soft-locks to another enemy?

5) can you play without locking into enemies at all? (and block, parry, dodge... all the fancy stuff without locking). in The Witcher 3 you could lock into enemies but you could do just fine without locking into enemies.... if not better. i never locked to mobs. only bosses.

pacmanate
06-15-2017, 11:11 PM
Devs could have no trophy tied to "get all" stuff. Or they could reward us with points and money enough to get every stuff/skill in the beginning of a newgame+, so we're not forced to play the game again only for the trophies. Or give us a god mode or a one hit kill mode to play with the newgame+, so even if we're forced to play the game again for the remaining trophies, it would be a breeze.

IMO this is really easy to solve if the devs get creative, and I sure as hell hope they are, because one just not simply create a masterpiece without getting creative

You just reminded me of 2 more:

1 - New Game Plus Option now that its a proper RPG
2 - Multiple Save Slots!!!

flambeau2
06-15-2017, 11:51 PM

Well, now that they've decided to walk the RPG path I just kind of assumed they had all the basic characteristics figured out already. Multiple Save Slots is a must have

Th3Hound
06-16-2017, 12:06 AM
While on horseback, I've seen footage where if you draw your bow you auto-lock to enemies. I wonder if you can fine tune to adjust for a headshot from there or if it becomes like AC3 and your forced to hit them in the body.

HDinHB
06-16-2017, 03:52 AM

When I first saw the skill tree/graph, I thought "I wonder if you'll be able to get all the skills" then I immediately realized "Of course you can, they can't resist making that a trophy."

YUSS! Multi-save slots FTW.

ladosefan
06-16-2017, 09:10 AM
Did you use any other mount than the horse provided?Did it feel any different?

ajl992015
06-16-2017, 09:58 AM
Hi guys so I had a few questions:

1) What are the climbing and movement like. I decided to pop in unity last weekend and remembered why I hated it. It had this really heavy feel when you would initiate run or move the camera or jump or vault over objects, like gravity was increased whereas in ac3/4 it was more free flowing and responsed to when I reacted. Except for the parkour up and down I thought that ac3/4 had a much better parkour system. Syndicate felt a bit better but still had similar issues. How does this feel in comparision? if you say it feels like ac4 I will be happy!

2) Any word on how they're structuring assassinations or how many we can expect in the main path? AC1, AC4, unity and syndicate did these well, want to know if the focus is still there.

3) Any thoughts on the main character? Have the devs hinted at any future plans for him such as the rumour of a trilogy? I want a few games with a set of characters. I still wish we had a second game with the frye twins set in another part of UK and to see their home town crawley (That's my home town too!).

Many thanks!

RVSage
06-16-2017, 06:42 PM
Hey guys.
Thanks a lot for answering our questions. much appreciated.

Here are a few of my own:

RPG related questions

1) It seems like enemies that are 5 level above Bayek get an extra 800% buffs to their health (and damage). numbers are just my guesses but that's the numbers in the witcher 3, where they go this idea from. this means that unless bayek is 4 levels below the enemies - he cant kill them.
was that the case?

2) Do you know if you can simply outlevel all the missions and then they become a cake-walk or will lower level enemies upscale to your level to maintain a sense of challenge?

3) did you try and fight enemies that were 3 or 4 levels above you? was it hard or easy? did they feel substantially harder than enemies 1 level above you?

4) are there difficulty settings? (will this be the first AC with difficulty settings? is it too much to ask for such a thing?! i dont get them, really)

Combat related questions:

1) How do you block? do you HOLD the left trigger or tap it and go into "shield mode"?

2) when in shield mode, do you block 360 degrees around you, or only block the enemy you are locked into?

3) how do you block enemies that attack from behind?

4) when you lock into enemies, how do you change the target you are locked into? do you flick the right stick left and right? do you pan the camera and it soft-locks to another enemy?

5) can you play without locking into enemies at all? (and block, parry, dodge... all the fancy stuff without locking). in The Witcher 3 you could lock into enemies but you could do just fine without locking into enemies.... if not better. i never locked to mobs. only bosses.

RPG
1) yes bayek cannot 1 hit enemies a couple of levels above him, with his hidden blade, there are also unique hidden blade upgrades

2) I am not sure of this, My guess is you could, out level, but it may not be easy to do that or as you level up guards in areas could too, in response to you. We have to wait though

3) I did, and I got whacked hard. i was level 20 and enemies were level 25, the AI is very aggressive.

4) Not Sure

Combat

1) in XBox controller terms press hold LB to lock on target, this also brings up shield

2) Enemies you lock on to

3) The game requires you plan your fight, be aware of surroundings.

4) Just move the right analog stick to change

5) yes you can attack without locking, but this does take shield out of equation

RVSage
06-16-2017, 06:48 PM
Did you use any other mount than the horse provided?Did it feel any different?

I did try find a camel, sadly in the demo I was restricted to horses.

Hi guys so I had a few questions:

1) What are the climbing and movement like. I decided to pop in unity last weekend and remembered why I hated it. It had this really heavy feel when you would initiate run or move the camera or jump or vault over objects, like gravity was increased whereas in ac3/4 it was more free flowing and responsed to when I reacted. Except for the parkour up and down I thought that ac3/4 had a much better parkour system. Syndicate felt a bit better but still had similar issues. How does this feel in comparision? if you say it feels like ac4 I will be happy!

2) Any word on how they're structuring assassinations or how many we can expect in the main path? AC1, AC4, unity and syndicate did these well, want to know if the focus is still there.

3) Any thoughts on the main character? Have the devs hinted at any future plans for him such as the rumour of a trilogy? I want a few games with a set of characters. I still wish we had a second game with the frye twins set in another part of UK and to see their home town crawley (That's my home town too!).

Many thanks!

1) personally, I thought the parkour felt much lighter in this one compared to syndicate, they have taken some notes from WD2 free flow parkour I believe, there were some neat , fluid animations

2) We did not play any assassination missions, so no idea

3) I guess he is idealistic/cultural like Connor, at same time he is focussed like Altair/Haytham. So far I like his character, he is no BS type character. He has a goal, and he wants to achieve it.

jayjay275
06-16-2017, 09:56 PM
Looks like multiple save slots are in guys - watch Loomer's interview on his YouTube channel. On a side note, we all would like ambient music and since we are asking for it, why doesn't somebody tweet Ashrafs to ask him about ambient music? I don't have a Twitter account, but I'm sure if he got enough messages about ambient music he'd reply.

GR_Magaki
06-16-2017, 10:08 PM
Looks like multiple save slots are in guys - watch Loomer's interview on his YouTube channel. On a side note, we all would like ambient music and since we are asking for it, why doesn't somebody tweet Ashrafs to ask him about ambient music? I don't have a Twitter account, but I'm sure if he got enough messages about ambient music he'd reply.
I thought ambient music was confirmed already, was it not?

LoyalACFan
06-16-2017, 11:32 PM
Multiple save slots are 100% confirmed to be back, just so you all know.

You mentioned that parkour up / down are basically still there which I am SO happy about. If I am correct, you would press X to jump gaps as well? Does parkour down work similarly, in that you would do a short jump to get to the ground, or is that mapped to X? Is the parkour smooth and do you go where you want to go? Can you rebound off walls etc like in the classic AC's?

Thanks a lot for the detailed info!

Yes, you use X to jump gaps (with the exception of jumping between boats; you just press the stick forward for that, holding X makes Bayek dive into the Nile). Parkour down, if we're still calling it that, typically has Bayek sort of hang down off a ledge, and then drop (kind of like Revelations where you slide off a ledge to hang with the hookblade if you run off while holding O, except it's more fluid so you can just keep holding left stick + O to descend all the way to the ground). He typically doesn't hop straight to the ground like Arno, he usually does a quick ledge grab first and lowers himself down. As for wall ejects, I'm going to say no. Pressing X boosts you into open windows (like L2 in Syndicate) so I doubt there's another purpose for that button, since high profile is gone.

Yes, the devs said ambient music is in, but like I said, I couldn't tell much about the sound.

Is the side-eject back? (e.g. running up a wall to then grab a ledge perpendicular to it)

Did you notice anything in the interface that suggests that the in-game simulation might be on a 'Helix' device?

Don't know about side ejects. And I can't say anything about Helix, sorry. I don't really know anything that's not common knowledge already, but I'm pretty sure Ubi has snipers posted all around me in case I say anything about Modern Day :p

Are there just outfits for customisation or can you get individual pieces like Unity? From what I've seen it looks like there's only an outfit slot, but the GameInformer said something about "costume elements and outfits", so I'm a bit confused.

It's full outfits. The "costume elements" thing is misleading, but I assume it comes from the fact that you can use loot and hunting goods to upgrade parts of Bayek's uniform (e.g. bracers, breastplate, bow stabilizer, hidden blade) for better stats. With the exception of the hidden blade, which Ashraf said will include a visual component to its upgrades, I'm pretty sure none of the other stuff will actually change your appearance.

Also how do you go into crouch mode? Is it left trigger like Unity?

Is there a hard cover system like Unity or is it more like Syndicate, or is there even a cover system at all? If there is, are there corner assassinations?

Crouch is R3. There is a cover system (soft, like Syndicate) and yes, corner assassinations are back.

Hi, LoyalACFan! I'm loving everything about this game so far, but I'm concerned about two things: combat and animations.

Some animations look unfinished, and yes I know it's meant to be Alpha gameplay but I'm curious what your view is on it and what do you think of combat compared to the other games? What is your favourite combat system and how does this compare, at least in AC terms? Do you think it plays better as a whole compared to Syndicate and maybe even Unity?

I'm pretty sure some animations are unfinished (it being alpha gameplay and all) but yes, it plays much, much smoother than both Syndicate and Unity. The combat system is so utterly different from any of the previous games that it's impossible to even compare it to them. It's more like a combination of The Witcher III and Bloodborne.

Thanks for the great thread and YAY! to almost everything you wrote.

How does [climbing] feel? The climbing in the videos looks weightless and disconnected.

Not sure what you mean by disconnected, but it certainly doesn't feel weightless.There is a more tactile sensation to climbing than there ever was in AC3-Rogue. It's faster, so maybe that's why it looks floatier, but I never got the sense that Bayek was filled with helium while climbing like I did with Connor. Plus, you can actually f*ck up and fall off of buildings again. There's not as much of a hard-coded safety net anymore.

How is Senu integrated? Does it feel tacked on like launching a drone? Or more "natural" like Eagle Vision? Is it gimmicky?

I mean, controlling a flying eagle is sort of inherently a gimmick, but that doesn't mean it isn't fun or useful. He's very easy to control, and super quick to launch (no awkward animated launch like Marcus' drone, just tap Up and you're immediately Senu, about 20 feet over Bayek's head). So yeah, I'd say it feels very natural. I like it a lot better than just seeing through walls like Batman.

Awesome summary, thanks for sharing.

This is crazy^^^ Defo need some confirmation

Let me just quickly clarify this; one of the comdevs held up a rectangular box meant to represent the Egypt map, and drew a circle around an area that would be approximately the size of London. Nobody ever actually said 10%, that's just my estimation of the size of the area they circled. So if that 10% figure is a little off, don't hold it against the devs. A more official estimation said that the map was about the size of Black Flag's naval map, except 100% explorable. The demo area we were allowed to play in was over 1000 meters across, and it was only a tiny piece of the map. So yeah, the map is huge, and I think my initial guess at London's relative size is about right, but I don't have hard numbers on it. Just wanted to nip that one in the bud in case the "London is 10%" line was accepted as gospel, and turns out not to be true. Suffice it to say, nobody will be disappointed with the map being too small.

To be completely honest, I'm not at all well-versed on the history of Egypt during that era, but there are certainly NPC's from various different cultures. Most of the characters in the missions were Egyptian, but I also spoke with a Greek spy in one of them. The enemies I fought in the towns were soldiers of Ptolemy XIII.

I think that's all of the questions answered. If you have more, or if I missed yours, let me know ;)

GR_Magaki
06-17-2017, 12:13 AM
I suppose the demo didn't have any other outfits available but do you know if legacy outfits will be back?

AnthonyA85
06-17-2017, 03:31 AM
Nice to see some of this new information, I haven't been on these forums in a long while.

I saw the 20 minute E3 demo on YT the other day and really liked what I saw, seemed to be a mix of elements from AC1 and Syndicate, really liking the Eagle now being used as 'eagle vision' as apposed to x-ray vision.

Since i've been away from the forums so long, I might have missed this if it was asked and answered else where, but for those lucky few who had the chance to play the demo at E3, my question is this:

Q: Are Micro-transactions still a thing? Or have they finally been removed?

Reason I ask is, I didn't buy Unity or Syndicate, but i know one of them had Micro-Transactions, and was one of the reasons i didn't buy the game in question. Last Ubi title i got was Black Flag (and i didn't even finish that game's story, just spent all my time sailing round the ocean map :P)

My other question is more gameplay related:

Q: How does the notoriety system work now? Is it similar to AC1 or a mix of AC1 and AC2-4?

Th3Hound
06-17-2017, 03:51 AM
Are you able to free aim ranged weapons while on a mount or is it forced lock on?

HDinHB
06-17-2017, 05:29 AM

Based on what people are saying so far, it sounds like there is some ambient music:

wrong!...ambient music is in guys...atleast some of the time....
Great stuff...it does seem to fade in and out though

So from all I've seen what I gather is:

Pros:
-Ambient music is back to some extent at least (soundtrack is sounding good overall too)

Yes, the devs said ambient music is in, but like I said, I couldn't tell much about the sound.

Not sure what you mean by disconnected, but it certainly doesn't feel weightless.There is a more tactile sensation to climbing than there ever was in AC3-Rogue. It's faster, so maybe that's why it looks floatier, but I never got the sense that Bayek was filled with helium while climbing like I did with Connor. Plus, you can actually f*ck up and fall off of buildings again. There's not as much of a hard-coded safety net anymore.

Sounds promising! By disconnected, I mean the player (me) not feeling connected to the character. It still makes me laugh when trying to make Ezio do a climb-leap that is too far, and he will stretch, looking up for the next handhold that is just out reach, and then he shrugs and sinks back down. I can almost hear him say "Eff that, I can't reach that." You feel like the character is really climbing something. Part of that is the weightlessness, part of it is the fear of falling, and part of it is having to actually control the character.

I was disappointed when one of the interviewers pointed out there didn't seem to be specific handholds and Ash replied that they intentionally designed the game so everything could be climbed: "any surface...anywhere...the most seamless experience..." There needs to be some challenge to climbing...the past several games you could just tape your thumbstick up and go make a sandwich and come back and find your Assassin on the roof.

I mean, controlling a flying eagle is sort of inherently a gimmick, but that doesn't mean it isn't fun or useful. He's very easy to control, and super quick to launch (no awkward animated launch like Marcus' drone, just tap Up and you're immediately Senu, about 20 feet over Bayek's head). So yeah, I'd say it feels very natural. I like it a lot better than just seeing through walls like Batman.

Yeah, it's totally a gimmick, I just don't want it to feel like a gimmick! :rolleyes: Sounds like they have integrated it in a non-immersion-breaking way.

Thanks again for sharing your experience!

PhilyG213
06-17-2017, 05:33 AM
Have you guys been in the desert? Are there any sand storms?

IsAZebraACat
06-17-2017, 10:12 AM
-There is an unlockable skill that allows you to sleep dart animals, walk up to them while they're asleep, and tame them so that they follow you around. Sadly, this skill was still way beyond my character level in the demo, so I wasn't able to try it out.

Was there any indication on what sort of animals this skill applies to?

Trying not to get my hopes up now but if you can tame any animal that exists in the game that alone would make this the best video game ever published.

I'm googling all the animals that could have been found in Egypt at this time period.

pacmanate
06-17-2017, 11:25 AM
I'm gonna tame a hippo and hopefully ride it into battle

HDinHB
06-17-2017, 08:58 PM
I'm gonna tame a hippo and hopefully ride it into battle

This needs to be a thing.

But it could end badly.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/89/4f/7a/894f7a67ed69abece365dde66cdffda3.jpg

or worse:

http://img.ii4.ru/images/2013/04/02/346895__.jpg

Hippo naval combat!

(not hippo navel combat)

quanzaizai
06-18-2017, 01:03 AM
is there any environemt takedown? since the combat has changed

Megas_Doux
06-18-2017, 01:09 AM
This needs to be a thing.

But it could end badly.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/89/4f/7a/894f7a67ed69abece365dde66cdffda3.jpg

If this is not in the game as a Hippo attack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw5GVLbZzs0

I riot.

LoyalACFan
06-18-2017, 05:08 AM
Have you guys been in the desert? Are there any sand storms?

Only spent a little bit of time in the desert, unfortunately. No storms that I saw, but they're probably in.

Was there any indication on what sort of animals this skill applies to?

Nope. I'm assuming it's probably just the big, dangerous ones (i.e. no taming ibises :p)

Sounds promising! By disconnected, I mean the player (me) not feeling connected to the character. It still makes me laugh when trying to make Ezio do a climb-leap that is too far, and he will stretch, looking up for the next handhold that is just out reach, and then he shrugs and sinks back down. I can almost hear him say "Eff that, I can't reach that." You feel like the character is really climbing something. Part of that is the weightlessness, part of it is the fear of falling, and part of it is having to actually control the character.

I was disappointed when one of the interviewers pointed out there didn't seem to be specific handholds and Ash replied that they intentionally designed the game so everything could be climbed: "any surface...anywhere...the most seamless experience..." There needs to be some challenge to climbing...the past several games you could just tape your thumbstick up and go make a sandwich and come back and find your Assassin on the roof.

Yeah, it's not like the Ezio games where you have to search out handholds, but IMO they've brought back a bit of challenge in that you can actually fall off of buildings. You can actually mess up and die, so it's not as automatic as AC3 and its successors.

I suppose the demo didn't have any other outfits available but do you know if legacy outfits will be back?

Legacy outfits are confirmed. No word on which ones are included, though.

Q: Are Micro-transactions still a thing? Or have they finally been removed?

Q: How does the notoriety system work now? Is it similar to AC1 or a mix of AC1 and AC2-4?

I don't know about microtransactions, but I don't think there's a notoriety system at all, actually.

is there any environemt takedown? since the combat has changed

Kind of. I only saw one, and it was in a special context, so I'm not sure if they're a regular thing.

jayjay275
06-18-2017, 07:07 AM
How dense are hiding spots this time? Can you actually be hidden in bushes and grass or is it like AC3 where you are crouching in plain sight?

SixKeys
06-18-2017, 07:31 AM
How dense are hiding spots this time? Can you actually be hidden in bushes and grass or is it like AC3 where you are crouching in plain sight?

It's a mix. As you can see in the walkthrough videos, you have some mid-tall grass that realistically shouldn't be able to hide you from sight, which looks pretty dumb. But you also have some larger shrubbery and wheat fields similar to AC4.

Sushiglutton
06-18-2017, 08:56 AM
Curious to hear what you all thought about the AI.

It looks dumb as bricks, I have to say. The AI does not seem capable of tracking the player at all. It's very passive and don't come after you in many instances it should. It also looks like you can run away in combat and reheal and the AI can't do much about it. I've noticed that they sometimes draw their bows but it seems very slow. You seem to be able to expolit the AI a ton in the game. Animal AI is kind of buggy and twitchy.

But I haven't played it, does it feel different with a controller in your hand?

PhilyG213
06-18-2017, 09:11 AM
Do you have any idea how the database looks like in this game? Is it more like in the Ezio games where it tells you how much you have to find based on the empty slots or is it like any other game where you get entries from time to time based on how you explore and where you travel to?

jayjay275
06-18-2017, 09:15 AM
It's a mix. As you can see in the walkthrough videos, you have some mid-tall grass that realistically shouldn't be able to hide you from sight, which looks pretty dumb. But you also have some larger shrubbery and wheat fields similar to AC4.

Interesting that is I suppose. Yeah, I remember watching that Walkthrough Demo and feeling a bit disappointed that the grass did little to hide Bayek. I'm glad to hear that there is larger shrubbery and some wheat fields now. At least there is more to hide in than Syndicate and Unity, granted they didn't really have the environments for that. It brings me my next question, is social stealth completely gone? Can we no longer blend into crowds?

It looks dumb as bricks, I have to say. The AI does not seem capable of tracking the player at all. It's very passive and don't come after you in many instances it should. It also looks like you can run away in combat and reheal and the AI can't do much about it. I've noticed that they sometimes draw their bows but it seems very slow. You seem to be able to expolit the AI a ton in the game. Animal AI is kind of buggy and twitchy.

I know I haven't played the game yet, but A.I has always been an issue in AC games. I remember the E3 demo for Unity when you have to kill Captain Xavier and you pass by the guards who're playing chess in a building and a guard who is directly looking at you and is within 3 or 4 metres doesn't even function. Guards in AC2, at least from the rerun I am doing, actually functioned quite well.

SixKeys
06-18-2017, 09:20 AM

AI definitely still needs work. Hiding from enemies is still too easy. I have a feeling they made the enemies somewhat easier in the demo on purpose, so hopefully that means the AI won't be quite as oblivious in the final game.

Enemies drawing their bows feels fine to me since they can now attack in groups. You think you're doing well when fighting against a swordsman one on one, then notice your health being depleted from afar by an archer with a quick draw. Enemies with melee weapons may be able to take out their bows if they notice you're holding back, but they're obviously not as efficient with them as archers.

As for running away to heal, it actually works the same as in AC1 which is fine with me. You can only heal up to one full bar, you can't regain all three bars until the end of the battle.

SixKeys
06-18-2017, 10:54 AM
Interesting that is I suppose. Yeah, I remember watching that Walkthrough Demo and feeling a bit disappointed that the grass did little to hide Bayek. I'm glad to hear that there is larger shrubbery and some wheat fields now. At least there is more to hide in than Syndicate and Unity, granted they didn't really have the environments for that. It brings me my next question, is social stealth completely gone? Can we no longer blend into crowds?

Yep, social stealth is gone. :( This was a major disappointment to me, and I was concerned they removed it because they didn't think it was "cool" enough for an action RPG anymore. Ashraf assured me this wasn't the case, though. They really tried to keep it in, but in the end it wasn't working with the sparsely populated world they were creating. He said they had to go with what made more sense for the time period and the revamped gameplay systems. The devs are still fans of the social stealth idea though, although they recognize that it isn't perfect. Ashraf said that if/when they bring it back in the future, it'll probably have to be properly revamped like the combat was for Origins.

joshoolhorst
06-18-2017, 12:52 PM
Are there fist fights?

ladosefan
06-18-2017, 04:35 PM
Sorry if it has been asked before but do you have any idea if level scaling of the enemies will be an option?

jayjay275
06-18-2017, 05:24 PM
Yep, social stealth is gone. :( This was a major disappointment to me, and I was concerned they removed it because they didn't think it was "cool" enough for an action RPG anymore. Ashraf assured me this wasn't the case, though. They really tried to keep it in, but in the end it wasn't working with the sparsely populated world they were creating. He said they had to go with what made more sense for the time period and the revamped gameplay systems. The devs are still fans of the social stealth idea though, although they recognize that it isn't perfect. Ashraf said that if/when they bring it back in the future, it'll probably have to be properly revamped like the combat was for Origins.

Well, that's a damn shame. I suppose I expected it though. Hoepfully they bring it back all revamped and better than before. Thanks for the response. :)

Megas_Doux
06-18-2017, 06:10 PM

I'm not asking to have Hitman levels of AI, just an Improvement. Which I Guess is the problem with AC in general. The franchise has THAT many mechanics that revamp all of them during with just one year off seems to be impossible.....

PS You just gave me an idea for a thread.

RVSage
06-18-2017, 06:25 PM
Are there fist fights?

yes you can fight with your bare fists

Megas_Doux
06-18-2017, 06:28 PM
Using Senu is mandatory or optional?

Th3Hound
06-18-2017, 06:34 PM
Are there actual throwing knives we can use aside from the chain takedown animation?

AnthonyA85
06-18-2017, 06:55 PM
Using Senu is mandatory or optional?

Well, from what has been revealed so far, Senu is now literally the 'Eagle Vision' mode, so no more x-raying the terrain. And from what has been revealed so far, there will be situations where we'll have to use her to find things/people, but for most of the game, just like traditional eagle vision, her usage will be more or less purely optional i think.

I know i'll be using her a lot though, if only to look at the scenery :P

SixKeys
06-18-2017, 10:53 PM
Are there actual throwing knives we can use aside from the chain takedown animation?

Didn't see any in the demo, I think sleep darts may have replaced them. Although it's possible there are still weapons we haven't been shown yet.

crusader_prophet
06-18-2017, 11:38 PM
Yep, social stealth is gone. :( This was a major disappointment to me, and I was concerned they removed it because they didn't think it was "cool" enough for an action RPG anymore. Ashraf assured me this wasn't the case, though.

This does not make sense to me. They say you can play the game any way you want, and that this game is supposed to provide lore and context about the origins of everything legacy we hold characteristic of the brotherhood. Then they take away one of the pillars of the series? "Hide in plain sight" is all about social stealth. And they didn't bother to flesh that part out via a mission? Not shoe Bayek came to create these tenets for the brotherhood? I'll understand if there is no social stealth in the beginning because Bayek is a well known man, so it'll be discordant to have social stealth in the beginning. But as the game progresses and he unravels the main plot of the game and in the process I'm assuming establishes the brotherhood and it's tenets, wouldn't it make sense to have social stealth in the latter part of the game? This is very disconcerting to me.

SixKeys
06-18-2017, 11:47 PM
This does not make sense to me. They say you can play the game any way you want, and that this game is supposed to provide lore and context about the origins of everything legacy we hold characteristic of the brotherhood. Then they take away one of the pillars of the series? "Hide in plain sight" is all about social stealth. And they didn't bother to flesh that part out via a mission? Not shoe Bayek came to create these tenets for the brotherhood? I'll understand if there is no social stealth in the beginning because Bayek is a well known man, so it'll be discordant to have social stealth in the beginning. But as the game progresses and he unravels the main plot of the game and in the process I'm assuming establishes the brotherhood and it's tenets, wouldn't it make sense to have social stealth in the latter part of the game? This is very disconcerting to me.

Believe me, I brought up all that stuff too. :p From what I understood, they were having some trouble making the mechanics work together what with certain elements being completely revamped. You know, you change one piece of code and it breaks a dozen other things. I'm not happy about it either, but I believe Ash when he says he and the team love social stealth and would have kept it if they could have. I absolutely don't want them to dump it for good, though. It's one of the few things that makes AC unique.

Megas_Doux
06-19-2017, 12:49 AM
Believe me, I brought up all that stuff too. :p From what I understood, they were having some trouble making the mechanics work together what with certain elements being completely revamped. You know, you change one piece of code and it breaks a dozen other things. I'm not happy about it either, but I believe Ash when he says he and the team love social stealth and would have kept it if they could have. I absolutely don't want them to dump it for good, though. It's one of the few things that makes AC unique.

I have a theory that, because of time, the developers had to choose between improving combat or stealth, with the former being the victor, so to speak.

GhostAssassinLT
06-19-2017, 05:13 AM
They say you can play the game any way you want..
They said the same about GR:W, but guess what... You can't play it the way you want...:rolleyes:

Locopells
06-19-2017, 09:01 AM
Sure you can. I wavered between long range stealth, and driving a tank through the gates, when doing camps.

cawatrooper9
06-19-2017, 02:12 PM
Sorry I'm late to the party, but I had a pretty busy weekend. I played about 2.5 hours of Origins last week, was very impressed. If anyone has any questions that have not been answered yet, let me know- and, of course, I'll be giving a more detailed response this week!

Also, it was great meeting Loyal, RV, Six, Eri, and the other AC people (and the Ubisoft people in general from all the games!

Samurai587
06-19-2017, 03:06 PM
Sorry I'm late to the party, but I had a pretty busy weekend. I played about 2.5 hours of Origins last week, was very impressed. If anyone has any questions that have not been answered yet, let me know- and, of course, I'll be giving a more detailed response this week!

Also, it was great meeting Loyal, RV, Six, Eri, and the other AC people (and the Ubisoft people in general from all the games!

1) Can you interact with peasants and other people around the city?
2) Do you have abilities to change outfits?
3) Is there more side content to the village than what has been shown?
4) Can you visit temples, do offerings etc? - A trick question but it would be awesome if you could do so.
5) Could you explore more of the map or were you just constricted to the village?
6) Is this the latest build or a very old build?
7) Did the Developers reassure you that the game on launch would be bug free and have a great story?
8) Are they going to reveal more?
10) Is combat difficult?

cawatrooper9
06-19-2017, 03:27 PM
1) Can you interact with peasants and other people around the city?
2) Do you have abilities to change outfits?
3) Is there more side content to the village than what has been shown?
4) Can you visit temples, do offerings etc? - A trick question but it would be awesome if you could do so.
5) Could you explore more of the map or were you just constricted to the village?
6) Is this the latest build or a very old build?
7) Did the Developers reassure you that the game on launch would be bug free and have a great story?
8) Are they going to reveal more?
10) Is combat difficult?

Haha, good (and tough!) questions! I'll do my best, maybe I'll be able to expand on my answers a little bit in the future.

1) Depends on what you mean. One of the first things I did in the demo was I tried attacking a peasant. I was able to kill him. Don't know what that says about me, but it seems that the crowds may be more reactive this time around. :p

2) Ah, good question. I do not believe that I had the ability to do so in the demo. Not sure what more I'm allowed to say, but I think some of that question may be in that leaked Game Informer article...

3) Again, not sure how much I can say, but the demo on the E3 floor was, as most demos are, not indicative of everything that the full product will offer.

4) Good question! Unfortunately, I didn't try that.

5) The area of the map that we were in for the demo was actually set around a wide section of the Nile- I remember there being stuff on both sides of the river. By the way, the river itself is an absolute treat.

6) As far as I know, it's Alpha. I'm sure that the devs are well into Beta now, but it's probably not playable yet.

7) They didn't specifically reassure us that the game would be bug free, but no one really asked that question (overall, the gameplay was pretty smooth in the demo, though). As far as story goes- I know very little of the actual story so far, but when asked specifically about the process by which they went about crafting a story in relation to its historical context, they gave me a pretty satisfying answer. Depending on where you feel in the issue inspired in this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1672701-How-Should-AC-handle-its-Historical-Settings), I think you'll be happy.

8) I do not know what their plans are for future reveals and marketing, but I'd keep an eye out at Gamescon this year.

9) Ah, not a fan of this number, I see :p

10) Definitely, but I really enjoyed it. I've been advised that the controls are subject to change, but currently a light attack is mapped to the upper right trigger, and a heavy attack to the lower one. You can attack without bringing up your shield, but it's required to lock on, so it's suggested. Overall, I'd say it's the most complex (and possibly most enjoyable) combat in the series. If I had to compare it to something, I'd say Unity- but it feels much better than Unity, in my opinion, and as I said, it's far more complex.

JakeyChappers
06-19-2017, 04:16 PM
Whoops, kind of a bad connection here, accidentally double-posted. Rookie mistake! :p

When you mentioned about the shield, any chance you know if you can engage in combat with weapons NOT holding the shield also? or did you always see the shield being used in the left hand aswell as a weapon?

cawatrooper9
06-19-2017, 04:24 PM
When you mentioned about the shield, any chance you know if you can engage in combat with weapons NOT holding the shield also? or did you always see the shield being used in the left hand aswell as a weapon?

The game, as seen also in the demo trailers, offers some pretty significant item customization. During my play of a demo, one of the items I looted was a new shield. I equipped it, but unfortunately didn't think to check if I could totally unequip the shield.

You can attack without holding up your shield, though- it's just how you lock on. Think Legend of Zelda, I guess.

JakeyChappers
06-19-2017, 04:37 PM
The game, as seen also in the demo trailers, offers some pretty significant item customization. During my play of a demo, one of the items I looted was a new shield. I equipped it, but unfortunately didn't think to check if I could totally unequip the shield.

You can attack without holding up your shield, though- it's just how you lock on. Think Legend of Zelda, I guess.

Yeah really hard to find confirmation on this, I'd like the option of just holding a sword/spear with the shield on your back still, again this was an early build so that may have changed

Samurai587
06-19-2017, 10:22 PM
Haha, good (and tough!) questions! I'll do my best, maybe I'll be able to expand on my answers a little bit in the future.

1) Depends on what you mean. One of the first things I did in the demo was I tried attacking a peasant. I was able to kill him. Don't know what that says about me, but it seems that the crowds may be more reactive this time around. :p

2) Ah, good question. I do not believe that I had the ability to do so in the demo. Not sure what more I'm allowed to say, but I think some of that question may be in that leaked Game Informer article...

3) Again, not sure how much I can say, but the demo on the E3 floor was, as most demos are, not indicative of everything that the full product will offer.

4) Good question! Unfortunately, I didn't try that.

5) The area of the map that we were in for the demo was actually set around a wide section of the Nile- I remember there being stuff on both sides of the river. By the way, the river itself is an absolute treat.

6) As far as I know, it's Alpha. I'm sure that the devs are well into Beta now, but it's probably not playable yet.

7) They didn't specifically reassure us that the game would be bug free, but no one really asked that question (overall, the gameplay was pretty smooth in the demo, though). As far as story goes- I know very little of the actual story so far, but when asked specifically about the process by which they went about crafting a story in relation to its historical context, they gave me a pretty satisfying answer. Depending on where you feel in the issue inspired in this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1672701-How-Should-AC-handle-its-Historical-Settings), I think you'll be happy.

8) I do not know what their plans are for future reveals and marketing, but I'd keep an eye out at Gamescon this year.

9) Ah, not a fan of this number, I see :p

10) Definitely, but I really enjoyed it. I've been advised that the controls are subject to change, but currently a light attack is mapped to the upper right trigger, and a heavy attack to the lower one. You can attack without bringing up your shield, but it's required to lock on, so it's suggested. Overall, I'd say it's the most complex (and possibly most enjoyable) combat in the series. If I had to compare it to something, I'd say Unity- but it feels much better than Unity, in my opinion, and as I said, it's far more complex.

Thanks!

I mean by interacting with villages, are you given choices, or can you talk with other villagers?
Were there any bugs that you noticed?
Would love to see the river, its awesome.
Were there any more story missions, or was it just what they showed at E3?
Ashraf mentioned that he wanted the player to get lost - did you get too immersed into the gameplay and less into the story? Could you travel to Alexandria(or was that restricted as well?)

cawatrooper9
06-19-2017, 10:37 PM
Thanks!

I mean by interacting with villages, are you given choices, or can you talk with other villagers?

Ah, I see. From the demo I was in, I do not remember any instances where I could specifically interact with any random NPC.

Were there any bugs that you noticed?
At some points, the animations while freeclimbing cliffs can force Bayek to climb straight up air for like a second, causing him to lose his handhold on the actual cliff hitboxes. Maybe happened 2 or 3 times.

Were there any more story missions, or was it just what they showed at E3?
Again, there were a couple different versions of the demo. I believe the larger one that I played has been leaked a little bit by someone, but I'd rather not give out any specifics on it, just in case.

Ashraf mentioned that he wanted the player to get lost - did you get too immersed into the gameplay and less into the story?

Definitely. Exploration was a blast. Like I was referring to the Nile- in my first demo on the E3 floor and later in the other demo, I spent a ton of time just on the river and diving below it.

Could you travel to Alexandria(or was that restricted as well?)

The area (Fayium) was pretty big, but it was just a fraction of the map as a whole. We were deep in the south, so I definitely didn't get close to Alexandria. The locales looked really cool, but I'm sure the larger cities (and pyramids) will be amazing to see.

SixKeys
06-20-2017, 06:14 AM
Even some areas of Faiyum were off-limits. There were several ruins and small villages in the distance or just off to the side that I tried to reach. I got the notification "Discovered (area name here)", but before I could investigate further, I was stopped by Animus walls. The demos are just small parts of the same general area.

There were several side quest givers I ran into, but most of them were not available in the demo. I would be exploring, spot an exclamation mark above someone's head, but unable to interact with them. There was one man muttering to himself like he was crazy/scared, something about the gods being angry and fearing their punishment.

As for bugs, I didn't run into any game-breaking ones, but there were some animation glitches of guards on horseback galloping fullspeed into a wall and stuff like that. In some places sound effects or dialogue was still missing because those things are usually among the last to be implemented into the game. I'm not too worried about it, as I remember the Black Flag demo also missing some sound effects and people freaking out about it.

BananaBlighter
06-20-2017, 09:01 AM
Ah yes, I have one question that's very important to me but I completely forgot to ask: are there non-lethal stealth takedowns?

ladosefan
06-20-2017, 09:28 AM
Ah yes, I have one question that's very important to me but I completely forgot to ask: are there non-lethal stealth takedowns?

Yes!Ashraf confirmed it on twitter

BananaBlighter
06-20-2017, 09:49 AM
Yes!Ashraf confirmed it on twitter

Thanks! I was worrying that they'd been removed so this is great to hear. I also hope that you can use arrows like Syndicate's throwing knives to create distractions, because if I intend to play non-lethal, being able to divert a guard's attention is very important.

JakeyChappers
06-20-2017, 10:13 AM
Thanks! I was worrying that they'd been removed so this is great to hear. I also hope that you can use arrows like Syndicate's throwing knives to create distractions, because if I intend to play non-lethal, being able to divert a guard's attention is very important.

The whistle is interesting, they said it's only for calling your mount but if you whistle it will still distract guards. They didn't elaborate though so i'm not sure if every time you whistle to distract a guard your Camel just casually rocks up into the fortress you're sneaking around

BananaBlighter
06-20-2017, 11:02 AM
The whistle is interesting, they said it's only for calling your mount but if you whistle it will still distract guards. They didn't elaborate though so i'm not sure if every time you whistle to distract a guard your Camel just casually rocks up into the fortress you're sneaking around

I think holding the whistle down calls your mount while pressing it works like a distraction iirc. While the whistle is useful for non-lethal (and honestly a bit OP for regular stealth), I still need a tool which can cause a distraction elsewhere. In Syndicate the throwing knife didn't have a lot of range, so I ended up using the voltaic bomb instead (which can function a bit like a cherry bomb). I might use the fire bombs in ACO in a similar fashion.

Samurai587
06-20-2017, 01:32 PM
Ah, I see. From the demo I was in, I do not remember any instances where I could specifically interact with any random NPC.

At some points, the animations while freeclimbing cliffs can force Bayek to climb straight up air for like a second, causing him to lose his handhold on the actual cliff hitboxes. Maybe happened 2 or 3 times.

Again, there were a couple different versions of the demo. I believe the larger one that I played has been leaked a little bit by someone, but I'd rather not give out any specifics on it, just in case.

Definitely. Exploration was a blast. Like I was referring to the Nile- in my first demo on the E3 floor and later in the other demo, I spent a ton of time just on the river and diving below it.

The area (Fayium) was pretty big, but it was just a fraction of the map as a whole. We were deep in the south, so I definitely didn't get close to Alexandria. The locales looked really cool, but I'm sure the larger cities (and pyramids) will be amazing to see.

Thank you, cannot wait for more game play reveal. I feel as if this game is going to be a sucess. I trust the team on it and I don't want a buggy release like Unity.

JWRK
06-20-2017, 01:34 PM
Can you pet the animals?

PhilyG213
06-20-2017, 01:43 PM
Can you pet the animals?

I haven't played the game but I did watch some playthroughs were people met dogs and cats and even tried to pet them but weren't able to. Maybe they'll fix that or maybe not.

cawatrooper9
06-20-2017, 02:25 PM

Absolutely, I did this several times to draw guards to an area where I could then drown them in oil and fire.

So... not quite as nonlethal as you wanted in this particular case, but the mechanics definitely allow for it. :p

m4r-k7
06-20-2017, 03:55 PM
To anybody who has played AC:O - How does parkour down (or whatever "B" is called on the controller) work? Do you drop down to the ground in one animation (like with parkour down in Unity or Syndicate), or do you just hang on the edge of a ledge (like in AC 1 - AC 4)? I have seen in some videos that Bayek will drop to the ground but I was unsure whether this was initiated with the parkour button, or with the "drop" button.

RVSage
06-20-2017, 04:14 PM
To anybody who has played AC:O - How does parkour down (or whatever "B" is called on the controller) work? Do you drop down to the ground in one animation (like with parkour down in Unity or Syndicate), or do you just hang on the edge of a ledge (like in AC 1 - AC 4)? I have seen in some videos that Bayek will drop to the ground but I was unsure whether this was initiated with the parkour button, or with the "drop" button.

Yes and No the landscape is different from unity and Syndicate, In some areas I remember it being like Unity, in some areas I would just ledge down, we may need to be in a city area like Alexandria, to get a better feel for it

m4r-k7
06-20-2017, 04:18 PM
Yes and No the landscape is different from unity and Syndicate, In some areas I remember it being like Unity, in some areas I would just ledge down, we may need to be in a city area like Alexandria, to get a better feel for it

Yeah thats what I imagined it was like from the gameplay videos, thanks :)

cawatrooper9
06-20-2017, 05:19 PM
In fact, as Loyal mentioned, the game is much less forgiving when it comes to jumping off ledges- if you attempt to parkour up in a direction where it won't work (such as at the edge of a cliff, where parkour down would have been the much more sensible option) you'll find that you can pretty easily fall from great heights.

This happened to me once in gameplay. I don't think I've ever been so happy to fall in a video game. Feels like a nice return to form for AC parkour.

m4r-k7
06-20-2017, 05:51 PM
In fact, as Loyal mentioned, the game is much less forgiving when it comes to jumping off ledges- if you attempt to parkour up in a direction where it won't work (such as at the edge of a cliff, where parkour down would have been the much more sensible option) you'll find that you can pretty easily fall from great heights.

This happened to me once in gameplay. I don't think I've ever been so happy to fall in a video game. Feels like a nice return to form for AC parkour.

Ah this is great to hear. I am guessing pressing "A" makes Bayek jump gaps as well, or is that just pressing the analog stick forward?

cawatrooper9
06-20-2017, 07:17 PM
Ah this is great to hear. I am guessing pressing "A" makes Bayek jump gaps as well, or is that just pressing the analog stick forward?

You know, that's a good question- It's been almost a week since I've had my hands on the game, but I want to say that to jump a gap you need to have the freerun button (right trigger) pulled down as well as "A". I don't think just the freerun button cuts it anymore- but again, I can't say for sure.

HDinHB
06-20-2017, 09:59 PM
Can you pet the animals?

In Loomer's video interview with Ash, he asked this question. Ash replied you could pet your eagle. He looked pained, as if a lot more people had asked this question than expected.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1689493-My-E3-interview-with-Ashraf-Ismail-%28composers-cinematic-trailers-stealth-amp-more%29

LoyalACFan
06-21-2017, 12:35 AM
You know, that's a good question- It's been almost a week since I've had my hands on the game, but I want to say that to jump a gap you need to have the freerun button (right trigger) pulled down as well as "A". I don't think just the freerun button cuts it anymore- but again, I can't say for sure.

:confused: The right trigger is Attack now. I'm pretty sure you just hold the left stick forward to jump most gaps (definitely between boats: holding X [PS4] will make you dive). For bigger gaps that have a difference in elevation, you might have to hold X, not sure.

Th3Hound
06-21-2017, 02:50 AM
Was anybody able to pick up and use a rapid fire "Light Bow" class of bows? Hopefully they aren't too under powered.

LoyalACFan
06-21-2017, 04:38 AM
Was anybody able to pick up and use a rapid fire "Light Bow" class of bows? Hopefully they aren't too under powered.

I found one (I believe they're called Warrior Bows) but I wasn't really a fan. I think the idea is that you would use that type of bow primarily for mounted combat/chases, when you don't have time to line up a perfect headshot, but I didn't really get into any mounted fights, so I never found it particularly useful. It was pretty weak, but you could kill probably 1-2 normal guys with it before reloading, so it might have its uses. The multi-arrow "shotgun" bow was freaking badass though. I killed a whole pack of stampeding hippos with it.

I-Like-Pie45
06-21-2017, 04:41 AM
Does Baeyek make any quotes in reaction to stuff while free-roaming. Like they do in GTA.

Th3Hound
06-21-2017, 07:18 AM
I found one (I believe they're called Warrior Bows) but I wasn't really a fan. I think the idea is that you would use that type of bow primarily for mounted combat/chases, when you don't have time to line up a perfect headshot, but I didn't really get into any mounted fights, so I never found it particularly useful. It was pretty weak, but you could kill probably 1-2 normal guys with it before reloading, so it might have its uses. The multi-arrow "shotgun" bow was freaking badass though. I killed a whole pack of stampeding hippos with it.

That makes sense for them to most likely used from mounts then, probably don't even OHK with headshots , they sound fairly weak. But that does sound badass, taking down a pack of hippos.

jayjay275
06-21-2017, 08:39 AM
Does Bayek say anything in combat? I know the Witcher 3 is always drawn up for comparison, but I loved the way Geralt talked during combat. It makes the character feel more alive.

JWRK
06-21-2017, 10:21 AM
In Loomer's video interview with Ash, he asked this question. Ash replied you could pet your eagle. He looked pained, as if a lot more people had asked this question than expected.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1689493-My-E3-interview-with-Ashraf-Ismail-%28composers-cinematic-trailers-stealth-amp-more%29

Ghastly news.

cawatrooper9
06-21-2017, 09:42 PM
IThe multi-arrow "shotgun" bow was freaking badass though. I killed a whole pack of stampeding hippos with it.

Haha, man, those hippos must hate those bows. I managed to one-shot one with it.

:confused: The right trigger is Attack now. I'm pretty sure you just hold the left stick forward to jump most gaps (definitely between boats: holding X [PS4] will make you dive). For bigger gaps that have a difference in elevation, you might have to hold X, not sure.

Oh yeah, duh... :p

I assume I meant just parkour down button and direction on the stick. Like I said, it's been a few days. ;)

LoyalACFan
06-22-2017, 08:26 AM
Does Baeyek make any quotes in reaction to stuff while free-roaming. Like they do in GTA.

I believe he does. Not to the extent of what you saw in the Siwa demo though (i.e. no commenting on the towns he's entering, etc) I think that was just for the demo.

Does Bayek say anything in combat? I know the Witcher 3 is always drawn up for comparison, but I loved the way Geralt talked during combat. It makes the character feel more alive.

If memory serves, he does grunt and shout like Altair did in combat. Not 100% sure on that one though.

jayjay275
06-22-2017, 09:28 AM
If memory serves, he does grunt and shout like Altair did in combat. Not 100% sure on that one though.

That's a start, actually. I don't recall any of the others really shouting and grunting in combat. Still, it'd be nice to get quotes. I mean Ezio had taunts which were very welcome. :)

Kiroku
06-22-2017, 12:42 PM
Merchants... Finally they are back.

I would like to see some contracts they give you for some good items in return!

My question:

Is there a crafting system? And if so did you see it and does it have complexity or is it just like "farm 3 crocos and press a button in your inventory to unlock a better bag" ?

LoyalACFan
06-23-2017, 03:23 AM
Merchants... Finally they are back.

I would like to see some contracts they give you for some good items in return!

My question:

Is there a crafting system? And if so did you see it and does it have complexity or is it just like "farm 3 crocos and press a button in your inventory to unlock a better bag" ?

Yes, there is a crafting system. I don't think it was possible to craft anything in the demo, but I looked at the requirements for a few items, and they all required a variety of different ingredients (i.e. no "collect 3 whale skins" scenario like in AC4).

Sushiglutton
06-25-2017, 11:16 AM
Remembered something I wanted to ask...

In the gameplay reveal there was a move where Bayek jumped from a tree, went into slow-mo and then fired a headshot with his bow (similiar to how it works in Zelda). I don't think I've seen any player perfoming that move. Is it a skill to unlock? Or how is it triggered? Can you always do it when in the air?

There's another move in a trailer where Bayek is riding a horse, spins 180 degrees and then fires at some enemies behind him. Can you do this move in the actual game? I think I read somehwere that you can tell your horse to follow the road. Does this mean you can then focus on archery? Is there any type of slow-mo mechanic for mounted combat?

SixKeys
06-25-2017, 11:56 AM
Remembered something I wanted to ask...
In the gameplay reveal there was a move where Bayek jumped from a tree, went into slow-mo and then fired a headshot with his bow (similiar to how it works in Zelda). I don't think I've seen any player perfoming that move. Is it a skill to unlock? Or how is it triggered? Can you always do it when in the air?

It's an unlockable skill, I believe. I've seen one video where the person shows a skill in the skill tree that allows you to attack enemies from the air. Not sure if this was the traditional air-assassinate move or the bow strike. Maybe it unlocks both.

There's another move in a trailer where Bayek is riding a horse, spins 180 degrees and then fires at some enemies behind him. Can you do this move in the actual game? I think I read somehwere that you can tell your horse to follow the road. Does this mean you can then focus on archery? Is there any type of slow-mo mechanic for mounted combat?

You can hold A to tell your horse to follow the road. I imagine this will be useful in mounted combat. Not sure about the 180 degree spin or slow-mo.

Helforsite
06-25-2017, 02:32 PM
There is a skill called "Air Attack: You can perform an attack while in the air." and then also "Elite Ranger: Aiming with your bow while in the air will trigger slow-mo." which together enable you to do that move from the demo. Air Attack apparently also enables Air Assassinations. For more info on skills: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1688130-Skill-Graph-Discussion-amp-Analysis?highlight=skill+graph