PDA

View Full Version : Buff Centurion HP

Mia.Nora
06-14-2017, 01:27 AM
You heard me right! Buff Centurion HP

Because it is the only excuse people have to defend all the bullsh*t surrounding Centurion, his low HP. Buff his HP to the same levels as Vanguards to 130~

Then nerf the hell out of his bullsh*t. Problem solved.

kweassa1
06-14-2017, 01:45 AM
Stop whining.

Problem solved.

(ps) Seriously, how many more whiney threads and posts are you planning to make on the same subject? Everyday until you get what you want?

XxHunterHxX
06-14-2017, 09:12 AM

Because it is the only excuse people have to defend all the bullsh*t surrounding Centurion, his low HP. Buff his HP to the same levels as Vanguards to 130~

not a bad ideea

KSI K9 HANDLER
06-14-2017, 09:21 AM
Ya actually that would solve many issues

Shakti.
06-14-2017, 02:12 PM
Stop whining.

Problem solved.

(ps) Seriously, how many more whiney threads and posts are you planning to make on the same subject? Everyday until you get what you want?

Actually No. Stop playing the broken character and problem solved you spoiled childs Then the problem would be solved. Cause if nobody plays the I prees 2 buttons and win brainless Hero the game is actually fun.

FootlessRhino
06-14-2017, 02:27 PM

Buffing his HP and reducing the damage would be fine by me. the glass cannon playstyle doesn't really fit his looks anyway.

Herbstlicht
06-14-2017, 02:28 PM
I got different suggestions:

- Remove his ability to guard completely.
- remove his dodge ability

I mean why would he need to defend himself? Just play offensive, he can still be effective in 4on4. Maybe people would still complain.

And yes, thats as freakin broken centurion really is.

FootlessRhino
06-14-2017, 02:37 PM
I got different suggestions:

- Remove his ability to guard completely.
- remove his dodge ability

I mean why would he need to defend himself? Just play offensive, he can still be effective in 4on4. Maybe people would still complain.

And yes, thats as freakin broken centurion really is.

hahahaha, WHAT? :D due to amount of ******s on this forum I can't actually tell if you're sarcastic or not :D

Epoqx
06-14-2017, 03:25 PM
Buffing his HP and reducing the damage would be fine by me. the glass cannon playstyle doesn't really fit his looks anyway.

He already has the lowest lights and heavies damage in game. He needs some tweeks for sure for the 4v4, but i think he needs an hp buff separately.

Gastgrinder
06-14-2017, 03:29 PM
Centurion needs distance attacks like shinobi to compensate the low HP.

FootlessRhino
06-14-2017, 03:38 PM
He already has the lowest lights and heavies damage in game. He needs some tweeks for sure for the 4v4, but i think he needs an hp buff separately.

low damage on non charged heavies is fine since they're the fastest in the game, but yes, lights are quite terrible. If his HP was buffed, they should somehow nerf his wall punish damage instead of normal heavies.

Shakti.
06-14-2017, 04:37 PM
How can people defend this horrible designed hero make no sense. The only reason I can think of is that they wanna keep stomping people without using their brain during the process. Centurion is undefendable as are it's combo. Every attack he has lead to a 50-50 (light into soft trow, heavy guardbreak cancel) His heavies are modular and you can't parry him. His punch is op as **** and you are always stunned that makes parrying the unblockable superheavy of death very difficult to parry. On top of all this crap don't forget stamina drain and if u hit a wall goodbye.
Come on is UNFAIR everyone with a little bit of experience knows that no other class has this range of doom at his disposal. Plus he has ZERO weak points.
Nobushi is clunky, Warlord has trouble engaging besides short range and so on. He litterally is ABOVE all other classes and is not FAIR to figth against a beast like that. If you loose as a centurion clearly you are not as good as you think you are. Period.

Antonioj26
06-14-2017, 04:55 PM
How can people defend this horrible designed hero make no sense. The only reason I can think of is that they wanna keep stomping people without using their brain during the process. Centurion is undefendable as are it's combo. Every attack he has lead to a 50-50 (light into soft trow, heavy guardbreak cancel) His heavies are modular and you can't parry him. His punch is op as **** and you are always stunned that makes parrying the unblockable superheavy of death very difficult to parry. On top of all this crap don't forget stamina drain and if u hit a wall goodbye.
Come on is UNFAIR everyone with a little bit of experience knows that no other class has this range of doom at his disposal. Plus he has ZERO weak points.
Nobushi is clunky, Warlord has trouble engaging besides short range and so on. He litterally is ABOVE all other classes and is not FAIR to figth against a beast like that. If you loose as a centurion clearly you are not as good as you think you are. Period.

He's not nearly as good as warlord, shin may have beat warlord at the start of S2 but we will reclaim his throne after the incoming nerfs. None of cents attacks are 50/50s, they are all reactable. Initial Lights can only lead to other lights or quick throw so all you need to do is block and cgb, stop trying to dodge when he throws lights. Heavy has a few options but again they are all reactable.

Heavy into heavy just block, don't try to parry since he can charge and let go at any time. You absolutely should never try to parry his heavies unless it's going into unblockable which brings me to his next option

Heavy into fully charged unblockable. You should parry this since once it glows orange it can't be cancelled so it's a fixed duration of 1200ms.

Heavy cancel into softfeint gb. Just cgb, the only time he should catch you with this is if you dodge too much or dodge preemptively to avoid the jab.

Heavy into jab, the only time you should be dodging the cent is when he throws the jab out which is a 700ms attack. Slower than the slowest lights in the game.

These are all reactable and some of them punishable

Shakti.
06-14-2017, 05:03 PM
I'm sorry did I give the impression that I wanted tips on how to figth the Centurion? Because I don't. I just want to see him grounded and dismantle into a shadow like it deserve.
The Centurion totally ruin the fun aspect of this game for me and many like me and I hate it from the guts. Either they give all the classes unblockable opener and all such variety or he need some major change. That's how I feel I don't give a (insert volgarity here) nor I ask for any yourapologetic lessons.

Antonioj26
06-14-2017, 05:09 PM
I'm sorry did I give the impression that I wanted tips on how to figth the Centurion? Because I don't. I just want to see him grounded and dismantle into a shadow like it deserve.
The Centurion totally ruin the fun aspect of this game for me and many like me and I hate it from the guts. Either they give all the classes unblockable opener and all such variety or he need some major change. That's how I feel I don't give a (insert volgarity here) nor I ask for any yourapologetic lessons.

I wasn't giving you advice or a lesson, I was pointing out that you are wrong.

Gastgrinder
06-14-2017, 05:16 PM
Sometimes I win against centurion, sometimes not.
In fact, it is simply no fun against cents to fight, no preference whether 1v1 or.4v4

Shakti.
06-14-2017, 05:16 PM
I wasn't giving you advice or a lesson, I was pointing out that you are wrong.

WoW solid argument. I wonder when this became personal because I hate the Centurion I don't hate you. I just don't care about your lessons or Judgement cause I prefer mine thx.

Antonioj26
06-14-2017, 05:22 PM
WoW solid argument. I wonder when this became personal because I hate the Centurion I don't hate you. I just don't care about your lessons or Judgement cause I prefer mine thx.

I already laid out my argument. You said everything he does leads to a 50/50 and I proved using hard data that he actually doesn't have a single 50/50. This isn't personal, I'll correct anyone on these forums if they say something wrong. Don't take it so personal.

Shakti.
06-14-2017, 05:25 PM
Sorry pal I looked at your stats and you are not remotely suited for making comparison after 13 kill 13 death in duel. SO again leave me alone.

Antonioj26
06-14-2017, 05:28 PM
Sorry pal I looked at your stats and you are not remotely suited for making comparison after 13 kill 13 death in duel. SO again leave me alone.

Lol, you looked at my PC stats for the one day I tried to play on PC. I actually explained exactly what happens in this thread

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1687770-Leave-penalty-solved-nothing.

the matchmaking is actually atrocious. I recently got a gaming PC and out of curiosity I thought I would test out the difference between PC and console so I bought for honor again. I didn't really intend on keeping it but I just had to get a feeling for myself what its like with 60fps. I won my first 3 duels (all against the same guy, beat him once he left the lobby and got matched with him again.) and its incredibly different than console. It's definitely a ton easier to parry lights and I understand why the turtle meta is more of a problem on PC. Next I faced off against this guy https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/PEEPEEPOO.

How in the hell is the matchmaking so bad that it pits someone whose played the game for 15 minutes against a guy who is in the top .2% time played in the top 5% of overall win rate? That is incredibly bad and I can't even fathom someone defending this. I won one match and he won 3, I realilze the community is a little bit smaller on steam but that is insane especially since at the time dueling had very high activity. Heres a link to my own stats on pc to show I'm not just making this up https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/Antonioj26. It shows that I played yesterday and reflects the wins and losses I described.

https://fhtracker.com/profile/psn/AlyssaA-3 There's my actual stats and yes I realize that's a girls name, that's my wife. I play under her acct since my cousin was playing on mine and spent all of my steel on his Orochi.

Shakti.
06-14-2017, 05:30 PM
Still don't care

Antonioj26
06-14-2017, 05:37 PM
Still don't care

WoW solid argument.
😁

Shakti.
06-14-2017, 06:01 PM
I'll try again before putting you in the attention ***** categories. I don't care of your Judgment. You cannot tell someone on a forum that is wrong. Every comment is valid because is feedback on the game
and we are already categorized im big groups. So again I have nothing against you personally (even thou you are starting to be annoying).
Centurion is the hell of the game for me and Ill try as hard to get this message trough because for me is ruining MY fun.
When I trash the centurion I aim for the potential feedback I have no interest to discuss with you if I'm rigth or wrong.
Instead you people just want to discuss personally with a random stranger on a forum for a point of wich I coudn't care less.
You think Centurion need a buff? Tell that to the Devs not me. Then go on take some quote and try to get me mad at you like I was your parent. (You are succeding BTW now go tell your dad he s wrong)

Antonioj26
06-14-2017, 06:11 PM
I'll try again before putting you in the attention ***** categories. I don't care of your Judgment. You cannot tell someone on a forum that is wrong. Every comment is valid because is feedback on the game
and we are already categorized im big groups. So again I have nothing against you personally (even thou you are starting to be annoying).
Centurion is the hell of the game for me and Ill try as hard to get this message trough because for me is ruining MY fun.
When I trash the centurion I aim for the potential feedback I have no interest to discuss with you if I'm rigth or wrong.
Instead you people just want to discuss personally with a random stranger on a forum for a point of wich I coudn't care less.
You think Centurion need a buff? Tell that to the Devs not me. Then go on take some quote and try to get me mad at you like I was your parent. (You are succeding BTW now go tell your dad he s wrong)

What judgment? I'm bringing forth facts. If I said berserker has 10 50/50 mixups I'd be wrong. You did that on a much smaller scale and I proved why you are wrong. You are taking this way too personal when I'm just laying out facts. If you said "centurion is my hardest matchup and I can't beat him often" then that's an opinion and I can't and won't tell you you are wrong. If you don't want feedback then you are going to have to tell your mom, Write it down on a piece of paper, or block everyone on here. This is a place for discussion not your echo chamber

Herbstlicht
06-14-2017, 06:14 PM
I wasn't using sarcasm. Cynism, yea, somewhat. In my opinion, centurion is playing a big part in killing this game. He kills of 4on4, so he really is unhealthy. And he could even so this if severly nerfed outside of his cc-abilities.
And the reason is freakin simple: you can hardly defend against it! The whole block or parry mechanics are useless against kicks and punches. But try dodging in 4on4 to evade damage or pretty much anything for an extended period of time. It doesn't work. Only thing working somewhat is deflect. But here, some weird tracky unblockable attacks might get through. Besides the difficulty of deflecting against multiple opponents in general. And of course I talk about a 1vs 2+ scenario. But take fighting vs Orochi an Kensei as a Lawbringer or Warlord for example. Do you fear you will die before help will arrive? Do you think you got 0 chances to beat those?
Now take 2 Centurion .. the odds of you surviving this onslaught are incredibly low in comparision. The cents needn't be passive, they can go full out attacking and kicking. In record time, you will be dead and they can move on.

I don't want a useless centurion. I just want a place I can enjoy a fun team mode without constantly loosing control of my character.

Knight_Raime
06-14-2017, 09:04 PM
If anyone is seriously defending him based on HP value alone they're just as misguided is half the complainers about centurion.
Buffing his HP won't excuse essentially destroying the kit (if we listen to a majority of the suggested nerfs to him.)

As a centurion main this is what i'd suggest:
for 4v4 add deminishing returns. that way spammed attacks (or in double cents case over lapping attacks) do less damage and have less of an effect on the person.
For 1v1 remove the light parry punish.

But. Give him a light>heavy combo, make his zone cancelable after the first hit, make his GB after a light faster/harder to tech, give superior block on charged attacks, reduce recovery on his dodge, and make his uncharged jab safe.

FootlessRhino
06-14-2017, 09:12 PM
I wasn't using sarcasm. Cynism, yea, somewhat. In my opinion, centurion is playing a big part in killing this game. He kills of 4on4, so he really is unhealthy. And he could even so this if severly nerfed outside of his cc-abilities.
And the reason is freakin simple: you can hardly defend against it! The whole block or parry mechanics are useless against kicks and punches. But try dodging in 4on4 to evade damage or pretty much anything for an extended period of time. It doesn't work. Only thing working somewhat is deflect. But here, some weird tracky unblockable attacks might get through. Besides the difficulty of deflecting against multiple opponents in general. And of course I talk about a 1vs 2+ scenario. But take fighting vs Orochi an Kensei as a Lawbringer or Warlord for example. Do you fear you will die before help will arrive? Do you think you got 0 chances to beat those?
Now take 2 Centurion .. the odds of you surviving this onslaught are incredibly low in comparision. The cents needn't be passive, they can go full out attacking and kicking. In record time, you will be dead and they can move on.

I don't want a useless centurion. I just want a place I can enjoy a fun team mode without constantly loosing control of my character.

I think everyone is agreeing that he needs to be toned down in 4v4. as a Centurion player I play against other Centurions as well and I perfectly understand the pain in fighting him when being outnumbered (especially since he sucks at dodging so much - dude feels like a rock). If I'm facing 2 opponents - I'll take my chances, if I'm facing 2 opponents when even one of them is a Centurion - I get the fu'ck out, because I know my chances for survival dropped considerably. you'd have to be really ignorant to not acknowledge that this is not balanced compared to the rest of the cast. What irritates me is when imbeciles like Shakti., who isn't capable of even grasping the definition of a 50/50, start their barely comprehensible rambling how OP he is in 1v1. He's not. I know this because I play mainly Duels and trust me - I don't win that much. It's very clear when you're matched against an opponents who is refusing to put any effort in learning how to counter the character, because they get hit by every attack I throw at them, can't counter light throws(!) and rage quits after typing 'kys' in the chat. sometimes I wonder how many of these scrubs are coming to the forum to whine and create salty Centurion threads afterwards. If I see that my opponents has no clue how to deal with Cent, I actually give them tips, because I remember how ****ty I felt when facing Valks when I started playing the game (Im still struggling with sweep dodges tbh). it is also clear when you are matched against an opponent who has put some actual effort in adapting to Centurions playstyle and more often than not they beat me to a pulp.

I faced a rep 1 Warden the other day, dude countered absolutely everything I tried on him - soft heavy feints, kick + non charged heavy, kick + soft heavy feint, bloody everything. we went to Brawls afterwards and I was facing another Warden, this time rep 2. he couldn't do absolutely nothing, got caught not by 1, but 3 light throws (which threw me off a bit because I never expect them to land anymore) and eventually gave up by cancelling his guard when he had 1 bar left to stand still and cry how OP Cent is in the chat. couldn't even take any advice either, the ignorance of that kind of people is so strong, they might as well be named Shakti.

UbiNoty
06-15-2017, 12:31 AM

I'd be more than happy to bring up your suggestion to the team, but can you do me a favor and define what you think his beefpoop actually is?

Hormly
06-15-2017, 12:33 AM
agreed, balance his HP, and cent mains can no longer use the "we need cheap tactics cus da HP!"

XxHunterHxX
06-15-2017, 12:47 AM
Centurion needs distance attacks like shinobi to compensate the low HP.

he needs like a chain on hem to grab you or just smack you in to the ground so he can pounce on you more ez LOL

Mia.Nora
06-15-2017, 01:33 AM
I'd be more than happy to bring up your suggestion to the team, but can you do me a favor and define what you think his beefpoop actually is?

Sure UbiNoty! While it will probably quite disgusting to dissect this beefpoop, it needs to be done..
So lets put out gloves and masks on (probably crawling with infection inside) and get to work!

OK, lets start with the most obvious:

Chain CC starter *DISTANCE*

This is the main gripe people have vs him in 4v4.

There are tons of other heroes capable of CC to some extend, and when was the last time anyone complained about Dominion being completely ruined by any of them? Answer is never. Because they all follow a simple rule; "Short distance, forward direction only". This means they have to be in your face to attempt it and they cant land it unless the direction of execution AND distance requirement met at the same time. And if they want to chain CC, each CC needs to be successful on its own, unlike Centurion's confirmed 6 second stun combo.

Centurion (and shinobi) is hated because they ignore above rule. They simply say, ' You see that guy over there? *pointing at a distant enemy at a weird angle* HOLD MY BEER!" **BAAM** Heat seeking rocket launched. ONE HIT = Death Literally, since it will pin down and chain into confirmed Jab into confirmed Knockdown.

REMOVE TRACKING from CHARGED HEAVY. Simple as that. In my opinion this alone would fix Centurion B.S. but incase you want to have a look at why he is considered to be a cancerous growth, lets see things from another angle;

Ignoring Revenge Altogether

You heard me right, he ignores revenge altogether. Revenge is in a ****ed up state, but at least it serves some basic function of giving you a breathing room of 1-2 seconds vs other heroes. Vs centurion, instead of popping revenge, it is better to just try and dodge away without revenge. Because he ignores the uninterruptible state of revenge, pins, jabs and knocks you down as if you didn't do it at all. And since activation has a forced animation, it actually works against you.

Fix Revenge to have CC Immunity So that people can have a fighting chance after revenge meter is full.

Infinite Stamina vs Full Stamina Drain

When was the last time you saw a Centurion accidentally went OOS or stopped his non stop aggression because he was almost OOS. Never.. His stamina is ridiculously high for someone who drains full stamina of his enemy in one parry!

Raider Legen... wait for it.. keep waiting) had his big stamina *buff* and reached 130 stamina, and Centurion has 175. WTF!! And he can get you OOS in one parry! Just one!

Reduce Centurion Stamina on same levels as other heroes, and tune down his stamina drain.

He is the PERFECT TURTLE

Ubisoft devs clearly only play internal kid gloves on games, so they would not know; but Centurion is the best turtle in game. His parry punish is out of this game. Even a Berserker parrying you near wall is less dangerous. Add in his ability to light>GB heavy cancel into>GB mixups, he becomes the most versatile in 1v1. He had one specific weakness; his guard stance change speed. And you buffed him to the level of PK stance change....

Remove his Parry punish. Even LB, who is as per his description works on counterattacking with blocks / parries doesn't have nowhere near the parry punish threat.

Well this was indeed disgusting.. I need to go play some Injustice 2 to cleanse..

UbiNoty
06-15-2017, 01:43 AM
Sure UbiNoty! While it will probably quite disgusting to dissect this beefpoop, it needs to be done..
So lets put out gloves and masks on (probably crawling with infection inside) and get to work!

OK, lets start with the most obvious:

Chain CC starter *DISTANCE*

This is the main gripe people have vs him in 4v4.

There are tons of other heroes capable of CC to some extend, and when was the last time anyone complained about Dominion being completely ruined by any of them? Answer is never. Because they all follow a simple rule; "Short distance, forward direction only". This means they have to be in your face to attempt it and they cant land it unless the direction of execution AND distance requirement met at the same time. And if they want to chain CC, each CC needs to be successful on its own, unlike Centurion's confirmed 6 second stun combo.

Centurion (and shinobi) is hated because they ignore above rule. They simply say, ' You see that guy over there? *pointing at a distant enemy at a weird angle* HOLD MY BEER!" **BAAM** Heat seeking rocket launched. ONE HIT = Death Literally, since it will pin down and chain into confirmed Jab into confirmed Knockdown.

REMOVE TRACKING from CHARGED HEAVY. Simple as that. In my opinion this alone would fix Centurion B.S. but incase you want to have a look at why he is considered to be a cancerous growth, lets see things from another angle;

Ignoring Revenge Altogether

You heard me right, he ignores revenge altogether. Revenge is in a ****ed up state, but at least it serves some basic function of giving you a breathing room of 1-2 seconds vs other heroes. Vs centurion, instead of popping revenge, it is better to just try and dodge away without revenge. Because he ignores the uninterruptible state of revenge, pins, jabs and knocks you down as if you didn't do it at all. And since activation has a forced animation, it actually works against you.

Fix Revenge to have CC Immunity So that people can have a fighting chance after revenge meter is full.

Infinite Stamina vs Full Stamina Drain

When was the last time you saw a Centurion accidentally went OOS or stopped his non stop aggression because he was almost OOS. Never.. His stamina is ridiculously high for someone who drains full stamina of his enemy in one parry!

Raider Legen... wait for it.. keep waiting) had his big stamina *buff* and reached 130 stamina, and Centurion has 175. WTF!! And he can get you OOS in one parry! Just one!

Reduce Centurion Stamina on same levels as other heroes, and tune down his stamina drain.

He is the PERFECT TURTLE

Ubisoft devs clearly only play internal kid gloves on games, so they would not know; but Centurion is the best turtle in game. His parry punish is out of this game. Even a Berserker parrying you near wall is less dangerous. Add in his ability to light>GB heavy cancel into>GB mixups, he becomes the most versatile in 1v1. He had one specific weakness; his guard stance change speed. And you buffed him to the level of PK stance change....

Remove his Parry punish. Even LB, who is as per his description works on counterattacking with blocks / parries doesn't have nowhere near the parry punish threat.

Well this was indeed disgusting.. I need to go play some Injustice 2 to cleanse..

Tyty :D we should have centurion changes coming in the next patch or two, and the team has asked me to pass along some in-depth feedback - it's much easier for me to show them feedback like you've just given me, although I do understand the sentiment behind your initial post.
(now hopefully they don't ask too much about the poop reference >.<)