PDA

View Full Version : Enough is enough

Archeun
06-13-2017, 06:57 PM
Ubisoft implemented a penalty when you leave the game. Congrats; I won't be playing again until you introduce some balance to matchmaking. I don't find it acceptable to be forced to fight people with hundreds of hours of gameplay on a single character. To those who will say "Good, leave" I say this. Enjoy it while it lasts because tens of thousands of people have already left for the same reasons. Gameplay that is unacceptable. Matchmaking that is bull-crap. Network issues that should have been fixed 2 months ago. The days of "Elite" players is leaving. Games that are not accessible to casual players will die. Enough is enough, stop putting money into these companies pockets when they refuse to address critical issues and would rather punish you for not accepting them.

EDIT: I wasn't aware of the 30 second to leave after the game starts without penalty. That's a sensible solution to the matchmaking issue. It doesn't fix the main issue but I can live with being allowed to leave a game I have no interest in playing especially when it's Rep 10-20 fighting a group of newbies.

Blasto95
06-13-2017, 07:01 PM
I dont find it acceptable for you to quit mid-match and jeopardize the entire match for the rest your teammates and opponents with your selfishness.

Theres a 30 second grace period for you to quit a match. Use it. If you dont, shame on you.

And this game is more casual than ever....there's no ranked mode. Its actually the opposite of competitive....Im sorry, they do have an Emblem Tournament! There's hope!

Vasher.
06-13-2017, 07:01 PM
Don't you main a Shinobi?

Shakti.
06-13-2017, 07:10 PM
He has a point. At least I understand from where he s coming from. Back when I strated playing I was trowned against High rep player all the time and I sucked a lot of dust.
That didn't stop me to practice a lot against bots before returning to the frey. At the time (seems century ago but not really) people was nicer and more honorable then now. So after the seventh consecutive duels lost against the same person you actually learn something without being trolled to death or bullied. Sometimes I was even helped by some Saint Player with training in parry anies and so on. You have to be humble thou.
Rigth now I feel (eheheh here I go again) thats not possible to learn due to a single fact... centurions are in the game and they are the majority of what you face. You learn nothing against them because there is nothing to learn. If you miss a GB you die and you have to figth 3-4 of the time blinded and stunned. Wanna practice parries? Good luck with that since they can adjust the timing of heavies with no stamina penalty any disantvantage.

To sum it up. You are not leaving because the quit penalty, you are leaving cause Centurion ruined the game and need to be sucked back from the dark hole from where it comes out.

Vasher.
06-13-2017, 07:24 PM
He has a point. At least I understand from where he s coming from. Back when I strated playing I was trowned against High rep player all the time and I sucked a lot of dust.
That didn't stop me to practice a lot against bots before returning to the frey. At the time (seems century ago but not really) people was nicer and more honorable then now. So after the seventh consecutive duels lost against the same person you actually learn something without being trolled to death or bullied. Sometimes I was even helped by some Saint Player with training in parry anies and so on. You have to be humble thou.
Rigth now I feel (eheheh here I go again) thats not possible to learn due to a single fact... centurions are in the game and they are the majority of what you face. You learn nothing against them because there is nothing to learn. If you miss a GB you die and you have to figth 3-4 of the time blinded and stunned. Wanna practice parries? Good luck with that since they can adjust the timing of heavies with no stamina penalty any disantvantage.

To sum it up. You are not leaving because the quit penalty, you are leaving cause Centurion ruined the game and need to be sucked back from the dark hole from where it comes out.

Honestly your last sentence really does sum up some of the main issues. I think Cent and Shinobi tracking and gankfest in 4v4 (or anything more than duel) ruined it for a lot of players (mainly casual). In 1v1 they're fine, but with there being so many variables and game modes...balancing in 1v1 doesn't equate to balance in 4v4. But they are not just the problem with 4v4 there are multiple issues.

The character balance for me is the largest issue.

Blasto95
06-13-2017, 07:33 PM
Honestly your last sentence really does sum up some of the main issues. I think Cent and Shinobi tracking and gankfest in 4v4 (or anything more than duel) ruined it for a lot of players (mainly casual). In 1v1 they're fine, but with there being so many variables and game modes...balancing in 1v1 doesn't equate to balance in 4v4. But they are not just the problem with 4v4 there are multiple issues.

The character balance for me is the largest issue.

Its not Character balance in general...Its Shinobi and Centurion balance. Name one original hero that needs to be nerfed or buffed without a doubt.

Shinobi I personally think is close to ok. Still causing problems for some, but I think its just a case of some fine tuning needed and players needing to learn the mechanics and mix ups better.
Centurion, as you said, is a major 4v4 issue and pretty average for 1v1. Take away what makes him OP in 4v4, and he becomes useless in 1v1. Im hoping for a drastic nerf to him in the form of a Defensive Meta/Parry nerf. Limit his ability to punish like he does, but he needs that strength.

Shakti.
06-13-2017, 07:34 PM
Its not Character balance in general...Its Shinobi and Centurion balance. Name one original hero that needs to be nerfed or buffed without a doubt.

Shinobi I personally think is close to ok. Still causing problems for some, but I think its just a case of some fine tuning needed and players needing to learn the mechanics and mix ups better.
Centurion, as you said, is a major 4v4 issue and pretty average for 1v1. Take away what makes him OP in 4v4, and he becomes useless in 1v1. Im hoping for a drastic nerf to him in the form of a Defensive Meta/Parry nerf. Limit his ability to punish like he does, but he needs that strength.

AHah really? So I'm not the only onme that hates deeply. I actually get it rigth by trash talkin. Man the dark side is strong here. Me like it.

Archeun
06-13-2017, 07:50 PM
I dont find it acceptable for you to quit mid-match and jeopardize the entire match for the rest your teammates and opponents with your selfishness.

Theres a 30 second grace period for you to quit a match. Use it. If you dont, shame on you.

And this game is more casual than ever....there's no ranked mode. Its actually the opposite of competitive....Im sorry, they do have an Emblem Tournament! There's hope!

I didn't know about the 30 second rule. That doesn't fix the main issue but I can live with that because I don't disagree with you; leaving mid-match causes problems.

XxHunterHxX
06-13-2017, 11:15 PM
Centurion ruined the game and need to be sucked back from the dark hole from where it comes out.

This

Pillow_Hands
06-13-2017, 11:27 PM

Flickers from Orochi, Peacekeeper, and Warden. Wardens toolkit is still leagues above a lot of the cast, between the vortex, flicker, and OOS punish game, there's no real contender other than a really well played Warlord, and only then, really; aside from the two new heroes, of course, but after the Shinobi's nerfs, I doubt that one.

On the low end, Berserker has no real toolkit at high level play, and can't open up turtles. Has a strong OOS punish, but only if he lands a guard break while they're grey or parries them into no stamina and knocks them down. He has no way to punish them if they're grey, because he has no way to open. Outside of flicker spam, Orochi has a limited toolset, and mostly all predictable stuff that just opens into light parries into strong punishes. Same with Kensei, but maybe not after the buff, we'll see. Outside of abusing unlock tech, Valkyrie also kind of runs short, especially now Centurion is here, and he does the same exact **** as her but far better and far faster with a much higher stamina pool.

In the 4v4 perspective, before Centurion and Shinobi, you still had CC gankfests, so really nothing totally changed other than it being even more glaringly obvious that CC's ruin that match up pretty fast.

dragon7jdc
06-14-2017, 11:25 AM
@shakti. well said mate. i ahve only been playing since open beta and what you said is 100% true. i miss the old vibe of the game. but i guess we have to adapt to current flow untill changes are made. good luck in your fights, FELLOW FOR HONOR

Anarnam
06-14-2017, 01:05 PM
Ubisoft implemented a penalty when you leave the game. Congrats; I won't be playing again until you introduce some balance to matchmaking. I don't find it acceptable to be forced to fight people with hundreds of hours of gameplay on a single character. To those who will say "Good, leave" I say this. Enjoy it while it lasts because tens of thousands of people have already left for the same reasons. Gameplay that is unacceptable. Matchmaking that is bull-crap. Network issues that should have been fixed 2 months ago. The days of "Elite" players is leaving. Games that are not accessible to casual players will die. Enough is enough, stop putting money into these companies pockets when they refuse to address critical issues and would rather punish you for not accepting them.

EDIT: I wasn't aware of the 30 second to leave after the game starts without penalty. That's a sensible solution to the matchmaking issue. It doesn't fix the main issue but I can live with being allowed to leave a game I have no interest in playing especially when it's Rep 10-20 fighting a group of newbies.

Hey.
So I've started playing this game with release of season 2. Do you realize what it meant for me? 80% of shinobis and centurions who wrecked me. Every other class was ALSO wrecking me badly. I was kinda mad, kinda sad BUT I KNEW that this crappy imbalance is gonna make me crap tons better than I would be while playing with equals (at that moment fighting against absolute noobs). I couldn't be more thankful to ubisoft for implementing BROKEN matchmaking thanks to which I learned in only 10 hours the basics of PVP in this game. Playing 10-50% of my games against evidently STRONGER and BETTER opponent every day is something I'm really thankful for, because I'm clearly learning new stuff about the game (does not include professional turtling which ruins my day :D).

Blasto95
06-14-2017, 01:26 PM
Flickers from Orochi, Peacekeeper, and Warden. Wardens toolkit is still leagues above a lot of the cast, between the vortex, flicker, and OOS punish game, there's no real contender other than a really well played Warlord, and only then, really; aside from the two new heroes, of course, but after the Shinobi's nerfs, I doubt that one.

On the low end, Berserker has no real toolkit at high level play, and can't open up turtles. Has a strong OOS punish, but only if he lands a guard break while they're grey or parries them into no stamina and knocks them down. He has no way to punish them if they're grey, because he has no way to open. Outside of flicker spam, Orochi has a limited toolset, and mostly all predictable stuff that just opens into light parries into strong punishes. Same with Kensei, but maybe not after the buff, we'll see. Outside of abusing unlock tech, Valkyrie also kind of runs short, especially now Centurion is here, and he does the same exact **** as her but far better and far faster with a much higher stamina pool.

In the 4v4 perspective, before Centurion and Shinobi, you still had CC gankfests, so really nothing totally changed other than it being even more glaringly obvious that CC's ruin that match up pretty fast.

You do bring up good points, but most of your balance issues are from a very competitive standpoint. For 90% of the playerbase, any hero is viable, it all comes down to skill.
-Warden is a strong character, but he's not OP. The Vortex just took good players getting used to, and those that mastered vortex spam can abuse it on lower skill levels. His OOS punish with Vortex is very strong, but im not sure if i'd want to nerf that or buff others that are severly lacking good OOS punish.
-Orochi has a limited kit, but it is effective. You still see the occasional Orochi in tournaments and they run rampant at lower skill levels. A rework would be appreciated and maybe a small buff towards the competitive end.
-Zerker does have issues with competitive players I think, but he's pretty average at lower skills. Same with Kensei+incoming buffs.
-Valk is more than fine in her "broken" state on console. comes up short on PC and competitively, but not every hero can be a top 3 or 5 meta hero.
- And the flicker issue, is not so much a balance issue. Even though some heroes do benefit a lot more than others. That's a bug and it just needs to be fixed. Also its not an exploit, just watch Sypherpk beat a Centurion with one hand and get called out for flickering.

The_B0G_
06-14-2017, 01:36 PM
BF1 is on sale for 31 dollars CDN on PS4 store... just saying.

Herbstlicht
06-14-2017, 01:48 PM
No matter how much some people keep defending centurion, the longer he stays as he is, the longer he will scare players away.
http://www.githyp.com/for-honor-117356/player-count
You know this site. I dislike it, it is for PC only, but normally, a trend, though not as harsh, is normally true cross platform. So what we see here, the continued decline, is not what we should like to see. But it is the ultimate consequence of inaction. And though we will have a lot of extra-buffers in numbers on console, at some time, it might even effect us.
Of course, centurion is not the only problem. But some of those players that sticked with the game even though it has it's issues are leaving due to the bad 4on4 balance. I mean I will possibly play this game even if all players have left - playing offline and enjoying the newest heroes, marveling at the amazing weapon designs etc. However, if this game fails, I personally would be rather sad. But what can I do? I posted solutions, many other players did so. People told they were angry. People raged, spread salt, some were mean and unreasonable, some very constructive. But still, the state of the game is rather sorry. And taken the networking issues aside: the possible fixes do seem rather easy to some of us. But nothing happens.

Please, don't let your game fade away Ubi!