PDA

View Full Version : For Honor AI

NoConnectivity
06-13-2017, 05:41 PM
Will the AI in this game ever receive some sort of update/rework? Because, in all honesty, the AI in this game are just terrible. For the last several games or so of dominion and elimination, there has been an AI or two who stand around and actually do nothing. An enemy runs up on them, and they just stand there and take the hits. Not only does that happen, it makes you want to leave the game because your AI is useless. But, you can't leave the game, because of the 10 minute penalty that the game now upholds.

Now only do AI randomly go inactive, they are no use in gank situations. The actually just watch you get destroyed by 3+ people, then finally start attacking after you have been executed. Some AI are noticeably better than others too, depending on what character they play on. For example, a Warlord AI is significantly better than a Nobushi AI, even if they are the same level.

What I'm trying to say is that the AI in this game need to be reworked, period. I feel like this is an issue that nobody has really brought up, and now that the 10 minute leaver penalty is active, it really needs to get looked at. It isn't fair that I can't leave the game after three of my teammates lag out and are replaced with AI who have no brain.

Anri-Okita
06-13-2017, 05:46 PM
AI are ranked from levels 1~3 - level 3 bots feint, parry, and are pretty much the best sparring partners barring an experienced human. Unfortunately, the bots that populate the game after players leave are basically never level 3. Honestly, it's the same issue in VS AI Duels - you'll basically never be matched up against a level 3 bot. I'd much rather bots never existed outside of VS AI, to be honest. They're functionally worthless.

Gray360UK
06-13-2017, 05:54 PM
I have no idea what you mean :rolleyes:

https://media.giphy.com/media/xYPEZF9QdIh4k/giphy.gif

rossato2109
06-13-2017, 06:22 PM

This map has some bug, no doubt. I see this happening pretty often with bots in this specific map.

Antonioj26
06-13-2017, 06:41 PM
Will the AI in this game ever receive some sort of update/rework? Because, in all honesty, the AI in this game are just terrible. For the last several games or so of dominion and elimination, there has been an AI or two who stand around and actually do nothing. An enemy runs up on them, and they just stand there and take the hits. Not only does that happen, it makes you want to leave the game because your AI is useless. But, you can't leave the game, because of the 10 minute penalty that the game now upholds.

Now only do AI randomly go inactive, they are no use in gank situations. The actually just watch you get destroyed by 3+ people, then finally start attacking after you have been executed. Some AI are noticeably better than others too, depending on what character they play on. For example, a Warlord AI is significantly better than a Nobushi AI, even if they are the same level.

What I'm trying to say is that the AI in this game need to be reworked, period. I feel like this is an issue that nobody has really brought up, and now that the 10 minute leaver penalty is active, it really needs to get looked at. It isn't fair that I can't leave the game after three of my teammates lag out and are replaced with AI who have no brain.

Yeah they are pretty terrible, I've seen bots give up a res 3 quarters of the way through for absolutely no reason just to attack an enemy who is already occupied by another teammate. Even level 3s are incredibly to fight against since they have a pretty specific pattern that's easy to counter once you've learned it. They don't ever change it up.

FledgeSRondo
06-13-2017, 09:52 PM
I was killed in a laggy Elimination match the other day and spectated a Shugoki Bot named Sekhmet who wasn't moving at all whatsoever, yet amazingly managed to win the round because all the other players separately quit leaving him the lone survivor. It was pretty funny watching the lazy bum gloat at the victory screen.

https://youtu.be/-T7mzkcGV9I

DrExtrem
06-13-2017, 09:54 PM
The bots are actually not bad at all - except you exploit them. - general statement -

However. They love to kill games when on your team. More then once, i saw them doing nothing, after winning a few games in a row. If you get too good, even level two bots start fainting like masters and in that case, you don't even expect it. If the bots want to kill you, they do it. Their is a one frame window to gb you during the start up of a light attack - they start (ab)using it regularly to kill you.

The bots can be very mean if they want to.

Sensei0331
06-13-2017, 10:02 PM
There is nothing wrong with the bots. They are fine they way they are. Have you met (Bot)Grandpaw[Raider] or (Bot)BagelofDeath[Kensei]? Those guys are scary and relentless for being bots.

Antonioj26
06-13-2017, 10:09 PM
There is nothing wrong with the bots. They are fine they way they are. Have you met (Bot)Grandpaw[Raider] or (Bot)BagelofDeath[Kensei]? Those guys are scary and relentless for being bots.

But they aren't fine, there are examples in this thread on what needs to be fixed.

UbiJurassic
06-13-2017, 11:40 PM

This is the second time I've seen a bot running at this door. I'm going to save that gif and send it to the team and see if we can get that resolved.

Gray360UK
06-13-2017, 11:49 PM
This is the second time I've seen a bot running at this door. I'm going to save that gif and send it to the team and see if we can get that resolved.

Yeah I've seen it myself a few times now. This was the first time I saw it (I am the Berserker) and it made me laugh enough to record it :)

Vul_Ruvaak
06-14-2017, 11:35 AM
Stop whining lil' *****.

DrExtrem
06-14-2017, 05:13 PM
Stop whining lil' *****.

How constructive. :rolleyes:

Have you read the posts at all? I guess not.

Antonioj26
06-14-2017, 05:26 PM

He just hates gray, has nothing to do with the post.

Haplo_Bane
06-14-2017, 07:12 PM
I made a nice little post about this about 2 months ago. I also covered other points about the ai. It got lost in nerf/buff tantrums and ubiSOFT forum spam. I tried to keep it alive but got warned by ubijurassic for bumping. I'm used to it now. Bots to me AT ANY LEVEL are just mindless feat fodder.I can GUARANTEE that was skirmish because the bots that spawn their on that side,on that map ALWAYS go there. And If I know there's an enemy bot in that circumstance I ALWAYS go there and kill them. 2 months. WOW WOW WOW. Keep up boys. XBone Gamertag : Platonic Hater

Obdach01
06-14-2017, 07:46 PM

Coincidently I read the following posts of this guy today when I was roamin the forums:

"Shut up *****."
"Stop whining lil' *****."
"Hey, *******! I added the video title and link to the post. Use your brain. *Sigh* Kids these days..."
"TL:DR For Honor summed up in one word: "Trash." You're welcome."
"Gray360UK (more like Gay360UK) likes men."

And these are five of seven. Don't know how the other two are and don't care, because that says a lot.
I call troll

Antonioj26
06-14-2017, 07:49 PM
Coincidently I read the following posts of this guy today when I was roamin the forums:

"Shut up *****."
"Stop whining lil' *****."
"Hey, *******! I added the video title and link to the post. Use your brain. *Sigh* Kids these days..."
"TL:DR For Honor summed up in one word: "Trash." You're welcome."
"Gray360UK (more like Gay360UK) likes men."

And these are five of seven. Don't know how the other two are and don't care, because that says a lot.
I call troll

It's all directed at gray. He's upset with gray because gray called him on throwing a temper tantrum when he didn't win some emblem design contest.

Gastgrinder
06-14-2017, 08:29 PM
But gray was right.

Antonioj26
06-14-2017, 08:33 PM
But gray was right.

Oh of course, I was just filling obdach as to why this guy has a rage ***** for gray

UbiNoty
06-15-2017, 12:44 AM

I'm sure he's very gifted and unique in other ways that aren't obvious.