PDA

View Full Version : Leaver Penalty in effect

kweassa1
06-13-2017, 01:00 PM
...and so far so good.

Less people leaving for sure, no "desync" incidents so far. Should keep watch and see if it works as intended.

Sykoink
06-13-2017, 02:27 PM
Are you sure its in effect? People are still leaving left and right, beginning of the game, mid game, end game doesnt matter, i played 5 matches and the majority of the games the match was left with more bots than actual people. I guess people still need to learn about the 10 minute penalty after leaving.

Oh..and i also got disconnected 2 times :cool:

I hope there comes a time after a while not playing, when i turn on For Honor again the game being mostly problem free. One can dream.

S0Mi_xD
06-13-2017, 02:28 PM
...and so far so good.

Less people leaving for sure, no "desync" incidents so far. Should keep watch and see if it works as intended.

Me to :)

But to be sure we need more data :D

Anarnam
06-13-2017, 02:36 PM
Are you sure its in effect? People are still leaving left and right, beginning of the game, mid game, end game doesnt matter, i played 5 matches and the majority of the games the match was left with more bots than actual people. I guess people still need to learn about the 10 minute penalty after leaving.

Oh..and i also got disconnected 2 times :cool:

I hope there comes a time after a while not playing, when i turn on For Honor again the game being mostly problem free. One can dream.

The thing is that if someone uses ALT+f4 they don't return to the game for at least 10 minutes cuz they need to "calm down". Once they return, their penalty is gone.

Blasto95
06-13-2017, 02:38 PM
The thing is that if someone uses ALT+f4 they don't return to the game for at least 10 minutes cuz they need to "calm down". Once they return, their penalty is gone.

Thats plenty of time for you to steamroll that match, que up again and match with that quitter in another match. Forcing them to quit for a second time. I really hope this happens.

Gray360UK
But to be sure we need more data :D

https://media.giphy.com/media/ND7XC2HCDQTyo/giphy.gif

Berard_Gutler
Same **** .. no one cares about 10 minutes, u drink a glass of water take a piss and come back to leave again lol. Make it progressive like in CS GO if u wanna see any effects ..

kweassa1
06-13-2017, 03:07 PM
Same **** .. no one cares about 10 minutes, u drink a glass of water take a piss and come back to leave again lol. Make it progressive like in CS GO if u wanna see any effects ..

When you're a serial-leaver it should have effect. 10 minutes isn't a significant time when you're just half-heartedly playing the game.. like play the game, losing, don't feel like it, just leave and watch TV for a while... but in the moments if you're into it and you're already into the habit of leaving, having to wait 10 mins can be sufficiently frustrating.

Also the important thing is that now the system is in place. The devs will probably look over big-data over the course of weeks/months to determine if it really had positive effect in keeping bad-behavior in check. If they feel it's too weak they can always up the ante, so to speak.

It's definitely too early to tell for sure, but at least for me, even in the 9 matches I've played just today, the experience is much better. At least when I lose, I don't have to grumble about those "f***ing ragequitters". And if there are actually someone ragequitting, I know I won't see them for the next 10 minutes at least. Dominion usually takes around 10 minutes to play out. If a ragequitting idiot turns up, the odds are he and I won't be matched in the next game... and if it's not a ragequitter but a really honest net-drop for some reason, then that guy will be able to log-in again, so if I see someone who dropped the match, and then get matched with him again I'll at least know he wasn't a ragequitter.

All of this, is positive for me.

(ps) I do see a side effect in that a lot of people are moaning and cussin' about the penalty during the game though.. and that's so fun to watch that I swear this alone is worth it :D

(ps1) Even if it's a minor penalty, there's a really, really big difference in how you feel when you know that the leaver is still gonna get some consequences.

(ps2) ...and no, ALT+F4 gives you the same warning screen. :D

T_Sesh
06-13-2017, 04:15 PM

At some point, if you're just leaving every match, you're not even playing the game anymore, you're just perpetually drinking water and pissing.

Sam_Wise0013
06-13-2017, 04:28 PM
Not saying it is related but i am disconnected alot today. Everytime someome leaves it crashes or im the only one left with bots. I have needed one game to complete an order for about 45 minutes.

Derkwow-cz
06-13-2017, 07:19 PM
Penalty is nonsense, if game have connection bugs and errors, this penalty will bad and punish normal players.
My answer is no.
And you have solution, play vs ai and problem solved :-).

Jarl.Felix
06-13-2017, 07:25 PM
In 2 dominion matches I encoutered 2 afk players so far.. so .. something changed ! in a worse matter if you ask me.