PDA

View Full Version : So what exactly is the Space Monkey Program?

DarKGlaDOS
06-13-2017, 11:45 AM
So far all we know is that we'll be able give feed back to the devs somehow? I really hope we learn more about it soon 'cause I can't wait for more BGE.

Unyxos
06-13-2017, 11:59 AM
Maybe it's going to be a kind of CTE (Closed Test Environment) with exclusive access to the game and each weeks a game update and we'll have to report things, purpose some things to add, stuff like this

Rada_Torment
06-13-2017, 05:06 PM
Sounds interesting but I guess we need wait patiently for now.

j5ivek
06-13-2017, 06:12 PM
Maybe it's going to be a kind of CTE (Closed Test Environment) with exclusive access to the game and each weeks a game update and we'll have to report things, purpose some things to add, stuff like this

hopefully this is exactly the case. Its odd he mentioned that there is a shared universe they created if he wasn't implying play testing. I'd love to see more.

TraceurX2012
06-13-2017, 08:10 PM
I was a part of the closed beta testing for quake and if its anything like this then each weekend the closed beta will be up with an update each time. After its over they will probably send a servey of certain parts of the game etc etc. For quake champs they really looked at the surveys

Also there will probably be a NDA on it so you cant stream or show anyone anything about it.

ICEDfirebgae2
06-13-2017, 11:03 PM
:o:o:o:o:oI can't wait to play this game :o

G.A.Pster
06-13-2017, 11:58 PM
I hope it won’t be like 1191AD (Ubi’s fan based Assassin’s creed adverting pyramid scheme), they make you put 20 youtube videos to get points towards things.
It was like those adds on the back of comics (sell 10,000 magazine subscriptions and get a mustache comb), lol

leon90ify
06-14-2017, 12:13 PM
cannot wait to play this game :p

Legion-495
06-14-2017, 04:57 PM
I have already signed 2 NDAs for lifetime sooo I'm fine with another one of those xD
I'm here to help those guys.
I run very... weird PC setups, so I know the usual scaling stuff issues.
Also Inputmethods if connected multiple times are usually a issue.
And the bugs where you are getting in situations you shouldn't be in are my thing. Most times those issues are down to things happening in milliseconds nobody ever expected to happen that fast.

I have seen a lot, from games that don't even start and stuff like flying rats/objects... weird map spawns, loading issues/corruption, and so on.
Many things are down to gamephysics. I speak Triple-A games here.
Not a real issue tho,but I have not seen any modern game yet without clipping if physical objects are involved. IMO it's a important issue to tackle for immersion.

We will fix the sh!t outta this game!

Sedoy_Ural
06-15-2017, 12:20 PM
Probably it will be similar to the program as in MA:Andromeda аnd the priority for the beta test is possible. Bonuses are possible, but unlikely it is an exclusive access fo game.

SuperBiscotCOT
06-15-2017, 12:54 PM
Probably it will be similar to the program as in MA:Andromeda аnd the priority for the beta test is possible. Bonuses are possible, but unlikely it is an exclusive access fo game.

We will see !

But for now it's the only game I know that is so open to the community at a ZERO day production stage.
And from what we know we will be able to give our opinion on small demos of the game ... playable or not, that haven't been clearly said.

However if it's the case it's more likeky to happen on PC than any other support, question of production and easy access to data for devs trhough Uplay.

LyFTiD4LyFe
06-15-2017, 04:16 PM
more likely to happen on PC

Why would they ask us what platform we use, then?

SuperBiscotCOT
06-15-2017, 04:30 PM
Why would they ask us what platform we use, then?

Global Alphas/Betas will happen on all platforms. But from what I know, technical tests are only on PC, and that's not only the case for Ubisoft .
But only time will tell, I may be wrong, who knows ? ;)

RoninHex
06-15-2017, 04:43 PM
hello, i saw this video on youtube, it explain a little what space monkey program is for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv52UTO33vs