PDA

View Full Version : Sorry kids...

Lt._Cmdr._Ryan
06-12-2017, 06:45 AM
When a kid jumps into the briefing room, the other three players kind of look at each other and say... "oh." Usually we either leave or kick him.

So, to make myself feel better, I'm posting this "sorry kids" message.

Sorry kids, but sometimes an adult just wants to play a game with other adults. There could be foul language on the bridge and probably one drunk guy. Sometimes, it's just not a place for kids. We'll be using tech-speak from a show that started before your parents were born. I hope the prepubescent fans of this game all become friends with each other, play together, and maybe reenact TNG's 'Rascals' episode because they're not getting much love from the rest of the community. Myself included, I'm somewhat ashamed to say... but not really.

Check out Kotaku's "Highlight Reel: #309" to see a good example of this.

Emexrulsier
06-12-2017, 11:56 AM
We had a game the other day the captain was deffo a young kid who just kept saying "who wants to party" and then messing around with red alert. I enjoy the laughs and camaraderie games can bring, it is funny when helm scrapes the ship along the side of some debris or totally fails at plotting course vectors, or we all wave our arms during an attack but still the game needs a sense of of seriousness where commands are issued by the captain and commands are followed, sadly some of the younger members don't always follow this and want to just mess around.

aliceST123
06-12-2017, 08:38 PM
Mixed feelings about this. Yes, mostly this game is not for them, I had a lot of bad experiences as well and not sure why, but mostly, true, it just does not work out. Yet I got one experience with United_Turtles or similar name he called himself and he lead us safely and professionally through a mission actually I enjoyed playing with him more than with some "adults" who didn't even bother to do the tutorial or preferred to be on phone with their gf during mission.

So well I don't left briefing room on log-on, ever, playing at least one mission with whoever I meet, love to be surprised and by now with all achievements gotten and ranks and stuff what is to loose anyway.

Lettuphant2
06-13-2017, 02:08 AM
I had a kid who was differently abled, probably on the spectrum. While I did my best to play with him and let him feel involved, after a few games it becomes too much. Sadly the player-base is so small that one keeps matching anyway.

Other adults would hear his voice and instantly drop out. Feels bad man.

ultimeh
06-13-2017, 02:35 AM
well on realase the player base was decent, but went away because ubisoft thought realeasing an unfinish game with no content was a good idea

Lt._Cmdr._Ryan
06-13-2017, 06:02 AM
Forgive this clueless question, but how does one find out how many people are playing at any given moment?

I'm also keenly interested in knowing about sales figures.

I like stats, what can I say.

Emexrulsier
06-13-2017, 09:47 AM
Forgive this clueless question, but how does one find out how many people are playing at any given moment?

I'm also keenly interested in knowing about sales figures.

I like stats, what can I say.

In a way I would like to know aswell, I want to know is the community big and strong enough to keep this game going with successful DLC including many items from the suggestion thread. Or is ubi thinking the player base is so low it just isn't worth their investment.

LtCdr-Stewart
06-13-2017, 07:08 PM
Well this is the case most of the time but I was playing with a kid who had to be 12 and was Captain he was extremely good at it. I say give them a chance for at least one game if they start doing stuff the host can kick at anytime.

Lettuphant2
06-13-2017, 10:34 PM
We're averaging about 200 concurrent players on the Steam version (http://steamspy.com/app/527100). The good news is that might stay constant, if not grow; the game is now being bundled with the Vive.

Mulletino
06-14-2017, 01:19 AM
Had a kid (teen?) join a session the other week, he admitted he "hadn't done any of the training missions other than captain because they take too long", obviously he got a lot of ribbing for this but we ended up giving him on the job training in-game and it turned out quite a funny session. He seemed to enjoy it too. Although we did refer to him as "Wesley".

Lt._Cmdr._Ryan
06-14-2017, 05:34 AM
We're averaging about 200 concurrent players on the Steam version (http://steamspy.com/app/527100). The good news is that might stay constant, if not grow; the game is now being bundled with the Vive.

I had no idea this thing existed. Good stuff. Thanks!

Ensign_Obvious
06-17-2017, 05:17 PM
well on realase the player base was decent, but went away because ubisoft thought realeasing an unfinish game with no content was a good idea

This^. Still worth the 50 bucks to me, but still: This^.