PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi 30fps lights (console)

Mirage6201
06-12-2017, 01:20 AM
The lights on shinobi are too fast on console. He has such small arms which provides less movement. Add in half the visual animation on console vs Pc. It's just as bad as PK.

Prestige 38 overall.

More and more shinobis are becoming light spammers.

l8knight347
06-12-2017, 02:16 AM
sometimes their only option up close is to wait till you move and beat you to the punch. that works very well vs cents. I do that when I'm being crowded and someone keeps trying to gb. ill keep it up until they back off or start throwing lights back so I can dodge away. the difference between a pk and shinobi is that the pk wants to be in your face spamming lights. if you have them cornered you might try stepping back with an attack might make them miss but idk.

MasterChiefPON
06-12-2017, 02:44 AM
I feel like the indicator for Shinobi's lights is shorter than Pk's. I can still block when one tries to light spam me but I got this feeling that the indicator is shorter.

Kakuzu712
06-12-2017, 03:52 AM
30 fps doesn't really change anything other than some SUPER tight inputs or windows but we're only talking about shinobi lights here, not anything fancy. The issue with console is most console players play on a TV and most TVs have significant lag. Try to switch to a monitor and adjust your deadzone settings. The game can't change the way it works on slow external hardware and most TVs were never meant for highly reactive games.

Antonioj26
06-12-2017, 04:03 AM
I feel like the indicator for Shinobi's lights is shorter than Pk's. I can still block when one tries to light spam me but I got this feeling that the indicator is shorter.

I think you are right or maybe it's just not as telegraphed because I can parry pks lights for days but shinobis it's more or less luck. Play on console

MasterChiefPON
06-12-2017, 04:28 AM
I think you are right or maybe it's just not as telegraphed because I can parry pks lights for days but shinobis it's more or less luck. Play on console

Yeah, I play on Xbox One and I can parry Pk lights sometimes on reaction, I can still block Shinobi but I feel like the indicator is shorter in comparison.

Antonioj26
06-12-2017, 04:41 AM
Yeah, I play on Xbox One and I can parry Pk lights sometimes on reaction, I can still block Shinobi but I feel like the indicator is shorter in comparison.

Yeah I can block them if I'm hyper focused but like I said parries are few and far between. Not worth the risk

SoveriegnKing
06-12-2017, 04:45 AM
Well Shinobi lights are as fast as PK lights at 500ms. There is the lag on TVs as well but the thing about Shinobi lights that gets peoples goat is that Shinobi take a step forward when they use light attacks. A friend and I tested it, It doesn't make sense to me as to why but Shinobi lights have the same range as Nobushi or Kensei lights because they step forward when they use light attacks. So don't dodge backwards if they are spamming lights, dodge to the side because unless you double dodge, you're still in range of their light spam. I switched from other Hero's back to PK solely because they only Hero I had issues with reliably was Shinobi's. I got sick of being zoned by their ranged attacks all day, and whenever I got close I got a kick to the face for my trouble. Now I wreck most Shinobi's because I never give them breathing room. PK lunge even if it doesn't land and they block it works wonders. Stay in their personal space the whole time and watch them panic.

DrExtrem
06-12-2017, 05:14 AM
30 fps doesn't really change anything other than some SUPER tight inputs or windows but we're only talking about shinobi lights here, not anything fancy. The issue with console is most console players play on a TV and most TVs have significant lag. Try to switch to a monitor and adjust your deadzone settings. The game can't change the way it works on slow external hardware and most TVs were never meant for highly reactive games.

Then don't publish highly reactive games on a platform, people use TVs with.

Your explanation is absolutely right - the TV screen is a part of the problem but the solution is not to buy a gaming monitor for your living room. The devs have to do their job and make proper adjustments to each platform.

This excuse (use a monitor) is infuriatingly wrong. It makes it sound like its our fault that we play on a different system and not the developers laziness to make proper adjustments. (something every console consumer has played them to do).

Antonioj26
06-12-2017, 06:22 AM
Then don't publish highly reactive games on a platform, people use TVs with.

Your explanation is absolutely right - the TV screen is a part of the problem but the solution is not to buy a gaming monitor for your living room. The devs have to do their job and make proper adjustments to each platform.

This excuse (use a monitor) is infuriatingly wrong. It makes it sound like its our fault that we play on a different system and not the developers laziness to make proper adjustments. (something every console consumer has played them to do).

How far back do they have to scale back though? Enough so it's perfect for you? What if someone has a TV that can't keep up with yours? Should they go back even further for them?

DrExtrem
06-12-2017, 08:07 AM
Ask the pro pc-gamers, who got obliterated on xbox and ps4.

The average delay difference between a middle class gaming monitor and a middle class TV screen should be enough.

It astounding how low some peoples standards are, when it comes to optimizing products. I would get fired (and in my branche, probably go to jail) for working like this.

Remember the Arkham Asylum outcry, because the game was barely playable on PC? Why was that game barely playable? Because of insufficient optimization.

For honor is not different.

The problem will get even worse, when the anti-turtle patch hits globally, without addressing the glaring differenced between console and PC gameplay. I thing ut is safe to assume, that both console communities are the biggest ones. PvP might be dominated by the new heroes but it is existing. The turtle problem is also not a big thing. We actually might have the better experience right now. Sure - light spam is a problem, but it is not as big, as the PC problem. Any attempt to fix the PC problem, is very likely to kill off the console.

I don't get how people are willing to give the devs a free ride on issues like this. Not optimizing a game to the platforms (you ****ing sell it on), is at best short sighted. In the worst case, dumb and ignorant.

That_guy44
06-12-2017, 08:18 AM
I bought my 65" tv so I can sit my *** on my couch and enjoy my games on ps4. I shouldn't have to purchase a monitor because the game is handicapped for monitors. I would dare to say that it's common sense the vast majority(like 99%) of console owners use a tv. Shouldn't this be kept on mind when developing the game?

I too, am nervous for this defensive meta patch. Since they're basing it off of pc, console players may get the shaft again. I don't understand how console consumers who probably bought way more copies of the game than pc consumers get ignored like this. It's the same game with different problems on different platforms. only one side gets heard though.

MasterChiefPON
06-12-2017, 01:43 PM
I bought my 65" tv so I can sit my *** on my couch and enjoy my games on ps4. I shouldn't have to purchase a monitor because the game is handicapped for monitors. I would dare to say that it's common sense the vast majority(like 99%) of console owners use a tv. Shouldn't this be kept on mind when developing the game?

I too, am nervous for this defensive meta patch. Since they're basing it off of pc, console players may get the shaft again. I don't understand how console consumers who probably bought way more copies of the game than pc consumers get ignored like this. It's the same game with different problems on different platforms. only one side gets heard though.

But there's also a general myth that the turtle meta doesn't exist on console because of the 30 fps, trust me, it exists, people who try to switch from PC to console have a hard time because they are used to 60 fps but there are people who got used to the game on 30 fps and that don't stop them from turtling. Maybe because there're a lot of players on console people don't notice it, probably a good amount play casually or are less experienced but there are players capable of blocking anything and parrying almost anything on console just as PC but they aren't the majority of the population, turtle meta is not as bad as PC on Console because not everyone reaches that point, turtle meta is there and there are people on console waiting for that fix.

DrExtrem
06-12-2017, 02:45 PM
The effort is still much higher.

I never said that the turtle meta is nonexistant on console. It's just a smaller problem, because far less people are able to reach that level on those platforms.

Let's assume, that 50% on the PC and 5% of the console base can turtle. That's 95%, who would get crushed by a meta patch, that makes the offense even stronger.

You should only patch a meta, if all player bases are equally effected.

I guess, that adjusting the light parry timers by an additional frame anf the indicators by two frames would be essential to equalise the experiences.

After that, the meta can be fixed.