PDA

View Full Version : Want more content? PROMOTE this game ourselves!

Captain_Summers
06-11-2017, 01:08 PM
Whilst talking with the players in my Discord server this came up:

I think that if we - the fans / players - want this game to continue, to grow - we have to become evangalists. We (if we use it) have to get on social media and promote the **** out of this game and VR, tell everyone that will listen - esp trek or space fans about it and do a grass roots campaign to promote it - otherwise, ultimately it's us that are going to lose out

Ultimately, like I said in the last paragraph, it's up to us to keep this game alive.

Ubisoft aren't ever going to do enough to promote it. So all of us, and those on Reddit and other Discord Groups, we need to get onto social media, tell our real life friend, work mates, EVERYONE about this game, about how VR when it's done RIGHT isn't a gimmick but adds so much to gaming / role playing and immersion.

We need to do what Ubi won't do. We have an amazing foundation here. We all want more depth, more content, more stations, a longer (years longer I hope) support from Red Storm and Ubi.

So let's take it upon ourselves and promote the crap out of this game to anyone that will listen. Let's put the effort in now, and show Ubi that there is a revenue and player base out there, so that they throw even more money on, what is let's face it, the best and most singularly immersive VR game that's been made.

We all have stories about how Ubi let's the players or the games down. But look at what they have paid for. Let's support them. Let's not lose this chance. Let's get out there and show support / praise and grow the player base better than they've been able to.

That's all I have to say.

Thanks for listening.

Riley207
06-11-2017, 05:32 PM
It's Ironic.

Your thread makes me think of the parallel situation star trek original series had to deal with. NBC shutting down the original series even though being bombarded with fan mail which forced a third season.

Ultimately you can promote to your hearts content for this game PR wise but if you do not have the favor of the development team in promotion/improvement then it's blind ambition. It needs to be a two way bridge with the development team, not just "us." once the development team is onboard with the fan base then the future will look much more realistic. as it currently stands I see little engagement with the community from the devs.

Captain_Summers
06-11-2017, 06:34 PM
Lol, I think you and Alanis Morrisette need to have a talk, because it appears neither of you know what ironic really means.

That being said, the recent AMA shows that the DEVS are trying to engage, but the PUBLISHER- as usual - doesn't care about anything but revenue.

So by spreading the word and evangelising the game we get more interactions with the dev team due to keeping the publisher happy.

In any case, other than a vague scent of sour grapes, your post didn't offer any alternative, so I still believe this is our best approach to getting more content, but if there's a better idea I look forward to hearing it.

filmgeek47
06-12-2017, 08:11 AM
Whilst talking with the players in my Discord server this came up:

Ultimately, like I said in the last paragraph, it's up to us to keep this game alive.

Ubisoft aren't ever going to do enough to promote it. So all of us, and those on Reddit and other Discord Groups, we need to get onto social media, tell our real life friend, work mates, EVERYONE about this game, about how VR when it's done RIGHT isn't a gimmick but adds so much to gaming / role playing and immersion.

We need to do what Ubi won't do. We have an amazing foundation here. We all want more depth, more content, more stations, a longer (years longer I hope) support from Red Storm and Ubi.

So let's take it upon ourselves and promote the crap out of this game to anyone that will listen. Let's put the effort in now, and show Ubi that there is a revenue and player base out there, so that they throw even more money on, what is let's face it, the best and most singularly immersive VR game that's been made.

We all have stories about how Ubi let's the players or the games down. But look at what they have paid for. Let's support them. Let's not lose this chance. Let's get out there and show support / praise and grow the player base better than they've been able to.

That's all I have to say.

Thanks for listening.

Seconded.

I'd also suggest that people get on the comments threads on ign and some of the other major review websites and show the game some love. Several high profile reviewers have given the game lowball scores because they just don't quite get it (or VR in general). Fans who've played the game taking the time to share a more positive experience will definitely bring in more players, which in turn increases the odds of more development and more content.

Captain_Summers
06-12-2017, 09:39 AM
Well Kotaku have finally done a piece on this game - and it's as bad as you'd expect, but I've started the comments off.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/06/12/when-things-get-lit-aboard-the-starship-enterprise

MR_Johnny_Bravo
06-12-2017, 04:04 PM
Well Kotaku have finally done a piece on this game - and it's as bad as you'd expect, but I've started the comments off.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/06/12/when-things-get-lit-aboard-the-starship-enterprise

I fried them in their comment section. That was a truly pathetic attempt at a review and deserving of a good flaming.

Captain_Summers
06-12-2017, 04:15 PM
Thank you JB.

These online 'journalists' and I say that with a huge tongue in cheek on games review sites, buzz-feed and the whole 'gizmodo' suite of sites are truly the bottom of the barrel. Constant mis-spelling, poor journalistic skills, zero research, zero objectivity and a hugely damaging political correctness bias, really is destroying the concept of online journalism.

That these sites refuse to even review this game tells me there is something bigger going on, but I have no idea what.

Still, all this moaning doesn't change the fact that we still need to push back and spread the love.

Thanks everyone.

filmgeek47
06-13-2017, 03:35 AM
I fried them in their comment section. That was a truly pathetic attempt at a review and deserving of a good flaming.

I threw something on there as well. Strength in numbers!