PDA

View Full Version : AI matchmaking not working (Dominion in particular)

Brucey_B
06-11-2017, 12:53 PM
Hi there,

I don't usually have to come to forums, because I've rarely had a problem with this game, and when I have had a problem, it's usually been answered already by the For Honor twitter page, or Ubisoft support page. However, this problem of mine has persisted for 2 days now.

I physically cannot matchmake AI modes, which is what I mostly play as I'm not the best at this game, and plus I tend to get kicked from PvP matches a lot, like most people. I know something's wrong with the game and not me beause the matchmaking isn't expanding from my region, or player skill level increasing from strict to all types; yet I haven't seen an answer for this.

So what I'd like to know, is what's wrong that I haven't, or others, been made aware of, and 2, when should I expect a fix. I play on Xbox One and rarely haven't connectivity issues as I'm running on a fast wired open broadband...And would like some clarification on this matter, please.

Plutonium Bug
06-11-2017, 04:10 PM
This! I have exactly the same.
It must be a bug with the new update that needs to be addressed as soon as possible.
Other people experiencing this as well?

Brucey_B
06-11-2017, 04:14 PM
All of my friends have this problem, including myself of course (hence the post). We are UK based, not sure if it's a regional thing, internet provide thing, or just the game being ****ty as it usually it is lol

Plutonium Bug
06-11-2017, 04:22 PM
UK here as well!

It so annoying was leveling new character in Dom vs AI

Olikorn
06-11-2017, 04:29 PM
I've been having this issue in the past couple of days as well, on my side it manifests itself by the inability to identify my NAT.
I've been able to "fix" it by restarting my game a few times until my NAT appears.

Brucey_B
06-11-2017, 05:13 PM
Yeah I was doing the same, levelling up.
Olikorn, that sounds more like a connectivity issue you're having, especially seeing as you're able to fix it. The issue I am referring to simply can't be as I've never been able to indentify my network as a problem. I always have green nat, running 200mb/s open cone nat type, yet dominion is unplayable for me.

DrExtrem
06-11-2017, 05:17 PM
Crap.

In the meantime, deactivate matchmaking or manually build groups.

Brucey_B
06-11-2017, 05:17 PM
I'm just going to put it out there, because I know someone will suggest it. Yes, I have already reset my connection, multiple times, hard reset my console. The only other viable options are to wait, or to try and re-install the game to see if that makes a difference

Brucey_B
06-11-2017, 05:19 PM
Or that DrExtrem. I did so last night, but it can take quite a bit of time to get a group a together, and xp sucks on no match making 😂 But it's better than nothing!

Oni-Nikuya
06-11-2017, 07:55 PM
I've had the same problem since Friday night although it seemed ok for a little while on saturday. I have not had any problems with this since prealpha up to this point.

Gray360UK
06-11-2017, 08:24 PM
No problems with Skirmish and Elimination but Dominion will not move from my region and strict skill, and the matchmaking never succeeds. Sucks as I have 3 Dominion based orders to complete.

C.More
06-11-2017, 11:18 PM
No problems with Skirmish and Elimination but Dominion will not move from my region and strict skill, and the matchmaking never succeeds.

Same here in Germany since yesterday. When i started at early evening, i found one game. Then i had to clear my stash and left the session. After that, i haven't found any lobby. 5 timeouts in a row and i decided to do something else. Unfortunately it didn't get any better. I had the same problem today.

UbiJurassic
06-11-2017, 11:20 PM
I'll make a note of the issue. If you have't already, please contact Ubisoft Support (https://support.ubi.com/) as well so they can be notified of the issue.

C.More
06-11-2017, 11:30 PM
I'll make a note of the issue. If you have't already, please contact Ubisoft Support (https://support.ubi.com/) as well so they can be notified of the issue.
Thx, i already did it.

Brucey_B
06-12-2017, 06:57 PM

I contacted Ubisoft support, and apparently this problem hasn't been reported. This problem has been persisting since Friday night, UTC, and is still ongoing. I really hope this problem gets looked into quickly. It's an entire game mode that's unplayable through search!!

Gray360UK
06-12-2017, 07:20 PM
I contacted Ubisoft support, and apparently this problem hasn't been reported. This problem has been persisting since Friday night, UTC, and is still ongoing. I really hope this problem gets looked into quickly. It's an entire game mode that's unplayable through search!!

I have posted here, sent 2 tweets to Ubisoft Support on Twitter and opened a Support ticket on Ubisoft.com. Have heard nothing so far :(

C.More
06-12-2017, 07:52 PM
I have posted here, sent 2 tweets to Ubisoft Support on Twitter and opened a Support ticket on Ubisoft.com. Have heard nothing so far :(
I received a confirmation with the ticket nr. today

Gray360UK
06-12-2017, 08:10 PM
I received a confirmation with the ticket nr. today

You mean the automated response you get when you submit a ticket? If so, I don't count that as hearing from them.

UbiJurassic
06-12-2017, 08:45 PM
We've been able to reproduce the issue and the team should be working on a fix soon. I'll let you know if I hear more.

Gray360UK
06-12-2017, 08:54 PM
We've been able to reproduce the issue and the team should be working on a fix soon. I'll let you know if I hear more.

Thank you :)

SolarWolf69
06-12-2017, 10:29 PM
Same issues as everyone has said.... cant join matches.. I get error codes.. when I do join... my first dominion match freezes at the end every time and I dont get credit for anything. This is bulllllll.....

SolarWolf69
06-12-2017, 10:44 PM
Matchmaking failed. Error code 0002001512. NAT green.... no probs prior to last patch. Have spent and hour and a half now trying to join Dom or elimination with one successful attempt in which my game froze upon completion................ wtf..

Murd3rlnc
06-13-2017, 01:06 AM
Same issue here as well sitting in awaiting match making for sometimes 20 minutes i paid for champion status and its just wasting away I paid for a game i could play and its not working properly this is a bug/fix that needs to be attended too immediately.If your listening Ubi Fix your stuff PLEASE!!!

Oni-Nikuya
06-13-2017, 02:22 AM
If it's of any use to you, normally when I play v ai it's medium or less activity. At the times when it's not working usually I am seeing that allegedly there is high or very high activity. I don't believe that's accurate and is probably something server side that's jacked up.

Helnekromancer
06-13-2017, 04:47 AM
You know the system's ****ed up when Player vs AI Dom has "Very High Activity", never finds a game and get error.

ONYX_x5
06-13-2017, 07:56 AM
I swear it looks like nepotism or favoritism at its finest. Did not deserve it. Knew they could not do it, but give it to them anyway.
Everytime we get a patch we go backwards. I mean, new content of Season 2 has destroyed the game, and that was suppose to be a huge positive. Fixes trickle out but cause new problems.
Honestly, half the problem now with matchmaking is the number of players. How can you balance a match if a Rep 2 looks for a game and all you have to choose from is a few die hard Rep 30s? Couple that with connection issues and them adding a rage penalty and couple that with the Roman Stompers killing Dom and Skirm. Then couple THAT with their very slow and careful approach to looking at attempting to make it better. Not fix it, MAKE IT BETTER. Which they don't, they are not pumping water out of a sinking ship, they are just moving it to different areas in ship.
Somebody will be along shortly and tell you it will get better. Make of that what you want too.

alfey707
06-13-2017, 08:09 AM
yer been having this problem too im from the uk but its not just PVE for me its PvP modes too iv its been well over 24hours now and the only games i can play is Vs the bots only.

Trbevis
06-13-2017, 08:29 AM
Yeah ai dominion isnt working for me also on ps4. A bigger problem then you might think and needs sorting quickly, when i get sick of 4 man gank squads on pvp i go to ai for a bit to level up heroes, and its at that point where i again begin to appreciate the game. So if i cant even do that il just come off it and play something else.. :/

Nexo.C
06-13-2017, 08:46 AM
yer been having this problem too im from the uk but its not just PVE for me its PvP modes too iv its been well over 24hours now and the only games i can play is Vs the bots only.

It is a bug. Probably introduced with 1.08. Matchmaking Dominion is locked to 'My region' instead of switching to 'All Regions'.
Some ubi guy wrote in a thread they are aware of this bug (Matchmaking vs AI)

To our problem (if its not the same like mm vs AI) ubi has NOT responded yet. So @Ubi mods ,would you be so kind and give us a respond ,that you are aware of this problem too and not just the mm vs AI? This might be the same problem but you never know and it would be better to know that you have this on your agenda