PDA

View Full Version : Entering anomalies

tau_zer01
06-11-2017, 10:53 AM
Hi there,

I love this game!

I was wondering if anyone has found any visual indication as to when you are actually entering anomalies. When I play from the Helm station and I try to go around an anomaly, I often seem to go inside it even though my console map seems to show some considerable distance between the anomaly edge and the ship icon.

If I want to avoid them, I generally try to maintain a distance from them matching the lowest detection perimeter, but even then I often end up entering anomalies inadvertently.

What is the general consensus here...?

Thanks!

Aegis, out!

childofsol
06-13-2017, 06:17 PM
it won't be perfect but you can use the zoom slider (upper right(?) of your console) which will give you a slightly more accurate view. it's still not perfect, but it is better than the default. as helm i tend to fly exclusively fully zoomed in

Emexrulsier
06-14-2017, 01:19 PM
I presume your only indication is Engineering relaying the information back to the rest of the crew.

somnivore
06-14-2017, 06:36 PM
Anomaly radius doesn't match the icon on the map. The real radius is considerably bigger.

I think you can see visually when you enter one - there is a kind of fog.

But the only reliable way to know is on the Engineering panel, which displays any negative effects when they're active.