PDA

View Full Version : 60 fps needed

Diomious
06-10-2017, 03:30 PM
I would like to ask: Who on console want 60 frames per second, like PC enjoys?
There is a very easy solution to the issue that Ubisoft isn't seeing, and that is removing extra nonsense that isn't needed from gameplay if the issue is, as some have said, hardware not capable.
But lets be honest, it really is capable, they just hindered it that way on purpose, right?
There COULDN'T be any game out there that runs in 60 fps at full res due to hardware restrictions right?
Unfortunately, to name just a few, you have Doom, Injustice 2, and Killing Floor 2 that all run in 60 fps, with full resolution, and no hicups. I would have included Mass Effect but, that I don't believe runs in 60, so it wouldn't count here, and I don't know about Destiny per say. Given those games run at 60, wouldn't it make sense that a game like For Honor run also at 60 easily? It can.
The issue is either that they are limiting it purposefully or have extrenious code that is causing the drop in frames. Here's an example as to how I know the game is actually dropping the frames: attack from opponent, the indicator shows the direction as it should, so I turn my block to that side. I wait for the right time (Ubi claims its when it flashes red, but I also have found waiting till just before contact works also) to hit the heavy attack button to parry. Sometimes it goes off, sometimes I start the animation to parry and then get hit anyways. Another example: opponent guardbreakes. I have done the tutorial, I've practiced it often in training mode, hell I've even tried it against people and AI alike, and I know I have the timing down, but in game, a normal game, one where the fighting is actually going on and not just practicing timing the cancel, it will work maybe 20% of the time. I'm getting the timing right, but for some reason the game will not accept my input for any reason and will just allow the guardbreak to go through.
I know this is a dropped frame problem, as the timing is right (and as they have instructed in the tutorial and in practice modes, when they make contact) but the input is lost or the window closes by the time it shows me they made contact. In order to get a cancel off usually, I have to anticipate the guardbreak, then hit the cancel gb command (doing a gb of my own) at the same time or even before and that's when it usually works for me.
This is a framerate issue, or input lag issue on their end. Unless I need everything corded in order to get rid of this problem, this is something I think needs to be addressed asap.
And yes, I have heard Ubisoft saying they would have to rework the entire game to get it on consoles (60fps) but... You don't have to do that. I'm sorry, but you just don't.
If its a software issue (like that little check box that says 'limit framerate to x') then why are you loligagging and wasting time making new cosmetic garbage for a game that is failing to retain players.
Personally, I don't see a way I can grow as a player if I know that as soon as I get into a player match, I'm just going to be destroyed due to input lag and dropped frames not showing me when to respond to an attack properly?

Herbstlicht
06-10-2017, 03:38 PM
Honestly I love "parity". But in For Honor, 30 fps, in the end, is "ok". To achieve more parity between different TV-sets, the only thing coming to my mind would be a slider that adjusts indicators appereance by prefetching them between like 5 and 25 (or 50?) ms.

If 60 fps were possible, the game would have released this way. They decided to go with an astonishing beautiful game though - and thats ok with me.

If you want the best reactibility, buy yourself the lowest latency screen you can get. Will help your game way more then 60 fps.

Epoqx
06-10-2017, 04:06 PM
Unfortunately for us, the devs said they wont make the 60 fps for consoles.

A4einboy
06-10-2017, 05:37 PM
they should have made the light attacks on console just a little bit slower maybe like 50ms slower or something ....but the good thing about for honor on console is that its not competitive since we basically cant tell where the lights are going to come from so we just throw anything but have fun doing it because we now if we lose its not our fault

Hormly
06-10-2017, 05:38 PM
consoles are weak, PC's are strong.

You made the decision to go with a less expensive gaming experience, and for that you deal with worse graphics, longer load times, and choppier framerates

DrExtrem
06-10-2017, 06:32 PM
consoles are weak, PC's are strong.

You made the decision to go with a less expensive gaming experience, and for that you deal with worse graphics, longer load times, and choppier framerates

Hail PC!!

... so playing on a different platform now gives the devs carte blanche to **** up and don't take care fot the two biggest communities of the game?

Go back to your great PC and enjoy the even longer waiting times. We at least have players remaining - and because of that we should be the devs focus and not the PC.

DrExtrem
06-10-2017, 06:38 PM
Btw.

What this train wreck of a game needs, is working mechanics and technology. Since the last update, input lag is from hell. Its like I watch myself playing from the other end of the world.

This ******** is even more urgent, than adjusting this game to console and home entertainment standards.

UbiNoty
06-11-2017, 01:04 AM
We've mentioned before that we don't currently have plans to implement 60 fps on console as that would require a massive console overhaul. However, we are looking for ways to address the input lag issues to make them less of a problem on console.

Hormly
06-11-2017, 01:20 AM
Hail PC!!

... so playing on a different platform now gives the devs carte blanche to **** up and don't take care fot the two biggest communities of the game?

Go back to your great PC and enjoy the even longer waiting times. We at least have players remaining - and because of that we should be the devs focus and not the PC.

you make it sound like its an artistic choice to lock it at 30, it is a hardware limitation sir. Consoles are too weak to run this game at 60fps.

Lets say im shopping for a graphics card for my PC, I could get a weak one for 200, or a strong one for 500. I could pay less, but my games would look/run worse, or I could pay more, and they would look/run better. Its an economic trade off.

Console gamers tend to be more casual, and so went with the less expensive/more user friendly experience, and as a result, you guys have to deal with inferior graphics/performance.

Capoupacap
06-11-2017, 01:25 AM
We've mentioned before that we don't currently have plans to implement 60 fps on console as that would require a massive console overhaul. However, we are looking for ways to address the input lag issues to make them less of a problem on console.

Another concern is about Scorpio (and PS4 Pro) coming with ability of 60 fps. Will it be automatically upgraded by the console as Microsoft says ??? If it's the case, it could be an issue of good and fair experience beetween console players.

DrExtrem
06-11-2017, 06:56 AM
you make it sound like its an artistic choice to lock it at 30, it is a hardware limitation sir. Consoles are too weak to run this game at 60fps.

Lets say im shopping for a graphics card for my PC, I could get a weak one for 200, or a strong one for 500. I could pay less, but my games would look/run worse, or I could pay more, and they would look/run better. Its an economic trade off.

Console gamers tend to be more casual, and so went with the less expensive/more user friendly experience, and as a result, you guys have to deal with inferior graphics/performance.

And you are assuming, that every PC game out there, has a beast of a machine to run every game at 60fps minimum, with full details.

30 fps are not even am issue, if you adjust your game properly to the platform the game is sold on.

The devs simply did not want to make adjustments, because the never thought that there would be an issue. Well there is an issue and they should fix it with simple solutions.

Btw. console gamers are not really that casual ... but is seams like some pc gamers should get off their high horses and stop being the cancer of modern gaming.

CrunaCross
06-12-2017, 11:13 PM
A console is a bicycle. a PC is a car that you fix, change parts and so on. Sure you can ride a bicycle, it's the cheaper way to ride a vehicle. Unless you need the horse power, versatility of the car. I'm not saying a bicycle is not fun. Not at all. But there are stuff that just can not be done with a bike.

Consoles will never be able to catch up to Gaming PCs. Never. But that's not even their purpose. These are convenient cheaper methods with easy access, you just pick up the controller, sit on the sofa and start playing. You don't worry about drivers, Overclock, you just have some casual fun meant for everyday players of all ages. No knowledge required, just turn it on and play.

And before you ask, newer versions of the same consoles (like Xbox One S or X) will still have For Honor locked to 30 fps. It's running on the same platform and connected to all users including those who didn't buy the newer versions of the consoles. You can only hope for some higher textures, resolutions or whatever.

Silvercl0uds
06-13-2017, 12:49 AM
meanwhile im playing for honor at 144 fps with drops no lower than 120...

seriously how do you even play this at 30fps? there are attacks thath are way to fast to be able to react to

Mia.Nora
06-13-2017, 01:08 AM
Guys, Guys...

Please it is a MYTH that PC run on 60fps.

Mine runs on 140 ;)

BeefMan_
06-13-2017, 01:22 AM
meanwhile im playing for honor at 144 fps with drops no lower than 120...

seriously how do you even play this at 30fps? there are attacks thath are way to fast to be able to react to

You can't. The game is extremely busted on console.

Silvercl0uds
06-13-2017, 01:51 AM
You can't. The game is extremely busted on console.

that would explain why the game balance is so different between pc and console

DrExtrem
06-13-2017, 10:23 AM
that would explain why the game balance is so different between pc and console

Exactly. Light spam rules and when you miss a block, you are basically ****ed.

I can deal with light spam mist of the time but I have a relatively good tv screen, no home entertainment system linked in between and I know where my tv hides the gaming mode.

Its still very hard to block all light attacks and parrying lights is very, very difficult. If you can reliably parry light attacks on console, congratulations, take a biscuit.