PDA

View Full Version : Hey Icefire - Spit info for you!

Oso2323
03-10-2004, 04:21 PM
Hey Ice,

You mentioned in an earlier post that you were interested in making recon missions with the Spit Mk xiv when it's released.

I read something that might be of interest to you: a pilot from 414 & 430 squadrons noted that recon sqns did not normally paint call numbers on their aircraft. But they did let pilots paint on a single letter as an initial and/or paint their name/slogan/whatever on the side. I got this from one of Robert Bracken's books.

It would be nice to get the Mustang I too. Those were the main recon planes until 1944.

Oso2323
03-10-2004, 04:21 PM
Hey Ice,

You mentioned in an earlier post that you were interested in making recon missions with the Spit Mk xiv when it's released.

I read something that might be of interest to you: a pilot from 414 & 430 squadrons noted that recon sqns did not normally paint call numbers on their aircraft. But they did let pilots paint on a single letter as an initial and/or paint their name/slogan/whatever on the side. I got this from one of Robert Bracken's books.

It would be nice to get the Mustang I too. Those were the main recon planes until 1944.

Oso2323
03-11-2004, 01:08 PM
bump.