PDA

View Full Version : Dear Roman

KilluminatiSH
06-09-2017, 07:50 PM
Please resign.

You are continuously letting your ego get in the way of what is good for the game. Centurion NEEDED a nerf, you have your entire player base complaining about how broken he is and how he is absolutely RUINING THREE out of the FOUR ONLY ******* GAME MODES YOU HAVE.

The way you responded to the entire communities outrage just shows how little ****s you give to the people that are keeping this game alive, when in all honesty, the amount of **** stains in every corner of the game should have made it die a long time ago.

I'm all for the whiteout, for positivity and showing love to a game we all enjoy, but the way you and Ubi responded to weeks of complaints and outrage is flat out embarrassing and a straight slap to the face to the majority of the community.

Oh, and the final kick in the nuts, you actually BUFFED him with an increased guard speed. Thanks.

Please. Resign.

ewoksking
06-09-2017, 08:01 PM
Sodium level: Salt Bae.

Don't listen to him Roman, have my babies.

Duuklah
06-09-2017, 08:03 PM
Please resign.

You are continuously letting your ego get in the way of what is good for the game. Centurion NEEDED a nerf, you have your entire player base complaining about how broken he is and how he is absolutely RUINING THREE out of the FOUR ONLY ******* GAME MODES YOU HAVE.

The way you responded to the entire communities outrage just shows how little ****s you give to the people that are keeping this game alive, when in all honesty, the amount of **** stains in every corner of the game should have made it die a long time ago.

I'm all for the whiteout, for positivity and showing love to a game we all enjoy, but the way you and Ubi responded to weeks of complaints and outrage is flat out embarrassing and a straight slap to the face to the majority of the community.

Oh, and the final kick in the nuts, you actually BUFFED him with an increased guard speed. Thanks.

Please. Resign.

I agree. His attitude sucks!

Lyskir
06-09-2017, 08:04 PM
Roman is sexy : *

kbvlcvfkhgc
06-09-2017, 08:14 PM
Strong words, and to be honest i think its both unwise and unhelpful to make it personal against one individual,

I do however share your utter frustration at Ubisofts lack of action on the cancer that is the Centurion,

their worried about making changes so as not to break or handicap the Centurion?

LOL? yet fail to recognize that his introduction has handicapped and broken every other single character?

We.the.North
06-09-2017, 08:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NKgsMQGODA
1:19:10

Maybe the question was poorly stated and I'm pretty sure the whole "stunlock combo" was meant to address the many, many issues we have with Centurion ganking squads in Dominion mode. But Roman actually showing impatience at the community while answering the community's question wasn't very professional.

People defending the Dev on the forums often say "be patient, it takes time" ; but the fact at the moment is ... they have no short term intention of changing the Centurion. That last warrior's den was basically the last straw for me sapping away my hope of getting Dominion fun again. I'll be back in season 3.

psyminion
06-09-2017, 08:27 PM
I think Roman and the rest of the team do a great job facing the unbridled spite of the internet.

I can't imagine being paid to keep a straight face while dealing with a bunch of (man?) children crying about their opinions on the game I spent the last x number of years of my life making.

Kudos team.

bmason1000
06-09-2017, 08:35 PM
I think Roman and the rest of the team do a great job facing the unbridled spite of the internet.

I can't imagine being paid to keep a straight face while dealing with a bunch of (man?) children crying about their opinions on the game I spent the last x number of years of my life making.

Kudos team.

Dude, seriously. I would lose my s*** if i were him. Imagine how much he actually held back?

Duuklah
06-09-2017, 08:39 PM
Dude, seriously. I would lose my s*** if i were him. Imagine how much he actually held back?

Well actions have consequences.

They INSERTED cancer into the game. Charged too much. Left too much **** broken from Beta. Now they are slow to add fixes.

**** it.. RAAAGGGGEEEE!!!

KilluminatiSH
06-09-2017, 08:39 PM
Strong words, and to be honest i think its both unwise and unhelpful to make it personal against one individual,

I do however share your utter frustration at Ubisofts lack of action on the cancer that is the Centurion,

their worried about making changes so as not to break or handicap the Centurion?

LOL? yet fail to recognize that his introduction has handicapped and broken every other single character?

Being a director or someone in a managing position does not only grant you authority, but also responsibility. Seeing as he has been representing these specific portions of the game for a while now, and the blatant obvious favoritism to his love child, the centurion, you can see why this is being directed towards him.

The centurion is flat out destroying the game for everyone standing their ground and playing the character they love instead of jumping on the band wagon. The worst part is that he addressed this issue with this carefree 'git gud' attitude and 'stop *****ing' as if the fault is on US and not the ones that developed that love child on steroids.

Kudos team.

You talk about the game as if we, the player base and community, have no say in whatever happens to the game and are not allowed to have opinions.

This game is alive BECAUSE of the community and player base, and as much as the dev team deserve respect for the game, we deserve the same amount for sticking by it through countless ****, errors, balance issues, matchmaking, disconnects and now this. On top of that, we are PAYING for a license to play, which is what keeps this game alive as well.

So, with all due respect. Shut the **** up.

I love the community leaders and Eric because they know how to communicate to their player base with respect, honesty and understanding. What Roman did, was far from that.

Infidel.Castro
06-09-2017, 08:46 PM
He is probably sick and tired of whiny little scrubs making stupid comments like this:

Please resign.

Centurion isn't the problem, its the gank+cc that is the problem. If it wasn't Centurion in the spotlight it would be Conq, Valk or any other than can knock you over. Revenge used to be the counter to ganking, but that now is a joke. Some things do need tweaking with him, I do agree, such as he should not be able to still land a charge punch or heavy when someone activates their revenge. Heck revenge could even be tweaked so that you can not be knocked down or CC'd or something like that. But we still don't know what other stuff they are implementing to counter the turtle meta.

Also, everyone is getting the same guard speed, this is something that needs to be. Nobushi will be really good after this I feel.

But Roman actually showing impatience at the community while answering the community's question wasn't very professional..

He didn't seem that bad to me. Though why would anyone have to put up with the juvenile/toxic behaviour that so many of our community do on a daily basis? "Yeah you invested in our product, thank you, but that doesn't give you the right to act like a prize c*nt towards us."

Knight_Raime
06-09-2017, 08:51 PM
yeah...no. Regardless of how he acts you're basically stooping to the supposed level you put him at by asking him to resign his job just because he's not bending to the will of the "community" even though you don't speak for anyone but yourself. And even if everyone here on the forums agreed with your opinion about the centurion it still wouldn't be the majority opinion in regards to every single person who actively plays.

The problem exists 2 fold. Part 1 is that a majority of the people complaining out right spread stuff about the centurion that isn't true. Or spread the mentality that he's "basically impossible" to deal with. The second part is that centurion by design is going to be super strong in team fights. He was basically designed for them. It goes deep too. Most of the suggestions made by the community would completely total him in 1v1/2v2 play. Wether or not you care about that doesn't matter. The team working on this game doesn't want that. and No one should.

I'm sure if there were ways to address his strength in 4v4 without hurting him in 1v1/2v2 they would have already done it. Like the fact that they are giving a window to escape multiple pins. That's still going to happen. Beyond that what makes him a problem in 4v4? I need to know so I can give feedback myself as a centurion main. I don't do 4v4 I mainly duel/brawl. Is it his kick? is it the fact that he's got 2 "bashes" and unblockable heavies? his stamina drain? Please be specific and constructive.

It's pretty hard for me let alone any developer to understand the problem if the majority of what is seen is just blatent crying or hyperbolic statements.

KilluminatiSH
06-09-2017, 09:02 PM

Kudos team.

yeah...no. Regardless of how he acts you're basically stooping to the supposed level you put him at by asking him to resign his job just because he's not bending to the will of the "community" even though you don't speak for anyone but yourself. And even if everyone here on the forums agreed with your opinion about the centurion it still wouldn't be the majority opinion in regards to every single person who actively plays.

The problem exists 2 fold. Part 1 is that a majority of the people complaining out right spread stuff about the centurion that isn't true. Or spread the mentality that he's "basically impossible" to deal with. The second part is that centurion by design is going to be super strong in team fights. He was basically designed for them. It goes deep too. Most of the suggestions made by the community would completely total him in 1v1/2v2 play. Wether or not you care about that doesn't matter. The team working on this game doesn't want that. and No one should.

I'm sure if there were ways to address his strength in 4v4 without hurting him in 1v1/2v2 they would have already done it. Like the fact that they are giving a window to escape multiple pins. That's still going to happen. Beyond that what makes him a problem in 4v4? I need to know so I can give feedback myself as a centurion main. I don't do 4v4 I mainly duel/brawl. Is it his kick? is it the fact that he's got 2 "bashes" and unblockable heavies? his stamina drain? Please be specific and constructive.

It's pretty hard for me let alone any developer to understand the problem if the majority of what is seen is just blatent crying or hyperbolic statements.

I'll explain:

You enter either into Skirmish, Elimination or Dominion and the chance is highly likely you will encounter at least 2 (most of the times 3-4) centurions. They're always grouped together, for a very good reason. Imagine 2+ Centurions jumping on you with either the unblockable kick or the uninterruptable top heavy, where at least one of them you can't see or negate at all.

As soon as ONE of those attacks hit you, you are dead, plain and simple. At this moment, you will be stunlocked between kicks, punches (charged, uncharged), knockdowns and ground punishes. This never ending cycle of death can be confirmed with 2 centurions, now try to imagine 4.

Furthermore, even if they are killable in 1v1, they have the following:
- Heavies at light attack speed
- 2 unblockables
- 1 uninterruptable
- SOFT FEINTS
- Chain mixup that will kill all average or below average HP players of they screw up ONCE
- Stamina drain

Now, combine these traits, with epic 144 gear, times x4 centurions in a chaotic 4v4 match where it's impossible to cover every angle of your character.

Furthermore, he also now has increased guard switch speed to be able to out spam and counter assassin type characters.

This is what I call a love child on steroids. And the worst joke is that they do not have any nerfs or changes planned or upcoming.

I hope that works for your constructive feedback.

psyminion
06-09-2017, 09:03 PM
Being a director or someone in a managing position does not only grant you authority, but also responsibility. Seeing as he has been representing these specific portions of the game for a while now, and the blatant obvious favoritism to his love child, the centurion, you can see why this is being directed towards him.

The centurion is flat out destroying the game for everyone standing their ground and playing the character they love instead of jumping on the band wagon. The worst part is that he addressed this issue with this carefree 'git gud' attitude and 'stop *****ing' as if the fault is on US and not the ones that developed that love child on steroids.

You talk about the game as if we, the player base and community, have no say in whatever happens to the game and are not allowed to have opinions.

This game is alive BECAUSE of the community and player base, and as much as the dev team deserve respect for the game, we deserve the same amount for sticking by it through countless ****, errors, balance issues, matchmaking, disconnects and now this. On top of that, we are PAYING for a license to play, which is what keeps this game alive as well.

So, with all due respect. Shut the **** up.

I love the community leaders and Eric because they know how to communicate to their player base with respect, honesty and understanding. What Roman did, was far from that.

no I won't 'shut the f*ck up'

you are just some dude on the internet who feels that the time he has invested into PLAYING A VIDEO GAME is deserving the same respect for the people that WORKED FOR YEARS ON IT.

maybe after some more life experience, you'll come to see that no one owes you ANYTHING, regardless your feelings on the matter.

peace.

KilluminatiSH
06-09-2017, 09:07 PM
no I won't 'shut the f*ck up'

you are just some dude on the internet who feels that the time he has invested into PLAYING A VIDEO GAME is deserving the same respect for the people that WORKED FOR YEARS ON IT.

maybe after some more life experience, you'll come to see that no one owes you ANYTHING, regardless your feelings on the matter.

peace.

That's your comeback? Okay, kid, move on.

Arkhos1988
06-09-2017, 09:10 PM
90% of the faction, don't nerf centurio only play him couse easy, no skill and they don't want to get good as they allways respond. He might not be op 1v1 on highlevel play but everywhere else he is just broken. This is not saying there aren't any other broken champs but he is the most anoing atm couse every **** tard with 0 skill and honor plays him.
You find that insulting, then learn a real champ and not this ****.

Knight_Raime
06-09-2017, 09:16 PM
I'll explain:

You enter either into Skirmish, Elimination or Dominion and the chance is highly likely you will encounter at least 2 (most of the times 3-4) centurions. They're always grouped together, for a very good reason. Imagine 2+ Centurions jumping on you with either the unblockable kick or the uninterruptable top heavy, where at least one of them you can't see or negate at all.

As soon as ONE of those attacks hit you, you are dead, plain and simple. At this moment, you will be stunlocked between kicks, punches (charged, uncharged), knockdowns and ground punishes. This never ending cycle of death can be confirmed with 2 centurions, now try to imagine 4.

- 2 unblockables
- 1 uninterruptable
- SOFT FEINTS
- Chain mixup that will kill all average or below average HP players of they screw up ONCE

Now, combine these traits, with epic 144 gear, times x4 centurions in a chaotic 4v4 match where it's impossible to cover every angle of your character.

Furthermore, he also now has increased guard switch speed to be able to out spam and counter assassin type characters.

This is what I call a love child on steroids. And the worst joke is that they do not have any nerfs or changes planned or upcoming.

So I appreciate you attempting to explain instead of just jumping down my throat. Thanks. Now let me try to get into this.

So If I am understanding you correctly his kicks/punches are a problem because they can be overlayed with another centurion?
That's what it sounds like to me. Basically "move spam" from the duplicate hero. I'll get to how we can probably fix that in a second.

As for your comment on 1v1. as someone who is an above average player (that gets often told that i'm the best/one of the best centurions they've fought) I've had people completely shut me down. As of recent it was a rep 30 nobushi that kept me on the defense. Their mix up game prevented me from easy parry punishes. and they had the timing down on my soft feint game (which is bad btw if you initate it from neutral) I could sit here and argue about how weak the centurion is in 1v1 and how the points you brought up while sounding strong mostly don't amount to much when you fight someone pretty good. But i'll save that for a different thread.

So here we go with my suggestions on the centurion in 4v4. The first solution that comes to mind is a hero limit. Regardless of how that's implimented or when for what reason I feel it's going to be needed so we don't run into this kind of problem in the future. and even if that was avoided hero stacking just doesn't belong in any competitive hero like game. and since the devs seem to want a competitive experience it puzzles me that they are really against it. But the overwatch devs were really against it as well but eventually buckled to it. Maybe these devs will too once we get the rest of year 1's cast in.

My second solution would be to go with what another popular fighting game does called "super smash brothers." Basically put the moves become "less effective" if spammed in a short time. IN that game it equates to less damage and less knocking around power. They could add this into the game. Where if you get kicked basically right after you've already been kicked the second kick could do less stun and less stamina damage. As an example. But this would require a lot of work on their end and frankly it wouldn't be a solution that would happen right away even if it became the top priority. as for honor has more things going mechanically compared to smash.

So my bandaid solution would be for them to add windows of escape. They are already doing this with centurions pin. With kick spam the second kick after it lands your character could get "uninteruptable" as a temp thing. allowing you to eat whatever action next but not flinch. Then you could react properly by countering whatever comes after that. I'm not sure how complicated that would be. They could instead opt to make revenge (as it pops up rather easily in a gank situation) give CC immunity for the first half of your revenge time. of course the enemy would be aware of this and could simply just run away. but then you wouldn't have to worry about the gank then would you?

I've been wanting them to rework revenge for awhile. And if interested I could explain how. But yeah. That's how i'd do it. Short term solution change revenge to aid against this specific issue. Long term? either add hero limit or deminishing returns to spammed moves in a short window of time.

l8knight347
06-09-2017, 09:36 PM
wtf. the centurion is a little annoying or a lot annoying but come on.

darkspawn2101
06-09-2017, 09:36 PM
I'd dismiss this outright but I've seen too many creative leads stonewall any 'improvements' because they dont like them.

So I personally cant dismiss this poster out of hand.

Duuklah
06-09-2017, 09:39 PM
I'll explain:

- 2 unblockables
- 1 uninterruptable
- SOFT FEINTS
- Stamina drain

Your homie AntonioJ26 doesn't agree with your point of view on Centurions man..

FredEx919
06-09-2017, 10:11 PM
Closing this up. Everyone, please keep the conversations constructive and please do not call out Ubi employees, players, forum users, forums mods & staff, or anyone else in your post titles. This isn't the place for that. You can find the forum guidelines here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1172268-(Please-read-before-posting)-Welcome-to-the-official-FOR-HONOR-forum!