PDA

View Full Version : Why no warriors of other cultures besides just japan & western europe.

DudeTheDude12
06-09-2017, 07:37 PM
delete

DrExtrem
06-09-2017, 08:12 PM
Holy crap.

You forgot Scandinavia.

kbvlcvfkhgc
06-09-2017, 08:20 PM
LOL?

the game is dying and the SJW's turn up and start complaining about diversity quotas in an imaginary word where the Samurai/Knights/Vikings have waged a thousand year long war?

Gray360UK
06-09-2017, 08:26 PM
Duh ... just change the skin colour option to black? Then everyone is from Africa ;)

SplugeKing
06-09-2017, 09:02 PM
Because these warriors are very popular in western culture. They could have made a faction for African, Egyptian, American Indian Aztec and indian Singh warriors but they didn't. Plus it's kinda hard to put a Mongol warrior in the game without a horse

DudeTheDude12
06-09-2017, 09:47 PM
what do u mean sjw just sayin u could put other warriars like a mongol or a greek guy. Thought it would be cool to have a larger range of characters to choose from.

kbvlcvfkhgc
06-09-2017, 10:05 PM
what do u mean sjw just sayin u could put other warriars like a mongol or a greek guy. Thought it would be cool to have a larger range of characters to choose from.

lets put a half Greek half Mongolian placard wielding Virtue Signaler into the mix then, his special power is making every team culturally diverse and he stands at the edge of the battlefield protesting saying its all America's fault, would that work?

bmason1000
06-09-2017, 10:12 PM
Holy s*** guys chill the f*** out. He's not complaining about diversity because of whatever "social justice" s*** that you think is so awful, he's just saying it would be cool if the roster were expanded. From an entertainment standpoint.

kbvlcvfkhgc
06-09-2017, 10:14 PM
Holy s*** guys chill the f*** out. He's not complaining about diversity because of whatever "social justice" s*** that you think is so awful, he's just saying it would be cool if the roster were expanded. From an entertainment standpoint.

i know, i'm just ****ing with him,

ViciousOphidian
06-09-2017, 10:29 PM
Because nobody cares.

Hormly
06-09-2017, 10:40 PM
My viking is black and has a zebra pelt over his shoulder, hes from Africa sir :D

Gray360UK
06-09-2017, 10:44 PM
My viking is black and has a zebra pelt over his shoulder, hes from Africa sir :D

https://media.giphy.com/media/l3q2XhfQ8oCkm1Ts4/giphy.gif

bmason1000
06-09-2017, 10:44 PM

Nice

UbiJurassic
06-09-2017, 11:23 PM
Why isn't there any other ones like Chines warriors. How about some from Africa or India. No Middle Eastern, no Eastern Europeans, no Native Americans. Apparently They don't exist in the world. Just Western Europe (U.K. France Italy Germany) and apparently on the whole continent of Asia just the island of Japan exists. It's just so boring is all.:nonchalance:

While we have tried to be accommodating in terms of in-game diversity, it's impossible to represent everyone. The world is just too big. :)

I, however, can't wait for us the implement my favorite hero. The American Redneck.

Here's a sneak peek.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/k9yS4LbpiVmtG/giphy.gif

Y_Shrewditch
06-09-2017, 11:31 PM
lets put a half Greek half Mongolian placard wielding Virtue Signaler into the mix then, his special power is making every team culturally diverse and he stands at the edge of the battlefield protesting saying its all America's fault, would that work?

Only when we all get the same medal at the end of a match and nobody actually, you know... loses. :D

Except the redneck ofcourse, he loses just because he's a redneck and needs to be punished for everything wrong with the world ;)

Hormly
06-09-2017, 11:54 PM
While we have tried to be accommodating in terms of in-game diversity, it's impossible to represent everyone. The world is just too big. :)

I, however, can't wait for us the implement my favorite hero. The American Redneck.

Here's a sneak peek.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/k9yS4LbpiVmtG/giphy.gif

its ok cause hes white :D

Hormly
06-09-2017, 11:56 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/l3q2XhfQ8oCkm1Ts4/giphy.gif

thank you, thank you

DudeTheDude12
06-11-2017, 07:52 AM

It's just stupid when someone mentions Africa u think black what about north Africa u know lik Egypt. Still it would be cool to hav a Zulu warrior.

DudeTheDude12
06-11-2017, 07:56 AM
its ok cause hes white :D

Actually u could have an American patriot looking guy with a saber n musket pistol, would hav to be close range to keep with the melee style of the game. Could easily be a pirate too.

Arkhos1988
06-11-2017, 08:00 AM
Give us the transgender black amazone with jewish routs, if i missed any minoritys sry:p

Egotistic_Ez
06-11-2017, 08:04 AM
The game is designed around factions, so you need ones that are iconic. Knights, samurai, and vikings are the best fit for that.

Duh ... just change the skin colour option to black? Then everyone is from Africa ;)

You have no idea how much it annoys me when games do that. lol

DrExtrem
06-11-2017, 08:34 AM
Skin colour options ..

nice idea ... Especially, when you play warden, pk or lb. :rolleyes:

Btw. If a hero has no visible skin, skin color options are quite useless aren't they? The only thing it does, is make you feel better. Except, when you are playing fem-warden ... in thus case, you are stuck to people, who have blond hair in their gene pool.

ONYX_x5
06-11-2017, 08:42 AM
If the game survives the Pata Sword would be very cool.

ONYX_x5
06-11-2017, 09:09 AM
Second thought here. Yes Para would be cool. AFTER.. We fix the ones we have nowwwww.

Aarpian
06-12-2017, 09:21 AM
It's just stupid when someone mentions Africa u think black what about north Africa u know lik Egypt. Still it would be cool to hav a Zulu warrior.
How the **** is this stupid? Are you insane?

ceaser64
06-12-2017, 10:02 AM
Just a guess, but maybe because vkikings, samuri, and knights are pretty much recognized by everyone?

Gray360UK
06-12-2017, 12:36 PM

What colour you think Egyptians are? White? :rolleyes:

This is a group of Egyptians ...

http://d39ya49a1fwv14.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Modern-Black-Egyptians.jpg

DudeTheDude12
06-12-2017, 01:17 PM

http://d39ya49a1fwv14.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Modern-Black-Egyptians.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_Egypt ohh look the president of egypt does he look like the picture you just should

Stahlrusse
06-12-2017, 01:26 PM
1. I'm going to guess that For Honor is made for western audiences, which grew up with samurai, knights and vikings.

2. You cannot include every warrior type in this game, because there are just too many and many different types of warriors mean many different disbalances.

Gray360UK
06-12-2017, 04:02 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_Egypt ohh look the president of egypt does he look like the picture you just should

Not sure what you think you're proving. The last president of America was black. The new one is white. So what.

Thinking black when somebody mentions Africa is kinda normal, right up there with thinking yellow when somebody mentions China and thinking brown when somebody mentions India. I'm not sure if you think you're battlling racism, if you're some kind of hyper-sensitive misguided SJW, but it's not racism if it's true.

DudeTheDude12
06-13-2017, 03:43 AM

looked up the thing you where talking about and says here they're a minority and sub-Saharan and has the exact picture you showed

http://atlantablackstar.com/2015/10/16/8-disturbing-things-know-black-modern-day-egypt/ does this clarify things,and https://www.quora.com/Where-are-the-ancient-Egyptians-today does this also clarify

Vordred
06-13-2017, 03:50 AM
there is a simple reason... because the whole core premise of the game was Knights vs Vikings vs Samurai.

now ok the Centurian does break that mold. but still that was the core idea behind the game. it's not Deadliest Warrior, its For Honor

DudeTheDude12
06-13-2017, 04:26 AM
there is a simple reason... because the whole core premise of the game was Knights vs Vikings vs Samurai.

now ok the Centurian does break that mold. but still that was the core idea behind the game. it's not Deadliest Warrior, its For Honor

OK I agree with that but just thought it would be fun to have more options but apparently this was a bad idea nobody cares I guess I don't any more either because this argument will never end it will just go and on and on and I'm done anybody else has something to say I DONT CARE IM DONE

Gray360UK
06-13-2017, 09:39 AM
does this clarify things

No, because you've sidetracked the issue onto who lives in Egypt, when the original issue you had was with 'people thinking black when somebody mentions Africa'. If you can prove that Africa isn't predominantly populated by black people then you go right ahead. Good luck with that one. We both know you're just being a pedantic arse and have no real point.

Y_Shrewditch
06-13-2017, 10:18 AM
OK I agree with that but just thought it would be fun to have more options but apparently this was a bad idea nobody cares I guess I don't any more either because this argument will never end it will just go and on and on and I'm done anybody else has something to say I DONT CARE IM DONE

Dude, chill, this is the internet. Some here were just taking a poke at the proposition because, well, it was funny ;)

There are other (RTS) games with armies from different civilization from all continents, so your idea is not that far-fetched at all. And who knows, maybe another continent will be 'discovered' along the way.

But in general, the most appeal and largest interest is for the comparison between Knights and Samurai, and the Barbarian hordes they had to deal with. At least that's the case for their targeted marketing group. Maybe after Assassin Creed: Origins they'll put some of the Egyptian stuff in. Might actually be cool ;)

kweassa1
06-13-2017, 03:59 PM
Let's hope that the remaining slots for the game introduces some more exotic cultural choices. The 1 spot left for Samurai's already known to be 'Ronin', which most definitely will feature a duel-wield swordsman... and the yet unintroduced new Viking hero a "Highlander"... so that's 1 spot for Knights and 1 spot for Vikings left.

Maybe they'll introduce more DLCs afterwards, but who knows.

FootlessRhino
06-13-2017, 04:30 PM
I think it would be a cool idea to introduce fighters from other cultures. They could be presented as 'mercenaries' since there's really no point in creating more factions.