PDA

View Full Version : battlemap.net ...Your destination for all things Far Cry.

akilyoung
06-08-2017, 10:39 PM
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/lilmonkey143/bm1_zpstg8bfonj.png (http://s53.photobucket.com/user/lilmonkey143/media/bm1_zpstg8bfonj.png.html)

Come check out our newly renovated dedicated Far Cry fan site, www.battlemap.net

Yes, weve been around for years, as some of you old timers know.

We gave the site a Far Cry 5 'refresh' to 'get with the hype'

We plan on hosting map making competitions shortly after release, so stay tuned!

Dont forget that we also have a map database where you can upload pics, map files and descriptions of your maps.

You can browse and search for maps by author, map name, etc...

If you have any questions, feel free to send myself, or Anorexic_Buddha a PM, or stop by and say hi at www.battlemap.net !

Hope to see you there!

legacyzero
06-09-2017, 04:45 PM
Seriously, this is a good site. Loved it from the FC4 days, even though it was a disappointment for Multiplayer fans and the Editor. Recomended

Fallen-Champ
06-09-2017, 06:58 PM
Greg (Maxpower) used to be one of the Admins at fcmaps.net before he started battlemap.net back then we had a handful of admins, he did a very good job for the time he was there.
Battlemap used to do monthly themes for Far Cry 2 often different members would have a go at running them - choosing the theme and sorting out judges and playtests etc..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTkNu9UGoJE

Unfortunately Far Cry 3's multiplayer was not as popular as we had hoped mostly due to the difficult way in which user created maps were played via invite.
Battlemap.net upgraded but it was one of those things where everything was lost as it moved to a new server (I don't know the ins and outs but it was a fresh start) and again far Cry 4 had no editing / hosting of multiplayer maps so basically most of the previous members never came back:(

This time I think the site will get back to it's glory days if Far Cry 5 delivers a good multiplayer experience and editor.
I know Kyle (akilyoung) is excited already and can't wait to plan for a map contest for when the game releases, so expect to see Tutorials, Tips and Tricks, Multiplayer Matches, Map Contests and Monthly Themes, Videos of some of the maps we choose to feature by the community.

Looking forward to seeing some of the previous members sign back up - also I believe Battlemap can cover all 3 platforms now XB1, PS4, PC

akilyoung
06-09-2017, 11:49 PM
Thanks Legacy, we look forward to more of your upcoming videos, stop by and let us know when you make them so we can post them on the site! Well be looking for lots of content and content creators to keep the site flowing with fresh stuff.

Steve (Anorexic Buddahh) is right, we had older software for FC2, and it was chock full of map files, articles, a store, all kinds of stuff, we were pretty busy during the tail end of the FC2 days. When FC3 came out, we decided to upgrade the site to a more stable and updated forum style, but in the process we were forced to start with a fresh forum, which deleted everything we had, all our tutorials, threads, everything.

That combined with FC3 and FC4 failure of MP hosting made it to where we could never really get back on our feet. Every other FC fan site (that I know of) shut down, but we managed to stay afloat with a skeleton crew, hoping for the day we might get a FC that would re awaken the community.