PDA

View Full Version : Dueling today - Centurions... Can't do a single duel without facing this crap.

Duuklah
06-08-2017, 05:23 AM
I must be bad. I can't deal with em. I have like a 50% win ratio today.

I seem to win most fights vs non centurion players and lose vs centurions. Explain to me why I can win most fights vs old school characters but when it comes to Centurion its almost a for drawn conclusion.

Ive been trying to use my valk to get an order done. I just don't get how Im supposed to deal with a version of myself on roids.. I run my whole stam bar in landed hits and combos andmix ups and hes at 40% life.. Then he lands one skill next thing you know im OOS and at 25% life.

Then I get kicked into a corners backing away trying to regain stam kept OOS and then owned..

****ing ********.. so sick of this.

Antonioj26
06-08-2017, 06:26 AM

I seem to win most fights vs non centurion players and lose vs centurions. Explain to me why I can win most fights vs old school characters but when it comes to Centurion its almost a for drawn conclusion.

Ive been trying to use my valk to get an order done. I just don't get how Im supposed to deal with a version of myself on roids.. I run my whole stam bar in landed hits and combos andmix ups and hes at 40% life.. Then he lands one skill next thing you know im OOS and at 25% life.

Then I get kicked into a corners backing away trying to regain stam kept OOS and then owned..

You should record your fights and post them so we can give you some tips.

Duuklah
06-08-2017, 07:18 AM
I've got my GeForce Experience up and running now.

I'll get some footage and put it on my youtube and then link it.

My issue is that the threshold of a player I can beat changes substantially when my opponent plays a centurion.

Basically I rolfstomp a guy on 3 diff characters then he switches to cent and rapes me.. So boring. whatever.

CoyoteXStarrk
06-08-2017, 07:21 AM
They are extremely easy 1v1 once you gget the timing down.

Its why I put him down after I got him to Rep 1 and half. I got tired of getting shat on in 1v1s.

Went right back to my beserker.

kweassa1917
06-08-2017, 07:40 AM
Starting up with Legion Kick is outdated and obsolete tactic nowadays, so it basically comes down to how well you can evade full-charged jab leading to a knockdown -- which means everything boils down to recognizing signs of lion's bite (hvy-hvy) on full charge/UB and learning to dodge/parry it. When you know it's coming parrying it, dodging it isn't too difficult. It's usually when you unexpectedly face a hvy-hvy attempt from a cent that gets you hit by the 2nd UB, and inevitably the charged jab.

So now you know what to really practice for. :rolleyes:

fretti21
06-08-2017, 11:23 AM
They are extremely easy 1v1 once you gget the timing down. This.

Now if you make a mistake you are going to suffer more then against the old chars. Some pointers to get you going, side dodge the kick and be ready for block or parry other options are to try and gb or how i like to do it swing a light and then try gb, the leap is easy to parry and punishable but dodging it works too if they manage to knock you down get ready to dodge again most will try to kick you again to get the pain train back on track, and stay a way of walls try to take the fight on open areas if possible so you dont get stuck on wall spam.

CaynAldan
06-08-2017, 11:37 AM
One good trciks is to be aware of his heavy attacks that are the openers for jab. Just dodge or parry them or dodge after a block. Don't spam dodge to avoid GB. Once you get jabbed, if you are near a wall, we will pray for your sould :D
if not, there is a small opportunity window to scape after puchs of before kick, if i remember right

DrinkinMyStella
06-08-2017, 11:57 AM
most cents i played against and even when i'm using him we time our attacks in mid flow of your attack then once that heavy gets in then the jab will follow with an attempted light chain, beware of the GB because this is his main punishment, be prepared to CGB, if your against a wall then serious damage will come or if not then he will drain your stamina, so time your attacks and dodge the charged attacks and kick for a free GB, never get bullied into a small space.

Dhaleks
06-08-2017, 12:13 PM
All these advices are good, but it doesn't change the fact that centurions are OP punishers.

You can afford a few mistakes against any characters, but against a cent, it's a death sentence.
Getting stun-locked for more than 5 secs because of a single mistake (not to mention the stam drain) is simply ridiculous.

FinnOfTheHorde
06-08-2017, 12:16 PM
Seriously? Play over 50 duels in 2 days and I only once lost vs Centurion... Just go and do good dodge/parry and he is ez to kill. I played as LB, Warden, Orochi, Shinobi, Zerker and they all good against him. Just learn how to play vs him.

XxHunterHxX
06-08-2017, 12:20 PM
doge !

Blasto95
06-08-2017, 12:23 PM
All these advices are good, but it doesn't change the fact that centurions are OP punishers.

You can afford a few mistakes against any characters, but against a cent, it's a death sentence.
Getting stun-locked for more than 5 secs because of a single mistake (not to mention the stam drain) is simply ridiculous.

No you cant afford a mistake against any character...Go ahead and get tossed down by Zerker or Raider or any hero that gets a double heavy punish. Warlord and Raider will carry you 600ft. Nobushi will kick you to death into a wall.

Without that strong punish, Centurion would be right there with Kensei. Kick is easily avoided and can be punished. The jab can be avoided and is HEAVILY punished every single time. Any long range lunge is easily parried. Light attacks are not super fast and the GB inbetween attacks is just as easy as a normal GB to counter. His unblockable takes only 3 years to charge up. The only way a Centurion is beating you is when you make mistakes.

Hes OP in 4v4, needs to be nerfed 100%. But they cant let it effect his 1v1 game play or buff him somewhere else to compensate for the 4v4 nerf. Right now hes a decent duel guy, mainly because people are still getting used to Shinobi/Centurion. Unless someone discovers some awesome "tech", Centurion will not be a good duel character without a buff.

Epoqx
06-08-2017, 12:23 PM
As said above, you are an average player. Face it.
Good thing is, you can only improve !

Cent is really strong against players from your level tier and less. He needs a good comprehension of the mechanics of the game.

You need to train vs him more, and learn the dodge and parry timings. Once you get this u'll become good, and you will destroy the others of your level. Cent can punish hard, but do to his low hp pool, he can get reallly hardly punished too.

I'll give one tip : change your habits, and adapt to each character and opponent. This is the reason why players stick to their level.
Once you get better, your habits will get better.

I posted this on another thread, i think you could take some few lines from it.

Edit : dont take into account the average player words.

Obdach01
06-08-2017, 01:08 PM

Mate, it's just the personal way of playing a game. I have no trouble whatsoever against the new ones, but I still suffer against Orochi and Shugoki. My playstyle is just not made to play against them. Still not sick of the game. There is always an archnemesis, and yours is the Cent. He is not mine though. Mine are Shugoki and Orochi. And sometimes Kensej ;)

Gray360UK
06-08-2017, 01:08 PM
doge !

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/663/059/bcd.png