PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Trekkies to Play Seriously

ickyptang
06-08-2017, 02:48 AM
I'm looking for trekkies who want to full-on roleplay with this game and nerd out to the extreme - yes, I realize that sentence is already exceedingly nerdy.

Meaning: staying in character/in game, not referencing the "real world" or the fact that it's a game while in a mission, keeping joking only to in-game stuff that would fit the scenario (and not insulting or demeaning others), etc. It isn't about skill level or expertise at a station (I'm still very much learning the game myself) - it's about trying your best to embody the Star Trek world.

This ranges from the simple "yes, captain"s and "aye aye, sir"s and doing your best to mimic Star Trek lingo, to also trying to stick with (and grow into) a set station during a multi-mission play session (or potentially over multiple sessions). Those playing as Vulcans getting into it, too, with minimal emotions and the occasional "fascinating" would be great.

I'm sure that won't be fun for everyone - but for a specific type of person (like myself) it would be amazing.

So, who's in for some full-on Trekkie sessions?

I'm ickyptang on PSN if anyone is interested.

Lt._Cmdr._Ryan
06-08-2017, 06:34 AM
I understand why you'd want to do this, but I think the game needs to be much more complex in order to make this choice entertaining.

When I play and we're all going buy the book, it's just a little dull.

Now if you have longer more complex, more challenging missions, I can see this would be fun. Right now it seems we can all memorize missions and how to defeat them. So full on role playing would just feel like reading a script.

That's where the joking comes in to provide the fun.

BB_Coolcat
06-08-2017, 08:51 AM
@ickyptang: Potentially interested. In which timezone are you? I'm from Germany, CEST timezone, send me a friend request in Uplay if you like :)

Metalswede
06-08-2017, 09:39 AM
I'm very much up for this. My prefered stations are helm and tactical

Whorley1971
06-08-2017, 05:24 PM
I'm interested. My preferred station would be Engineering, and my preferred ship is the TOS Connie. UPlay: Whorley1971 I'm in the US central time zone..

Captain_Summers
06-08-2017, 07:26 PM
Well, I've had this posted since before this game had its own forum.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1503073-Looking-for-regular-role-playing-group!-(PS4VR)-Forums

Feel free to join us at the discord server mentioned at the end of the thread.

ickyptang
06-09-2017, 01:01 AM
Thank you everyone for the responses!

C0mmander_Ryan, I agree that the game could use more complexity (and lots of other things that updates and/or free DLC will hopefully bring), and that the interaction might be limited/boring without more, but I know I've really enjoyed those few moments where it felt like "real" roleplay in the few sessions I had - so I'm looking for more. As for memorization, hopefully the ongoing missions should help prevent at least some of that.

BB_Coolcat, I'm east coast USA (GMT -5), though the hours I play vary (mostly later at night here.

I'll add you all on Uplay (or PSN if possible), and, again, feel free to add me.

I also highly suggest joining the Discord server CaptainSummers set up - it's been great, so far!

LtCdr-Stewart
06-09-2017, 07:33 AM
I would also be up for this I can play any position I like Engineer the best but I can do all of them I have over 40 hours in the game. Yes sometimes the joking is a little too much I would like a little more RP.

ashlec01
06-09-2017, 08:10 PM
I do enjoy the free flowing personalities and commentary that I've experienced in this awesome Startrek experience. But I agree I would like to tap into my geek side and role play as well. If you are still looking for additional crew members count me in. I can play any positions needed and would like to Captain as well. Cheers

Captain_Slogg
06-12-2017, 04:29 PM
I am keen on playing a regular crew on the Connie. Friend me in the club and let me know when you play.

Captain_Summers
06-12-2017, 04:41 PM
I am keen on playing a regular crew on the Connie. Friend me in the club and let me know when you play.

Excellent... more people to crew the Enterprise with.. Yes!

Ice_man17
06-13-2017, 01:46 PM
I'm interested, sign me up if anyone is looking for someone to play with more regularily

Aram_LFC
06-14-2017, 12:29 AM
More than willing to get into the RP side of this amazing game... Comfortable with all roles. Playing on Rift with Touch Controllers

Steam: Aram[LFC]
UPlay: Aram_LFC

*Taps Comm Badge and Beams Out*

Mulletino
06-14-2017, 01:16 AM
I'd be happy to give it a go seriously, will I have to wear my uniform? (minus the Stormy bucket of course)

https://scontent-syd2-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/18299157_794656510691034_508468581034360832_n.jpg

(although the lapel pins are currently set as Captain from when we used it as the Captain shirt in our last session of Artemis, too much hassle to change them for each station)

Chuck me a request on Ubisoft Club (am on PSVR) - i'm Angry_Mulletino there.

Brian M523
06-19-2017, 06:49 PM
I'm looking for trekkies who want to full-on roleplay with this game and nerd out to the extreme - yes, I realize that sentence is already exceedingly nerdy.

Meaning: staying in character/in game, not referencing the "real world" or the fact that it's a game while in a mission, keeping joking only to in-game stuff that would fit the scenario (and not insulting or demeaning others), etc. It isn't about skill level or expertise at a station (I'm still very much learning the game myself) - it's about trying your best to embody the Star Trek world.

This ranges from the simple "yes, captain"s and "aye aye, sir"s and doing your best to mimic Star Trek lingo, to also trying to stick with (and grow into) a set station during a multi-mission play session (or potentially over multiple sessions). Those playing as Vulcans getting into it, too, with minimal emotions and the occasional "fascinating" would be great.

I'm sure that won't be fun for everyone - but for a specific type of person (like myself) it would be amazing.

So, who's in for some full-on Trekkie sessions?

I'm ickyptang on PSN if anyone is interested.

I would love this... Techpro523 on PSN, or Brianm523 on Ubisoft Club. I live in the Central Time zone of the US, and usually play evenings/weekends.

ashlec01
06-19-2017, 09:09 PM
I would love this... Techpro523 on PSN, or Brianm523 on Ubisoft Club. I live in the Central Time zone of the US, and usually play evenings/weekends.

Forgot to put my psn name lord_braxxis I play in western Canada and also play evenings and weekends

Captain_Summers
06-20-2017, 11:26 AM
I haven't seen anyone on, nor received any friend requests / game invites.

I've been told the invite system is broken, but here's both my gamer tags. Send a message and I'll reply.

PSN: elphaba_summers
UPlay: Captain_Summers

M0ONER
06-23-2017, 03:29 AM
I would totally be down for that!

McSherlock
06-23-2017, 09:42 PM
Let me know if your interested I've completed all my Starfleet training courses and currently awaiting your subspace response

My handle on PSN is McSherlock

Ocard_
06-24-2017, 01:00 PM
I often struggle in/before missions if I should tell someone what I expect from them (campaign missions I know) or if I should go out of character when I'm not the captain or just do what he says or wait for his order even if I know better. Especially when being helm it's tempting to just plot a course and engage when the captain is too slow.
Actually often, as a Captain I like it when Helm is thinking forward and acting on his own - as long as he does as I wish.
On the other hand, in fights, it's a bit frustrating when the crew does to its liking instead of obeying orders.

So yeah, I think you can count me in.

Uplay-Name: Ocard_
Origin: Germany
Preferred roles: Engineering & Captain (but training Helm and Tactical)
Ship: Aegis
Mission preferences: NOT Kobayashi Maru again...

Add me if you like.