PDA

View Full Version : Why play Valk when you could play Cent? Seriously......

Duuklah
06-07-2017, 06:37 AM
They get everything a Valk gets except WAY better recovery times.. Almost ZERO chance to punish a Cent while EVERY SINGLE VALK move has HUGE recovery..

Basically I feel like my valk "main" is like a 60% Centurion with the most punishable kit in the GAME..

SO what we can spam lights and have a few mixups.. THATS IT!!!

Yeah Valk is fine CENT is just ****ing OP.

AND no this isnt a rage post about the centurions that are ruining the game.. It really is just stupid that Cents are a valk on roids with heavies that launch as fast as our lights and have 3 t5imes as much Cc which is unblockable costs almost no stam and has almost ZERO recovery....

GAH!!!

XxHunterHxX
06-07-2017, 06:51 AM
i relly dont see the point of this topic....you want them to buff valkiri ? why not go for it the game is already broken its not like it will hurt it i have a friend that plays valkiri and he can ez win against pretty much anyone except the turtle caracters coz if he w8's and they do the same they just look at ecahother thill the timer is off....

My.Insanity
06-07-2017, 07:40 AM
Yeah i can feel you... there should be a bigger difference... Cent is a Mix-up Meele / Valk is a Mix-up Disabler

But still Cents have very good range (compared to Warlord who is the real Meele in this game) they have much more mix-ups (compared to Valk) and ofc they have much better cc then any other Character in this game.

Btw if you block the 2nd light attack from Valk you are finished with your combo.. if you block any attack from Cent he dont care at all and moves on with Punches / kicks etc which starts instant new Mix-ups.

in my eyes Cent need a complet rework... and i will look forward to the Nerf Patch.

bananaflow2017
06-07-2017, 10:52 AM
i relly dont see the point of this topic....you want them to buff valkiri ? why not go for it the game is already broken its not like it will hurt it i have a friend that plays valkiri and he can ez win against pretty much anyone except the turtle caracters coz if he w8's and they do the same they just look at ecahother thill the timer is off....

As a valk main i have to say that he isnt that wrong. The Cent is a stronger version of the valk. He has Stronger combos, better disabling effects than the "disabler" and punishes mistakes much harder than the valk.
The only important difference is the missing shield bash and a health bar.
So I still play my valk, but I think i wont play her that long anymore, if there will be no changes against for example turtles...

And yes i can also ein against anything except turtles....

Aarpian
06-07-2017, 12:07 PM
They get everything a Valk gets except WAY better recovery times.. Almost ZERO chance to punish a Cent while EVERY SINGLE VALK move has HUGE recovery..

Basically I feel like my valk "main" is like a 60% Centurion with the most punishable kit in the GAME..

AND no this isnt a rage post about the centurions that are ruining the game.. It really is just stupid that Cents are a valk on roids with heavies that launch as fast as our lights and have 3 t5imes as much Cc which is unblockable costs almost no stam and has almost ZERO recovery....

GAH!!!

More hp, longer range, dodge attacks, deflects lunge attack, safer combo strings, AOE disable, long range knockdown, infinite revenge combo.

Cent heavies are 600ms, valk lights are 500ms
Kick is unsafe
Punch is unsafe

Git gud.

Blasto95
06-07-2017, 12:16 PM
Centurion has way more mixups than Valk? Im not gonna argue that Cent might have a FEW more, but if you think Valk is limited in her mixups, you need to try a different character.

FFS her leg sweep is guaranteed more often than not on Console...

Herbstlicht
06-07-2017, 12:38 PM
I think Valk still goes strong - on consoles. Her lights are nastier then Centurions due to more range. She is one of the best gap closers in game still and has better defensive options then cent. Not saying she is superior - she is different - but very strong. Furthermore, she got deflect and dodge attack. In this regard, she is superior to cent. Besides, I see dodge moves getting more importance when the defensive meta is nerfed. So be happy you play Valk and not Kensei or Nobushi.

bananaflow2017
06-07-2017, 12:44 PM
More hp, longer range, dodge attacks, deflects lunge attack, safer combo strings, AOE disable, long range knockdown, infinite revenge combo.

Kick is unsafe
Punch is unsafe

Git gud.

Thats simply not true:

1. Safer combo strings:
Second light will get parried by Good Players. Shoulder bash gets dodged by Good Players. What is a gb or a heavy top in both cases. Sweep is dodged easy. When u eat 1 charged heavy from cent it's gg for u in 4v4 or 3/4 hp in duell. Every time a cent hits a shortly charged heavy there can allways fallow a shortly charged punch what is allways a lot of time. As a valk u never got a safe hit after anything except swep.
2. U really compare the speed of heavies to lights? Thats comparing Apples with pineapples.... and at least the consequences of eating the first light is: another light that u can parry or a sweep that u can dodge.
3. Cent got unparryable Engage, valk gets a gb even when u just block. Basicly every engage is a gb when it doesnt hit except normal light.
4.deflect:
Has ******* timing and the dmg isnt that high. More benefit from a parry+trying to Chain after ur gb+heavy.
5. Revenge combo: assasins can dodge it.
The Rest works.
6. Aoe disable: only important in 4v4 and u allways have to chain to this point. Against good turtles u dont come to this point.
7 Valk heavies are shiet compared to cent heavies.
8 Cent got better zone.
9 his Kick costs less stamina and is faster than ur shoulder bash.

Y are people in this Forum allways toxic....

My.Insanity
06-07-2017, 12:49 PM

Kick is unsafe
Punch is unsafe

Git gud.

LoL look at this Troll...
"longer range"... nah not rly Cent can jump very far and have a very buggy tracking
"doge attacks".. free GB if the enemy just block
"deflect lunge attack" unsafe as f**k and the dmg is a joke
"safer combo strings" What??? you mean light / light? (a block / parry will stop the combo instant)
"AOE Disable" yes... your teammates love this.. cuz you hit them all the time
"long range knockdown" Cents Superman punch tracks you all across the map and after that he can easy close the distance with his jump
"infinity revenge combo" okay.. i give you this...

"Cent HEAVYS <--- HEAVYYY you read that 600ms ... Valk LIGHT <--- LIGHT (the sh!t people flame about in all forums that she is toooo fast) 500 ms?!?!?
(so you tell me to Git gud while a Cent has the fastest Heavy this game has ever seen?)

"Kick is unsafe" rly? tell me about it.. cuz you can follow up with a heavy after a miss which makes you unable to get GB
"Punch is unsafe" rly? you can follow up with a light attack (garanteed if you hit the enemy with punch

so... you little noob maybe you should stop talking bullsh!t and play the game you are talking about more then 5min

CandleInTheDark
06-07-2017, 01:13 PM
Never played a cent but I can tell you the punches and kicks are punishable. I have done it with peacekeeper and berserker dodge attacks, warden and conq bashes and nobushi's hidden stance.

They are strong, they do need balancing and I am pretty sure I read somewhere they are getting a nerf in the next balance patch (pretty sure I read one of the reps say that while they only mentioned the shinobi kick, cent is getting attention too, couldn't link it though) but seriously, let them focus on the things that do need changing like the tracking and the wall splat rather than muddy the waters with less pressing issues.

Blasto95
06-07-2017, 01:19 PM
LoL look at this Troll...
"longer range"... nah not rly Cent can jump very far and have a very buggy tracking
"doge attacks".. free GB if the enemy just block
"deflect lunge attack" unsafe as f**k and the dmg is a joke
"safer combo strings" What??? you mean light / light? (a block / parry will stop the combo instant)
"AOE Disable" yes... your teammates love this.. cuz you hit them all the time
"long range knockdown" Cents Superman punch tracks you all across the map and after that he can easy close the distance with his jump
"infinity revenge combo" okay.. i give you this...

"Cent HEAVYS <--- HEAVYYY you read that 600ms ... Valk LIGHT <--- LIGHT (the sh!t people flame about in all forums that she is toooo fast) 500 ms?!?!?
(so you tell me to Git gud while a Cent has the fastest Heavy this game has ever seen?)

"Kick is unsafe" rly? tell me about it.. cuz you can follow up with a heavy after a miss which makes you unable to get GB
"Punch is unsafe" rly? you can follow up with a light attack (garanteed if you hit the enemy with punch

so... you little noob maybe you should stop talking bullsh!t and play the game you are talking about more then 5min

Longer Range- Yes Valk has longer range. If a centurion hits you with one of his lunge attacks, either A) it cam unexpected in a 4v4/2v2 or B) 100% your fault
Dodge Attacks- Ya its a free GB on Valk. But also most decent valks dont do the lunge attacks unless they know it will work
"Deflect" - The move is good, just way to unreliable to consistently use
I wouldnt say either hero has safe combos, or any hero for that matter.
Both heroes have the ability to knock someone down and get free damage off of it. Centurion is either guaranteed or youre really bad at dodging the punch. Valk is MUCH harder to avoid, but besides console I THINK its never guaranteed or very rare? But ya on console Leg sweep is broken.

Cent does have really fast heavies, but they are weak. And his unblockable which can be seen from a mile away, is only 5 damage more than his raw heavy. Still, they are fast heavies rather then lights.

Kick is unsafe. Why would you GB Centurion when its not even guarenteed and you know theres the risk of him following up with a heavy...Just dodge+attack or just dodge and parry. Its certaintly not easy, but not impossible either. A LOT easier to deal with then Shinobis kick.
Punch is VERY unsafe. Even the quick jab which can easily be dodged because well...its not quick, grants a free GB. No follow up attack or anything. Free GB for dodging a punch. Its not safe unless you land a full charged heavy.

So ya, Centurion is undoubtedly very strong in 4v4s. But not only is there an argument, but id say a good amount of people would say Valk is the better hero for a 1v1 match. 4v4, entirely different story, even though Valk is still good, its hard to top the move set Centurion brings to those game modes..

Obdach01
06-07-2017, 01:25 PM

GAH!!!

To answer the title of your post... because it's fun for me (I main Valk) and a game to me is supposed to be fun. Playing with Valk is more fun to me than a Cent, thus I play Valk, not Cent. If playing a game for you does not have the goal to have fun, or if your fun is restricted to your success in measurment of the size of your ego compared to others, then maybe you should play Cent... but if playing a game to you means having fun... there is your answer.
That simple.

Antonioj26
06-07-2017, 02:28 PM
Keep it moving folks, nothing to see here. it's just duuklah's daily cent rage thread. Cent is B tier, I hate to say it but git gud. 4s he's very strong but duels he's just decent.

AzureSky.
06-07-2017, 05:27 PM
Why Play Cent when you can play Raider? It has better stamina drain, better damage and a soft feint hit that also stuns + better health.

Chili_Reis
06-07-2017, 08:00 PM
"Deflect" - The move is good, just way to unreliable to consistently use

The move is automatically blocked if used on lights.

I wouldnt say either hero has safe combos, or any hero for that matter.

Valk has only lights in the middle of her chains. So everytime a Valk does more than 1 attack you can be sure it's a light that can't be feinted. Thats why you simply can't use more than 1 attack at a time versus good opponents. People even unlock and hit behind them so they can advance in chains. Thats just bad design.
Cent can charge his heavies or turn them into guardbreaks. You can't punish a Cent for failed parry attempts with all Characters because of the fast heavies either.

Both heroes have the ability to knock someone down and get free damage off of it. Centurion is either guaranteed or youre really bad at dodging the punch. Valk is MUCH harder to avoid, but besides console I THINK its never guaranteed or very rare? But ya on console Leg sweep is broken.

On Pc it is so easy to avoid that it rarely works. You can only use it as chain finisher or after shieldbash. As i said using chains is suicide versus a good opponent and using it after shieldbash is just free gb.
And Valk gets 25 free damage while Cent gets 35 off it.

Cent does have really fast heavies, but they are weak. And his unblockable which can be seen from a mile away, is only 5 damage more than his raw heavy. Still, they are fast heavies rather then lights.

A lot of people say his heavies are weak and i just can't understand it. They deal 25 damage with 600ms speed. Valk and Conq while having a lot of CC too have the same damage but way slower heavies. Also Cent has his broken 65 combos off light parries and wall throws. So you can't really punish him when he tries to parry a feint but he gets 65 damage off of a light parry? How is that balanced?

Kick is unsafe. Why would you GB Centurion when its not even guarenteed and you know theres the risk of him following up with a heavy...Just dodge+attack or just dodge and parry. Its certaintly not easy, but not impossible either. A LOT easier to deal with then Shinobis kick.
Punch is VERY unsafe. Even the quick jab which can easily be dodged because well...its not quick, grants a free GB. No follow up attack or anything. Free GB for dodging a punch. Its not safe unless you land a full charged heavy.

The quick jab is not that easily dodged on reaction and it guarantees a light. If it would be harder to dodge it shouldn't guarantee anything except for the stamina damage.
His charged heavy is guaranteed on a light parry and wallthrow.
Spaming Centurions are easy to beat in 1vs1 but a Cent that is good at parrying is really dangerous.

So ya, Centurion is undoubtedly very strong in 4v4s. But not only is there an argument, but id say a good amount of people would say Valk is the better hero for a 1v1 match. 4v4, entirely different story, even though Valk is still good, its hard to top the move set Centurion brings to those game modes.

In 1vs1 a lot is dependant on safe attacks and good punishes. Valk has neither while Cent kills most of the Cast in 2 light parries or wall throws. Valk's only damaging combo is versus oos or low on stamina opponents everything else is 25 damage or less.
I would rate him slightly above orochi for 1vs1 because he counters light and feint dependant Characters really hard but they are low tier anyways. And yes, 4vs4 is a different story. Phlananx just breaks Elimination but it's not like it was balanced anyways.