PDA

View Full Version : Don't tell me I am the only one who finds Clay's story in ''Lost Archive'' sad

joshoolhorst
06-06-2017, 09:47 PM
I see all my friends *****ing on the Modern Day like people notice in my comments and say the Subject 16 stuff was uninteresting ''ooh he killed himself boooooooring who cares I didn't knew the guy anyway let me chew gum the lore is not interesting'' yeeeaaah I kinda hate them sometimes.
But the lost archive is just depressing to me because it tells the story before Clay commits suicide. That story hits me harder than most of the things that happen in the past I'm disappointed how his story was done in a DLC which I had to watch because I hate platforming levels and there was so much detail put into the surrounding.

ModernWaffle
06-06-2017, 10:30 PM
I haven't played the Lost Archive, but I certainly dislike it when they allocate significant main story-plots to DLC or any other medium outside the game itself. Particularly for Clay for despite only actually appearing in one game, he had a lot of character and charm to him which is a shame since he could have been developed even further.

Megas_Doux
06-07-2017, 12:29 AM
I too find it bad :nonchalance:

PS oh you mean sad, well then no

Sorrosyss
06-07-2017, 12:33 AM
It was sad. But then if you look at all the games, there is tragedy somewhere at some point. The franchise thrives on it. *nod*

LoyalACFan
06-07-2017, 02:34 AM
If The Lost Archive were strictly the story of Clay coming to terms with his own death and his relationship with his parents, I might actually like it. The block puzzle gameplay never was my thing, but it is a deeply personal story with a quiet, introspective quality you don't often find in AAA video games, and it's certainly visually compelling. If that was a little indie game in its own right, it would be pretty good.

But they had to go and ruin it by cutting the revelation of Lucy's betrayal out of the main game and stuffing it ham-fistedly into a $10 DLC. That's shameful, anti-consumer behavior, and I'll never forgive TLA for it.

VestigialLlama4
06-07-2017, 02:55 AM
Altair's story in ACRevelations was sad...Connor's story in AC3 was sad...parts of Ezio's story is sad...but Clay and Desmond I don't know, there isn't a lot of sadness there because their situations don't have a lot of reality to it.

Clay's story is absurd more than sad.

SixKeys
06-07-2017, 09:20 AM
I loved some of the imagery in TLA. It had a dreamlike quality to it, like how you had to crawl through a tunnel of dirt after witnessing your own funeral, or navigating a maze decorated with your own blood. It was really fitting to describe the state of mind of someone who feels trapped and traumatized. I just wish the execution was better. No trampoline blocks, lazer beams and other stupid stuff. And they really f***ed up with moving the Lucy revelation to a paid DLC. And what you got for "breaking the Loop" wasn't worth the effort.

cawatrooper9
06-07-2017, 02:29 PM
If The Lost Archive were strictly the story of Clay coming to terms with his own death and his relationship with his parents, I might actually like it. The block puzzle gameplay never was my thing, but it is a deeply personal story with a quiet, introspective quality you don't often find in AAA video games, and it's certainly visually compelling. If that was a little indie game in its own right, it would be pretty good.

But they had to go and ruin it by cutting the revelation of Lucy's betrayal out of the main game and stuffing it ham-fistedly into a $10 DLC. That's shameful, anti-consumer behavior, and I'll never forgive TLA for it.

That pretty much sums up my feelings for it, too.

Seems like there was a pretty cool story to tell, and it's a shame it was so badly squandered. It'd be like if the DLC for the next Far Cry game was a series of Rocksmith tracks, or if a major mechanic of the new Mass Effect was Sudoku puzzles (Joking! That one actually happened! :p)

I think there are some plot point in it that I initially hated when I heard about them (Lucy being a triple agent chief amongst them) because a lot of it seemed horribly contrived and retconned, but over time I think they're fine- they were just included in the wrong part of the game.
It'd be like if any big twist was included in alternative, optional (even for players of the main game) media- it would be less believable. For instance, imagine if a film like Citizen Kane ended after telling several anecdotes from the titular character's life, and the "Rosebud" thing was answered in an Archie comic later that year. It'd be confusing, misleading, and even its canonicity would be in question.