PDA

View Full Version : What sort of costumes will there be in the next AC?

IsAZebraACat
06-06-2017, 11:50 AM
My favorite part of AC is the costumes you can unlock that are NOT hooded/robes. My all time favorite so far was the Viking outfit in Rogue. I feel like the "iconic" AC hood breaks immersion for me, and we've seen so many iterations of it that I've gotten a little tired of seeing it.

What costumes do you think will be included in the new game?

LoyalACFan
06-06-2017, 12:51 PM
Wearing a hood breaks your immersion, but running around colonial New York in medieval Viking battle armor doesn't? :confused: Different strokes, I guess.

In any case, both leaked images we've seen of the next game's presumed protagonist Bayek have had the hood down. So it might be a moot point for you since it looks like you can just take the hood off of the default robes. But while we're talking about it... Eh, I'd be surprised if we didn't get some kind of "legendary Egyptian" gear from the tombs of like Khufu or Ozymandias or something.

ArmanYeghoyan
06-06-2017, 01:52 PM
I hope for all 8 Legacy outfits (Altair,Ezio,Connor,Edward,Arno,Shay,Jacob and Nikolai) :D

cawatrooper9
06-06-2017, 03:11 PM
Well, I hope all costumes include a hood toggle, so we don't have half of the new threads on release date about it (people really care about their hoods, apparently).

But I totally get what you mean, Zebra. While I think the hooded robes are iconic, the more period-centric outfits can be really cool, too. For instance, I love the piratey outfits, like the Shark Hunter and the Whaler.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/assassins-creed-4/thumb/b/bd/AC4BFO-0019.jpg/468px-AC4BFO-0019.jpg

Going off of the presumed setting- I don't know a ton about Egypt yet, but an Anubis inspired outfit could be really neat, as long as it's not considered offensive.

Xstantin
06-06-2017, 11:54 PM
Legacy outfits always look awkward and out of place imo, but I could see Altair's robes and Ezio Brotherhood's outfit returning.

I hope there is something crazy and gods/First Civ related, which hopefully is not as dumb looking as Aegis or Brutus set.

Megas_Doux
06-07-2017, 12:40 AM
Altair outfit and ACB Ezio *

Then, if the whole late greek/early roman setting rumour turns out to be true; a roman soldier outfit, greek soldier outfit, several egyptian ones and finally a ultimate armour probably worn by Ramesses II. I mean, he was said to be a great military leader and in the end, so.....

* Ubi,would you please include AC II's outfit this time.....

LoyalACFan
06-07-2017, 12:55 AM
Legacy outfits always look awkward and out of place imo, but I could see Altair's robes and Ezio Brotherhood's outfit returning.

I hope there is something crazy and gods/First Civ related, which hopefully is not as dumb looking as Aegis or Brutus set.

Yeah, I never use the legacy outfits tbh. The one exception being Altair's robes in Revelations (which, incidentally, you can use a bit of a glitch exploit to take the hood off of). But yeah, on the whole, I've never liked them, as you say, they look terribly out of place. Connor or Edward's robes on the streets of Paris? Blech.

Megas_Doux
06-07-2017, 12:56 AM
Connor or Edward's robes on the streets of Paris? Blech.

Nothing is worse than Altair's outfit in the caribbean :D

VestigialLlama4
06-07-2017, 01:23 AM
I am pretty sure what types of outfits will be there in the next game:

Basic Outfit:

Upgrades and Customizable Add-Ons.

Special Armor.

DLC Costumes.

Legacy Outfits (from earlier AC Games).

pirate1802
06-07-2017, 01:57 PM
Legacy outfits are getting out of hand. Before long we'll be having 15-20 legacy outfits alone.

wvstolzing
06-07-2017, 02:15 PM
Speaking of costumes, check this out:

https://youtu.be/DJXtvrsujl0?t=1m10s

It pretty much reproduces a tailor's work; then it becomes possible to simulate the physics of the clothes as they sit on the wearer. Real-time simulation would be extremely taxing in games, so they use prepackaged chunks of animation; but in 'cinematic trailers' and such, everything is simulated.

The software is called 'Marvelous Designer': https://www.marvelousdesigner.com/product/features

Megas_Doux
06-08-2017, 01:46 AM
Legacy outfits are getting out of hand. Before long we'll be having 15-20 legacy outfits alone.

To be fair, Syndicate only had Edward's and ACB's for Jacob and Aveline, Shao Jun and Elise for Evie.

I-Like-Pie45
06-08-2017, 04:21 AM
the only legacy outfit that should be in the game is Altair's cause he's #theoriginalassassin and #thetrueacorigin

LoyalACFan
06-08-2017, 04:22 AM
To be fair, Syndicate only had Edward's and ACB's for Jacob and Aveline, Shao Jun and Elise for Evie.

Like I said earlier, I don't use legacy outfits anyway, but IMO they really need to finally drop the ACB robes. We get it, Ubi, ACB was the pinnacle of AC hype, but it's been seven freaking years, and those robes have looked absolutely ridiculous in every game they've appeared in.

Bastiaen
06-08-2017, 08:34 PM
I'll be happy to get any of them, but they should be animus hacks of a sort, since any other context would not make any sense.

wvstolzing
06-08-2017, 08:42 PM
Like I said earlier, I don't use legacy outfits anyway, but IMO they really need to finally drop the ACB robes. We get it, Ubi, ACB was the pinnacle of AC hype, but it's been seven freaking years, and those robes have looked absolutely ridiculous in every game they've appeared in.

... including ACB. I mean, unless it's a clever Hitchhiker's reference, that bathrobe with extra towels dangling on all sides looks extra absurd for a guy who spends his day running and climbing walls.

At least Giovanni's robes in AC2 were lighter, and had a simple elegance to them.

cawatrooper9
06-08-2017, 08:45 PM
... including ACB. I mean, unless it's a clever Hitchhiker's reference, that bathrobe with extra towels dangling on all sides looks extra absurd for a guy who spends his day running and climbing walls.

At least Giovanni's robes in AC2 were lighter, and had a simple elegance to them.

Yeah, when it comes to Ezio default robes, I'd take AC2 and ACR above the apparently more popular ACB. In fact, ACII and ACR robes rank among some of my favorite in the franchise- ACB's might be the worst, in my opinion.

LoyalACFan
06-08-2017, 09:53 PM
Yeah, when it comes to Ezio default robes, I'd take AC2 and ACR above the apparently more popular ACB. In fact, ACII and ACR robes rank among some of my favorite in the franchise- ACB's might be the worst, in my opinion.

Yeah, I've said for a long time that the ACB robes are some of my least favorite in the series, and definitely my least favorite of Ezio's.. I mean, they're cool, but they look like something meant for ceremonial purposes. Not climbing around the city and blending in with freaking cardinals (that Basilica di San Pietro mission still makes me cringe). Not to mention they look like they'd be sweaty as all hell.

cawatrooper9
06-08-2017, 10:09 PM
Yeah, luckily Broho had pretty good dying options. I miss the days when you could customize your cape and robes separately.

Anyway, other ideas for costumes- a mummy one might be silly, but fun. They did the Mary Shelley inspired one for Syndicate, so this could be a neat expanding on the tradition of Universal monster-inspired robes.

LoyalACFan
06-09-2017, 10:11 AM
Yeah, luckily Broho had pretty good dying options. I miss the days when you could customize your cape and robes separately.

Well, ACB was the last time we had a cape, so... :p

EDIT- forgot Evie wore capes too, but you could customize those separately from your robes as well

cawatrooper9
06-09-2017, 02:37 PM
Well, ACB was the last time we had a cape, so... :p

EDIT- forgot Evie wore capes too, but you could customize those separately from your robes as well

Could you? I forgot about that.

LoyalACFan
06-09-2017, 09:56 PM
Could you? I forgot about that.

You couldn't technically dye them or anything, I just meant there was an assortment of capes to choose from. So you can't customize the capes themselves, but you can choose from like 30 of them.