PDA

View Full Version : Hat1=Head_Movement

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 09:04 PM
I'm getting good at this TrackIR thing and a natural development of it would in my opinion be the implementation of head moment in BoB. Let's say that Hat1 on the joystick can move the head right, left, up and down within the natural restrictions and TrackIR takes care of the direction of the eyes. To look over your right shoulder; either Hat1 to the right and then TrakIR around to the right or TrackIR around to the right and then Hat1 to the left. Get it?
If we can have the option to open the canopy and lean out while taxing and flying with the head in the wind we will have a "jolly good time"! Goggles on everyone!

Master

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 09:04 PM
I'm getting good at this TrackIR thing and a natural development of it would in my opinion be the implementation of head moment in BoB. Let's say that Hat1 on the joystick can move the head right, left, up and down within the natural restrictions and TrackIR takes care of the direction of the eyes. To look over your right shoulder; either Hat1 to the right and then TrakIR around to the right or TrackIR around to the right and then Hat1 to the left. Get it?
If we can have the option to open the canopy and lean out while taxing and flying with the head in the wind we will have a "jolly good time"! Goggles on everyone!

Master

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 07:30 PM
Warbirds has had this functionality for many years...

Los

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 10:38 PM
And what is your opinion? Is it working or just confusing?

Master

XyZspineZyX
10-16-2003, 12:20 AM
This is an awesome idea and would really make BoB stand out. I can easily sacrifice a hat-switch on my CH pro throttle for side to side head movement to look around struts.

They could even put in an option for "leaning" into the turn like some other flight sims for those unfortunates that don't have TIR. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I'd be surprised if they didn't, really since I expect they will be doing away with the 2D cockpit texture cheats.

<center>http://mywebpage.netscape.com/nyngje/charvel.JPG