PDA

View Full Version : Game modes in Multiplayer custom map and other features

ImGonaG3tUsucka
06-05-2017, 08:43 PM
Mentioned in key features of Far Cry 5.

Create insane and unique Far Cry experiences with the map editor, to enjoy with or against your friends!

I think it's good news that Ubisoft mentioned the map editor. Instead of a couple of weeks before the release of the game

I know I would want steal the sample or some type of capture the flag.

Capture the diamond was good in FC 2. But to me steal the sample was more fun. Far cry instincts Predator nailed it. You could toss the sample to your team mates.
So if you were just about to die. You could toss it and your team could still score.
Maybe in farcry 5 it can be an item in the game. Religious artifact that the cult members want. I know it would be an awesome game mode for me and others who remember it. If you liked capture the diamond. I think you would like it better if you could throw it.
Also Vehicles and the ability to host a list of custom maps.. Of course all the other classic game modes too. I hope Ubisoft releases more info on the map editor and the type of games modes it has.

HorTyS
06-06-2017, 02:16 AM
Generally when I do play MP games, I tend to gravitate towards objective based modes, and CTF-like modes are typically alot of fun. I also like king of the hill/ domination types, these & all the classic deathmatch modes would be a better route to go I think rather than trying to make some elaborate & overly complex mode that has too much going on with it. Creating maps compatible with all the modes is also a fun challenge & if they've some absurdly complex mode that requires a bunch of random map elements that impedes creativity I would think....

Fallen-Champ
06-06-2017, 10:12 AM
I always see TDM as been the most popular mode with Far Cry's multiplayer (it is not my favourite choice - quite the opposite but that's what people prefer) 2nd from Instincts and Far Cry 2 I would say a toss up between CTF and solo DM modes, on some days one could appear more popular than the other but overall they would have similar numbers playing - then some kind of capture mode.

Instincts as already mentioned has Steal The Sample, the option to throw that sample made that version of CTF the best I have ever played.

usmovers_02
06-06-2017, 04:06 PM
I build my maps for all modes but am only interested in playing TDM with CTF as a change of pace.

HorTyS
06-06-2017, 06:32 PM
@Buddah, TDM is basically the most popular mode in FPS in general. Everyone knows the rules, so obviously it's the one that will always be the 'go-to' mode. I personally prefer domination & CTF, but i get why TDM is always the mode with the most players...

usmovers_02
06-07-2017, 02:12 PM
I think a full game mode editor would be best.

TRASH85
06-16-2017, 05:26 AM
I was hoping 1 life rounds for a mode like CTF. Medal of honor Warfighter did it well. It wasn't called CTF. I think it was called home run. But be nice to have 1 game mode with 1 life rounds. So it feel more like a tournament style. Just change of pace instead of the usual respawn game modes.

last man standiing with a touch of survival spawn with a gun or not.........big ol easter egg hunt battle royal shrinkin map ( yes uknown player ) but they dont have a editor with unlimited maps

ImGonaG3tUsucka
06-17-2017, 11:46 PM
I think a full game mode editor would be best.

That would be great too.. full game mode editor.. if not..I am hoping to at least have a bunch of options.. like start off with no weapons so you have to run around to find some weapons or start off with just melee weapons, or pistols. I think that would be cool to have options like that. I have made a video showing steal the sample from Far Cry instinct Predator. It is an extremely fun version of Capture the Flag. I would welcome any version of capture the Flag, but wanted to show off the game play of steal the sample. Also hosting. I would love to see hosting like FC2.

https://youtu.be/ZybedeFme6I

YeahimAwesome
06-18-2017, 09:59 PM
Adding Steal the Sample alone would be enough of a reason for me to buy FC5, which I currently don't see myself doing.
Also make FCIP backwards compatible to the Xbox One! Just do iiiiiit!

legacyzero
07-03-2017, 01:06 AM
Just 3-4 basic modes should be fine. DM,TDM, Dom, and Sample. But on top of it all, they need to bring Predator back. Some of the most fun I had in the Editor. Also, a PVE capability like a co-op survival with zombies, or monsters, or the like. Hell, give us a way to create our own modes

truesurv1val
07-03-2017, 09:07 AM
I would like to see the comeback of teambased respawn points. Since the introduction of the neutral respawnpoints in shooters, the games became very chaotic, people just running around like crazy.

Teambased respawnpoints gave you better control over your map. More face to face battles, instead of getting whacked in the back all the time with these neutral respawnpoints.

People also played more like a team.

Also i enjoyed those base vs base maps. Kinda miss them abit.

akilyoung
07-03-2017, 02:01 PM
I feel like I really missed out on not being able to play STS, since I didnt ever own an XBOX, sounds like a game of chaotic soccer/football/basketball basically, which is awesome. Being able to toss the sample to a teammate sounds like it makes all the difference in that mode...Definitely want that in FC5...maybe a steal the valuable or something, as previously mentioned, maybe a religious artifact for the cult team, and tri fold american flag, or a badge or something for the cops?

And as TS mentioned above, definitely want team based spawns back 100%...A lot of times my maps had custom bases for each team, and very defined team sides, and there is a need to spawn on the proper side, not wherever the f#ck. I think the FC2 spawn system was perfectly fine and allowed proper control of the flow of the game. It was especially necessary for maps like all the ones in the "Deth Qube" series. Wouldnt have worked otherwise!

ImGonaG3tUsucka
07-10-2017, 03:41 PM
I definitely agree with Truesurv1val and akilyoung. Team spawn points are a must.

Steal the Sample game mode is a must. STS is by far the most fun game mode I played in any PvP game. Some Mappers made football type maps for that game mode. Some Mappers made maps with elaborate bases for each team that you and your team mates tried get in and steal the sample from the other team. While some team mates guard the base. It's a Great simple game mode.