PDA

View Full Version : Don't listen to the hero cap ubi

SplugeKing
06-05-2017, 08:37 PM
I will leave every game i cannot choose my desired hero and I'm guessing others will too. Against a team full of s class heroes?... News flash its called teamwork. 90 percent of dominion games already have at least 2 s-tier heroes on each team anyway or they have a move that is bs and makes ganking super easy, see Shigoki demons embrace and lb long arm valkyrie shield bash and sweep. Besides every hero has a counter that makes for a tough matchup.

That_guy44
06-05-2017, 08:48 PM
I'm going to take a wild guess and assume you main one of these s-tier/cheesy hero's.

SplugeKing
06-05-2017, 08:50 PM
I'm going to take a wild guess and assume you main one of these s-tier/cheesy hero's.

Warlord and raider. Seldom zerker. But I'm guessing you never play any of the top heroes.

That_guy44
06-05-2017, 08:54 PM
I'm level 4 rep 0 with warlord if that counts.

SplugeKing
06-05-2017, 08:58 PM
O how righteous you are

Herbstlicht
06-05-2017, 10:56 PM
In the end, hero caps would be a cheap solution. However, it would be a solution at least. Right now, I'd say I would willingly play 3 heros - Kensei, Nobushi, Orochi. If taken, I would just quit the game. However, even for me, this kinda solution could really suck at times. And we need balance in the long run, simple as that.

Infidel.Castro
06-05-2017, 10:56 PM
Capping hero count is dumb, people will quit because they can't play who they want to, simple as that.

Knight_Raime
06-05-2017, 11:41 PM
Capping hero count is dumb, people will quit because they can't play who they want to, simple as that.

The same was said of Overwatch and it's still going strong.
For honor just needs to have ranked mode have the hero limit.
and a preference tab for who you'd like to play as. Searching would put you in a game that you could play your preferred warrior in.
If the population was bigger i'd suggest both ranked and unranked have the limit and making a seperate que for stacking lik OW.

Seige is another hero limit game that works well. (though it was like that at the beginning.)
Regardless in any hero game that seeks to be competitive stacking does not exist. It's not an issue of properly balancing so stacking can exist.
That is physically impossible due to the nature of heros. So. at some point if for honor really wants to make the competitive leap it's heading towards hero limit should exist in some form.
or it's never going to get picked up for competitive outside duels.

The_B0G_
06-05-2017, 11:51 PM
This has only become an issue since the Centurion came along. He needs a big nerf. Then half the people using him will go back to their other characters.

UbiJurassic
06-05-2017, 11:54 PM
While we are reading and considering all the feedback that is presented to us from the community, there is still no plan to implement a hero cap. If for some reason that changes, we will look to inform players about such an important change immediately.

Knight_Raime
06-05-2017, 11:54 PM
This has only become an issue since the Centurion came along. He needs a big nerf. Then half the people using him will go back to their other characters.

False. hero stacking was always an issue. centurion's presence just made it more obvious. Fighting a team of conqs pre nerf or warlord at all are never fun.

The_B0G_
06-06-2017, 12:01 AM
False. hero stacking was always an issue. centurion's presence just made it more obvious. Fighting a team of conqs pre nerf or warlord at all are never fun.

It was never all over the forums like this before, and I may of run into a 3 man warlord team once, I run into 3 man Cent teams every night I play, I seen a 4 man cent team last night.

It's out of control now.

SplugeKing
06-06-2017, 12:04 AM
The new heroes have made it much worse. Before i rarely saw a team with 3 of the same. Now its consistent cent and shinobi

The_B0G_
06-06-2017, 12:08 AM
The new heroes have made it much worse. Before i rarely saw a team with 3 of the same. Now its consistent cent and shinobi

Shinobi I don't find too bad as 3 man teams, I get revenge and I can at least get a hit or two in. Cent's completely ignore revenge mode, all of their attacks still interupt yours, they are complete powerhouses in 4v4. That's why team stacking is a big problem all the sudden.

Knight_Raime
06-06-2017, 12:08 AM
It was never all over the forums like this before, and I may of run into a 3 man warlord team once, I run into 3 man Cent teams every night I play, I seen a 4 man cent team last night.

It's out of control now.

I mean yeah. it wasn't all over the forums. but stacking was still a problem.
And that's probably because the new heros are new. In the first/second month of for honor's release back when I still did 4v4 it wasn't uncommon for me to see 2-3 warlords on a single team frequently.

The_B0G_
06-06-2017, 12:13 AM
I mean yeah. it wasn't all over the forums. but stacking was still a problem.
And that's probably because the new heros are new. In the first/second month of for honor's release back when I still did 4v4 it wasn't uncommon for me to see 2-3 warlords on a single team frequently.

It was a problem before, it's a game breaking problem for a lot of people now. Me and my 3 friends that play this game all play different characters, none play Cent or Shinobi, any time we get matched against a 3 Cent team we just leave once the match starts, not only because we usually lose, but because even if we win it's a frustrating match.

2v1 against Cents and you're dead if they are even half decent.

Dthrill
06-06-2017, 01:41 PM
Actually, a cap of maybe 2 is not a bad idea or... make a game mode that will put a cap on 1. So you can only play a Dominon, Skimisher, etc with 1 hero per team. I hate fighting 2 Shinobi that just grab, then the other grab from behind or worst, 2 Centurion who just kick and jab you to death.

Eastw00tz.Pyro
06-06-2017, 01:55 PM
You cant really introduce more game modes... there are not enough player for this.
In my opinion hero cap has to be introduced as soon as possible. not 2 hero cap, rather 1 hero cap!

That would make things easier to balance in future. I think without hero cap in 4v4 this game mode will NEVER be balanced and the hole game keep dying.

CoyoteXStarrk
06-06-2017, 02:19 PM
If a hero cap is not implemented and teams continue to consist of the same 4-7 heroes then the game will die just the same as if they never fix the matchmaking issues or balance issues that everyone else claims to want.

You can't have a game like this with so many options yet in a 4v4 situation everyone uses the same crap every game.

The game will die if you DON'T make some kind of system to insure teams can't stack heroes. Because people will get sick of facing the same exact crap every single match.

sgtpickles
06-06-2017, 02:21 PM
If they don't add single pick for ranked, ranked will be a joke.

The_B0G_
06-06-2017, 02:22 PM
If a hero cap is not implemented and teams continue to consist of the same 4-7 heroes then the game will die just the same as if they never fix the matchmaking issues or balance issues that everyone else claims to want.

You can't have a game like this with so many options yet in a 4v4 situation everyone uses the same crap every game.

The game will die if you DON'T make some kind of system to insure teams can't stack heroes. Because people will get sick of facing the same exact crap every single match.

We finally agree on something... *tears up*

CoyoteXStarrk
06-06-2017, 02:22 PM
If they don't add single pick for ranked, ranked will be a joke.

^^^^Also this^^^^

If you have a ranked mode where people can run 4 PKs, Nobushis, LBs, Centurions, etc etc then your Ranked mode will be a friggin JOKE

CoyoteXStarrk
06-06-2017, 02:24 PM
We finally agree on something... *tears up*

AND YET IM NOT SEEING A "1 Person Liked this" `!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!1/1/?!??!?!!?!?
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/30100000/YOU-RE-DEAD-TO-ME-asdf-movie-30180010-476-282.jpg

Blasto95
06-06-2017, 02:25 PM
People here saying they dont even want a cap at all for heroes.

Meanwhile I want like a draft between the two teams. Only one Zerker, One Warlord, One centurion, One Orochi.

Obviously it would be for ranked mode but a draft would really mix up the gameplay we see right now. At the very least, basic one hero cap for each team is a necessity for Ranked.

CoyoteXStarrk
06-06-2017, 02:29 PM
People here saying they dont even want a cap at all for heroes.

Meanwhile I want like a draft between the two teams. Only one Zerker, One Warlord, One centurion, One Orochi.

Obviously it would be for ranked mode but a draft would really mix up the gameplay we see right now. At the very least, basic one hero cap for each team is a necessity for Ranked.

Thats a bit too far for me.

I think the hero limit should be limited to the team not the game.

As a Beserker my most satisfying kills are the ones I get on the Beserkers who THINK they are good.......until I show them what good is :)

Eastw00tz.Pyro
06-06-2017, 02:34 PM
The problem is... even Ubisoft reads this, know this, will introduce a hero cap.... it will take years to go live.........
I actually have the feeling there are 2 persons working on For honor. All what happens, happens sooooo slow. The day they fixed the game, this they no one plays For Honor anymore.

Blasto95
06-06-2017, 02:36 PM
Thats a bit too far for me.

I think the hero limit should be limited to the team not the game.

As a Beserker my most satisfying kills are the ones I get on the Beserkers who THINK they are good.......until I show them what good is :)

Its for sure a stretch and likely would need plenty of time for people try out new heroes to be competitive with. But it would for sure spice things up and really set a Meta to the game in terms of how the draft unfolds. Maybe not as a general public game mode. But I still think it would be a great competitive tournament. Most competitive players are already good with 2 or 3 guys and know the basics to pick up another in a week or 2. With the added ability of trading drafted heroes between your teammates, id find it pretty rare to run into a case where someone on your team had no one to use. Just would need coordination which is non-existent to the public.

Eastw00tz.Pyro
06-06-2017, 02:42 PM
^^^^Also this^^^^

If you have a ranked mode where people can run 4 PKs, Nobushis, LBs, Centurions, etc etc then your Ranked mode will be a friggin JOKE

a friggin joke like the actual 4v4 modes are ^^.... and thats the point why this hero cap has to be happen!

LordOfSwines
06-06-2017, 03:10 PM
The same was said of Overwatch and it's still going strong.
For honor just needs to have ranked mode have the hero limit.
and a preference tab for who you'd like to play as. Searching would put you in a game that you could play your preferred warrior in.
If the population was bigger i'd suggest both ranked and unranked have the limit and making a seperate que for stacking lik OW.

Seige is another hero limit game that works well. (though it was like that at the beginning.)
Regardless in any hero game that seeks to be competitive stacking does not exist. It's not an issue of properly balancing so stacking can exist.
That is physically impossible due to the nature of heros. So. at some point if for honor really wants to make the competitive leap it's heading towards hero limit should exist in some form.
or it's never going to get picked up for competitive outside duels.

A cap would require you to have every hero unlocked however. Let's say you just bought the game, you enter a game and warden,raider and kensei gets picked. What will you do? :D
I see people have as much foresight as ubi.

That_guy44
06-06-2017, 03:28 PM
A cap would require you to have every hero unlocked however. Let's say you just bought the game, you enter a game and warden,raider and kensei gets picked. What will you do? :D

You get atleast 7k steel from playing the campaign. If they haven't played long enough to afford one other hero, they don't have any business playing PvP. At that point, they're worse then a bot.

Dthrill
06-07-2017, 12:15 AM

This is not a problem. Almost no one plays Kensei, Raider or Warden. Hell, it's rare to see one yet alone 2 or 3.

Gray360UK
06-07-2017, 12:22 AM
This is not a problem. Almost no one plays Kensei, Raider or Warden. Hell, it's rare to see one yet alone 2 or 3.

You must be playing a different game. I was in a game with 4 Raiders just now, and Wardens have consistently been one of the games most popular characters, from launch until today.

AzureSky.
06-07-2017, 12:36 AM
While we are reading and considering all the feedback that is presented to us from the community, there is still no plan to implement a hero cap. If for some reason that changes, we will look to inform players about such an important change immediately.

you already have a hero cap in brawl.....

Dthrill
06-07-2017, 01:19 AM
You must be playing a different game. I was in a game with 4 Raiders just now, and Wardens have consistently been one of the games most popular characters, from launch until today.

PC or PS4? If it's PS4 I call bs. No one plays except me lol. I am usually the only Raider in both teams.

xECS DESTROYER
06-08-2017, 04:06 PM
I play Raider so HA.

But anyways, a hero cap would not be an issue for new players, considering you get a good amount of steel just from completing the tutorials. Also, you can play other players without unlocking them, you just cannot upgrade their gear. I would be VERY shocked if a Ranked mode in the future would allow gear anyways.

Gray360UK
06-08-2017, 04:09 PM
PC or PS4? If it's PS4 I call bs. No one plays except me lol. I am usually the only Raider in both teams.

None of the above, haha. Xbox One :)