PDA

View Full Version : Make Uninterruptible attacks ACTUALLY Uninterruptible??

Existentialmeme
06-05-2017, 07:11 PM
I posted this is suggestions and feedbacks and gonna post in here again for more exposure :)

Currently Uninterruptible attacks can be INTERRUPTED by knockbacks, like Conq's shield bash, Valk's shield bash, Nobushi's kick, Lawbringer's shove and Pancake-flip, Warden's shoulder bash, Warlord's headbutt, Centurion's kick and uppercut, and Shinobi's kick (Listed most of not all out just for you guys <3)

How come a UNINTERRUPTIBLE attack can be INTERRUPTED?!?!

Making uninterruptible attacks actually uninterruptible will fix many issues in dominions and any kind of 1 v many situations without the need to tweak revenge (because revenge makes all your attacks uninterruptible) and possibly some balance issues with the characters.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO THE DEVS, Thank you

Edit: Knockdown moves I would say should be able to interrupt uninterruptible attacks, or else it would be too much

Further Edit: I'm not saying the above moves are uninterruptible, those are examples of knockback moves that interrupts uninterruptible attacks

Morathras
06-05-2017, 08:08 PM
they are called unblockables. they cannot be blocked. if you want to be uninterrupted you need hyper armor

S0Mi_xD
06-05-2017, 09:29 PM
they are called unblockables. they cannot be blocked. if you want to be uninterrupted you need hyper armor

Read again, he actually means hyper armor = uninterruptable.
His point is, that hyperarmor can be interrupted with unblockable attacks like shildbash, shoulderbash, shovel etc.

I agree with him.

Herbstlicht
06-05-2017, 10:38 PM
I too, do agree - at least partially. Everything that is easily spamable should never be superior to some moves you have to land at least a hit to get there. So for the Kensei being in his third chain and getting kicked out of it by that puny little Ninja is just stupid. So in the end, make it so people trade (my personal favorite), make it so whatever is higher up the chain has priority (second favorite) or just follow op suggestion (still pretty nice).

Existentialmeme
06-06-2017, 06:11 AM
Read again, he actually means hyper armor = uninterruptable.
His point is, that hyperarmor can be interrupted with unblockable attacks like shildbash, shoulderbash, shovel etc.

I agree with him.

Thanks for clarifying it to him for me :)

Existentialmeme
06-06-2017, 06:20 AM
I too, do agree - at least partially. Everything that is easily spamable should never be superior to some moves you have to land at least a hit to get there. So for the Kensei being in his third chain and getting kicked out of it by that puny little Ninja is just stupid. So in the end, make it so people trade (my personal favorite), make it so whatever is higher up the chain has priority (second favorite) or just follow op suggestion (still pretty nice).

I really like the trade idea~ that's what I think it should be, but whoever finishes the uninterruptible attack animation (so he loses the hyper armor thingy) will get staggered by the opponent's attack. But definitely not while, like how it is now.

Kind of like right now, if two Shinobi kicks each other, the one that started the kick ealier gets staggered because his hyper armor is gone first. This should be how uninterruptible attacks work, and shouldn't be knock-backed out of.

It's weird that shinobi's uninterruptible kick can tank through anything but other character's uninterruptible attack cannot. Almost as if the new characters are simply better than the old ones :P

MarkedElite
06-06-2017, 11:29 AM
The point of uninteruptable attacks is like the Warlord with his heavies, people are usually going to try to toss out lights or spam lights when you attack, uninteruptable attacks help trade attacks with you doing more damage that the other person. It's not meant as some kind of god counter to knockbacks and headbutts like you guys think they should be.

Existentialmeme
06-06-2017, 05:18 PM
The point of uninteruptable attacks is like the Warlord with his heavies, people are usually going to try to toss out lights or spam lights when you attack, uninteruptable attacks help trade attacks with you doing more damage that the other person. It's not meant as some kind of god counter to knockbacks and headbutts like you guys think they should be.

It won't even be a god counter, you can block, parry, dodge, deflect any uninterruptible attacks, the only advantage it gives you is that your attacks wont be interrupted, you'll still take damage or stamina damage if you're hit during the uninterruptible attack animation.
And lets talk about how you can counter a knockbacks: Dodge or attack if you're fast enough. That's it.
So tell me, how exactly is it gonna be a god counter to knockbacks? It'll only force people to not spam those unblockable knockbacks.

Existentialmeme
06-07-2017, 05:51 PM
Yes I'm commenting on my own thread to bring it back up to the top, I want more people and community managers to see this thread :P
I really believe this will solve a lot of issue.
If there's actually a reason why Uninterruptible attacks should be interrupted by knockbacks, tell me.

UbiNoty
06-08-2017, 01:27 AM
Will bring it up with the devs for further clarification!

Wolf-Heathen
06-08-2017, 02:06 AM
Will bring it up with the devs for further clarification!

What is there to clarify? Your own description of hyper armor says your attack is UNINTERRUPTIBLE. We don't need clarification, we need the game to work properly. You broke your own damn game with Season 2. Please fix it, and not clarify what we already know to be the case.

UbiNoty
06-08-2017, 02:13 AM
I'm asking for clarification if it's an intended interaction or if it's something that might need fixing.

Wolf-Heathen
06-08-2017, 02:17 AM
I'm asking for clarification if it's an intended interaction or if it's something that might need fixing.

Sir, with all due respect, how could it be an intended interaction when your in-game description clearly states otherwise? And if so, why was it given with such abandon to the new dlc heros?

Llanw
11-19-2017, 09:41 PM
Was this confusion resolved?

Alustar.
11-19-2017, 10:11 PM
Those are crowd control moves. A player executes that and the opponent's entire positioning is forcibly altered by another player.
Tell me how you think you should be able to take an action when another player has just knocked you down? That's why they are called crowd control. Uninterruptible didn't mean impervious to knock downs.

mrmistark
11-20-2017, 06:07 AM
Iím sorry, but how it is now is perfect in my opinion. The attack DOES trade if your attack lands before the UB move hits you. It doesnít stop all UB moves, but you can get the damage in, it all depends on the timing of your attack vs the UB being thrown out.

If we were to make it uninterrupted by everything, then on reaction you could just throw out an attack at the start up of any UB for ridiculous free damage. The roster is unbalanced enough and the game play favorable enough for turtles as it is without yet another defensive tool to be added to a select few capable of HA attacks that will overtune them as characters. Seriously though, the fastest UB melee is I think warlords headbutt, and I have horrible reaction timing, but even I could on reaction have a uninteruptable heavy flying his way and halfway complete before he hits me.

Fairemont
11-20-2017, 03:41 PM
If Nobushi is hitting you with her kicks you have bigger problems.

Alustar.
11-20-2017, 04:16 PM
If Nobushi is hitting you with her kicks you have bigger problems.

I laughed harder than I should have. (Which is exactly the right amount)
Good form.

Arkaviii
08-22-2018, 01:10 AM
Know that there is a clear difference between KNOCKBACKS and KNOCKDOWNS.
That being said I believe uninterruptable attack should be able to tank through Knockbacks, however fail through Knockdowns.

voiddp
08-22-2018, 02:38 AM
Why it should?
lights > bashes > HyperArmor > lights
seems like very balanced set of mechanics. Nothing is to OP and can be deal with by other type of move.
There is clearly no problems here. Usual stone\paper\scissors set.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
08-22-2018, 03:47 AM
This makes me wonder why shugoki can't gb at any time while his HA is up and he is being attacked...like why is there a window he has to look for. Shouldn't he be able to gb at any point until the second attack hits? That never made sense to me that he has to capture a certain frame.
I know if they made it legit he'd would be OP. but it doesn't make sense is all.

voiddp
08-22-2018, 07:54 AM
Because no move should be unbeatable.
Not hyper armor moves, nor GB.

There should be r/p/s mechanics with such moves. Because when you get move that beats everything and can't be beaten, everyone start to abuse that.

And now it is light > GB > Heavy. So shugo can't GB through light. BUT also you can see it is not full R/P/S because heavy doesn't beat anything so you can see that heavies do not get too much uses, they are highly punishable and risky. So to make people use heavies there needs to exist some windows where you can land it. So we have it like this. There are frames when you can GB and where you already can't. + higher DMG, to compensate and to not get useless move.

It is either full cyrcle of R/p/s balance, or there will be compensators.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
08-22-2018, 10:58 PM
Because no move should be unbeatable.
Not hyper armor moves, nor GB.

There should be r/p/s mechanics with such moves. Because when you get move that beats everything and can't be beaten, everyone start to abuse that.

And now it is light > GB > Heavy. So shugo can't GB through light. BUT also you can see it is not full R/P/S because heavy doesn't beat anything so you can see that heavies do not get too much uses, they are highly punishable and risky. So to make people use heavies there needs to exist some windows where you can land it. So we have it like this. There are frames when you can GB and where you already can't. + higher DMG, to compensate and to not get useless move.

It is either full cyrcle of R/p/s balance, or there will be compensators.

The problem is that light spam is welcomed abuse in this game. Shugoki being able to gb with HA would counter light spam and abused as well. It would not be more powerful than light spam itself due to the reset timer. Yes even a mildly good shugoki would be in god tier if this mechanic was implemented but that's not my point. My point is by the logical rules of HA in this discussion it (HA/GB) should actually be a thing.

Imo HA/gb would be a good counter to light spam from a pk or orochis double light attacks and light spam itself.

However the shugokis move set IS more powerful than light spam if this was implemented correctly. Meaning what a shugoki can accomplish from a gb can easily beat light spam.

HA on shug goes down the instant it blocks an attack while others last the duration of the defenders attack (for the most part). So if shugs HA was to work correctly his passive HA should, in theory, last until the end of his attack of any nature.

So let's say orochi throws a light out and shug does a gb slightly after the light was thrown but before the light hits... That gb should have priority even if the light land first. Shugokis passive HA should last the duration of any attack. Just wanted to clarify what I am saying.
The problem is that once the first light breaks the HA the second light beats gb which doesn't make any sense. Until that gb is finished being executed HA should give priority and stay with the attack.