PDA

View Full Version : Should the forums' console and PC sections be merged?

SixKeys
06-05-2017, 10:26 AM
Posted this in the console section earlier, forgot to post it here. :p

Basically, some years ago some of us requested for a merger of the PC and console sections into one "General discussion" area, with the PC section renamed "Technical issues" or something. The reason being that PC players are sometimes confused and dismayed when they attempt to generate plot-related discussion in their forum but don't get any replies since the forum is mainly used to report bugs.

The then-forum manager said there was no plan to merge the sections at the time, but that the matter could be revisited in the future if there was enough support.

We're likely to get a lot of new members in the coming weeks and it might be useful to direct all non-technical conversation to one place. This would make PC players feel just as appreciated as console players and help unify the fandom. What do you guys think? http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/smile.png

strigoi1958
06-05-2017, 11:22 AM
I remember I spoke to YazX_ about it a few times and asked if it could be done, Over in the other forums they are all combined and I assume PC users post technical problems from those games in the correct places... but over here maybe 9 out of 10 threads are not Assassin's Creed related, they are hardware/ software/ User issues. I know a lot of PC gamers already post in the console section, the debates and depth of knowledge are incredibly interesting, while over here only a few of us are keeping active while we wait for the next game.

Anyone who comes here with good questions/ ideas or input I always direct to the console section so they can get a better response.
We are all just AC fans and it would be nice if we could merge but I think it would need a lot of moderation to constantly move technical requests to the right place (and would they get the same amount of help and replies that they get here?).

Personally I'd like both sections merged, but it would be nice (if possible, and it didn't cause any upset) if we had a sub forum or stickied thread for technical help so we can still post instructional pictures and step by step solutions to help fellow ac fans get their game going. :)

And if it needs more thread moving I nominate my fellow Ubi star player you SixKeys to have moderator authority :)

But as long as there is also a place for pc players to find co-op players and mp players.

naumaan
06-05-2017, 10:24 PM
It will be a lot of work for the forum authorities.

I agree and disagree simultaneously.

The response to our postings will increase and we will get caught up with the hard core fans its a plus plus.

I disagree because I feel a little shy.

DSD27
06-06-2017, 01:25 AM
Console fans can't stand to look at a forum from a game where the PC section has more threads and posts than the console section.
"-Lets end this madness, merge!!!"

I'm kidding ofc... :rolleyes:

strigoi1958
06-06-2017, 12:20 PM
After thinking about this for a while, it occurs to me that if we still need a sub forum or specific place so problems that relate solely to pc hardware/ software/ operating systems can be put. It already exists here. I'd like it to be just 1 consolidated forum but I often see people post in the wrong place, sometimes people will open a 3 year old thread, others will start a new thread without reading 5 similar threads and solutions that are already open. I'm not sure the console section would appreciate all these things messing up the forum.

The console forum is great as a place for fans to meet and chat because it is free from all these problems, the game works on every console and so it frees everyone up to debate different aspects of the games, the characters, motives, lore etc so maybe the PC section should remain as the place where problem threads are wrongly opened but we advise people who are ac fans and want to be involved to join all the other PC users in the console section.

@Naumaan do not worry, over in the console section everyone is really friendly. Threads like your "what are you doing now-in respect to gaming" would be very appreciated and get a lot of responses because they love discussions. :)

IMPORTANT
Also... in the 6 months before the release this forum comes alive with threads about PC specs, graphics cards, can-I-run-it and game ready drivers threads... not relevant and potentially will clog up the console forum

VERY IMPORTANT
PLUS the biggest problem... the game usually releases on console first so there could be a week or 2 when spoilers would be in threads for pc users. Who could keep the blindfolds on over here.

naumaan
06-07-2017, 06:24 AM
After thinking about this for a while, it occurs to me that if we still need a sub forum or specific place so problems that relate solely to pc hardware/ software/ operating systems can be put. It already exists here. I'd like it to be just 1 consolidated forum but I often see people post in the wrong place, sometimes people will open a 3 year old thread, others will start a new thread without reading 5 similar threads and solutions that are already open. I'm not sure the console section would appreciate all these things messing up the forum.

The console forum is great as a place for fans to meet and chat because it is free from all these problems, the game works on every console and so it frees everyone up to debate different aspects of the games, the characters, motives, lore etc so maybe the PC section should remain as the place where problem threads are wrongly opened but we advise people who are ac fans and want to be involved to join all the other PC users in the console section.

@Naumaan do not worry, over in the console section everyone is really friendly. Threads like your "what are you doing now-in respect to gaming" would be very appreciated and get a lot of responses because they love discussions. :)

IMPORTANT
Also... in the 6 months before the release this forum comes alive with threads about PC specs, graphics cards, can-I-run-it and game ready drivers threads... not relevant and potentially will clog up the console forum

VERY IMPORTANT
PLUS the biggest problem... the game usually releases on console first so there could be a week or 2 when spoilers would be in threads for pc users. Who could keep the blindfolds on over here.

there will be a lot of work for the forum authorities, ofcourse.

They have to have a plan for it first. Only merging the forums will make it difficult