PDA

View Full Version : Leaver Penalty Exploit

firehead2015
06-05-2017, 03:06 AM
I was doing a duel today and I went to turn down my in-game volume and I accidentally turned on Airplane Mode on my computer. I quickly turned back on the wifi, but it caused me to be disconnected from the match without recieving the leaver penalty. This could be potentially exploited and should maybe be looked at.

The_B0G_
06-05-2017, 03:10 AM
I was doing a duel today and I went to turn down my in-game volume and I accidentally turned on Airplane Mode on my computer. I quickly turned back on the wifi, but it caused me to be disconnected from the match without recieving the leaver penalty. This could be potentially exploited and should maybe be looked at.

Good thing you told everyone on the forum instead of pm'ing a Mod

UbiNoty
06-05-2017, 03:11 AM
Leaver penalty not activated yet :D Will be turned on next week when 1.08 goes live on console.

firehead2015
06-05-2017, 03:22 AM
whoops!

LastManGunning
06-05-2017, 03:36 AM
Leaver penalty not activated yet :D Will be turned on next week when 1.08 goes live on console.

"leaver penalty"?? what if you get matched with a bunch of scumbags who will keep hitting u to disrupt your kill and then steal the kill? are you suppose to just keep playing with scumbags until the end? what if u get disconnected due to net or electricity outage? many for honor players get kicked from server routinely, so the penalty applies to them also? how often do you actually play this game? because "leaver penalty" sure sounds like an intern's idea who played too much MOBA and thinks that will work here. there are so many things on MOBA that u cannot apply here. I'm not trying to be sassy...those are genuine concerns.

kweassa1917
06-05-2017, 03:58 AM
"leaver penalty"?? what if you get matched with a bunch of scumbags who will keep hitting u to disrupt your kill and then steal the kill? are you suppose to just keep playing with scumbags until the end? what if u get disconnected due to net or electricity outage? many for honor players get kicked from server routinely, so the penalty applies to them also? how often do you actually play this game? because "leaver penalty" sure sounds like an intern's idea who played too much MOBA and thinks that will work here. there are so many things on MOBA that u cannot apply here. I'm not trying to be sassy...those are genuine concerns.

If those things are constantly happening to you enough to be an actual problem, go see the local witchdoctor or something. You must be cursed or something. ROFL

Gosh, how desperate are you, when you have to come up with all those creative "worst-case-scenarios" ? LOLLLOLOL

The_B0G_
06-05-2017, 04:29 AM

30 second grace period at the start of match, you get set up against 3 or 4 cents, just quit right away, no penalty.

CoyoteXStarrk
06-05-2017, 04:52 AM

Yes.

There is no excuse for leaving a game. If you queue up for a match then you should be required to play it. Even if you are losing or don't like they way either team is playing.

Egotistic_Ez
06-05-2017, 05:10 AM

Well the first game you'll just have to deal with it, but if you remember their name(s) you can just quit next time.

I wouldn't worry too much, the quitter penalty won't be on for long. Since there's a 30sec grace period odds are someone will leave once every other game, so then everyone else on that team will quit since they don't want a bot. That's assuming the game doesn't crash ofc.

Given that, they'll turn it back off after a week.

CoyoteXStarrk
06-05-2017, 05:15 AM
Given that, they'll turn it back off after a week.

Keeping up the good fight I see lol It took them months of the community begging for this and the Devs working out a way to do it. They are not gonna turn it off after a week.

2 months from now? Maybe.

Just because you hate the penalty doesn't mean its gonna magically go away.

guor6800
06-05-2017, 07:43 AM
Keeping up the good fight I see lol It took them months of the community begging for this and the Devs working out a way to do it. They are not gonna turn it off after a week.

2 months from now? Maybe.

Just because you hate the penalty doesn't mean its gonna magically go away.

Waiting till they implement it. This will be the nail in the coffin of this game. Most guys will quit in 30 sec period either crushing the game or left you hanging with some bots. Lose-lose situation.

CoyoteXStarrk
06-05-2017, 07:49 AM
Waiting till they implement it. This will be the nail in the coffin of this game. Most guys will quit in 30 sec period either crushing the game or left you hanging with some bots. Lose-lose situation.

I seriously doubt that "Most" people will leave games before the 30sec mark. The majority of the community are mature and for the most part intelligent players.

Only the butthurt and the lazy will consistently leave any match they don't like. Then at that point they are only wasting their own time by constantly leaving and trying to load into another match only to leave again.

Also the entire point of the 30sec mark is so that if some kid wants to ragequit because he doesn't like His team or the other team then that ensures that the bot he leaves behind will be replaced by matchmaking since they left so early in the game.

guor6800
06-05-2017, 07:54 AM
I seriously doubt that "Most" people will leave games before the 30sec mark. The majority of the community are mature and for the most part intelligent players.

Only the butthurt and the lazy will consistently leave any match they don't like. Then at that point they are only wasting their own time by constantly leaving and trying to load into another match only to leave again.

Also the entire point of the 30sec mark is so that if some kid wants to ragequit because he doesn't like His team or the other team then that ensures that the bot he leaves behind will be replaced by matchmaking since they left so early in the game.

Guys have started doing it right now believing that the penalty is here. You get in the match and players dropping like flies.

In an optimal working game the second part of your reply would be reality. But cmon now. How many matches have you seen a bot in for honor being replaced by a player?And the player that join a game in progress has the option to leave in 30 sec. And keeping the game stable after all this? You believe that the current state of the game can withstand all these get in and get out of the match? Crushing 9/10 match and you will see it.

NiteShadeCG
06-05-2017, 08:22 AM
Yes.

There is no excuse for leaving a game. If you queue up for a match then you should be required to play it. Even if you are losing or don't like they way either team is playing.

Man you are the biggest hypocrite on these forums , i have been matched up with you on my team a few times in dominion on ps4 and as soon as the fights don't go your way you leave the match , rage quit w/e excuse you try to give , you don't fool me.

That_guy44
06-05-2017, 08:25 AM
Expose him

CoyoteXStarrk
06-06-2017, 04:01 AM
Man you are the biggest hypocrite on these forums , i have been matched up with you on my team a few times in dominion on ps4 and as soon as the fights don't go your way you leave the match , rage quit w/e excuse you try to give , you don't fool me.

I admitted already about 50-60 times at this point that I used to be a serial ragequitter.

It wasn't until a few people from the forums PM'd me and we had LONG discussions on the negative affect that leaving has on the game and after that I changed my mind and went to their side.

I know its hard to believe, but it IS possible for someone to change their opinions on things. Since then I have yet to leave a match outside of a a few matches where the lag or framerate issues made the game literally unplayable, but that hasn't happened in weeks. The latest patches seems to have gotten rid of that for me.

Since I made that decision I have been the most outspoken advocate for a leaver penalty that is harsh and unavoidable. If I was still a ragequitter like you are trying to say why would I spend 90% of my time on the forums begging for a penalty and defending a penalty that would destroy my ability to do so?

It would make NO sense for me to do that.