PDA

View Full Version : Very good game but here are some things that could be improved. (Review enclose).

CMD-MSR
06-04-2017, 04:17 PM
Star Trek Bridge Crew review. Graphics =7.8 acceptable The textures are medium, the lighting is moderate to good, and the external ship destruction is not very good. The environmental effects are good, e.g, lightning. I like the fact that you can disrupt parts of the ship. The fact that it is in VR is cool and so is the internal ship destruction. Sound =8.6 very good. Gameplay and design = 8.7 very good but it needs to have the option to control the game with a joystick through the Oculus and have better magnification options. It also needs to have a multiplayer vs. option (maybe next game, this is not really a flaw). You should also be able to flip the view aft and back to forward. It should also have other external views. The game should also have a few more weapons. It also needs button control over the Mic and possibly trigger control over magnification. You should also be able to steer the ship up and down and roll the ship. There should also be more information about the other stations at each station (e.g. it would be nice to know what my hull damage is when operating tactical ect.). There also needs to be 4 different shield facings, front, aft, left , and right. There should also be an aft torpedo. Overall I give the game an 8.6 quite good. Hopefully they can improve the game with a patch.

DragnHntr
06-04-2017, 05:15 PM
Directional shields is a really cool idea. Engineering should have to control it, but they don't see where the enemies are, so it would require good communication!

This is one of the reasons Tactical and Helm can't directly see the shield and hull%, it's not their job. If the captain wants you to know the exact % he can tell you. You can look at the rings around the ship on the map though and see what the shields and hull are at.

Also, torpedos can already fire backwards. Were you saying they should have a separate launcher that has to be loaded independantly?

CMD-MSR
06-04-2017, 06:29 PM
Directional shields is a really cool idea. Engineering should have to control it, but they don't see where the enemies are, so it would require good communication!

This is one of the reasons Tactical and Helm can't directly see the shield and hull%, it's not their job. If the captain wants you to know the exact % he can tell you. You can look at the rings around the ship on the map though and see what the shields and hull are at.

Also, torpedos can already fire backwards. Were you saying they should have a separate launcher that has to be loaded independantly?

Yes, aft torpedo launcher. I still would like to have some additional information at each station. Especially in single player. It is also sometimes good to have a second opinion. The captain is the captain but he is not an ultimate ruler.

Ozmodion
06-04-2017, 06:37 PM
Like your ideas. This is a new game and if it sells well hopefully they will build on it.

New ships to control.
upgrades to weapons, shields and hull plating
ability to go on scouting missions in shuttles

just to name a few