PDA

View Full Version : I wish there could be missions like this in Far Cry 5

IsAZebraACat
06-04-2017, 01:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNGB1X4XuGs

I know Far Cry is just about liberating outposts, but this mission from Ghost Recon Wildlands is really fun.

First you have to sneak into the Church (which was funded by a drug cartel) to hack their computer to play a video of evidence showing that El Cardenal was involved in the trafficking of children, so his whole congregation can see how much of scumbag he is. Navigating the extravagant church grounds is challenging enough to keep you focused.

Then he tries to escape like any good religious leader guilty of participating in a child slavery ring would do. Unfortunately I always seem to fail the mission because watching his white robes flutter in the wind after I push him off of one of the many stunningly-rendered cliffsides in the game is a lot more fun than handing him over to someone else to be treated more pleasantly.

Far Cry 5's setting would be the perfect place to further examine such situations. What do guys think?

HorTyS
06-04-2017, 08:40 PM
I know Far Cry is just about liberating outposts, but this mission from Ghost Recon Wildlands is really fun.

First you have to sneak into the Church (which was funded by a drug cartel) to hack their computer to play a video of evidence showing that El Cardenal was involved in the trafficking of children, so his whole congregation can see how much of scumbag he is. Navigating the extravagant church grounds is challenging enough to keep you focused.

Then he tries to escape like any good religious leader guilty of participating in a child slavery ring would do. Unfortunately I always seem to fail the mission because watching his white robes flutter in the wind after I push him off of one of the many stunningly-rendered cliffsides in the game is a lot more fun than handing him over to someone else to be treated more pleasantly.

Far Cry 5's setting would be the perfect place to further examine such situations. What do guys think?

I think FC has started too rely to heavily on the outposts providing off-mission gameplay. I love the outposts, they're still one of the highlights of the game, and especially in 4 when you could coop them, but I think they should still make side-missions with narrative elements that tell stories separate from the campaign narrative. That beings said, I can fully see a mission similar to this one having a place in the game. Exposing to their followers the truth about the Seed's wrong doings would be a very appropriate tactic. I think also that the fact you are shooting people who were formerly friends & neighbors of your allies is another topic that should be addressed in the game as there is a wealth of narrative potential there as well.

Steve64b
06-08-2017, 11:38 AM
I think they should still make side-missions with narrative elements that tell stories separate from the campaign narrative.I hope that if implemented, this can translate over to custom (coop) maps made in the Map Maker. If we would just have generic objectives like "retrieve the specified item", or "eliminate the specified object" (killing AI or animal(s), or 'find a way inside', then the same lines can be used over and over for different target objects.

Placing these beacons across the map, and having them disappear when the player completes the objective would be really cool. And if follow-up objectives could spawn (kill X, retrieve his document, drop off document at resistance), it'd be even cooler! :)