PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please explain why a parry nerf is needed?

radi0wantcandy
06-04-2017, 12:06 AM
I mean, lol. Its totally self punishing if you miss time it.

Antonioj26
06-04-2017, 12:11 AM

Because it's for more rewarding to just never throw out attacks and wait for an opponent to attack. Warden can get 40 damage off of a light parry, lights are between 12-15 damage so even if you miss 3 parry attempts you come out on top or break even. It's actually riskier to attack, and that doesn't make for a good fighting game.

radi0wantcandy
06-04-2017, 12:14 AM
Because it's for more rewarding to just never throw out attacks and wait for an opponent to attack. Warden can get 40 damage off of a light parry, lights are between 12-15 damage so even if you miss 3 parry attempts you come out on top or break even. It's actually riskier to attack, and that doesn't make for a good fighting game.

Then play tekken 7

The *****ing will irreversibly change this game to something no one is going to like.

S0Mi_xD
06-04-2017, 12:15 AM

Sure, take a look here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1676777-Defensive-META-This-could-be-a-very-good-solution

And here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1681809-Passive-defense-vs-active-defense

Antonioj26
06-04-2017, 12:20 AM
Then play tekken 7

The *****ing will irreversibly change this game to something no one is going to like.

People already don't like the game, which is why on PC they've lost 90% of its playerbase. Turns out it's not really fun to just stare at eachother until someone gets impatient and swings. That guy loses btw

Antonioj26
06-04-2017, 12:21 AM
Sure, take a look here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1676777-Defensive-META-This-could-be-a-very-good-solution

And here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1681809-Passive-defense-vs-active-defense

Somi stop shilling your threads and fight me you coward!!!

BeefMan_
06-04-2017, 12:23 AM
Because they're extremely easy to pull off and give varying rewards depending on the match up.
IMO only light parries should guarantee a GB, while heavy parries only give a light or something.

S0Mi_xD
06-04-2017, 12:24 AM
Somi stop shilling your threads and fight me you coward!!!

Luv ya too ;*

Just abit more than one day left ^^

Antonioj26
06-04-2017, 12:25 AM
Luv ya too ;*

Just abit more than one day left ^^

You will perish my friend.

radi0wantcandy
06-04-2017, 12:43 AM
So basically you want it to be easier to button mash, rather than being patient.

Got it.

RIP For Honor...

I honestly wonder how it's gotten this far with people crying for nerfs for the wrong things.

If you guys would only be this adamant about removing all the vortex spam, this game might be salvageable.

Nothing else needs to change beside extended windows of 0-input or counterplay

Antonioj26
06-04-2017, 12:47 AM
So basically you want it to be easier to button mash, rather than being patient.

Got it.

RIP For Honor...

I honestly wonder how it's gotten this far with people crying for nerfs for the wrong things.

If you guys would only be this adamant about removing all the vortex spam, this game might be salvageable.

There's only one vortex.... wardens. Unblockable doesn't mean vortex and people are against the unblockable spam. Basically once you get pAst novice level everyone can parry so there's no point in attacking, what's fun about just standing there staring at eachother? People constantly complain about cent, shin, and warlords unblockables, what are you talking about?

BeefMan_
06-04-2017, 12:50 AM

Got it.

RIP For Honor...

"Being patient" and turtling is literally what's killing this game, you moron

psyminion
06-04-2017, 01:05 AM
on PS4 I don't run into many turtles at all.

way more vortex/unblockable, which is WAY more frustrating to me than someone who can parry everything I throw.

I know PC is a parry-fest because 60fps but please for the love of god Ubi, please please try to keep us (numerous) console peasants with tv/input/30fps lag part of your vision for the game.

S0Mi_xD
06-04-2017, 01:11 AM
on PS4 I don't run into many turtles at all.

way more vortex/unblockable, which is WAY more frustrating to me than someone who can parry everything I throw.

I know PC is a parry-fest because 60fps but please for the love of god Ubi, please please try to keep us (numerous) console peasants with tv/input/30fps lag part of your vision for the game.

Don't be scared, defelct is your friend and parry will be still a defensive choice, the offensive part of parry will be touched abit but not more.

PS4 aswell

psyminion
06-04-2017, 01:19 AM
Don't be scared, defelct is your friend and parry will be still a defensive choice, the offensive part of parry will be touched abit but not more.

PS4 aswell

wanna duel sometime? I love sparring partners ;-)

I'm not scared, but I am concerned with the talk of nerfing parry and increasing chip damage (which doesn't make sense to me but w/e) will turn the game into more of a light attack/unblockable spam fest, and remove the r/p/s magic that drew me to the game in the first place. :)

Antonioj26
06-04-2017, 01:23 AM

I'm not scared, but I am concerned with the talk of nerfing parry and increasing chip damage (which doesn't make sense to me but w/e) will turn the game into more of a light attack/unblockable spam fest, and remove the r/p/s magic that drew me to the game in the first place. :)

I'm happy to spar with you if you'd like in some friendlies. Psn: Alyssaa-3

S0Mi_xD
06-04-2017, 01:29 AM

Sure :) S0Mi_xD (the 0 is a zero)

I'll be at home in around 40 hours (on holidays now)

Yeah... it isn't that easy to imagin the full impact of such changes without any practical examples.
But many people like me, are working on it in theory since months.
Me too, i hope they don't screw it up :D.

That_guy44
06-04-2017, 02:17 AM
How about guaranteed gb off of unblockable and guaranteed light for everything else?

Netcode_err_404
06-04-2017, 03:25 AM
I play lawbringer. Mainly So the following example is by a Lb pov.

1) LB light attack is slow, top light is faster, but still slow.
2) Lights do 14 damage
3) after a light parry you will have a heavy guaranteed, f you play a warden, or a raider, for example the top heavy will deal 40/50+ damage which is almost half health bar.

If you do the sum, even if you manage to fail all 3 the light parries, you will still take LESS damage than how much you would deal with a parry.

Thats just what makes FH boring to play and watch. The only way some players ( and you will get a proof if you see any "serious" tournament, is to actually spam unblockables that guarantee free damage, because even top players are afraid of parries.

If you do not believe me, than make sure to find one of these parry gods, and use against them a shugoki, kensei, Lawbringer or a nobushi, and try to do some ligh attacks. Nobushi will die in basically 2 top heavy