PDA

View Full Version : Highlander!?

Gastgrinder
06-03-2017, 11:48 AM
The new dlc character highlander, has a two-hand sword and should be able to switch between two combat modes.(offensive and defensive)

Now my question to ubisoft:
Is it really so wise to make a new character that switches between turtle meta and CCspam.
Makes you better before release thoughts, otherwise the whole op / broken ****storm goes again.

And the other characters will be, If someone is interested:
(Names have not yet been established)

Gladiator: trident and shield
Ronin: 2 swords
Huntress: sword and axe

Thanks for the attention:)

Herbstlicht
06-03-2017, 12:47 PM
Ultra-hard question to ask oO
Well, not UbiSoft, but at least the community. The time season 3 hits, we are sure to have parry - and with it turtling - nerfed by a considerable amount. Furthermore, I assume even the new heros will get adjustments. I mean 4on4 is trash right now. Almost unplayable in a lot of matches. With the possible amount of changes incoming - to old and the current new heros and the game system as well - it's incredibly hard to tell how "wise" any new character is.

I, personally, am rather fine with a warrior that is versatile - or at least sounds this way. Vikings getting a freakin awesome big sword wielding warrior that can try to hold out somewhat longer or swing that massive blade of his with reckless abandon? Come on, that would be awesome!

The Gladiator with trident and shield though .. not my type.
Ronin? Will need to see how he plays and looks. Shinobi 2.0? Never. Though Shinobi plays so fast and reactive, I dislike his style.
Huntress? No freakin idea on how they would work with sword and axe. I mean I fought hella lotta styles and weapons myself. But never did me strike the idea of axe and sword being effective once.
However, if the Ronin would get two long swords - we would be far out of realism anyway. As we are with Shinobi already. So .. maybe it's just about style right now.

CandleInTheDark
06-03-2017, 12:52 PM
Other than that we have a picture for the highlander, the other characters were leaked by Some Guy On The Internet, so I wouldn't take those as gospel just yet, nor the capabilities of the Highlander.

Gastgrinder
06-03-2017, 02:53 PM
Believe it or not, everyone must know for themselves.
In offensive mode, the highlander can not parry and GB, only Dodge is possible
So he will probably violently damage and CC spam to compensate for this.
I wonder what the defensive mode looks like?
I suspect something bad...

Hormly
06-03-2017, 03:11 PM
everyone can switch from offensive to defensive :P

Ulrichvonbek111
06-03-2017, 06:12 PM
Ultra-hard question to ask oO
Well, not UbiSoft, but at least the community. The time season 3 hits, we are sure to have parry - and with it turtling - nerfed by a considerable amount. Furthermore, I assume even the new heros will get adjustments. I mean 4on4 is trash right now. Almost unplayable in a lot of matches. With the possible amount of changes incoming - to old and the current new heros and the game system as well - it's incredibly hard to tell how "wise" any new character is.

I, personally, am rather fine with a warrior that is versatile - or at least sounds this way. Vikings getting a freakin awesome big sword wielding warrior that can try to hold out somewhat longer or swing that massive blade of his with reckless abandon? Come on, that would be awesome!

The Gladiator with trident and shield though .. not my type.
Ronin? Will need to see how he plays and looks. Shinobi 2.0? Never. Though Shinobi plays so fast and reactive, I dislike his style.
Huntress? No freakin idea on how they would work with sword and axe. I mean I fought hella lotta styles and weapons myself. But never did me strike the idea of axe and sword being effective once.
However, if the Ronin would get two long swords - we would be far out of realism anyway. As we are with Shinobi already. So .. maybe it's just about style right now.

Check out the book "The Five Rings" by Miyamoto Musashi.
💮💮💮

ViciousOphidian
06-03-2017, 06:17 PM
I'm just waiting for all the 420 memes.

Illyrian_King
06-03-2017, 07:03 PM
Please no gladiator! Please no gladiator! Please no gladiator!

This doesn't sound cool to have a male valkyrie with absolutely no foothold in the game concept!

Ulrichvonbek111
06-03-2017, 07:27 PM
Sõhei Buddhist warrior monk,,
Yamabushi ascetic hermits,,
Both would have a firm foothold in the game concept,,more so than the Shinobi..
They both would have close combat stats and more realistic compared to the Shinobi's 16ft+ ranged attack and invisibility with reappearance kicks.
They could be something for consideration...

Like someone said,,no more Roman based characters or the ridiculous..Shinobi..please keep it all in the realms of sanity and not bordering fantasy.
💮💮💮

CrunaCross
06-03-2017, 10:05 PM
Gladiator with Trident and shield...

I think a gladiator with Trident and a throwing net would be more interesting.

XxHunterHxX
06-03-2017, 10:35 PM

Thing is on redit the guy that posted all this caracters + the shinobi and centurion before it came out he said that it will be Trident+throwing net....i dont know where the shield came from on this post....

This is the Highlander....leek...

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/61zpn2/leaked_dlc_character_celtic/

https://res.cloudinary.com/pvplive/image/upload/article_images/newforhonorclass.jpg

CrunaCross
06-03-2017, 10:42 PM
Thing is on redit the guy that posted all this caracters + the shinobi and centurion before it came out he said that it will be Trident+throwing net....i dont know where the shield came from on this post....

This is the Highlander....leek...https://res.cloudinary.com/pvplive/image/upload/article_images/newforhonorclass.jpg

Really? I mean I didn't look much into leaks or anything, but for gladiator a throwing net sounds more logical as an arena fighter. But Thanks for clearing some rumors up

Lyskir
06-03-2017, 10:46 PM

This is the Highlander....leek...

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/61zpn2/leaked_dlc_character_celtic/

https://res.cloudinary.com/pvplive/image/upload/article_images/newforhonorclass.jpg

wow he looks.......disappointing

XxHunterHxX
06-03-2017, 10:50 PM
I cant find the redit post anymore...but here a video of a guy actualy reading that redit post ! and if you see what that guy is saying the ninja and centurion was on point and now highlander is on point so what he says about the rest you can be like 75% shure it will be like that...unles ubisoft changes stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAa3nx_6g6E

CandleInTheDark
06-03-2017, 11:18 PM
This is all assuming that a the Guy On The Internet isn't trolling and b he had accurate up to date stuff and not ideas being thrown out, also c, realising that some things had been leaked very early, ubisoft have not either put out misinformation to muddy the water or changed plans all together. I'll also point out that the guy said the shinobi would have a one handed chained scythe, I see both of his hands in use there, so certainly he didn't get it all on point even there and you could guess some stuff from the images.

I will quite happily give you that all of this could be right, but I think it is foolish to make assumptions this early in, the only people who know for sure are the devs and the streamers that were brought in for the community workshop.

UbiJurassic
06-03-2017, 11:21 PM
Currently there is no news to share regarding the new heroes coming with each new season of For Honor. As we get closer the end of each season, we will have information to share about each of them.

Illyrian_King
06-04-2017, 12:01 AM
Currently there is no news to share regarding the new heroes coming with each new season of For Honor. As we get closer the end of each season, we will have information to share about each of them.

Well for Season 2 the new heroes (Cent and Shinobi) were an open secret ^^

Now it is just speculation, if the further informations are also right or not ... but it might also be that these info drops are wanted by ubi and are dropped like "ups ^^ ... no statement"

I personally just don't like, that For Honor goes out of it's very basic concept with roman history and galic warriors, etc ...

UbiJurassic
06-04-2017, 12:23 AM
Well for Season 2 the new heroes (Cent and Shinobi) were an open secret ^^

Now it is just speculation, if the further informations are also right or not ... but it might also be that these info drops are wanted by ubi and are dropped like "ups ^^ ... no statement"

I personally just don't like, that For Honor goes out of it's very basic concept with roman history and galic warriors, etc ...

While we certainly did take heavy inspiration from Roman history when designing the Centurion, we did look to weave them naturally into the For Honor universe. I do believe they are mentioned in an observable during the campaign.

Smuggler007
06-04-2017, 12:41 AM
Whatever they decide, I think the Knights are meant to have a lot of armor. Gladiator don't make sense. Like really? Run out of ideas? Try Apollyon. She's hellbent on revenge anyway. Which we could find out how that is so in some expansion story campaign that incorporates these new DLC heroes. I know, fat chance. They're planning on a Sequel. lol

duplexlion1
06-04-2017, 05:36 AM
I thought this was going to be a thread about having a 16 player free-for-all mode. I am disappointed.

CoyoteXStarrk
06-04-2017, 07:22 AM
I am failing to see how a Gladiator with a trident and shield is different than the Valkyrie.

Give him a net instead of a shield and NOW we are talking.

Also how is Ronin who sounds like an assassin type class guy with dual swords gonna be different from the PK?

Oh and Huntress with Axe and Sword? That just sounds made up. That just sounds like somebody threw three darts at a wall covered in ideas and it landed on "Female, axe and sword"

Illyrian_King
06-04-2017, 08:38 PM
While we certainly did take heavy inspiration from Roman history when designing the Centurion, we did look to weave them naturally into the For Honor universe. I do believe they are mentioned in an observable during the campaign.

Yeah, admited ... the centurion fits better in the game, then I first thought. Also the observable helps to introduce him.

But this is just my very personal opinion now: I really hope that Ubi leaves roman or other "time-mixed" influence in FH with that!

nufrancis
06-05-2017, 10:51 AM
Interesting for Ronin, a masterless Samurai. I believe this hero is influenced by Miyamoto Musashi, looking at his dual swordstyle.

Highlander with two handed sword... Is it influenced by Sir William Wallace?? or the Movie Highlander??? If influenced by the movie, this will be interesting because this hero cannot be killed unless we cut the head off... LOL

Huntress... Sword and Axe... I think it will be more interesting if this hero use bow as secondary weapon. Its just logic with the name Huntress, a female hunter and a hunter mainly use bow, but on second thought maybe slim chance because Ubi already made arrow as an OP weapon, unblockable, a 1 hit hero killer. Warlord and Conq should be able to block arrow with the shield. Maybe Ubi can consider this to add on the hero traits.

Gladiator?? If we talk about Gladiator then they can pick any weapon they like. Why Trident and Shield? how about give special trait to this hero, can pick up any weapon from executioned hero and copy their style of fight. This hero will be like Joker card in For Honor.

Smuggler007
06-06-2017, 10:24 PM
Why not make a Paladin for the Knights, a Warrior Monk for the Samurai, and the Norman for the Vikings instead? I like the 'There can only be one' type with the Highlander for Vikings, but it doesn't quite fit like the Norman who is a Knight of Viking descent. He would be a hybrid alright. What could their feats be? How's this:

Paladin can mount on a horse on maps that support this of course. He can ride and joust all those enemies, even friendlies [unfortunately] when activated as a third or fourth feat. On smaller maps, he uses a crossbow that allows him to fire twice, or thrice.

Warrior Monk uses a staff by default. When feat unlocks, he can cycle and select another way to fight from two types of martial arts combat. This could work with the Battleaxe Viking as well. He can cycle to use either a knife, or brawl. I'd love to see him beat his foes!

Not sure with the Norman. I like this version of him.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/84/02/20/840220e3bebbb045bec01ec2bec93ffc.jpg

Just my two steel, as usual. :cool:

CaTaStR0Fa
06-06-2017, 10:57 PM
Why not releasing a spartan warrior? it will be so epic to play with the most deadly warrior of ancient times
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/4a/5c/28/4a5c2829bd7b0f0aafdeb8bf8b298fe0.jpg

Pillow_Hands
06-06-2017, 11:41 PM

Yeah, because this game needs more CC

UbiJurassic
06-07-2017, 12:16 AM
Why not releasing a spartan warrior? it will be so epic to play with the most deadly warrior of ancient times
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/4a/5c/28/4a5c2829bd7b0f0aafdeb8bf8b298fe0.jpg

Ledge kicking memes would never end.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/3oz8xFuJ0Zz1bBw6pG/giphy.gif

Gray360UK
06-07-2017, 12:20 AM

Take away the shield and we already have this. It's called a Centurion. I can't be the only one that has 'This is Sparta!' in my brain whenever I kick someone over a ledge while playing Centurion ;)