PDA

View Full Version : Ohhhh i think i know what this game needs

radi0wantcandy
06-03-2017, 04:12 AM
If anyone is familiar with League of Legends, you know there are quite a few unique champions and they are ALWAYS updating them for balance issues, etc.

please understand before I make my suggestion that I in no way think this game is ANYTHING like a moba and the similarities end with there being unique heroes with their own unique skills.

Implement a ban system for 4v4's.

Allow each team to ban 1 hero and then implement a draft system where you will enter games where there is no such thing as a duplicated champion

Everyone plays a unique hero.

This addresses ANY current imbalance issue when playing 4v4's... If they are broken or perceived as broken, ban it.

I know this doesn't fix innate imbalance, but playing this game type will avoid teams stacked with shinobis and cents.

Anyway, it's just a thought and sort of a soft fix while gathering more data on new heros to improve balance...

I'm not suggesting that you take any game types away, just implement this one among the rest and you should get enough hard data on what people do not wish to fight above all else in the game to focus on problematic heroes who's ban rates are staggeringly higher than others.

radi0wantcandy
06-03-2017, 05:07 AM
I see that people have seen this, just waiting for someone to weigh in their opinion as well.

razabak10mm
06-03-2017, 05:19 AM
I just came here cause I thought you were gonna say MOAR AXE HUMP.

radi0wantcandy
06-03-2017, 05:25 AM
I just came here cause I thought you were gonna say MOAR AXE HUMP.

Or replace the 'Thanks!' with 'Trashcan!'

would save me time by having to view their gamer card to send the message otherwise

EothK
06-03-2017, 05:32 AM
If anyone is familiar with League of Legends, you know there are quite a few unique champions and they are ALWAYS updating them for balance issues, etc.

please understand before I make my suggestion that I in no way think this game is ANYTHING like a moba and the similarities end with there being unique heroes with their own unique skills.

Allow each team to ban 1 hero and then implement a draft system where you will enter games where there is no such thing as a duplicated champion

This addresses ANY current imbalance issue when playing 4v4's... If they are broken or perceived as broken, ban it.

I know this doesn't fix innate imbalance, but playing this game type will avoid teams stacked with shinobis and cents.

Anyway, it's just a thought and sort of a soft fix while gathering more data on new heros to improve balance...

I'm not suggesting that you take any game types away, just implement this one among the rest and you should get enough hard data on what people do not wish to fight above all else in the game to focus on problematic heroes who's ban rates are staggeringly higher than others.

Two new heroes were introduced just a little while ago. Obviously you will see many of them at first. They are also new so people don't know how to deal with them.
So they seem very strong cause they play more aggressive.

But now already the number of Shinobi/Cents is halved compared to a week ago. And many folks are starting to learn. Last week my Cent destroyed just about anyone I crossed path with.
Yesterday evening I got my *ss kicked several times by people who knew the tricks and traits of Cents.

It will all work out. There was a time Orochi were slammed twice a minute on this forum for being OP. Then people just learned to counter him.... it will work out.
Letting players decide which character is broken is the worst thing you can do in this game. As people seem to scream OP before actually trying different strategies first.

The_B0G_
06-03-2017, 05:42 AM
People have been talking for weeks about switching matchmaking so you pick your hero before the matchmaking begins, limiting 1 hero type per team would be part of this.

The_B0G_
06-03-2017, 05:47 AM
I really hope hero limits happen, playing teams with multiple Cents makes me want to just turn the game off.

radi0wantcandy
06-03-2017, 05:50 AM
But implementing a ban phase (1 ban per team) and then a draft phase wouldn't break anything already ongoing... If you don't want to play this way then play normally... It's like the option in League of Legends where you can play either draft pick, or blind pick and blind pick is basically all we have now in 4v4's.

There are 11 heroes total (with more incoming) as it stands right now, one ban per team and forcing the remaining pool to be 1 unique champ per person would leave one hero unplayed and unbanned every match.

Absolute variety with every game.

I mean putting this among, player vs player, player vs AI and then this could be player vs player (draft)

It would mix things up and make it interesting.

You won't always get your main but having a diverse skill set across multiple champs would be someone's greatest strength in this game type.

radi0wantcandy
06-03-2017, 05:53 AM
If you want to take this into mainstream e-sports as far as balance goes, there will have to be a game type with ban capabilities at some point anyway

razabak10mm
06-03-2017, 06:01 AM
This seems ridiculously complicated. Do you seriously have enough confidence in Ubi to even suggest something like this?

Are we playing the same game?

The_B0G_
06-03-2017, 06:04 AM
This seems ridiculously complicated. Do you seriously have enough confidence in Ubi to even suggest something like this?

Are we playing the same game?

If you're talking to me then yes, I do think they can do it, I think it was a mistake not to have it like that from the beginning, a week into playing the game I could see how bad the matchmaking set up was.

The_B0G_
06-03-2017, 12:27 PM
You dont need to pick prior to matchmaking for this to work. I'm sure youre familiar with brawl and how hero selection works post matchmaking there. That is all we need. No bans necessary either.

The problem with that is people will get into games and not be able to pick their mains so they quit when the game starts, doing it that way would be a mistake.

CandleInTheDark
06-03-2017, 02:24 PM
The reps have said a few times that as it stands, the devs don't want to limit players in their character choice and a ban system or a limit with matchmaking as it currently is can screw players over,especially with gear stats being a thing. Talking only for myself, I only have the peacekeeper in gold gear and the warden in blue, now say the peacekeeper gets banned and someone gets the warden first, that's me with a grey gear hero.

Now there are about five others I feel at least competent with playing but that would still put me at an immediate disadvantage. In my own case I am working on getting another four to golden gear with my main and there are two others that I am not working on now that I am decent with, I just don't like as much as the other five when I already have fourteen rep points to get but there are those who only play one character and that screws them even harder than me.

I believe there are also a lot more characters in league of legends (haven't played it, just watched an e tournament a few years ago when one of our channels picked it up) so maybe that is something they can look at year two or in a theoretical sequel if they start with as many characters as there would be in this game at the end of year one/two. As it stands I would be pretty happy with a system that allows a limit after players have already picked their character before matchmaking, that has the best of both worlds where players have their favoured character and there is only one per team at the cost of maybe matchmaking taking longer for some (I think they need to work on stability some though or the longer matchmaking will drive players away) but the brawl system as it is now would be terrible all around for geared 4v4 even without a ban. Personally I would prefer that rep only affect how cool your gear looks but look at the backlash ubi had when they simply added a gear level.

XxHunterHxX
06-03-2017, 03:48 PM
They wont do that for the normal reason that lets say 10% of people play ONLY warden and most games have atlest 1 warden in them...or people that main centurion...they will just stay in que for 30-1 hour to find a game with a free spot for them to play the hero they want or just pick something no one plays to enter like conqurer or nobushi....this ideea with pick the heroes before its good IF we had a big community with lots of players but as it is now...the player pool is small so the ideea will never be implemented....

and the league of legends comparation is stupid....

in league of legends you dont level up the heroes unles you just wana show the icon thing that you ir level 7 and thats it.....in for honor a level 1 prestige hero has all the perks so lets say i have 3 prestige 1 caracters and 1 is banned and 2 of them picked then im left with playing a new caracter from 0 so what is the point ? in league caracter matters you need a healer/dps/tank etc in here you just play your main and favorite caracter and level it up so the league of legends comparation is dumb...

UbiNoty
06-05-2017, 02:34 AM
Thanks for the feedback - I'll respond with the same reply I've given in a few other similar posts.

First, FH is different from League in several aspects.
1. We have gear score and rep which means more time on one hero = more benefits
2. Much smaller hero pool

Maybe one day when we have more heroes we'll be able to think more seriously about a draft/ban-system. But as of right now, because of the system we have in place with gear and rep scores, it's not as simple a solution. If we allow bans, we risk banning out players who want to play on their main - which would be disruptive and undermine many of our players. But at the same time we do want to encourage diversity in games and see less 4-man centurion squads rolling around. So it's a complicated issue that we're going to try to tackle.

Your idea has merit and would help to resolve the problems we're seeing, but we also have to keep in mind the restrictions that we're working with. So while we will definitely keep your suggestions in mind, don't be too disappointed if you don't see it as a new feature in the near future.

CandleInTheDark
06-05-2017, 03:12 AM
1. We have gear score and rep which means more time on one hero = more benefits

And this is exactly why the brawl comparison people keep throwing around doesn't work, brawl doesn't have gear score. Personally I would prefer that rep level only gives you cooler looking gear with no other effect, that alone would solve most of the matchmaking issues, but after the backlash just for adding a gear tier that is less than likely.

LastManGunning
06-05-2017, 03:22 AM

how much time have u invested in this game? maybe you are just not good.