PDA

View Full Version : I do need to commend the Ubi reps

radi0wantcandy
06-03-2017, 02:49 AM
I'm guilty of simply stating what's wrong with the game rather than whats right, I'm part of the complainers, lol.

There are some things that are unhealthy with the game, but I get why you guys don't respond to everything. There are some things that have no other response besides one that you'd lose your job over.

But seriously, thanks for listening and trying at least, however big or small of a pull you may or may not have with the actual direction of this game.

I just want you to know that when I go on one of my b*tch fests its because I see potential here for something great and not the imbalanced mess that other competitive games have fallen prey to.

I think the key to balancing this game is #1, fighting vortex spam. The moment that player input is negated for an amount of time long enough to be noticed, that's when people begin to start feeling shafted by the game itself.

It's not just the reality of 'having no counterplay,' it's also the perception of being helpless to some things in the game... Staring mainly at the recent editions, but some of the old ones still need tweaks.

Maybe if someone broke down exactly how a change is approved within ubisoft in relation to balance, people may understand why nothing happened after they typed 14 paragraphs about a certain hero.

radi0wantcandy
06-03-2017, 02:52 AM
Also, I'll add, people tend to be shafted when the perception of a certain thing or hero in this game is seen to have minimal skill input in relation to maximum winning output based on skills and feats that require perfect counterplay to outplay, but minimal thought in spamming them, forcing someone into a perfect counterplay situation or lose.

I think that's what many feel is the most egregious aspect of this game in terms of balance.

KilluminatiSH
06-03-2017, 02:58 AM
I second this, sending some mad respect and love to the Ubi reps. I've seen too many games where the community is just flat out ignored, but you guys are really making an effort. Thread is definitely worth a bump!

UbiNoty
06-03-2017, 03:04 AM
Thanks >.<
We do understand that it can be frustrating sometimes, and that (most of) your criticism comes from your passion and high expectations for For Honor. And we want to live up to your expectations, but it's not always easy trying to to find the balance between what changes are asked of us vs. and what changes are right for the game. So that takes time to sort out. And we're not perfect, sometimes we have an idea that we want to introduce that we think will be super cool and awesome, and we'll test it as much as we can before release - but then it gets released to the entire playerbase and it's just not playing out like we thought it would.

I don't know if we'll ever be able to know exactly what goes on behind the closed doors of the dev team, but please believe that we're ultimately just trying to do right by our players and the game.

KilluminatiSH
06-03-2017, 03:44 AM
Thanks >.<
We do understand that it can be frustrating sometimes, and that (most of) your criticism comes from your passion and high expectations for For Honor. And we want to live up to your expectations, but it's not always easy trying to to find the balance between what changes are asked of us vs. and what changes are right for the game. So that takes time to sort out. And we're not perfect, sometimes we have an idea that we want to introduce that we think will be super cool and awesome, and we'll test it as much as we can before release - but then it gets released to the entire playerbase and it's just not playing out like we thought it would.

I don't know if we'll ever be able to know exactly what goes on behind the closed doors of the dev team, but please believe that we're ultimately just trying to do right by our players and the game.

We know! <3 We ***** and moan, but we're still here. :D