PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Expert Mode

the_monotonist
06-02-2017, 11:44 PM
I've played through all the missions available, as well as ship classes, and found that an Expert Mode would add a lot more needed complexity for advanced players. It could possibly be a check box on the mission selection screen, or maybe even a category of lobby. Playing this way would modify all missions to do the following:

- intro cut scene skip-able
- all warp and impulse destinations available at all times, even if the mission doesn't use them
- all hails are optional
- NPC crew will not talk
- no yellow exclamation point objective hints on maps
- nearby ship allegiance, and class are unknown until scanned

What does everyone think?

Quack_Jack
06-04-2017, 10:56 AM
cut scene skip is already available ;)

BB_Coolcat
06-04-2017, 11:44 AM
I think the cut scene has to be skipped by the captain or something.
Hails and crew talk add to the immersion, I would not remove them.
We might call this "exploration" mode. You can just keep going, but can go back to the space station for repairs, refull or saving the game state. The general objective would be to explore systems, but of course the you would have to handle distress calls, pirates, etc. on the way.

Quack_Jack
06-04-2017, 03:32 PM
Exploration is actually a cool idea, only problem being that you won't get very far unless your 4-player crew stay in the same game for hours on end... which usually doesn't happen. So a way to do it would be to always start from the home port and from there pick where you wanna warp too with missions in each sector that would just pop up when you're there and you would be able to choose whether or not to do them...

I've been reading about the desire of beaming down a crew of 1-2 to reach a certain point on the map, which would also be awesome!

So many ideas everywhere, hopefully some stuff will get implemented soon, not in 6 months only, because by then people will be fed up with playing 5 missions over and over (on-going mission will get boring very fast since the map is pretty small and the types of missions are not a lot either... so yes it's different but with only so few factors changing it is basically the same thing)