PDA

View Full Version : For Honor: 1 Step Forward, 4 Steps Back

Mia.Nora
06-02-2017, 07:06 AM
For Honor still feels like a early-access alpha game with pretty much every aspect except its graphics.

Network stability is worse than games in 90s.
Balance is a total joke, especially in 4v4 modes.
Matchmaking is by far the worst I have ever seen in any online game.

Even menus are pretty poor and game lacks many quality of life features that come as default with other games.

I could live with all that as long as there were slow but STEADY forward progress.

Don't get me wrong, I am aware there are some improvements happening here and there from time to time. Connectivity is still way below industry standards, but slightly better than 2 months ago. Obviously nowhere near enough in an age every other online game offers perfect or almost perfect connectivity, but still some progress is better than no progress. Same goes for balance, while it was never balanced enough at any stage, at least it felt like it was moving forward, with patches that dropped once every few week.

This is where the main problem with this game starts. Good things happen SO SELDOM and in the form of BABY STEPS. But when things go wrong they are like ROCKET JUMPS.

Take S2 characters, which we all know totally ****ed up all 4v4; and that won't get fixed anytime soon. All the baby steps in S1 for balance is now completely obsolete and we are back to square one where things are as bad as when they were in pre-revenge nerf, if not worse.. On top of that add in incompetence of breaking stuff that used to work, like vs AI orders; which took almost 2 months to bring it back to where it was.. Don't get me started on Matchmaking because since player numbers dwindled so low it is just getting worse by day.

This game is getting worse in big leaps, while improvements happen in so small scale with so much time in between that I do not see any point in being patient anymore. It was fun in S1, we all knew there were issues but thought from there it would only get better. Now I completely lost any interest in the potential future, because unlike before it is not just a matter of when, but also a matter of if.

I will just stick to having some casual fun in vs AI, without touching actual PvP for a long while. This is or was a nice game so I don't want to move on completely, but at this rate being patient and hoping for the best seems completely pointless.

ONYX_x5
06-02-2017, 10:27 AM
They are working on being aware that there is a problem here. It will be in the next patch. They just want to take their time with it, they don't want to do something stupid, something valkrye, its coming something something.
Something it's probably your fault due to skill or connection something something and rage quit penalty. It's only been 4 months.

Egotistic_Ez
06-02-2017, 11:25 AM
I honestly don't understand how companies still have issues with matchmaking. Not confident in your ability to set one up? Copy ELO. Done.

Mia.Nora
06-03-2017, 02:21 AM
I honestly don't understand how companies still have issues with matchmaking. Not confident in your ability to set one up? Copy ELO. Done.

That's the problem here, there are so many industry standard templates out there; yet FH goes back to bare bone basics ignoring everything that's been developed to near perfection in last 2 decades. I really regret all the money I put in this game..

UbiNoty
06-03-2017, 02:42 AM
I understand your frustrations and all I can really say is that we're really trying to do our best.

It's a learning process for us too - and we might have gotten off to a rocky start, but we're trying to learn from past mistakes so we don't make them again for future new changes all the while trying to fix older, unresolved problems, find the right balancing changes, fix new bugs, fix old bugs, etcetc. We've got a lot to juggle on our plate and hope you all can understand that even though we may not be able to fix things immediately, they are always in the back of our mind.

Thank you for your thoughts on the state of For Honor, and I'll thank you all once again for sticking with us and for providing your feedback.

I hope that we can give you a better impression of our efforts and sincerity moving forward.

Mia.Nora
06-03-2017, 03:54 AM
I understand your frustrations and all I can really say is that we're really trying to do our best.

It's a learning process for us too - and we might have gotten off to a rocky start, but we're trying to learn from past mistakes so we don't make them again for future new changes all the while trying to fix older, unresolved problems, find the right balancing changes, fix new bugs, fix old bugs, etcetc. We've got a lot to juggle on our plate and hope you all can understand that even though we may not be able to fix things immediately, they are always in the back of our mind.

Thank you for your thoughts on the state of For Honor, and I'll thank you all once again for sticking with us and for providing your feedback.

I hope that we can give you a better impression of our efforts and sincerity moving forward.

I really wish I could commend you for the effort. But actions speak louder than words. And sadly all there is to show for your efforts are words, nothing more.

Until your actions back up those words, unfortunately they mean very little..

Duuklah
06-03-2017, 07:24 AM
For Honor still feels like a early-access alpha game with pretty much every aspect except its graphics.

Network stability is worse than games in 90s.
Balance is a total joke, especially in 4v4 modes.
Matchmaking is by far the worst I have ever seen in any online game.

Even menus are pretty poor and game lacks many quality of life features that come as default with other games.

I could live with all that as long as there were slow but STEADY forward progress.

Don't get me wrong, I am aware there are some improvements happening here and there from time to time. Connectivity is still way below industry standards, but slightly better than 2 months ago. Obviously nowhere near enough in an age every other online game offers perfect or almost perfect connectivity, but still some progress is better than no progress. Same goes for balance, while it was never balanced enough at any stage, at least it felt like it was moving forward, with patches that dropped once every few week.

This is where the main problem with this game starts. Good things happen SO SELDOM and in the form of BABY STEPS. But when things go wrong they are like ROCKET JUMPS.

Take S2 characters, which we all know totally ****ed up all 4v4; and that won't get fixed anytime soon. All the baby steps in S1 for balance is now completely obsolete and we are back to square one where things are as bad as when they were in pre-revenge nerf, if not worse.. On top of that add in incompetence of breaking stuff that used to work, like vs AI orders; which took almost 2 months to bring it back to where it was.. Don't get me started on Matchmaking because since player numbers dwindled so low it is just getting worse by day.

This game is getting worse in big leaps, while improvements happen in so small scale with so much time in between that I do not see any point in being patient anymore. It was fun in S1, we all knew there were issues but thought from there it would only get better. Now I completely lost any interest in the potential future, because unlike before it is not just a matter of when, but also a matter of if.

I will just stick to having some casual fun in vs AI, without touching actual PvP for a long while. This is or was a nice game so I don't want to move on completely, but at this rate being patient and hoping for the best seems completely pointless.

exactly...

Months of waiting for balance patches to ABSURD toons. They finally hit.. One month later.... SHADOW AND FURY!! Balance now worse than ever....

Duuklah
06-03-2017, 07:30 AM

You guys really need to speed up the learning process..

Ive been here since open Beta - We have all been on the forums almost daily SCREAMING about what the right things to do are.

You guys have taken WAY too long to enact minor balance patches.

Then you release the Centurion and the Shinobi.. The worst of the worst of the worst BY FAR.... More CC.. More unblockables.. Less room for error.. More Turtle.. More spam...

Literally introduced cancer into the game..

Now you have let the cancer fester for the better part of a month and players are dropping like flies, or at the least VERY angry..

Please check out my stat tracker.. Im literally like a slightly above average committed player and I'm in a RAGE over balance and the way youve completely betrayed all the work WE have been doing since beta. Yes I said WE because this feels like a continuation of open beta..

You guys finished beta and we all had TONS of feedback to give.. Two days later you release the game. We all BEGGED you to stop and wait and patch a bit more and add more polish.

You guys insisted.. You guys put the price at 79.99 Canadian.. YOU created this rage issue on the forums....

Explain yourselves PLEASE!

YuBiShiGouShi
06-03-2017, 08:05 AM

You guys should have never released the new characters without further testing. Actions speak way louder than words. You all at Ubisoft can say whatever you want but that doesn't change the fact that you all are making mistake after mistake. You have burned too many customers in the last 3 years for us to believe anything you say. The game was decent prior to S2. The nerf to revenge was too much. It has been almost 4 months and you guys have taken more steps back with S2 than you have made in the entire life of this game. Sadly you guys don't have time on your side. If you don't make major changes with the next patch or the followig patch and changes that make this game better in the next patch, I fear that you won't have players playing this game anymore.. I mean FFS bro, look at the awful tracking of the two new heroes. Even if you do get lucky enough to avoid both their kicks they can follow up with a heavy or a light. I believe that you guys don't know what to do. You have created something that can do really good but don't know what to do with it. Sadly I am not giving you anymore chances. I'm done waiting for Ubisoft to fix this game. I have bought all the games Ubisoft has released this generation and they have all been awful. You guys are literally the worst AAA gaming company of this generation. Assassin's Creed was a huge upset and was the buggiest game ever, The Division was nothing but bugs and bullet sponging, RB6 was garbage but is doing somewhat better, Ghost Recon: Wildland that doesn't have PVP after 4 months when PVP has always been in the game when released. and now this garbage. I'm sorry bud but I would recommend you start looking for a new job because there will be layoffs because Ubisoft will do whatever it has to do to survive and right now without the company having any revenue coming in than that only means one thing, either dump the last of your funds into something and hope it works or close the doors. Sadly this game will not be the game that saves Ubisoft and restore it's reputation. So that means only one thing, layoffs are coming. If it can happen to Microsoft than it can sure as heck happen to Ubisoft. Although, I could be wrong but than again am I right? I wish the best for the employees but I do not wish for the best for Ubisoft. I think a lot of players wouldn't be sadden one bit if Ubisoft went bankrupt. There are too many gaming developers in the industry now for mistakes like connection issues to exist. There are games in Pre-Release that have better connections than all of Ubisoft combined. Wildlands and The Division both had connections issues as well. You guys are on in a bad situation right now and maybe you guys can pull out it. It won't be with any of your titles that are released as of current but maybe the next game will save you all.

Herbstlicht
06-03-2017, 09:09 AM
Well, I think the team isn't on the wrong track completely. It's just that everything takes so long and so little can mess up so many. Event data will show just how many people play the new classes. and many played the event, on PS4, i guess about 50k players. That's solid.

However, people playing fighting games are bad customers in a sense that they will analyze the **** out of everything. And when they tell you xy is op, it is likely to be the case.
When everyone tells you cc in 4on4's sucks, it guaranteed is the case. So maybe Ubi did learn for S3. S2 is dead, beyond reviving. With the current pacing, maybe defencive meta fix will do something. But I guess we need S3 and the ability to rub those balancing issues right under their eyes. Nothing easier ifnour balance predictions are true ...

But the time until then ...
Ah yeah, summer time and possibly enough releases to forget about FH.

Danioku
06-03-2017, 09:22 AM
Event data will show just how many people play the new classes. and many played the event, on PS4, i guess about 50k players. That's solid.

On PC i played 10 Duels and i'm in 3000 position... seems we are every day less.... But ye, you cant expect otherwise looking at how broken and frustrating is the game atm and how Ubisoft is "working" on it.

I will never understand why they take so long for fixing, patching, balancing while any other company running multiplayers take hours/days not weeks/months.

I just dont get it, are they all part-time incompetent trainees ?

XxHunterHxX
06-03-2017, 09:57 AM
Ohhh come on people now you give up on the For Honor game ? Iv been saying for 2 months now the game is dead and ubisoft cant be botterd since they have the money from us already !

Now you finaly decide to understand its to late to fix anything ? Took you long enough !

Im glad to see ubi lose fan boys !

http://i.imgur.com/pVcwR.gif

If they wana do something for us and show some respect take out the ingame cash shop since that was a slap in the face from day one for people who payed 90 euros for the gold edition !

And give to the people that have the season pass permanent xp bonus !

KalkPost
06-03-2017, 12:23 PM
I think a plain old standard lobby with choosing a character - and seeing what other characters have been chosen - before the session starts (not the match) and the opportunity to leave the lobby will solve most problems with a fingersnip.

teamspirit1
06-03-2017, 04:02 PM
I think a plain old standard lobby with choosing a character - and seeing what other characters have been chosen - before the session starts (not the match) and the opportunity to leave the lobby will solve most problems with a fingersnip.

coming soon!!!!! till then buy new emotes,ornaments, execution emotes, etc

RatedChaotic
06-03-2017, 04:17 PM
On PC i played 10 Duels and i'm in 3000 position... seems we are every day less.... But ye, you cant expect otherwise looking at how broken and frustrating is the game atm and how Ubisoft is "working" on it.

I will never understand why they take so long for fixing, patching, balancing while any other company running multiplayers take hours/days not weeks/months.

I agree. This free game I have been playing has pushed out more fixes in the last week than UBI has done in months. That games pvp has way more varibles in it and its more balanced and stable than this one.

Ubi you should look into hiring f2p game creators. In the past few years these little companies have been making better games than you big boys have.

kweassa1917
06-03-2017, 04:29 PM

Like which company? Riot has been out much longer than FH with higher commercial success and gross rating, and they've got at least three times more people in hire for balancing and patching and it still usually takes them 2 weeks bettwen patches, and the "fixes" they do between those patches are on average teeney-weeney numberchanges, never on the level of asking for totally new mechanics or a giant fix to how the faction war meta game is played -- and even with that many personnel some heroes are never fixed for months despite constant complaints.

You don't know why things take longer than you think it would?

Get a real job, and see if there's any company in the world that decides to fix something because a handful of people are spamming the same whines again and again.

TheLastPandaa
06-03-2017, 04:29 PM
The game is dead on PC. And the console version is affected of a terminal illness. Only a miracle can save this game from dying on ps4/xbox. It has no claim for new players to venture to buy it and the remaining players are leaving in droves disgusted by the little seriousness with which ubisoft has worked since its launch.

For statements made by the moderators of this forum as well as those made by developers every week in the Warriors den, it is very clear that they have no idea what to do with the game.
They have no idea how to solve balance problems, nor enough people to even try to fix the deficiencies that affect the core of the game.

I do not regreat of the 55€ i spent on this game because it has reported me a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of hours of fun. But at this point, after 4 months with not evolution or real improvements at all this game feels boring and frustrating.

kweassa1917
06-03-2017, 04:38 PM
The game is dead on PC. And the console version is affected of a terminal illness. Only a miracle can save this game from dying on ps4/xbox. It has no claim for new players to venture to buy it and the remaining players are leaving in droves disgusted by the little seriousness with which ubisoft has worked since its launch.

According to who? You? Because while the initial hit to the player numbers was no doubt a crucial blow, the numbers have basically stabilized since around April -- and that's still the largest number of players playing a game in a fighting-game genre except for the recently released, massively hyped, and already a commercial success TEKKEN7.

You wanna see "dead"? Go look at steamcharts of SF X TEKKEN pr SF5 and see how many people play those.

For statements made by the moderators of this forum as well as those made by developers every week in the Warriors den, it is very clear that they have no idea what to do with the game.
They have no idea how to solve balance problems, nor enough people to even try to fix the deficiencies that affect the core of the game.

I do not regreat of the 55€ i spent on this game because it has reported me a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of hours of fun. But at this point, after 4 months with not evolution or real improvements at all this game feels boring and frustrating.

8 patches in the course of 16 weeks, with many more live updates in between. Introduced new maps and two new classes, all the while constantly wrestling with net codes and connection problems on the side, and still making time to do community events and bi-weekly vlog communication for the fans.

Just because you don't get what you want for X-mas don't mean Santa is not doing his job -- not to mention there are people, who are just as much a part of the community, questioning and contesting whether you should be getting those "presents" in the first place.

KyleTessada
06-03-2017, 05:01 PM

Hey, just to let you guys know, Haters are gonna hate. No matter what you guys do, there will always be those nay sayers.
To be quite honest, FH is imo the best game out and by far the best game I have ever played. Yes there are some issues.. one of the biggest issues are that many players are just lazy. They don't want to take the time to learn, to get better. They think everything should be easy for them. They don't want to try. They don't want to struggle. They don't want to shed the tears, sweat and blood on the battle field to improve their skills. They grew up in the era of the participation trophy.
From me and many others who love this game... Keep up the great work!

Antonioj26
06-03-2017, 05:22 PM
Hey, just to let you guys know, Haters are gonna hate. No matter what you guys do, there will always be those nay sayers.
To be quite honest, FH is imo the best game out and by far the best game I have ever played. Yes there are some issues.. one of the biggest issues are that many players are just lazy. They don't want to take the time to learn, to get better. They think everything should be easy for them. They don't want to try. They don't want to struggle. They don't want to shed the tears, sweat and blood on the battle field to improve their skills. They grew up in the era of the participation trophy.

Wanting balance is lazy? Lol okay. I agree that some people complain too much but theres an equal but opposite force out there that is just as bad. One that will completely disregard the imbalances and just say "git gud." Theres a happy median that can be found by using hard data.

Pillow_Hands
06-03-2017, 05:57 PM

Wanting balanced gameplay is considered being lazy?

lmao wow

Y_Shrewditch
06-03-2017, 08:13 PM
It's a learning process for us too - and we might have gotten off to a rocky start, but we're trying to learn from past mistakes so we don't make them again for future new changes all the while trying to fix older, unresolved problems, find the right balancing changes, fix new bugs, fix old bugs, etcetc.

I get the good intentions, but... and this is a big BUT, the devs actions speak otherwise.

There was concern for the headbutt spam of the Warlord, which got fixed nicely, but then you give us the perma-stun-for-nothing Centurion.
There was concern for the lightspam of the PK, which got sort-of fixed, and they you give us an even quicker Shinobi.
There was concern for the defensive meta, and these new classes, besides being OP as can be, demand to be countered by a defensive meta.

I get the idea of not repeating the same mistakes, but in all seriousness, you gave more of the worst. And to top it off, you 'fix' the weakest classes by updating the moveset list.

I'm all for steady-does it, but I have a real concern your playerbase will have gone and left once you have actually, you know, learned from your mistakes in such a way as not to repeat them.

And I'm sorry to sound so harsh and salty, but I've been up against too many centurions, seen them unleash a full combo while still at half stamina and me without anything to do but stare at my screen taking the abuse.

But hey, luckily you're going to implement the 'leaver-penalty', so I get to go through that at least three times every duel. Yippee.

GheyimeMadeMeAn
06-03-2017, 10:38 PM
I understand your frustrations

You don't understand your entire "community." When is meta patch?