PDA

View Full Version : @Ubinoty @Ubijurassic When can we expect Orochi buff?

Existentialmeme
06-02-2017, 06:34 AM
I'm just curious

CoyoteXStarrk
06-02-2017, 07:33 AM
Apparently not til after they add a quit penalty and balance Cent and Shin

Fixed that for you :)

Existentialmeme
06-02-2017, 07:44 AM
Just wondering since they made a thread dedicated to Orochi suggestions.
Orochi is about the only character I play in 4v4 gamemodes :P mostly because it take way too long to get to a decent gear score if I start another character.
Recently I've only been playing 1v1s (mostly because of the ****ty connection in China xD) been playing a lot of other heroes as well, and I've starting to see that Orochi is really lacking in some areas.

Existentialmeme
06-02-2017, 07:55 AM
Also @CoyoteXStarrk,
Immense respect for you, I've read a decent amount of your posts and replies, I don't know how you can keep your cool dealing with those kind of people.
Hope you come back to the game soon~

CoyoteXStarrk
06-02-2017, 07:56 AM
Also @CoyoteXStarrk,
Immense respect for you, I've read a decent amount of your posts and replies, I don't know how you can keep your cool dealing with those kind of people.
Hope you come back to the game soon~

Me too.

Once the Cents and Shins aren't the only characters being used I will be right back in trust me.

S0Mi_xD
06-02-2017, 08:16 AM
Just wondering since they made a thread dedicated to Orochi suggestions.
Orochi is about the only character I play in 4v4 gamemodes :P mostly because it take way too long to get to a decent gear score if I start another character.
Recently I've only been playing 1v1s (mostly because of the ****ty connection in China xD) been playing a lot of other heroes as well, and I've starting to see that Orochi is really lacking in some areas.

I personly think, Orochi is pretty good.
The lacks you referring to, are probably the lack of an opener in form of an Unbockable?
If it is the case, then it isn't Orochis fault, it is the fault of the poor balance in the core mechanic of the game.
Just take a look at Parry, it is a Defensiv Mechanic and at the same time a counterattack with very strong punish that outshines all deflects, even if a deflect is more risky.
Parries are not limited, they do not cost any stamina, so you can use them every time and they are even strong when you are out of stamina.

Also, they implented chains but also a Superior block against every light attack, it is logical, that you can perform a chain with light attacks if your enemy can swing around the guard stance abit.
And throwing attacks in general (execept unblockable opener like shildbash, shoulderbash, etc...) is extremly dangerous for the attack because of parry.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1676777-Defensive-META-This-could-be-a-very-good-solution!
In this thread i tried to analyse defensive and offensive option abit and give suggestions to how it could work, without alter the game mechanics to much.
If you are interrested, you are free to take a look.

In the yesterdays stream they already said they wanna change the Parry reward.
This is a good first step, but it will not change much, only that you will do less dmg with parries.

Existentialmeme
06-02-2017, 08:25 AM
I personly think, Orochi is pretty good.
The lacks you referring to, are probably the lack of an opener in form of an Unbockable?
If it is the case, then it isn't Orochis fault, it is the fault of the poor balance in the core mechanic of the game.
Just take a look at Parry, it is a Defensiv Mechanic and at the same time a counterattack with very strong punish that outshines all deflects, even if a deflect is more risky.
Parries are not limited, they do not cost any stamina, so you can use them every time and they are even strong when you are out of stamina.

Also, they implented chains but also a Superior block against every light attack, it is logical, that you can perform a chain with light attacks if your enemy can swing around the guard stance abit.
And throwing attacks in general (execept unblockable opener like shildbash, shoulderbash, etc...) is extremly dangerous for the attack because of parry.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1676777-Defensive-META-This-could-be-a-very-good-solution!
In this thread i tried to analyse defensive and offensive option abit and give suggestions to how it could work, without alter the game mechanics to much.
If you are interrested, you are free to take a look.

In the yesterdays stream they already said they wanna change the Parry reward.
This is a good first step, but it will not change much, only that you will do less dmg with parries.

Lack of openers for sure, but I personally don't like the idea of adding unblockable to Orochi.
My opinion of changes Orochi needs are in page 11-13 (forgot exactly where xD) of the Orochi feedback if you wanna check it out~

S0Mi_xD
06-02-2017, 08:37 AM
Lack of openers for sure, but I personally don't like the idea of adding unblockable to Orochi.
My opinion of chances Orochi needs are in page 11-13 (forgot exactly where xD) of the Orochi feedback if you wanna check it out~

haha :D our both first posts are on site 8 ^^

Here is my feedback on Orochi.

Befor i played him, i thought Orochis was OP.
The moment i picked Orochi and learned him, i thought he seriously needs something.
After playing Orochi more, i do really think Orochi is quite balanced.

The main problem does not lie in the Hero, but more in the core mechanics.

Here i summed up the problem with our current defensive/offensive mechanics and suggested ways to fix it!
First try to balance the core mechanic befor you try balancing Heros into a broken core machanic!

Same goes for bugs like Zone Flicker!

-------------------------------------------------------

But now back to Orochi.
In general Orochi is fine, most of his moves and abilities are viable.
But there are some of them not working that great at all or abit to good.

Riptide Strike:
It is a cool move and it is intended (from the looks of the movement) as an counterattack.
The problem here is, even if you time it well, you can still get hit and your good timed counterattack isn't worth anything, because the counterattack situation changed into a trading situation.

How to adjust Riptide:
- Adding Hyperarmor to it (like hurrican blast)
- higher dmg, from current 30 to 40 -> it would make a trade with Riptide worth

Zone-Attack
- just change dmg from 20 to 15 and it would be enough

as far as you fix the flicker bug there are no changes needed to ZA.

-------------------------------------------------------------
And now about a topic that concerns all assassin classes:
Unblockables
Ubi created those Heros in a way, that they don't really need any ACTIVE opener, and i do understand why.
But the current problem is, that the defensive meta does limit assassin classes most, because they don't have any opener.

If you are fixing the Def Meta first, after that we will see if all classes need an unblockable opener/attack or not.

I'm a Rep 14 Orochi,

To be honest, I really think Orochi's Riptide strike needs some change, feint-able is definitely a must. Being able to feint Riptide strike allows this move-set to be a dodge and a bait for turtles to parry and attack, and therefore able to punish them.

Riptide strike should also do more damage than a top heavy (I don't actually know that damage values but reading other people's comments it seems like it does less damage)
How can a move that gives you more momentum and force do less damage than a move where you just slash from top?

The camera tracking on Hurricane Blast is also a must, besides from that, I really don't think Orochi needs many changes.

Maybe a slight kick after deflects, a kick that will stun opponent for a very small amount of time, but gives them enough for them to dodge hurricane blast, this I have not thought through at all, because I don't think deflect needs this kind of thing. Deflect is supposed to be hard to pull off and requires a lot of practice on timing.

S0Mi_xD
06-02-2017, 08:46 AM
I thought about riptide similar to you.
1. Way:
- feintable

2. Way
- Unblockable (not a fan of this)

3. Way
- Hyperarmor + dmg from 30 up to 40

If Ubi limits parry in a similar way i have suggested, way 3 would be a good choice,
If not than i would agree on way 1.

Existentialmeme
06-02-2017, 09:53 AM
I thought about riptide similar to you.
1. Way:
- feintable

2. Way
- Unblockable (not a fan of this)

3. Way
- Hyperarmor + dmg from 30 up to 40

If Ubi limits parry in a similar way i have suggested, way 3 would be a good choice,
If not than i would agree on way 1.

Great minds think alike ;)
I like way 1 and maybe a damage boost as well~ Orochi is a light-weight character so he shouldn't have that many uninterruptible attacks (I like consistency of moveset with the hero's appearance :P)

corazondedelfin
06-02-2017, 10:49 AM
Never.

(for more info, go into my created threads months ago HAHHA)

Existentialmeme
06-02-2017, 11:38 AM
Never.

(for more info, go into my created threads months ago HAHHA)

LOL all your posts are filled with salt, too much NaCl is not that good for you buddy

CandleInTheDark
06-02-2017, 12:09 PM
They said on the Den yesterday probably not the next one they do the kensei in, they got a lot of feedback they want to analyse and they still need to test it, possibly the one after. We know they want to look at all the samurai and they all will be getting buffs. My own thoughts are pretty much in line with yours, changes to make deflect more viable and hopefully something in the defensive meta changes that make the likes of storm rush and riptide strike more viable.

My own opinion is that any character that is labelled a counter attacker at character select shouldn't be having safe openers, which is rich for a PK main but I include her in that also, I'd rather her lights be in line with everyone else's and her deflects and bleeds be made more attractive but in a state where you have to read the opponent and punish them to make the full use of them, so basically fast in terms of movement and reaction rather than in terms of attack speed, but that is my thoughts on counter attacking play in general.

corazondedelfin
06-02-2017, 03:44 PM
LOL all your posts are filled with salt, too much NaCl is not that good for you buddy

Of course it is, you are talking with an oceanographer, a scientific of the ocean, so of course I have to deal with NaCl too much. But its because of them, of Ubisoft, that I got so damn tired, and yesterday I, by coincidence, checked the game again and the forum, and it sucks like at the first weeks when I was here and active! That gave me enough temperature to lose H2O and increase my % of salt, which means I got so fcking salty that I ended typing like 5 messages in this less than a day in the forum from yesterday to today.

Existentialmeme
06-02-2017, 05:00 PM
Of course it is, you are talking with an oceanographer, a scientific of the ocean, so of course I have to deal with NaCl too much. But its because of them, of Ubisoft, that I got so damn tired, and yesterday I, by coincidence, checked the game again and the forum, and it sucks like at the first weeks when I was here and active! That gave me enough temperature to lose H2O and increase my % of salt, which means I got so fcking salty that I ended typing like 5 messages in this less than a day in the forum from yesterday to today.

Damn it got too real too fast... Can't really make fun of you for being salty anymore :/
Hope you salt concentration decreases soon :P or increase your Volume a bit~

UbiNoty
06-03-2017, 12:07 AM
We'll need some time to look over and digest all the feedback you all gave us, so it probably won't be coming up with the next patch. But it's probably safe to say that it'll come very soon after the changes to Kensei.

That_guy44
06-03-2017, 12:15 AM
I'm cool with yall buffing orichi, but if you do please remove the instazone.

teamspirit1
06-03-2017, 04:03 PM
I'm just curious

soon................................

kweassa1917
06-03-2017, 04:21 PM
Contrary what some whiney obnoxious idiots think, you can't just change stuff according to forum suggestions within a few days because they need to go through the process of actually checking out stuff, analyzing relevant data and validity of claims and suggestions, coming up with ideas how to actually implement it in game in what sort of manner, actual programming process, in-house testings, bugfixes and etc etc..

My take would be at least a month.